Chapter 19

With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Woohyun and Sunggyu were walking around the stalls that were arranged by the students. They got bored sitting without doing anything so they both decided to come out and walk around the place together.

Woohyun glanced around the food stalls, "Want to eat something? I'm hungry," he asked Sunggyu, wishing Sunggyu would actually eat something with him too.

"Sure," Sunggyu said also looking around the stalls, "What do you want to eat?"

Woohyun grinned widely when Sunggyy agreed on eating something. Woohyun knew Sunggyu had a heavy mood since morning, since after the practice on stage. When he was wondering how to cheer up his hyung, he thought that eating something together would be a good way to make his mood lighter.

"Let's eat those fishcakes there," Woohyun pointed at a stall where some fishcakes were being prepared. He ran near the stall to buy some of it. Sunggyu followed behing him trying to catch up with his speed.

Woohyun grabbed four sticks of the fishcakes and asked for the amount he needed to pay. "Here," Woohyun handed two of those to Sunggyu and payed for it to the stall owner. Sunggyu wanted to pay for those himself but Woohyun was fast enough to pay for it. Even Woohyun knew Sunggyu would say something about paying for it. He walked away quickly from the place not giving a chance for Sunggyu to say something about it.

Sunggyu again followed Woohyun. He understood why he walked off so fast again. After matching the pace with Woohyun, he blowed on the hot fishcakes he was holding. Sunggyu saw Woohyun already trying to bite the hot food, "Hey it's still hot-"

Sunggyu tried to warn Woohyun but it was too late, he already bit it and burned his mouth, "Ouch," he winced as it stung his mouth.

"Are you that much hungry that you bit it without even blowing on it?" Sunggyu chuckled as he saw Woohyun fanning his mouth with his hand.

"Yeah," Woohyun lied as he kept fanning himself. He sure wasn't in a hurry because he was hungry but it was because of excitement.

Excitement for what reason? To casually walk around with Sunggyu and eating food from the stalls.

"Be careful, you need to sing later too," Sunggyu said as he took a bite from the fishcake, realizing it cooled down a bit.

"Hmm," Woohyun hummed and blowed on his fishcake again.

"Do you want to practice a bit more again?" Sunggyu said, he couldn't help but get nervous about the final performance.

"Well, we can do a light practice instead of giving all our energy in it, Dongwoo hyung forbid us too."

Sunggyu nodded. He remembered Dongwoo saying not to waste too much energy in practice right before the performance. There weren't much time left anyways, he also didn't want to drain all his energy even before the performance.

"I just want to practice the high note one more time mainly," Sunggyu said, "I really don't want to ruin the performance and our hardwork."

"There you go, worrying too much again," Woohyun stopped walking and stood straight, "Have confidence, just think that you are the best in this."

Sunggyu also stopped seeing Woohyun standing straight, "Okay." It indeed was true that Woohyun's words always made him feel better and in ease. He realized himself overthinking how he would make mistakes in the main performance. He decided to stop overthinking for the time being and have some confidence in himself, as Woohyun mentioned.

--

Sunggyu and Woohyun were sitting with the other participants while waiting for a further notice from the authority or the host. They were waiting for the open air performance.

"So many students are here," Woohyun said peeking through the backstage. There were lots of chairs arranged for the students to sit. Most of the seats were filled already by the students. In front of them, there were some tables together, for the judges to sit.

There were some popular dance and vocal trainer too as judges. Beside them, some of the school teachers were also sitting there. 

"Hello everyone, I'm today's host of the show Kim Minseok from the senior year," Minseok introduced himself in front of the crowd for the second time of the day.

The crowd cheered loudly for the event's host as the judges also clapped with them.

Minseok did the formal introduction about the show including about the scholarship for the winners as a huge prize. Soon all of the seats were filled up, some even just stood there not being able to get a chair to sit.

"It's starting soon," Myungsoo said as he sat behind Woohyun and Sunggyu.

"Nervous?" Sungyeol asked, taking the seat beside Myungsoo.

Myungsoo nodded as an answer. The thought about performing in front of the huge crowd and judges got everyone nervous.

"Sunggyu hyung looks so cool though with that jacket," Sungjong said looking at Sunggyu's outfit, "We never saw him in an outfit like that before."

Woohyun agreed to Sungjong in his mind also looking at Sunggyu who looked a bit surprised from the sudden compliment. Sunggyu's sister had helped him to choose the outfit for the performance.

"Looks like they're announcing something important," Sunggyu said as he could hear Minseok's voice.
The other boys tried to listen and focus on what the host was actually saying. They realized there really was an important announcement for everyone.

"Before we start the performance, we will first select the order of everyone's performance and it will be selected randomly," Minseok said after he finished intr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter