Chapter 21

With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Woohyun waited for Dongwoo as he stood lazily without doing anything. He had just left a message to Dongwoo saying he had arrived already. He looked at the other students entering the school and chatting among themselves. It was the second day of the festival and most of the participants were nervous about the prize giving later on.

Woohyun finally saw Dongwoo walking and looking around, probably searching him. Woohyun ran near him and finally Dongwoo saw him, "Oh there you are."

"Yeah, let's go," Woohyun said before both of them started to walk. Woohyun saw some of the stalls still being set up, everyone just started to enter the school. A stall selling fishcakes suddenly caught attention of Woohyun's wandering eyes. He got reminded about the previous day, when he was eating those with Sunggyu.

Woohyun suddenly got reminded of Sunggyu; he wanted to ask if he's here yet to Dongwoo but he didn't want to sound obvious too. "Did the others come yet?" he simply asked to the one walking beside him.

Dongwoo knew Woohyun meant their friends only by saying 'others', "Not all of them arrived, they'll be here soon."

"Ahh, I see." Wish you could say it more specifically.

They finally arrived near the basketball ground where the others were, Dongwoo pointed at them. Woohyun finally found the person he was looking for.

There he is. Woohyun walked quickly and stood beside Sunggyu who was just looking at some students playing basketball.

After parting away from the bus stop last day, Woohyun didn't talk to Sunggyu anymore. He even hesitated a lot before sending a message to Sunggyu but ended up not sending anything, he didn't want to bother him anyway.

"Yah Lee Sungyeol, why do you have to play basketball now?" Sunggyu whined. Woohyun noticed that the gloomy expression wasn't there anymore, instead Sunggyu looked quite normal like he always do.

Sungyeol passed the ball to someone else and glanced at Sunggyu's direction, "Oh, Woohyun came too."

"Are you ignoring me?" Sunggyu eyed at the tall boy who again started to dribble the ball after getting it.

"I will stop when Myungsoo arrives," Sungyeol ran off to the other side of the field again.

Woohyun finally noticed that Myungsoo wasn't there yet. Now that he looked around, he didn't see Hoya too, "When are they coming, hyung?" Woohyun asked looking at Dongwoo.

Dongwoo was about to answer but he finally saw two familiar figures, "There they are."

Woohyun also looked at the direction and saw Myungsoo and Hoya together, both of them were holding two bags. Sungyeol also noticed Myungsoo coming, he stopped playing and ran towards them.

"We met at the gate," Myungsoo said pointing Hoya, "And here's some ice cream we decided to buy while coming here."

Sungyeol took the bag from him first and Woohyun took the other bag from Hoya. "There are many flavours," Sungyeol said shuffling the ice creams in the bag.

"Take whatever you like," Hoya said 

"Is there any strawberry flavour?" Sunggyu asked peeking inside the bag Woohyun was holding.

"Let me see," Woohyun kept looking for the ice cream Sunggyu had asked for, "Here it is!" he gave the strawberry flavoured ice cream to Sunggyu after finally finding it.

"Thanks," Sunggyu took the ice cream and almost immediately tore the packet of it. Woohyun finally found a ice cream he'd like to have and handed the bag to Sungjong. He saw Sungyeol also handing the bag to Myungsoo after picking one from it. Sunggyu went for the bag Sungjong was holding, "What else are there?"

"You want to have more?" Dongwoo asked laughing at him.

"I just wanted to check!"

As Sunggyu was busy talking with the others, Sungyeol took the chance to whisper something to Woohyun, "He looks much better today than yesterday."

Woohyun took a bite from his ice cream, whispering back to Sungyeol, "I also noticed that when I came here."

"Yes, he started to nag like before again," Woohyun chuckled at Sungyeol's words. "But hey," Sungyeol whispered to Woohyun again.

"Yeah?"

"Why didn't you confess to Sunggyu yet?"

Woohyun suddenly choked while eating his ice cream, he even made sure not to be loud while coughing, he didn't want to grab anyone's attention.

"And don't deny it," Sungyeol said before Woohyun could actually say anything about it.

Woohyun didn't say anything. Right when he was about to give an answer to change the topic, Sungyeol again opened his mouth, "Don't worry, I won't tell anyone or make fun of you. Do I look like someone to do that?"

"Yes."

Sungyeol laughed bitterly, "Can't help with that then."

Woohyun silently started to the ice cream. Sungyeol started to whine again, "Hey~ Tell me-"

"Fine I do!" Woohyun shouted in his whisper.

Sungyeol showed a cheeky smile, "There you go, I knew you do, the way you look at him-"

"Shut up."

"Guys," Sungyeol said grabbing everyone's attention. Woohyun glared at him, why is he calling everyone now like this? Is he going to announce it now? Did I make a mistake by telling it to him? Many questions wandered around Woohyun's head.

Sungyeol laughed seeing Woohyun's face which made everyone confused. Sungyeol again looked at others, "I have to go somewhere with Woohyun, will be back soon."

Everyone nodded. They didn't mind asking where Sungyeol and Woohyun were going. Sungyeol wrapped his arm around Woohyun's shoulder before dragging him from there.

After going a safe distance where the others wouldn't hear their conversation, Sungyeol started to talk again, "Just confess to him today."

"That was so random, Sungyeol," Woohyun said freeing himself from Sungyeol's long arm.

"Just do as I say, I know a perfect timing for it."

Woohyun now looked a bit interested, "When is it?"

"In today's schedule, it said that the prize giving event is at 6pm. I told you before there will be fireworks later on, right?" Woohyun nodded and Sungyeol continued again, "Watch the fireworks together with him, then confess."

Woohyun looked a bit unsure about it, is it really a good idea?

"Go to the rooftop later with him, it's usually open at days like these but many people don't know about it."

Woohyun nodded, "I'll think about it. But don't tell anyone!"

"I'll just tell Myungsoo."

"Okay," Woohyun agreed. He knew Sungyeol would share anything with Myungsoo, even disagreeing wouldn't help.

--

The participants gathered together when there were an announcement made asking everyone to gather, the event was about to start anytime soon. There was a tension between the participants.

Woohyun and Sunggyu were sitting together. They were nervous too. Sunggyu was happy for almost the whole day, being his normal self. But now, the situation around him made him nervous.

"He's here," one of the participants said seeing the host coming on stage again.

Minseok introduced himself again as a loud cheer was there for him. The teachers and the judges were also there. Almost everything was same like the day before yesterday, the only difference was Minsung and his team being absent there; which somehow gave Sunggyu a relief. No one seemed to talk about that team or him either way.

"Everyone, you guys are curious about the competition's winners, right?" Minseok said which made everyone shout 'Yes' in return. "We will soon announce the name of them. But before that, we got another announcement and it is for the participants sitting together there," Minseok said pointing at the place where participants were sitting.

Everyone was curious about the announcement which made Minseok proceed with what he was saying, "We will give a special certificate to every participants here for their hardw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter