Chapter 30

The Turning

Jimin, Jin, Raven and Yoongi ran after Taehyung who was leading them towards the Misericordiae Vita. Nerves filled everyones stomach as they were not sure what they were going to find. Was Namjoon still alive or had the sacrifice taken place. The full moon was high in the sky, Yoongi shivered at the atmosphere. It was identical to the night he was bitten, the night he was meant to die. 

"Do you see Joonie?" Jin asked once they were reunited with Hoseok, Lexi and Jungkook. 

"No, my guess is the killer is keeping him trapped inside the temple to prevent him from changing his mind and escaping" Lexi said, her eyes were still trained on the temple in front of them. 

"Our first pority is to locate that idiot druid and to get him out of there, this might draw the killer out and we can then deal with them" Lexi said. 

"What! We are not using Joon as bait" Yoongi protested. 

"Well, do you have a better idea?" Lexi asked looking over at the bitten werewolf. 

"No" Yoongi reluctantly said, his eyes were trained on the floor. Raven squeezed his arm in reassurement before she focused on what Lexi was saying. 

"Right, find Namjoon and get him out of here. The temple is quite small so it shouldn't be that hard to find him. If my instincts are correct then the killer is probably prepared him for the sacrifice which would happen in the centre of the room" Lexi explained. 

"How many and who should go in?" Jimin asked. 

"Jungkook, Taehyung, Raven and I shall go in, Jimin, Jin, Hoseok and Yoongi I want you to guard out here just incase the killer comes here if he isn't inside" Lexi said. 

"What is that smell?" Jungkook complained as the four of them entered the temple.

"It's probably one of the ingredients for the sacrifice" Lexi informed him, "C'mon let's make our way to the centre"

They walked through the sandy coloured stone slabs that reflected an eerie feeling. "Stop" Tae said in a hushed tone, "The killer" he pointed forward through the gap in between the pillars they were standing against.

"He looks like he's getting ready for the ceremony" Lexi said, carefully peering round the corner.

"Then Namjoon must be close by" Raven said.

"Raven, Tae you two go around the left side and Jungkook and I will go around the right" Lexi whispered, "Nobody make a sound, we can't risk him hearing us"

They spilt off going in the opposite directions, hiding behind the pillars that circled the room. "Taehyung, look" Raven pointed to the killer's table, "I bet we'll need those keys to free Namjoon".

"We need a distraction, or something otherwise he'll hear us" Taehyung responded. Taehyung bit his lip before deciding he needed to let Jungkook and Lexi in on their possible plan. He waited until the killer was turned away from both sides and facing forward before he stuck out his head from behind the pillar and mouthed the word distraction to Lexi and Kook.

"What is he doing?" Jungkook asked Lexi as they watched Taehyung.

"I think he's saying distraction" Lexi said, watching as Taehyung pointed to where the keys were on the table before quickly stuffing his head back behind the pillar as the killer turned to face Tae and Raven's side. "Jungkook, they spotted the keys on the desk, we need a distraction" Lexi turned to face him.

"I got it" Jungkook said suddenly without warning Lexi he sped into the centre of the room, carefully stepping so his footsteps were silent and he picked up several of the stinky vials on the desk before darting back behind the pillar and shoving some of them into Lexi's hands for her to hold. "Distraction completed" Lexi said, looking impressed at Jungkook.

"Right Taehyung, we just need to get the keys" Raven said after they watched Jungkook's fast moves.

"As soon as he turns, I'll move" Taehyung said. They waited patiently as the killer stood in the same stop. He then huffed and turned round to face a book that was open on the table and gave him the instructions he needed.

Taehyung sped to the desk, carefully clutching the keys so they didn't make a sound, he gulped and plunged down behind the desk as the killer turned back around. 

"" Jungkook hissed watching the scene.

Raven peeked her head out slightly so Taehyung could see her, they locked eyes briefly and as soon as the killer turned round to where the vials used to be, facing Jungkook and Lexi's side, Raven waved her hand and Taehyung got up quickly, dashing back to the pillar.

"Right, let's go" Raven said, Taehyung followed her as they went down a set of stairs that were on their side. Jungkook and Lexi continued to watch the killer.

"What.... where the has that gone" he spoke, his hands quickly moving through everything on his desk. He let out a frustrated sigh and turned back around checking that side.

"I hope Raven and Taehyung get back soon or we're gonna have another problem" Jungkook said looking to Lexi.

"Namjoon..?" Taehyung called out cautiously not wanting to be too loud, "Namjoon?" he said again, using his hand to brush away the cobwebs that were sticking to his clothes. Taehyung and Raven slowly walked down the cobweb filled tunnel to make sure that there weren't any traps which the killer had set to ensure Namjoon couldn't escaped or one of his friends could rescue him. 

"Namjoon" Raven shouted this time. 

"Raven? Taehyung?" A voice said from the end of the tunnel. Taehyung turned to face Raven.

"What was that?" Taehyung asked Raven. 

"Um... I think this temple is sinking, we better move" Raven replied. The pair darted down the corridor before they came to a cell at the end of the tunnel. Raven lifted her foot and kicked the wooden door down. Namjoon was lying on the ground his hands and feet were bind by ropes keeping him from escaping.

"What are you doing here?" Namjoon asked. 

"Saving you" Raven said as she cut the ropes which was binding Namjoon to the floor.

"But..." Namjoon started but Taehyung pulled the druid up then pushed him out the door. 

