The Plan

The Brother

"Yoongi."  I started as he drove me home.

"Yeah."

"Remember the other day when we saw your friends at the ice cream shop?"

"Yes." Yoongi said.

"Why didn't we sit with them?"

"Why do you ask?" 

"It's just I really think your friend Taehyung is handsome and I want you to introduce me."

"What? No!"

"Why?  You owe me remember?"

"Not that. Ask me for something else."

"Why?  That's what I want.  I want you to get him to like me.  Tell him I'm awesome."

"No Jennie, you're too innocent."

"Nonsense! You can't say no.  We had a deal."

"Okay."  He said stepping on the gas an angry pout on his sweet lips betraying him. I knew he was angry and it brought a smile to my face.

When I got out of the car, he took off without even saying goodbye.  I hoped he was jealous and that my plan was working. I laughed at his cuteness.

The next few days, Yoongi avoided me except when it came time to take me home.  

"Yoongi if you don't want to take me, I can walk." I said a little downcast.

He looked at me his expression blank and cold.  "It's okay I can do it."

"Have you talked to your friend about me."

"No, I haven't."

"Why?" Her accusing voice made him sad.

"He's coming over today."

"Oh, then I want to stay."

"Jennie, I told him I take you home everyday and he asked me if he could take you home instead."

"Really, great!  Why didn't you tell me?"

"He has a motorcycle.  I don't think it's safe."

"It's okay with me. I live close."

"But... my mom will get mad at me if something happens to you because I didn't take you home."

"Oh, don't worry, she won't find out."

"Jennie, I know my friend.  Don't let yourself get hurt."

"You think he'll break my heart but he won't."

"Do what you want."

"Yes, you should go towards what you want.  If you want something Yoongi, go for it."

Yoongi looked at her with the mischievous glint in his beautiful eyes that she came to love.  He edge closer till he was only inches away making her heart beat out of control.  Her breath hitched as he looked seductively at her.  He was so good at making her flustered.  Jennie blushed up to her roots.  There was momentary awkwardness between them when Taehyung's booming voice broke the spell making them jump. 


"Yoongi hyung!  It's me Taetae." 

Yoongi rolled his eyes in annoyance.  "We're in here"

"Hi Jennie!"  Tae said sweetly. Yoongi hyung let's go out for some food.   I'm so hungry.  Jennie won't you join us?" 

"Sure, I'd like that." Yoongi glowered at me.  So I whispered to him.  "Are you jealous?"

He gave me a cold calculating look.

"Hyung call your girlfriend to join us."

"Yes, Yoongi, I want to meet her." I said searching his eyes coyly.

 I hopped on the motorcycle with Tae wrapping my arms around his waist while Yoongi followed us in his sports car.  It was exhilarating to be with Tae.  He was the kind of person that made even the most mundane things fun and his sweet smile captivated me.  If Yoongi wasn't careful, I might just fall for this guy.