Picture Perfect

The Brother

I would say I was melancholy but that wouldn't be an accurate description of my scattered thoughts.  I was stuck in a daydream, floating in a cocoon of love. Flashes of his eyes, his lips, his cute laugh.  I had it bad.  

Tae-Hwan caressed my hair.  "Jennie sad?"  He asked with a pout.

"No Tae-Hwan I'm fine.   It's just my heart doesn't belong to me anymore."

"Woongi buy you one."


"You think Woongi might have my heart?"  I said.

"Ask him."  

Yoongi walks in on our little conversation. "Ask what?"

Hwan started, "Do you ..."

Jennie finished, "...want to go to the park?"

"Well okay for a little bit cause I have to go out."

"Yay!  Make Innie appy. She lost somting."

"Oh, I found it."

Yoongi noticed Hwan wearing his headphones and thought, "How cute! He wants to be just like me." Then he thought, "Wait! My phone was attached to those." "Hwan, give me my phone!" Yoongi said trying to reach out to him.

Hwan shrieked and ran from him heading quickly out the door.  

"Hwan, I'm gonna get you!"  Yoongi said sneaking around the house while I followed behind him.  Hearing Yoongi's voice getting closer Hwan giggled and ran from his hiding spot.  With a couple of quick strides Yoongi reached him and pulled him in for a hug.  "Got you!"

Hwan squirmed trying to free himself and dropped the phone.  "Uh oh!"

"It's okay Hwan, it didn't break.  You are so lucky mister.  Why do you always take my phone?"

"I wana be like you Woongi!"

"Oh, I see.  What if I give you one of my old phones?  Will that make you happy?"

"Yes!"  Hwan said jumping quickly up and down.

Yoongi hugged him and carried him into his room. He turned back when he saw I didn't follow.  "Jennie come."  

I followed them into his room curiously looking around at the tidy space.  Yoongi was looking through a drawer till he found what he was looking for.  Hwan made grabby hands for the phone but Yoongi said he had to charge it first. I don't think Hwan understood and started to pout.  Yoongi noticed and said "You can look at my phone while you wait."  Yoongi swiped the phone and the first picture that popped up was a picture of me holding Hwan. 

"Ennie! Hwan squealed and kissed the phone.  

My heart melted at the cuteness.  Then I wondered why Yoongi's phone was open to that photo?  Was he looking at it before Hwan took his phone?

Yoongi showed Hwan how to swipe and see the other pictures.  From what I could see, they were mostly of our outings at the park and mostly of Hwan in cute outfits and with varying degrees of dirt or icecream on his face.  We all giggled at the photos.  Then I saw another picture of me that he had screenshot from my Instagram account! 


"Why do you have a picture of me?"

Yoongi blushed to his ears and said a little, "oops."  He looked at me as I waited expectantly for his answer.  "Umm, My girlfriend wanted to know what you looked like."

"Why?"

"Cause I said you were cute and she was jealous.  I told her you were just a regular girl."

"But you didn't have to save the picture.  Won't that make her more jealous?"

He just shrugged like it didn't matter prompting me to ask, "Do you think I'm pretty?"

Hwan interrupted, "Ennie is the mostest pretty!"

Yoongi responded with a gummy smile.  "Yes the mostest!  Let's watch a movie since it's raining.  We can go get ice cream when it stops."

Hwan jumped on the couch wiggling his little feet in happiness.  I sat down next to him.  Yoongi scooped him up on his lap and sat down holding the remote right next to me.  I looked at him while he searched for something to watch and I thought to my self, "I get paid to do this?"  (◡‿◡˶)♥