Reverie

The Brother

I woke up to a light tapping on my shoulder.  I looked around and saw I was still sitting in front of the TV with Yoongi asleep at my side and Hwan with his head in my lap the end credits of the movie rolling. They looked like perfect angels bringing a smile to my face as a watched them.  The afternoon sun was peaking through the windows, the light rain having finally stopped. I was brought out of me reverie by the sound of someone clearing their throat.  It was Yoongi's mom, my boss, and she had caught me asleep at my job!

"Oh! I didn't notice you there."  I said quickly.

She whispered smiling at me to reassure me nothing was wrong.  "Come."

I put Hwan down on Yoongi's lap and followed her quietly out of the room.

"I'm sorry I fell asleep."  I said apologetically.

"Don't worry about that.  I think you are doing a great job.  My little one is very happy and behaving and Yoongi seems less stressed out."

"Thank you!"

"It's just I've noticed how much time you are spending with Yoongi and I don't think it's a good idea.  My son's girlfriend has complained to me that Yoongi is ignoring her."

"Yoongi is just spending time with Hwan not me.  What would you like me to do?"  I would agree to anything.  I really didn't want to loose this job where I felt so happy.

"I think you should make it clear to him that you are not interested in him so he doesn't get confused.  It's nothing you've done wrong Jennie.  It's just you are a very pretty girl and it's inevitable for his girlfriend to get jealous."

"Okay I understand and I can assure you that there is nothing but friendship between us."  I lied.  Deep down I knew I was falling for him and I had to stop myself.  I was determined to make that true though and to continue to persue the gorgeous Taehyung instead.

I went back upstairs and found little Hwan playing with the remote still sitting on Yoongi's lap.  "Ooooongi!" Little Hwan squeeled.

Yoongi woke up to Hwan kneeing his privates as he shook his cheeks. 

"Owch!"

"Woongi lshkweme time!"

"All right!  Sorry I fell asleep guys."

"We all fell asleep."  I told him not mentioning my conversation with his mom.

"Hwan, I think it's too late to get ice cream but we could go to the swings at the park for a little while."  Looking over at Yoongi I said, "I know you have plans so I can take him on my own if you want."

"Oh."  He said sounding disappointed.

I quickly put Hwan's jacket on and slipped into mine, leaving Yoongi before he had a chance to think too much.  As I went out the door, I felt like I was holding my breath.  Why was I feeling like this?  It's like I was mourning the loss of a long-time relationship. Silently the tears ran down my face as I slowly walked with Hwan at my side.  The little playground came into view.  We walked up to the swings and I lifted him onto the swing.  His little face was radient.  He giggled as I pushed him making me feel a little better.  We had only been there a few minutes when Hwan yelled, "Woongi!"  Kicking his little legs in happiness.

"Jennie, why did you leave without me?"  I could hear the hurt in his voice as he ran up to us.

"I thought you were busy."

"I didn't say I wasn't coming.  It made me sad that you left me behind."

The minute the words left his lips I started to cry. "I'm sorry."

"Please don't cry.  It makes me happy to be with you guys.  I really enjoy our little outings and I look forward to them every day."

"I do too Yoongi. I don't know why I'm so emotional today."

Yoongi stared into my eyes trying to figure me out. I could tell he had a hundred questions on his mind. He must think I'm such a weirdo.

"I don't like seeing you sad.  Did something  happen with Taehyung?" 

I thought about it but I realized I hadn't even checked my phone to see if he had tried to contact me.  I really liked Taehyung and if anyone might cure me of this crush it would be him.