Take Heart

The Brother

There was a knock at the door.  Yoongi heard his mom's voice ask, "can I come in?"  

"Come in,"  Yoongi said sitting up in his bed.

"You're still resting.  Did you get home late from Taehyung's party?"

"Yes."

"Did you and Seulgi enjoy yourselves?"

"Yes, you know Tae's family.  It was a huge party."

"Did he like your gift?"

"I don't know...  Mom, did you ask Jennie not to hang out with me?"

"I'm glad you brought it up.  I want you to be friendly but not friends.  If you two get close I'm going to have to let her go."

"But why?"

"You can't date the help, Yoongi!"

"Then let her go!"

"It's bad enough Hwan wants to be with her more than me."

"Maybe if you spent more time with him...."

"Yoongi, I'm doing the best I can."

"Okay, but don't punish her for being good at her job. Hwan and I both like her.  Don't do anything you will regret."

"You shouldn't have gotten involved with Seulgi. You never listen to me when I warn you.  If you break up with her now, your dad will lose his company."

"That's not fair.  You introduced me to her."

"I didn't tell you to date her."

I'm sorry, mom.  I won't break up with her yet."

"All right, but stay away from Jennie."

Jennie sat at the restaurant with Taehyung.  He had called her to have breakfast with him and then come to his house to open his gifts.  Jennie brought her gift for him in her purse.  She thought this would be a good time to give it to him.

She took the gift out and handed it to Taehyung. "For you," she said with a smile.

"I love it!" Tae said. "Can you put it on me?"

As Jennie was securing the clasp on the bracelet, Yoongi walked up to them. "Hi, guys."

"Hi Yoongi, want to join us?"  Taehyung said.

"Sure."

"After here we're going to my house to open my gifts.  Wana come?"

"Okay."

While Taehyung was paying, Yoongi spoke to Jennie about Hwan.  

"Hwan has a surprise for you."

Jennie's face lit up.  "Really!"

"He worked really hard on it.  He asked me to draw a heart and he colored it for you."

"How sweet!" Jennie said.

"He says you gave your heart away so he made one for you."

"How cute, I will treasure it always." She said looking away.

Yoongi stared at her but she would not look at him.  He did notice, however, that her cheeks were very pink.  

The next day Jennie couldn't wait to see Hwan.  She missed the little boy so much.  The minute she got there he was waiting by the door.  She kneeled down for a big hug and wet kiss from the little boy.  She picked him up and carried him into the kitchen trying to quiet his excitement.  When breakfast was done they went upstairs to play.  Jennie found Yoongi still in his pajamas. He didn't want to miss when Hwan gave me his heart. Hwan whispers something in his ear.

"Ennie close er eyes." Hwan stands in front of her with his creation but stays quiet making Yoongi giggle.

Jennie giggles too.

Hwan wiggles the paper.

"Open your eyes," Yoongi says helping him.

"Open!" Hwan says.

"Oh my, that's beautiful!" She says, "Thank you, sweetie!"

"Is a heart."

"Yes, I can see that."

"Cause you losted it."  Hwan explains.

"Yes, I lost my heart to you and now you have given me a new one. Thank you!"

Jennie pulled him in for a hug as Hwan kisses her cheek. She looked up at Yoongi and smiled realizing Yoongi was recording the moment on his phone. "Aww, thank you Woongi-ssi, send it to me." She tells him.

"Sure."

Jennie realized that he recorded their interactions all the time. How did she not notice this before?   She remembers all the photos on his phone.

"What is it? Jennie."

"Nothing, I just remembered that you like to take pictures."

Jennie took Hwan back to his playroom pointing to toys and asking him the colors of the items.  Yoongi peeks his head in and asks them to come to his room.  With a shy grin on his face, he motions for them to sit facing his computer.  Yoongi presses play on a video he has made of Hwan and Jennie from the first day she started with them.  The adorable compilation of giggles, playing pretend games and messy ice cream consumption, had them enthralled and culminated with Hwan giving her his heart.  When it was over Yoongi, came on screen and spoke to the camera.

"Jennie, Hwan has given you his heart today but you have taken mine. Simply said, I love you."

The video ended.  Jennie looked over at Yoongi surprised by his confession of love.  His face red and staring down at his hands, to nervous to look at her.   "Sorry ... I know you don't feel the same way..., He says standing up.

"Shut up Yoongi."  Jennie wrapped her arms around him.  She kisses him just as she had wanted to do for the longest time.  She couldn't help herself.  She loved him too.  She didn't care that he still has a girlfriend.  He doesn't love her.  Their lips disconnect and he stares at her searching her face.  Yoongi goes to talk.  "Shut up and kiss me." She whispers to his lips.

Without speaking he crashed his lips on to hers kissing her hungrily and wrapping his arms around her.  His lips part from hers only to say, "I love you, I love you!"  She giggles happily with a fluttery feeling in her heart.

"I wub you to, Ennie!" Hwan says hugging her legs.