"Move this temple is sinking" Taehyung said as the trio hurried back down the tunnel they came, with each step, Taehyung, Namjoon and Raven could feel the tunnel sinking even more. 


"Jungkook" Lexi whispered before she darted to hide behind another pillar with the alpha werewolf not far behind her, the killer was still looking for the vial which Jungkook grabbed - it was wolfsbane, yellow wolfsbane the most rare type and the main ingredient in this sacrifice.

"What?" Jungkook asked his eyes were still trained on the killer who was searching the cupboard that was next to the pillar which Jungkook and Lexi were originally hiding behind. 

"The temple is sinking even more, this is a sacred monument, it cannot hold us running around much longer, can you smell where Namjoon, Taehyung and Raven are?" Lexi asked. 

"Namjoon's scent is getting stronger so I think Taehyung and Raven must have found him" Jungkook answered. 

"Give that wolfsbane to me" the killer said once he spotted the vial in the alpha werewolf hand. Jungkook pushed Lexi behind him as they backed further away of the killer who was now approaching them with his  blood stained knife. The killer lunged forward, the tip of his knife sliced across Lexi's throat. Jungkook moved as Taehyung, Raven and Namjoon ran out the tunnel and nearly crashed straight into Jungkook and Lexi. 

"You guys get out of here, I'll distract him" Taehyung said before calling forth his hellhound powers and shifted. Jungkook wrapped his arm around Lexi's shoulders, Lexi's hands were applying pressure to to stop the bleeding, Jungkook guided her towards the door with Namjoon and Raven following behind. 

"J-Jungkook" Lexi gasped out. 

"Don't talk" Jungkook said as he opened the door, Jimin's eyes widened at the sight of Lexi. Yoongi stormed over to Namjoon and punched him in the arm. 

"Where's Taehyung?" Hoseok asked. 

"He's still inside fighting the killer" Raven replied. 

"J-Jin" Lexi said.

"What?" Jin asked walking over to Lexi even thought he wanted to be near Namjoon to make sure the younger boy was alright. 

"T-Temple s-sinking, s-scream" Was all Lexi could make out but before anyone could question what Lexi meant, the door flung open as Taehyung was thrown out the temple, the killer followed. 

"N-Now" Lexi said, her eyes were trained on the temple, it was sinking quicker. Jin nodded and quickly got in front of Namjoon who the killer's eyes had instantly locked on. 

"We might not have the ingredients properly prepared but your death will still heal the balance" the killer said.

"Stay away from my Namjoonie" Jin said before opening his mouth and screamed. Everyone covered there ears, the killer started taking a step back towards the temple. A smirk appeared on Lexi's face as she reached into her boot and drew her dagger, she quickly judged the distances to ensure that neither Namjoon or Jin got in the way before throwing the dagger at the killer. It hit him dead centre. 

"This won't stop me" The killer said pulling the dagger from his chest and dropping it to the ground. Jin took one more deep breath before screaming again. Another step backwards. The killer stood in the doorway of the temple. 

"N-no b-but t-this w-will" Lexi said, the killer gave a confused look at Lexi who simple gave him a goodbye wave and the temple suddenly dropped burying in deep within the ground. 

"I thought I had lost you" Jin said bursting into tears as he collapsed in Namjoon's arms. A smile appeared on Namjoon's face as he pulled Jin closer before pressing a passionate kiss on Jin's lips. 

"I'm still here baby" Namjoon replied when they pulled away from the kiss. 

"Good" Jin muttered before burying his head in Namjoon's neck. 

"What happened to your arm?" Namjoon questioned as he gently brushed a finger over the claw marks. 

"Yoongi accidently hurt me when he lost control due to the full moon but I'm okay, I'm better know that I know that you are alright, you stupid idiot, you shouldn't have done that losing your life is not worth to just restore the balance you are too important to me to just lose" Jin answered. 

"I'm sorry baby, I'd just wanted to protect you" Namjoon said. 

"I know".

"Jinnie" Namjoon said. 

"Yeah?" Jin replied looking up at the younger boy's face. 

"I love you Jinnie, I love you so much and if these last few days haven't taught me anything is that I no longer want to be without you. I want you take you on dates and spoil you with what you deserve. Will you be my boyfriend Jinnie?" Namjoon said. 

"I would love to be your boyfriend Joonie" Jin replied before kissing Namjoon once more.

"Finally" The others shouted looking over at the new couple. 

"Yeah, I thought that Jungkook and Jimin would be married before you guys confessed your feelings for each other" Lexi stated. 

"Oh come on we weren't that bad" Namjoon said when he pulled out of the kiss.

"Yes you were" Yoongi said. 

"Group Hug" Hobi suddenly shouted before he, Jimin and Taehyung pulled Raven, Yoongi, Jungkook, Jin, Namjoon and Lexi into a massive hug. They were all laughing at Yoongi's grumbling that it went amiss, something bigger was coming. 

"7"

To Be Continued In The Pack!!


 

First Chapter Preview of The Pack 

Yoongi pushed his best friend against the nearest tree.

"What the hell were you thinking about attempting to sacrifice yourself, you should have not considered this option, your life is too valuable to just throw away, if you do anything like this again, I will kill you myself then bring you back then kill you again" Yoongi said hitting Namjoon's chest repeatedly.

"I'm sorry Yoongi, I really am but please stop hitting me, it hurts" Namjoon said whilst attempting to grab the boy's arms.

"Lexi, my death, would it have restored the balance?" Namjoon asked looking over at the banshee.

"Yes"