Will It

The Brother

The ride home was emotionally uncomfortable.  I was racking my brain on how to make him feel better and I thought about my amusement park scheme.  I truly believed in my heart the Seulgi still liked Tae.  I could see how she could be confused since he had never confessed how he felt to her.  Yoongi, on the other hand, had confessed and asked her to be his girlfriend.  She was swept away in the moment and now was stuck because of her parents that wanted them to unite their companies by uniting in marriage. If Tae just showed a little interest it might stir those feelings up and if their daughter refused to marry Yoongi, maybe they wouldn't force her.  After all, Tae was a prized catch from a wealthy family.

"Tae, I have an idea."

"What?"

"Why don't we go to an amusement park as you suggested? We could go with Yoongi and Seulgi and just hang out as friends."  He looked at her apprehensively.

"I don't know," he said.

"Don't worry.  We'll have fun and if she still has feelings for you, she won't be able to resist you as your charming self," Jenny said playfully.  In a more serious tone, she said, "I want you both to be happy.  You need someone who truly loves you, we all do.  Tell her how you feel Tae.  Everyone deserves to be loved for themselves."

"Seulgi doesn't like you, Jennie.  She won't go.  She knows you're trying to steal her boyfriend. It's not going to work.  She's going to stick to him like glue."

"She'll go if you ask. I don't need to steal her boyfriend.  I already have his heart." Tae looked at me in shock.  

"Why did you go out with me then if you love him?" 

"I liked him from the start but he didn't like me.  He was into Seulgi. To be honest, I wanted him to notice me but I actually liked you too.  I picked you cause I thought you were the cutest and would make him the most jealous.  I thought you gave me attention cause you were just trying to get back at him for taking Seulgi from you.  When you told me not to trust him, that you knew him better, I thought you were doing the same thing to me.  You like Seulgi and were just using me.  The more I was with you I realized you were a nice guy in love with a girl he can't have."

"He doesn't even make her happy!" Tae blurted.

"I knew it! You do love her." 

Tae shook his head. "No. She broke my heart and so did he."

"Be honest with yourself.  You're scared of being rejected."

"Maybe," he whispered. 

"They made a mistake but you and I are going to fix it."  Taehyung smiled at me like I was crazy.  "Go after your happiness Tae.  It's the only way to live."

"I'm glad we are finally being honest.  I hope we will always be friends."

"Me too," Jennie said.