Chapter 18

With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The excitement of the competition was everywhere in the school as the final date got nearer. 30 teams were selected to take part in the competition. The passion of each selected teams to win the competition started to increase more.

The audition results were uploaded in the school's server so anyone could see it by visiting it. But there weren't any names posted in the result list, all of them were registration numbers, which was the reason why people couldn't find all selected teams. They had to wait for the final day to check it out.

Woohyun was returning to his classroom with Sungyeol and Hoya after having lunch at the café with other boys. As Woohyun was walking through the hallway, he heard most of the students talking about the competition. He even heard some girls trying to decide what should they wear for the final day.

"Is everyone always so excited for the competition like this?" Woohyun asked looking at Sungyeol. Hoya looked at Sungyeol too to hear the answer, he also didn't know about it after all.

"Yeah," Sungyeol replied, "The competition part is the most popular part of the day."

"The competition is at night, what will be there during the day time?" Hoya asked as he knew the competition won't cover the whole day's event.

"There will be some normal stuffs too what other festivals normally have. Games, stalls - people enjoy those during the day."

Three of them reached their class as they were talking. Sungyeol and Woohyun sat beside each other so they could talk about whatever they wanted even during the class, but Hoya couldn't as his seat was far away. He wanted to ask a last question before returning to their seats, "Then what about the second day?"

"Ah, right second day, I wanted to ask about it too," Woohyun remembered hearing about the 'Second day' from everyone recently. The students seemed to be excited about that too.

"First of all, it's basically the prize giving day of the competition. Then there will be some fun shows from our teachers. Then finally, at night there will be fireworks, couples are hyped up about that the most."

"Then you're going to watch it with Myungsoo leaving us behind, right?" Woohyun asked trying to imagine the scene.

"Of course, he's the only person I need in my whole lifetime," Sungyeol acted like he was reciting some drama line in the middle of the classroom.

"Dude, please," Hoya scoffed, "Stop making me cringe."

"It's his hobby to make everyone cringe like that," Woohyun said as if he had known Sungyeol for years.

"You know me so well," Sungyeol said exposing his gummy smile as he went to hug Woohyun.

"STOP," Woohyun moved away trying to avoid Sungyeol's hug.

"Hey, Woohyun," as they were talking, the class president, who also helped Woohyun with the assignments when he was new in the school, came towards him.

"Oh, hey Minho," Woohyun greeted the class president.

"Did you get selected in the competition? I heard you were preparing for it," Minho asked looking at Woohyun. He saw Hoya too, who looked passionate about the competition from the very beginning, "Ah Hoya too, I guess you also took part in it. What about your result?"

"The three of us got selected but we are in different teams," Woohyun answered on behalf of Hoya too.

"Three of you?" Minho frowned, "Sungyeol also participated?"

"Yes, I did and got selected. Don't underestimate me," Sungyeol showed off making Minho more surprised.

"Woah, I knew the Lee Sungyeol, the popular basketball player, joined the music club. But I wasn't aware that he'd participate in the competition and even get selected."

"He got nice team members luckily," Woohyun answered before Sungyeol could open his mouth to say anything. "But did you participate too?" Woohyun asked as he felt like the class president had participated too.

"Yes, I did," Minho answered with a sad smile, "But unfortunately we didn't get selected."

"Ah, really...." Woohyun didn't know what to reply, he wasn't ready for that kind of answer.

"But it's okay!" Minho said suddenly looking very cheerful, "We will try again next year! And for this year, we will be rooting for you."

"Thanks, Minho-ya," Woohyun said tapping on Minho's arms.

--

"AAAAA I THINK I WILL GO CRAZY NOW!" Lee Sungyeol screamed in frustration out of the blue as he looked at the stage where he will be standing minutes later.

Everyone was nervous too as they were sitting on the chairs which were arranged in front of the stage, watching some people decorating the stage. They got more nervous hearing Sungyeol's frustrated scream. "Lee Sungyeol," Sunggyu called out Sungyeol who was sitting in the front row with his team members.

"YEAH, WHAT?" He again screamed to reply. 

"Don't scream! We are nervous too!" He yelled at Sungyeol for making him even more nervous than before.

"OKAY!" He replied from the front.

Woohyun looked around to see who else were there, he found lots of people sitting in groups and waiting to see what was going to happen next. He looked at his phone which indicated 9:15 am to check the time. They all had came early for a stage rehearsal. He heard that different agency CEO will come too to see the performance.

"Hello everyone," a boy suddenly spoke in the microphone on the stage and grabbed everyone's attention, "I am Kim Minseok of senior year. Today, I will be the host for this event."

Everyone applaud at the host to encourage him for his work. The host continued, "As you know, we've called the participants only for stage rehearsal at this early hour. The other students will start coming later. And for the rehearsal, we will start by the rankings you got from the audition. The first five froups, please come near the stage according to your ranking. We will start the practice in a few moment."

The teams got ready for the rehearsal. Dongwoo, Hoya, Hyoyeon and Yuri stood up to go near the stage as the host instructed. "We will go now," Dongwoo said bidding everyone goodbye for the time being.

"Hwaiting!" The other boys encouraged them to do well as they already started to walk.

The boys were looking who else ranked at top 5. Woohyun and Sunggyu noticed Minsung and their team members also going f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter