Not Yet

The Brother

Nothing in this world could hurt more than being rejected by the one you love.  This was Taehyung's fear and the reason he couldn't bring himself to confess to Seulgi.  Those perfect moments at the amusement park, looking into her beautiful eyes that shown like stars, how she held his hand when the ride jolted suddenly brought a blooming a smile to his face.  The most beautiful creature he had ever seen was just inches away from him.  He was nervous and ecstatic.  When they got off the ride, Tae gave her his hand and she didn't let go after that.  He looked around for Yoongi and Jennie but couldn't find their faces in the crowd.  He smiled to himself thinking this was Jennie's doing.  Even so, he asked Seulgi, "Should we call them."

Her answer delighted him cause it meant she wanted to be with him. "No, not yet."

That was like a green light for Tae whose face lit up when he saw the couples coming down a big yellow slide sitting on a blanket.  He looked into her eyes and she nodded yes immediately having noticed the fun ride he was gawking at.  They ran like children to make the line.  It was a build-up of excitement and then an exhilarating rush going down the slide with his arms around his favorite girl.  If it was up to him, he would do it again and again.  They giggled like small children and continued their fun, ride after ride only stopping to play some fair games that Tae insisted he would get the grand prize, a large stuffed koala bear.  He didn't quite get the biggest prize but he got two decent sized plushies for her instead.  The rest of the night was filled with a little bit of laughter, soft smiles, and stolen glances.

That night he couldn't sleep, thinking of her beautiful face and her warm hand in his.  He thought of kissing her lovely lips over and over again.  He finally drifted off to heavenly dreams only to be awoken by Yoongi's call.  Tae wondered why his friend would be calling so early on a Sunday morning.  Glancing at the clock, he saw it was 11 am already it just felt early because of the little sleep he got last night.  His bed felt so good, he was reluctant to move.  He just wanted to stay in bed all day dreaming of Seulgi's sweet smiles.  But maybe his friend needed him or had news of her.  He thought better than to ignore the call finally fumbling with the phone to answer it.

"Goodmorning! Hyung," Tae said answering the call with his usual exuberant voice.

"Hi Tae, you sound happy, like a fellow that has confessed his love,"  Yoongi said sarcastically.

"Well, no, not exactly, but I want to," Tae said sporting his boxy grin.

"You do?"

"Yes!"

"Well then come to her house, I'm here."

"Why are you there?"

"She's my girlfriend Tae.  I have to break up with her before she can go out with you on another date."

Tae nearly fell off his bed. "Is she listening to you now?"

"Yes, unless she is hard of hearing."

"Ahhhhh!"  Tae screamed into Yoongi's ear but in all truth he deserved it.

Seulgi giggled hearing his loud cry and seeing Yoongi's annoyed face.

"I'm going, don't say anything embarrassing please Yoongi!"

Tae ran to the bathroom to get ready nearly having a heart attack from the excitement and worry.

Yoongi, on the other hand, looked like the cat that swallowed the canary, a smug smile playing on his face.