I Want More

The Brother

Jennie felt better, Taehyung was a balm to her emotional heart.  By the time he left, she felt like her old self again, excited about the upcoming party.  She wanted to call her friends and tell them and go shopping for an outfit with them.  She stood in the doorway as Tae got closer for a brief hug.  It was nice but he didn't bring out the same feelings of longing that Yoongi did.  It was well into autumn and starting to get chilly at night.  Tae put on his leather gloves and wrapped a scarf around his neck getting ready to hop on his motorcycle.  She waved bye to him but remained outside caught up in her thoughts admiring the brief but amazing moments before the sun finally set for the night.  Unknown to her another person was watching every nuance of her movements and was stunned by her beauty at that moment.  It hit him hard how much he really liked Jennie.  He also knew his mother would not approve of her, seeing Jennie as "the help."

Yoongi wanted to talk to her.  He was sure his mother must have said something to her to make her act that way.  She was too emotional and crestfallen when she walked back into his room to get Hwan. Every time he wanted to tell her how he felt, he remembered that she considered him just a friend.  She made it clear to him that she liked Taehyung so finding him at her house just now was not surprising but it still shook him.  He had hoped Jennie liked him as much as he was starting to like her. He loved spending time with Jennie because he felt he could be himself with her. Once again, he stopped himself short of talking to her. Unable to move from that spot, he stared at her house wondering which window was her's.  As he looked up, he noticed a string of twinkle-lights turning on in one of the windows.  Then he saw her face lit by the soft light looking out.  From that vantage point, she could clearly see him.  He decided not to hide himself and instead looked into her eyes. She stared back at him and he thought, I want more.  

They stayed like that for a while, transfixed at the moment.  She finally turned away from the window.  She hurried down the stairs to catch him before he could leave.  The anticipation making her heart race more than the speed of her decent.  She quickly opened the door and was relieved to see his platinum hair shining under the stars the sparkled above.

"Yoongi, why did you come?"

"I wanted to see you.... you seemed upset.  Are you okay?"

She smiled at his worried countenance. "I'm alright thank you.  You're such a good friend."  She stepped closer closing the distance between them.  For a moment he thought she was going to kiss him. She laced her arm with his and pulled him towards the door inviting him to have dinner with her family.  He followed her up the steps and into the cozy living room and introduced him to her family.  Her family was friendly and inviting making him feel like the guest of honor.  When they were done he helped clear the table, and then they sat down for a visit.  

Jennie started, "I'm glad you came over, but why were you standing outside."

Yoongi looked down at his hands, "I saw Taehyung.  What did he want?"

"He invited me to his birthday party."

"Oh."  He seemed annoyed.

"Yoongi, I was going to tell you tomorrow but I'm glad you're here. I feel more comfortable telling you here. Your mom doesn't want us hanging out. She says your girlfriend is jealous but how would your girlfriend know?"

"I'm sorry Jennie, my mom is very controlling. She even wants to decide who I date or hang out with."

"Yoongi, ... Did she pick your girlfriend?"

"She introduced us. Suelgi is very sweet but I'm not in love with her." Yoongi revealed staring into her eyes slowly getting closer. Her full lips were so enticingly close he couldn't help himself. He kissed her and for a wondrous moment, the stars in the sky shined brighter.

"Yoongi, you warned me about Taehyung yet you're the one kissing me when you have a girlfriend."

"I'm sorry.  I want to be upfront with our relationship but I don't know if I can."

"Stay away from me then.  I don't want to be your friend with benefits and I don't want to lose my job because of you."  

"Fine." He answered.

"Fine." She said.


Take Shelter by Years and Years

I’ll wait until you have to go,
I’ll make it so you never ever know
How much I have messed it up!

We’re running ’round like we don’t care,
It’s gonna leave its marks somewhere,
Do you want to show me something new?

(You go now, reached my top anyway
You go now, reached my top anyway)

Just tell me what I have to do,
To keep myself apart from you
All your colors start to burn

I know I wanted far too much,
Then I thought that wouldn’t be enough
All this talk is closing you.

Take shelter,
Take the pressure,
Do what you want tonight, it’s alright,
If you want to get used,
You get used!

Take shelter,
Take the pressure,
Do what you want tonight, it’s alright,
If you want to get used,
Then get used!

I don’t really wanna stop myself
Nobody’s gonna tell me I need help,
Are you coming over soon?

I need you at the darkest time
You hold me, and I have to shut my eyes
I’m shy, cannot be what you like.

(You go down, reached my top anyway
You go down, reached my top anyway)

Just tell me what I have to do,
To keep myself apart from you
All your colors start to burn.

And take shelter,
Take the pressure,
Do what you want tonight, it’s alright,
If you want to get used,
Then get used!

Take shelter,
Take the pressure,
Do what you want tonight, it’s alright,
If you want to get used,
Then get used!