Chapter 16

With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Aren't you composing songs for Minsung and that's why you weren't ready to participate in the competition?"

Sunggyu was startled. He never expected Woohyun to find it out so soon.

--

"How did you find out?" Sunggyu asked as he opened the can of soda he just bought. They were both sitting at the park which was near their school. Sunggyu asked Woohyun to talk for some moment. He wanted to make sure Woohyun didn't misunderstand anything else.

Woohyun didn't know how to answer it, Sunggyu might get angry too. He didn't want to get Sunggyu angry. He opened the soda can too which Sunggyu had bought for him.

Sunggyu watched as Woohyun kept quiet, he understood that Woohyun didn't know how to explain or something really similar to that which is keeping him quiet, "We should talk out about this to clear any kind of misunderstandings other than the main story."

Woohyun agreed to Sunggyu inside his mind. He decided to tell how he found it out.

(Flashback)

Woohyun got out from Dongwoo and Sunggyu's class. He wanted to know an information from Dongwoo, he got Dongwoo to get his answer. He lowkey wished to see Sunggyu too but he wasn't there. Is he in the library or what? 

Woohyun started to walk to go to his class. He saw two boys walking at the end of the hallway, reaching near the stairs. One of them was Minsung, Woohyun could tell that by looking at his back. Normally, he would’ve minded his own business and walked away without caring anything about him. But the presence of Sunggyu made Woohyun concerned.

Woohyun decided to follow them keeping a safe distance. He saw Sunggyu and Minsung together many times but Sunggyu got hurt most of the time they were together. Woohyun wanted to make sure if Minsung would bully Sunggyu badly again. 

Woohyun walked down through the stairs, he reached the ground floor. He saw Sunggyu getting out from the school building's entrance. Woohyun kept observing where they were going. 

Soon, Woohyun found Minsung and Sunggyu at the corner of the school, where students don't go usually. Woohyun hid behind a wall, making sure Sunggyu or Minsung won't be able to find him easily.

"Ah what now again?" Sunggyu sounded annoyed. 

"You told me this lyrics won't work! That's why I changed it. Take a look at it too," Minsung handed the paper to Sunggyu. Sunggyu grabbed it sighing once.

"You should've just kept what I wrote," Sunggyu said frowning a little bit.

"Whatever," Minsung said taking the paper back and was about to leave. But he stopped at his pace as he remembered something, "That friend of yours," Minsung turned to face Sunggyu, "Did you tell him everything already?"

Woohyun had no idea what Minsung and Sunggyu were talking about at first. But hearing Minsung's last words made him wonder about who he was talking about. 

"About what?" Sunggyu said not answering Minsung’s question straight. 

Minsung laughed, "You already know what I'm talking about." He walked near Sunggyu, "Did you tell him that you're composing for me? And did he say anything else about the competition?"

Composing for him? Woohyun's eyes widened. He couldn't understand the whole situation. He didn't hear Sunggyu saying anything at first, he wanted to know more but he felt a vibration coming through his pocket. Startled, Woohyun took out the phone fast. He saw Sungyeol's name as the caller ID.

Woohyun walked away a bit to answer it, he didn't want to get caught by Minsung and Sunggyu. "Yeah, what's up?" Woohyun said picking up the phone after getting into a safer distance from Sunggyu. 

"COME HERE FAST!" Woohyun heard Sungyeol screaming from the other side of phone. 

"What? What happened?" Woohyun asked but he realised the call was disconnected after that. Woohyun wasn't sure where Sunyeol was and where he should go. Guessing that Sungyeol might be in the classroom, he ran off there.

(End of flashback)

Woohyun told Sunggyu about every details that happened the last day. "But did you know why he called me?"

Sunggyu looked at Woohyun, "Why?"

"He matched just one side of a rubik's cube, he called me just to show that!" Sunggyu laughed hearing Woohyun, it was supposed to be a serious conversation but it turned out like this anyway.

"Are you angry?" Woohyun asked, a bit nervous that Sunggyu might actually reply something in the affirmative.

"No," Sunggyu said, not looking angry at all. "I'm kinda relieved."

"Relieved?" Woohyun tilted his head in confusion hearing Sunggyu's word. He didn't want Sunggyu to get angry but he didn't expect this too.

"Yeah," Sunggyu paused before continuing again, "I actually felt frustrated dealing with it and keeping it by myself. I couldn't even tell Dongwoo, he'd be too worried and would actually do something without thinking much."

Woohyun kept silent, he wanted Sunggyu to continue. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter