Sunday Mood

The Brother

Yoongi left Seulgi's house still giggling to himself and headed to Jennie's.  He felt happy that everything seemed to be working out better than he had dared hope.  His only fear was how his mom would take the news, but what's done is done.  They could yell at him as much as they want.  Seulgi was not his girlfriend anymore and she certainly didn't want to get married.  Theirs was a whirlwind romance but once the passion waned they found out they were not compatible.  Hopefully, Tae and Seulgi would have a long-lasting love.  He really wished that happiness for them. Yoongi was dying to call Taehyung to find out how it went.  His poor friend was so nervous it was comical to see his usual confidence abandoning him.  Luckily, Seulgi seemed to find it adorable. She looked so pretty, no wonder Tae was stressed out.  Her looks can be very intimidating.  She had a strange way of looking at you that seemed like she could look into your soul.  I had been under her spell but meeting Jennie had snapped me out of it.  

Yoongi arrived at Jennie's house and was rewarded with her sweet gummy smile when she saw it was him at the door.

"I was just passing by and thought I'd drop in for a visit. I miss your love, my sweet love. Would you like to join me for lunch?"  He asked her cheerily.

"Sure but I just helped my mom cook. Why don't we eat here?"

"Well, I'm not sure... How well do you cook? I have a sensitive pallet you see."  He says mischievously squinting his eyes.

"Why you little .  I'm a good cook!"

"Well, I guess I could risk it," Yoongi said seriously before he giggled.

She pushed him playfully since his revenge on her playfulness in the past wasn't so bad.  Yoongi's face beamed as Jennie served him. When she looked at him, he eyed the food with distrust looking at it from different angles making Jennie exasperated. Jennie was looking at him like a hawk and finally exploded. "Just taste it!"

Finally putting it in his mouth he chewed cutely making ic expressions, to her delight, he rewarded her with oohs and ahhs.

"Why are you like this?"  She said nodding in exasperation.

"It's cause I'm so happy today!"

"Why?"

"Well, first of all, this delicious food and I'm a free man. I can't wait to ask my best girl to be mine!"

"Yoongi!"

"What?"

She got up and wrapped her arms around him kissing his cheeks repeatedly.

"This is the best day ever," she said gazing into his eyes.

"Let's go for a walk by the Han river. I want to spend the whole day with you."

"Sure, I'd love that."  She got up from the table rushing to her room.  "Let me go get ready." Jennie is so excited she wants to look perfect for him today.  She is finally his.

Yoongi smiled and waited patiently for his girl.

When she came back down the stairs she asked, "How do I look?"

"Wow, you're so pretty." Giving her a blissful smile he added, "After our walk lets go somewhere special."

"Anywhere I'm with you is special."

"Aww baby!" Yoongi said leaning in to kiss her lips, such praise from her set his heart afire.

They got to the river locking arms and strolled along the path.   Renting bicycles they rode around enjoying the day in the sun, the cool October breeze blowing through their hair.


After a while, they stopped to get some food and have a little picnic.  Jennie sat with Yoongi's head on her lap as she lovingly his soft hair.  Yoongi was pensive and Jennie noticed his little pout.  

"What are you thinking about?"

"I don't want to ask you but to be honest I was wondering if you kissed Taehyung."

Jennie smiled at his worried little face.  "Oh Yoongi, don't worry.  I didn't kiss him but ..."

Yoongi's droopy eyes shot open.  "But what?"

"I did hug him and it didn't feel the same as it did with you."

"How did it feel with me?"

Yoongi sat up to face her.  "It felt like I never wanted to leave your arms."

He stared into her eyes with such sincerity.  "Me too Jennie.  I knew the moment I touched you that it was different.  I never felt that way with Seulgi.  Not once!  Our love is real!"


"I liked you from the moment I met you."  She confessed.

"Yeah, you thought I was y."

"No, you're cute, Taehyung is y."

"WHAT! I'm going to punish you, Jennie!"

Jennie ran from him laughing. "You'll have to catch me first."

Jennie ran in circles around a tree while Yoongi chased her.  The thrill of getting caught making her senses tingle and her heart pound.  Yoongi stopped and turned around making her run into his arms.  They spun in a circle and Yoongi spanked her playfully taking his revenge.   Basking in the warmth of the afternoon sunlight their lips met attracted by the invisible magnet of love.  They stayed past the sunset enjoying each other's company.

"Tomorrow our classes start.  I told Hwan that you weren't coming in the morning so he wouldn't be so disappointed."

"Poor little guy. Do you think we can pass by your house so I can see him?"

"Sure, he'd love that."

"Watching all those children playing today made me think of him."

"Let's go then."

"Ennie!"  Hwan squeeled hugging Jennie around her knees.

"I came to see you especially."

"Yay!" His eyes shown with happiness as he pulled her to his room to play.

Jennie sat on the floor with Yoongi next to her giving her hand a little squeeze.  

"I'm going to school tomorrow," Hwan informed her. "Mommy bought me a new pak-pak."

"You're a big boy now."

"Yes, I want to be big so I can marry you!"

"Hwan she's my girl, you can't have her!"

Hwan pouted grabbing Yoongi's cheeks in his little hands.  He got really close to his ear and said, "It's okay, Woongi, I'll share."