Chapter 17

With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There weren't many days left before the competition. All of the participants were practicing with the desire to win. Between these practice days, the seven boys got really close. They'd often hang out together at different places outside the school and eat in the school café daily together. 

Hoya could manage three rooms of a dance studio for the other's to practice because of his old friend. His friend's older brother owned it afterall. Dongwoo, Myungsoo and Woohyun's team would practice there for the time being and they were also thankful to Hoya for being able to manage these rooms.

Woohyun and Sunggyu had been practicing for the competition diligently everyday there. They wanted to win no matter what. Anyone who knew Minsung and Sunggyu's story would think that Sunggyu was working this hard just to beat Minsung. But that wasn't the case, Sunggyu didn't even remember about Minsung during the practice period. He had always wanted to take part in it and win no matter what.

It was a weekend's afternoon when Sunggyu and Woohyun were resting after a long practice. Sunggyu was surfing the web while Woohyun sat there doing nothing. 

Woohyun suddenly glanced at Sunggyu's hand, "Your hand seems to be completely fine now."

"Of course, it's been so many days," Sunggyu answered. Woohyun was always worried before that Sunggyu might hurt himself more while doing the dance. But Sunggyu had always reassured him that he was completely fine.

Just when Sunggyu finished talking with Woohyun, he noticed receiving a mail in his phone. He opened it and frowned a little bit, Woohyun noticed the frown, "Anything happened?"

"Yeah, check your mail. You might have received it too," Sunggyu said and continued reading the mail again. Woohyun took out his phone to check it as Sunggyu said.

Just like Sunggyu, Woohyun was surprised too to see the mail he got, "Video?"

"They got too many participants this year I guess, that's why they had to do this as an audition."

"They should have told us earlier..." Woohyun murmured staring at the mail he got from his school asking for their performance video submitted first as an audition. 

Woohyun and Sunggyu both read further of the email. They saw that they have to visit a studio for their music they're gonna play during the competition. 

"How many registration were done this year?" Sunggyu said not looking away from his phone.

"Not sure," Woohyun replied, "Registration to participate in the competition was closed two days ago already if I'm not wrong."

"Yeah, you're right. I just got Dongwoo's message, he said the authority will accept 30 teams only this year through this audition maybe."

"It's going to be a tought competition. And the scholarship news made everything more competitive."

Sunggyu agreed as he nodded not saying much anymore. Woohyun suddenly put his phone away and looked at the direction of Sunggyu, "The last day to submit our video is next week, right 7 days before the competition. We still haven't got some parts right, we still make mistakes."

Sunggyu also kept his phone away as he saw a serious Woohyun in front of him. "My voice still cracks in the bridge part..." Sunggyu said sheepishly, "Maybe you should do both highnotes?"

"No!" Woohyun denied strongly, "I really have the feeling that if you practice just two more days it'll be perfect!"

"Then when will we go to the studio for the instrumental?"

"We're done with our song already and we don't think we need much changes in it. So, we can get the instrumental already."

"When do you wanna go then?" Sunggyu asked resting his back on the wall where he was sitting.

"Don't know, let's ask the others first."

"Okay," Sunggyu said before getting up from sitting. Ready to master all the choreographs and to slay the performance with Woohyun.

--

Woohyun and Sunggyu were sitting in front of the laptop on the dancing studio's room they used for practicing. Behind them, the other boys including Hyoyeon and Yuri were sitting there too, all waiting for the audition results to be out.

It's been six days till Woohyun and Sunggyu went to the studio for their song's instrumentals to get recorded and four days till they submitted their video in their school's serve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter