I Can Only See You

The Brother

Yoongi and Seulgi arrived at the party having bearly spoken in the car.  Their relationship was hot and cold but even when they were hot for each other it was mostly a ual thing. They really didn't have much in common and rarely shared anything deep with each other. They walked in together, leaving his expensive sports car running to be parked by the uniformed valet.  He could hear the dance music from outside the elegant venue.  Tae's family had gone all out just like he suspected.  The minute they walked into the crowded space full of elegantly dressed socialites, his eyes searched for Jennie and Taehyung. He was more interested in Jennie, of course, wondering how the beauty would look at an event like this.  All heads turned when they walked in.  No one in that room could match his swag with Seulgi by his side.  She was a striking beauty and elevated his status among his peers.  Even the gorgeous Taehyung was jealous of him.


Seulgi left him to talk to her friends and he went to put his gift on the present table.   He strolled to the bar to get drinks for both of them.  As he waited for her drink to be made, he scanned the room again. That's when his eyes locked on Jennie as she walked by.  He reached out to hold her arm and pulled her into an embrace.  She looked up at him surprised by his bold move probably fuelled by the alcohol he just downed. 

"Jennie, hi.  You look ... stunning," he said with a tilt to his head.  His eyes rake down her body and back up taking in her beautiful form.  Their eyes meet and he smiles at her blushing pink cheeks. 

"Thank you, you look good too, Yoongi." She said unafraid of Yoongi's intimidating aura.

He wants to take her hand and dance.  Lost in her big beautiful eyes, he recalls his confession. The music booming in tune to his beating heart but he doesn't get a chance to ask her. Just then Tae is standing next to her and greeting me.  I didn't hear what he said over the music. I just smile and wish him a happy birthday as Tae comes close for a hug.

"Thank you.  Where is Seulgi?"  Taehyung asks.

"She's here talking to her friends."

"Good, I'm glad she came. Let's go, Jennie.  I want to dance to this song."


I watch them as they walk away from me and I gulp down my second drink.  Jennie starts dancing and I can't take my eyes off her.  Her movements are smooth and y and I feel she is dancing for me.  She steals glances at me from under her lashes making me so hot for her.  Taehyung is getting closer and closer making me angry that she's not mine.  Before I knew it Seulgi was next to me.  I put down the drink in her hand and pull her to the dance floor.  She started dancing ily, trying to get my attention away from Jennie.  She must have noticed me drooling over Jennie but in my defense, all eyes were on her.  She was the new hot girl and she was Taehyung's date.  Everyone was curious about her, of that I'm sure.

After the dance, Seulgi asked me for another drink, her jealous eyes staring at Taehyung and Jennie.  Her malicious stare making me uncomfortable.  I tried to talk to her but she walked away mad.  

A little while later I noticed Jennie sitting alone at the table and I went to sit with her.  He made sure he didn't sit close not wanting Seulgi to make a scene.  He looked over at Jennie.  

"We missed you today."  He started.

"Oh?" 

"Hwan was listless and sad."

"You should have called me."  Jennie said her eyes warming thinking of his cute little brother.

"He's getting very attached to you."

"I missed him too."  Jennie smiled.

"What about me?"  Yoongi stares at her intently. 

"I missed you." She said so softly he could barely hear it. 

"Would you like to dance?"

"Sure."

They walk to the dance floor, unbothered by the stares.  That is until Yoongi notices his girlfriend Seulgi but he doesn't care.  Seulgi turns and walks away.  He is glad hoping she finally gives up on him.


Jennie takes his breath away.  He feels the goosebumps on his skin as he watches her dance forgetting the hate on Seulgi's face.  She is the loveliest girl he's ever seen and she is openly flirting with him.  Yoongi is on cloud nine.