Chapter 9

With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Why do I keep running into you?" Woohyun asked, surprised as he didn't expect Sunggyu to see in the store, as a cashier. 

Sunggyu was surprised too, but not more than Woohyun. He never thought he would meet Woohyun at his part time job's working place.

Sunggyu took the stuffs Woohyun bought and calculated how much he had to pay before telling it to Woohyun. Woohyun took out his wallet and payed the money.

"Do you work part time job here?" Woohyun asked while paying his money.

"Yes," Sunggyu replied keeping the answer short.

"Till when do you work?" Woohyun asked again, trying to keep up a conversation between them.

Sunggyu looked at the clock that was hanging in a corner, "I still have like half hours left."

Woohyun nodded and wondered how could Sunggyu always keep the conversation so short. 

"Sunggyu-ya," a man peeked through the door that was behind Sunggyu.

"Yes?" Sunggyu looked back at that man to reply.

"Do you want to go early today? I'll be closing soon."

Woohyun now could guess that he might be the owner of the shop as he heard him saying he will close the store . 

"Are you sure?" Sunggyu asked.

"Yes, you can go for today."

"Okay," Sunggyu left the cashier's place and went to take his stuff. Woohyun got his stuffs he just bought already and he was even ready to go. But even he didn't know why he was still standing there watching the part timer and the owner talking with each other. Was he waiting for Sunggyu and preparing himself to go with him? Probably. 

Few minutes later Sunggyu came back with his bagpack. The owner was already standing at the cashier's place by then. "Don't cut off my pay," Sunggyu said almost glaring at him.

The man laughed, "Don't worry, I was just kidding back then."

Sunggyu nodded then realised Woohyun still standing there watching them. "Do you need anything else?" He asked looking at Woohyun.

Woohyun shook his head, "No."

"Okay then," Sunggyu headed towards the door to leave the place. Woohyun followed him deciding to go to home too.

Sunggyu was walking a bit faster than Woohyun. Woohyun matched the pace soon. Sunggyu noticed it but he didn't say anything, he kept walking as Woohyun was walking beside him too. There was an awkward silence between them.

"For how long do you work here?" Woohyun asked trying to start a conversation to ignore the awkward silence between them.

"Started from this month," Sunggyu replied, as usual with a short answer. At this point Woohyun wasn't even surprised anymore to see Sunggyu ending a conversation so fast.

Woohyun nodded and awkward silence surrounded them again.

"Do you live around somewhere here?" Sunggyu asked, feeling the urge to stop the awkward silence. 

Woohyun got surprised to see Sunggyu asking him something, by himself. "Yes, it's just a walking distance," he managed to reply. Sunggyu nodded at him.

Woohyun realised there will be that awkward environment again so hoping Sunggyu won't mind, he said, "You keep the conversation really short..."

Sunggyu laughed, "Dongwoo always used to worry how I am going to make new friends because of this."

Woohyun laughed with him, feeling a bit relieved that Sunggyu didn't mind about what he had said.

As they were walking they reached a road. Sunggyu stopped walking and stood there. Seeing him, Woohyun stoped walking too looking at Sunggyu. "I'll be get going then," Sunggyu said.

"Okay, get home safely," Woohyun said as Sunggyu smiled a bit.

Sunggyu entered the road as Woohyun stood there watching him walk. Moments later he started to walk again too to reach his home

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter