Churros and Cotton Candy

The Brother

The day came for our trip to the amusement park. It was a nice cool morning and the warm sunshine felt good on our faces.  Tae had asked Yoongi and Seulgi to come and luckily they had agreed. I really wanted to be there with Yoongi. I wanted to hold his hand in mine and see the light shining in his pretty eyes full of love for me. The reality was much different. It was Taehyung that held my hand as we walked in past the gates.    Even though he had been friend-zoned, Tae was acting otherwise taking pictures and being flirty.

But even so, the was there.  I couldn't help smiling to myself every time I found Seulgi and Tae gazing at each other then shyly looking away.  This had to work.  I couldn't bear the thought of my love having to marry her even if he didn't love her.  

Tae kept flirting with me, making me uncomfortable and Yoongi angrier by the second.  Was he trying to make her jealous?  We rode some of the rides together chatting in line while we waited our turn.  I could tell Yoongi was getting angsty.  I wanted to talk to him alone to reassure him it was Taehyung acting nervous around Seulgi but there wasn't a chance.  He wasn't really aware of how much Tae really loved her and even if she liked him back, she wasn't going to admit it in front of all of us.  

I finally saw my chance when we were about to get on the Ferris wheel, Seulgi got on followed by Tae.  When it was my turn to get on I said, "you guys go, I really need to use the bathroom."  I took off through the crowd not waiting for them to reply.  Yoongi yelled after me, "Jennie wait," but I kept going willing him to follow me and he did.  Soon he caught up to me grabbing me by the arm.

"What are you playing at?"  He seemed angry at me.

I smiled up at his angry little face and bopped his nose.  "Paving the way for us to be together."

"Oh, you don't need to use the bathroom?"

"No, but I'm glad you followed me."  I hugged him tight and he hugged me back laughing.

"Does Tae know what you're doing?"

"Yes, I hope he doesn't mess up this chance. He loves her, Yoongi, not me don't be so jealous."


"I have an idea," he says conspiratorially. "Let's pretend we can't find them!"

Jennie giggled as he grabbed her hand and pulled her through the throng of people.

It wasn't hard getting lost here.  We looked up at the ride trying to see if they were still on it but it was dark and all we could see were silhouettes of couples.  We sent a text to them but neither of them answered.  It seemed like they didn't want to be found either.  

It was getting late and Yoongi and I had had our fill of churros and cotton candy.  The sugar high finally dying down.  We found Tae and Seulgi holding hands, both of them holding plushies in their other hand.  I wanted to take a picture of them, they looked so cute.  Yoongi smiled seeing Seulgi's happy face.  She shyly let go of Tae's hand.