Birthday Wish

The Brother

The room darkened and the music changed to happy birthday wishes for Taehyung.  In the back of the room a screen came down that showed a video of Taehyung starting from the first day of his life.  There was a combined "Aww" from the crowd as they watch cute pictures of Taehyung and his family.  I was surprised when I saw so many pictures of Taehyung with Yoongi.  They must have been close since they were little.  My heart melted at Yoongi's adorable gummy smile as he was being pulled on a wagon by Taehyung.  Tae had the same cute boxy smile as a child just smaller.  The video ended with Tae's parents handing him the keys to a car and Tae acting unnecessarily extra surprised.  It was really sweet and made everyone laugh and clap as he hugged his parents.  A huge cake was brought out and the whole room sang wishing him a happy birthday.  Everyone yelled, "make a wish" as Tae closed his eyes holding his hands together under his chin.

Behind the cake, Tae was getting his picture taken with his family and he looked at me and motioned for me to come. The photographer took a picture of us as well.

As the picture was taken, I saw Yoongi's eyes on me. I wanted to go to him but Taehyung was holding me possessively.  I sat down next to Tae as they served us cake.  Tae's closest friends gathered around us except Yoongi that sat at the end of the table staring at us.  After awhile Yoongi got up and came to sit close to us, reminiscing with Taehyung about their childhood. 

"I hope you like the present I got you," he said to Tae.

"Thank you, I'm going to open them tomorrow to prolong my birthday fun."

"That's a nice car you got," Yoongi said with a mischevious glint in his eye.

"Thank you, It's what I wanted," Tae said happily.  "We should plan something fun together.  I know, let's go to an amusement park together."

Yoongi glanced at Jennie and nodded his head.

Tae said, "I want to ride all the roller coasters!"

 "Not me, I'm scared,"  Jennie said.

"I'll hold your hand like you do with Hwan when he goes down the slide," Yoongi said making Seulgi angry.  She gets up and leaves the table.  Jennie follows her into the bathroom. 

"Seulgi, he doesn't mean anything by it.  We are just friends or he wouldn't say those things in front of you."  Jennie explains.

"He likes making me jealous.  It turns him on.  I'm just pretending.  I'm not jealous of you."  She says looking her up and down with distaste on her pretty face.

Jennie thinks if she only knew how obvious she is she wouldn't say that.

"Where's Yoongi?"  Jennie asks Taehyung when she returns from the bathroom.  

"He left with Seulgi, why?"  Taehyung explains.  "They were making-out ... I guess they wanted some alone time." 

"Oh," Jennie says crestfallen.  

"Tae, I want to go home please, it's getting late and my parents will worry.  I can take a cab."

"No, I'll take you.  You're my date."

"I don't want to take you away from your party."

"It's okay.  I'd rather be with you.  Come, I want to show you my new car!"

Tae's car was exactly like Yoongi's car but it was silver instead of black. No wonder Yoongi made that remark. Once in the car, Jennie kept biting her lip trying not to cry.  How can this be?  We were having fun.  Why would he leave me without even saying goodbye?  She stole a glance at Taehyung.  He didn't look very happy either.  

"Wow, that was the biggest birthday party I've ever been to.  You have so many friends," she said.  "I hope you really enjoyed it."

"I did, but did you enjoy it?  You don't look very happy now," He said.

"I had a wonderful time thanks for inviting me."

Tae stopped the car in front of her house.  "Jennie, I really like you that's why of all the girls I know I asked you to be my date tonight.  Please tell me why you are upset.  Did something happen?"

"No nothing."  Jennie lied as she got out of the car.

Taehyung tried to kiss her goodbye but she evaded him.  "Jennie, are you upset because he left?"

Jennie paused but didn't answer.

"He's not a good person Jennie.  We've been friends a long time. I know him better than you.  He has a cold and calculating heart."

It made her angry that he was bad-mouthing Yoongi.  "People change."

"Not that much.  He knew I liked Seulgi but he went out with her anyway even though he didn't like her.  Now, he's doing the same with you. I told him I like you so he started being nice to you to win you over.  Don't fall for his games."

Jennie walked away without answering.  She had no way of knowing if this was true but her heart told her otherwise.   She unlocked her door and went in.  Seeing the light on in the kitchen she called out to her mom. "I'm home, mom." She trudged up the stairs as her big eyes filled with tears.  Her shoulders shook as big droplets ran down her cheeks.  Scrubbing her face clean, she looked at her red eyes in the mirror. She quickly changed her clothes and climbed into bed with her phone and that's when she saw the messages from Yoongi.

"Jennie, where did you go? I have to take Seulgi home cause she got sick.  She got angry with me and drank too much. Please answer me."

Jennie didn't know what to do.  By now, he probably went home cause she didn't answer.  Anyway, he is still with her.  Jennie promised herself she would stay away from him no matter how hard that would be.