The Light Gets In

The Brother

A sweet smile crept on his lips turning his eyes into crinkled crescents as Yoongi remembered Seulgi's happy face.  It made him feel so much better that he was not breaking her heart.  He still felt guilty about asking Seulgi to be his girlfriend too soon in the relationship and later realizing that his best friend was in love with her.  He couldn't wait any longer to clear the air with Seulgi and finally break up with her.  He wanted nothing more than to be with Jennie after all, she is only the love of his life.  

Fall was finally here and soon Jennie and he would start going to college again.  Jennie would no longer be over his house in the mornings to take care of Hwan.  He was going to miss that.  All three of them were going to miss those peaceful mornings and chaotically fun afternoons together.  He wanted Jennie to still be part of their lives even if it was with a different schedule.  After their classes, they could still find time to take Hwan for ice cream and play time in the park. These were some of the most beautiful moments in life and he didn't want to miss a single one.  He also wanted to take advantage of the precious days left of summer vacation. 


 I love his shy smile.

 

The cool fall air hit his face as he left his house that morning. Today was the day he was determined to end things with Seulgi and hopefully, everything else would fall into place, meaning, no drama with his parents. Seulgi had agreed to see him this morning and greeted him at the door when he got to her house.  

"Hi, Yoongi, why are you here so early?"

"I wanted to talk to you about us."

"Oh, I see."

Yoongi didn't want to beat around the bush any longer. "Seulgi, Do you like Taehyung?"

"I do but not enough to break up with you."

"Why?"

With her eyes cast down, Seulgi answered him, "I love you Yoongi.  I want you to look at me how you look at Jennie.  I want to be loved like that."

"I'm sorry, but I'm not in love with you. I want to break up with you.  You can't be with someone that doesn't want to be with you."  Her eyes were fixed on him now. More softly he said, "Seulgi, didn't Taehyung confess to you yesterday?"

"No."

"What!  That idiot still hasn't told you he loves you!"

"He loves me?"  Seulgi said surprised.

"Yes, how can you not see it.  Anyone can tell by how he looks at you. That's why he fought with me and wouldn't talk to me, that is until he wanted you to come to his birthday so he had to ask me."

"Really?"

"Yes, he's been flirting and going out with Jennie to see if you get jealous.  Tell me you've noticed."

"I didn't."  Her little face lit up with happiness and then frowned again.  "You're just saying that to get rid of me."  She started to cry.

"No Seulgi, I wouldn't do that. Let's call Tae and ask him to come.  I bet he'll drop everything just to see you.  Do you like him?"

Seulgi just shrugged not sure of herself.

"Seulgi, you are the most beautiful girl I had ever seen.  I wanted you so much that I hurt my best friend to be with you.  Please let me fix this.  You two were meant for each other.  When you two were alone did you have fun with him?  Did you feel anything?"

"Yes."

"Then please give him a chance.  Does he have a chance?"

Seulgi nodded her head and Yoongi thought, 'I'll take what I can get.'  He took his phone out to call Tae.