The Art of Losing

Love on Stage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 19. The Art of Losing

 

 

“Can you take me to my dad?” Jennie said as she got in the car together with Jisoo and Chaeng.  “Yes ma’am.” The driver followed and ignited the engine of the car. “Jendeukie, are you sure you want to see him now?” Jisoo asked the girl in worry. “Yes unnie, this needs to happen now. He never showed interest in my life, career nor my success over the years and now all of a sudden he wants to get involved in my life when it inconveniences him and then sabotages my relationship? I’ve had enough of people treating me like I don’t know what’s best for me.”

Jennie hissed in anger as there were no more tears left to cry.

 

As soon as they arrived at her father’s building, Jennie without hesitation got out of the car. “Jisoo unnie, Chaeng, don’t come with me anymore. Just wait for me here. I want to do this alone.” Jennie told her friends. “Okay but as soon as you need our help, please call us right away okay? We’ll wait here.” Jisoo said. “Go unnie, we’ll be here waiting for you. Good luck!”

 

Jennie enters the building and walks straight towards the elevator. The people at the area seem to have recognized the girls’ popular face as people started to talk. “What is she doing here? Does she know someone here?” An employee murmured from behind. “I bet she’s dating a rich executive here.” The other employee murmured. However, Jennie heard the entire conversation. As soon as the elevator opens, she went in followed by the two employees that went inside the lift.

 

“Excuse me, you two I couldn’t help but overhear your conversation earlier. You were talking about me right? You two better remember what I’ve got to say. I’m sure you know who owns this building isn’t it? That person is none other than my father and you better pray I don’t inherit anything from him because as soon as that happens, you lose both of your jobs. If and only if, you’re still here. Talking about people you obviously know nothing of is considered a crime you know? “, CEO Kim Dong Sik is her father?” The employee realized “We are so sorry Ms. Kim, we should have realized it sooner.” The employees apologized as they looked on the ground of the moving elevator.

 

“If I see any of these appearing on the news, you better get yourselves a good damn lawyer because I will make sure both of you go to jail for exploiting my privacy. Do I make myself clear?” Jennie said with a sharp tone giving the employees an intimidating glance that she effortlessly held. “Yes ma’am we understand and we apologize again. “Give me your ID’s and get a replacement at the employee hub.” The employees tensely complied. The elevator dinged to her destination which meant she’s already at her father’s floor.  “Good talk. Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to attend to something important here.” Jennie told the employees as she fiercely walked out of the elevator.

 

She is then greeted by her father’s secretary. “Excuse me ma’am, do you have an appointment with the President?” the secretary asks as she realizes it is the famous Jennie Kim standing in front of her. “Oh! Jennie Kim! I’m a huge fan!” “Thank you” Jennie said as she gave the girl a small smile. “I’m sorry though ma’am but I do not see you on the appointments list.” The secretary said slightly embarrassed. “Tell him his daughter is here.” Jennie said without holding back. The secretary then almost spit out her coffee and choked at what she heard as she gasped and looked at Jennie in shock. “I didn’t know the president had a daughter! I’m so sorry ma’am, I’ll let him know right away!” The secretary said as she hurriedly stood up from her seat and ran to the president’s office. However, Jennie did not wait for the permission to enter as she followed the secretary behind. “Mr Kim, your daughter is here to see you.” The secretary informed the man as her daughter walks in letting her presence known.  “Would you like something to drink Ms Jennie?” The secretary asked. “No, that’s fine. This won’t take long, thank you, you may leave us now.” Jennie ordered the girl as the secretary exits his father’s office.

 

“To what do I owe the pleasure of this visit?” Her father said. “Did you finally come to your senses my child?” Her father asked. “I came here to let you know that it’s over between me and Lisa, but don’t get ahead of yourself dad, because of what you did, I never ever want to associate myself with you.  I’ve never been so embarrassed of being your daughter. Did you really have to go that low dad? You went out of your way to threaten Lisa? Is that how you run your company and all other businesses? You play dirty? If that’s the case, save me the horror because I don’t want to inherit anything from you.”

 

“Not your money, and certainly not any of your businesses. You better find another child now because you better believe me, if you give me all of this, I will make sure to give it all away to charity and leave nothing for the Kim’s. Not for me, not for you or for mom. What the hell did I ever do to you? First, you protect your company by not associating me to any of your businesses because you don’t want people to find out that your daughter is a c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter