I'm Fine

The Brother

I walked into my house and found Taehyung was inside talking to my mom.  He had a sweet smile on his face but when he saw me his face lit up.  I couldn't help but feel flattered.  He was so cute and in his black ripped jeans and button-up shirt he looked so hot.  

"Jennie! You didn't forget about our date, did you?"

"No Tae, Yoongi just dropped me off.  I'm sorry.  Seulgi was there."  I said to see if his expression changed.

"Oh."  He said, not giving anything away.

"I'm sorry I'm late."

"No, no. I'm the one that's early.  Don't worry.  You look beautiful, by the way," he said showing me his cute boxy grin.

"Thank you.  I'll go get ready."

"Okay, no problem."  I ran up the stairs to my room and quickly picked something out.  I glanced at my phone to see if Yoongi had messaged me but he hadn't.  I guess Seulgi is still there. I was so jealous.  Was she kissing him right now?  Then I realized I'm the one that was kissing her boyfriend not too long ago.  

When I came back Tae smiled at me and said, "Ready to go?"

Once we were alone in the car I asked him, "So how have you been."

"Good."  I kept looking at him waiting for more.  "Is there something you wanted to ask me?"

"I just wondered.  Does it bother you that Seulgi and Yoongi are together?"

"No."

"Yoongi said you two used to be close but not anymore because of her."

"Nah.  That's not true.  Yoongi just never has time to hang out with me anymore.  Be honest with me, you want them to break up cause you like him."

I wasn't expecting this.  The ball was in my court now and he knew it.  So I told him what he wanted to hear.  "Will you help me?"

Tae gripped the steering wheel hard. "I knew it!"

"What?"

"All the girls like him better.  He hit the wheel with his hand."

"Tae, that's not true."

He shook his head not believing me.  I felt bad for him and I reached out to hold his hand.

"You don't have to do that.  I'm fine."

"Tae don't lie to me.  I'm your friend. We don't have to see a movie if you don't want to.  We can just go somewhere and talk."

"Sure, I know just the place."  He stayed quiet as he drove and seemed to have calmed down.

After we parked, we walked down the street to a cozy cafe.  We took the stairs leading to the rooftop that was empty for the time being at least. "I wanted to show you this place.  It's where I come when I want to think."

"Nice! Is it special to you?"

"I guess you could say that."

"Then, I'm glad you brought me," I said smiling at him but when I looked in his eyes they were tearing up.  "Tae what's wrong."  I put my arms around him and I couldn't believe he was shaking.

"Tell me, please."

"I don't know why I keep getting my heart broken.  Why am I not good enough?"

"You are amazing.  Any girl would be happy to be loved by you." 

"It's happened all over again.  Yoongi takes the girl I like."

"Tae, I think Seulgi still likes you.  She just can't break up with Yoongi because of their families mutual business."

He dismissed my words. "No, have you seen how she looks at him."

"She looks at him like she's angry.  I've seen how she looks at you.  At your party, she didn't even sit with him until she saw me talking to him.  I think you should tell her how you feel."

Tae turned to look at me.  "It doesn't matter anymore," he said in a tiny whisper, "It's you I like."

I stared at him as tears rolled down his cheeks.  My heart went out to him.  His eyes shown with emotion as he leaned forward, his breath warm against my lips.  He pressed his soft lips against mine tenderly at first and then hungry for something.  I was stunned for a moment unable to move.  Reason came back to me and I softly pushed him away.  His eyes searched mine. 

"Jenny, do you think you can love me?"  He added hurriedly," not yet of course.

"Of course I could love you, but I'm already in love with someone."

The frown returned to his face.  

"Save me."