Day 1

The Bet

Taekwoon walk toward the college alone. As promise, he'll not use his car. He also left all of his card at home. But, of course he has enough money to live in his wallet. "Can I stay at your house for a while Hebin?" Ask Taekwoon as he look at his girlfriend. "Of course you can. But, why?" Ask the girl still playing with Taekwoon's shirt.

"Well, the thing is... my parents take back my house and car. They also stop giving me money. So, because of that I need your help. I have nothing and I don't know until when they will give me money back," lie Taekwoon as he look away to hide his fake trouble face. But that girl does not respond anything and just looking at him shockly.

"What's wrong?" Ask Taekwoon when he realise his girlfriend's face. Hebin fastly smile as she shake her head. "No... nothing. Of course you can stay at my house," said Hebin that make Taekwoon sigh in relief. He actually can rent a room. Its not that expensive and he still can pay it. But, why should he do that when he can stay it his girlfriend's house for free. 

"Okay. I need to leave now. I have another class to go. I'll go to your house after class. Bye," Taekwoon give a peck on Hebin's cheek before he stand up and leave. 
Hebin look at the boy silently before she sigh heavily. She take out her phone and call for someone. "Lets meet at usual place," said the girl.

 


"Seriously?" Hyuni can't believe what he just heard. 

"I'm serious. You think I will lie about something like this," reply Hebin as she cross her arms angrily.

"Its mean he can't give money to us anymore. He already become a poor boy. He's useless. I suggest you to leave him," said Hyuni that make Hebin look at her shockly. She look down as she think. "Don't tell me you like him already," Hyuni realise the hesitate on Hebin's face.

"What? No, of course not. You know I seduce him because of his money. Not because I like him like he always think. I'll take your suggestion and I will leave him immediately," said Hebin as she smirk.

"Good. You can change your target and I will help you to choose your new boyfriend," said Hyuni as she take her phone and start finding new target for her friend.

 

 

Taekwoon sit alone at the park as he remember back what his girlfriend, no his exgirlfriend said just now. "I'm sorry Taekwoon. I can't continue this anymore," said Hebin. Taekwoon as promise went to her house with his luggage. Before he can enter the house, Hebin end their relationship. They have been together almost a year. How can she do this to him. "Why?" That just what can he say. He feel too shock. He might not love this girl but still he want to know the reason.

"Just because I can't. I'm sorry. Please leave," Hebin close the door and leave Taekwoon alone outside the house. That how he ended up alone. He look so pity right now. With dry tears on his face and big luggage beside him. People assume he's being kick out from his house. Well, technically yes. 

He just sit there thinking how it ended like this. He still does not end one day. It can't be count as one day. Is he really can't live without his parent's money? If he give up now, he will become laughing stock. How can he do that? He does not even realise it already dark. When he look around, he can't see anyone there anymore. He sigh before he stand up and drag his luggage to nowhere. 

You must be thinking why he does not stay at his friend's house. Of course he will do that if he can. He called for his friends too, but all of them can't help. Can you believe that? They give him different excuse, but he know they just lying.

He sit outside a cafe as he feel tired and also hungry. He forget to eat because the reality hit him shockly. In one day, his girlfriend dump him and his friends do not want to help him. Just because he does not rich anymore. Just because he told them his parents do not want to give him any money anymore. Now he can see how his friends are.

As he still immerse in his thinking, he does not even realise the light in the cafe already turn off and a boy walk out from it. He lock the cafe's door before he realise Taekwoon's presence there. He look at the big luggage beside Taekwoon and trouble face show by him.

"Hey, are you okay?" Ask that boy as he look at Taekwoon worriedly. The voice make Taekwoon look up. He can see a boy standing in front him. Maybe in his age. Taekwoon does not reply and just continue look down to hide his sad face. "Do you have anywhere to sleep?" Ask that boy as he sit beside Taekwoon.

Taekwoon just shake his head still not looking at that stranger. "If that so, how about if you stay with me," offer that boy that make Taekwoon look at him.

 

 

"Welcome to my house. Its not too big but I hope you'll be okay to stay here," said Hakyeon as he lead Taekwoon into his house.  Taekwoon look around the house. Yes, its not as big as his house. But for him it quite nice. As what Hakyeon told him, the house only consist of one room, a toilet, living room and kitchen. 

"Its nice," said Taekwoon honestly. He can see a family photo on the table that make he bend down to look at the picture. "They are my parents," said Hakyeon when he realise Taekwoon is looking at the photo.

"And I assume this little boy is you, right?" Said Taekwoon as he look at the small boy who sit on the man laps in the picture. "Yes, you're right," reply Hakyeon as he smile. Suddenly Taekwoon's stomach making some weird noise that make both of them look at each other before Hakyeon laugh and Taekwoon's face become red.

"How about if I show you the room. You can rest first or wash up. I'll cook something for you," Hakyeon lead him into a room. "This is my room and you can sleep here," said Hakyeon. Taekwoon tilt his head and look at Hakyeon. "How about you?" Ask Taekwoon.

"I'll sleep at the living room, on the couch," reply Hakyeon. Before Taekwoon can reply, Hakyeon continue, "I'll cook something for you. You can rest first. I call you when the food is ready." Hakyeon fastly leave the room. 

Taekwoon sit on the bed before he sigh heavily. He let his body fall on the bed as he groan. How can this happen? How he ended up in a stranger house? But, he feel glad this Hakyeon want to help him. He feel weird how can Hakyeon want to help a stranger like him. They do not know each other. And he can see this boy is not a rich people. Well, after this day, his opinion on people already change. Without he realise he fall in sleep. He feel too tired. Mentally and physically.

"Taekwoon, wake up," Hakyeon softly shake the sleeping boy's body. Taekwoon groan as he shift his body. 

"Taekwoon, wake up. The food is ready," said Hakyeon still shaking Taekwoon's body.  Taekwoon open his eyes slightly and sit up. Hakyeon just smile as he look at the cute face. He pull that boy up and lead him to the dining table. Taekwoon who still sleepy put his head on Hakyeon's shoulder and follow him lazily. Hakyeon carefully push him down to sit on the chair. Taekwoon who still closing his eyes just sit there with his head hanging low.

"Eat Taekwoonnie," said Hakyeon softly as he ruffle Taekwoon's hairs. The boy just nod his head and start eating. His eyes immediately opened widely when he taste how delicious the food is. He continue eating the food as he keep praising how delicious the food is.

"Thank you," reply Hakyeon as he look down to hide his shy face. He just sit there even when he does not eat anything. He just want to accompany that boy. "Why you don't eat with me?" Ask Taekwoon when he realise that thing. 

"I already ate at the cafe before," reply Hakyeon with a smile. Its the truth. He always eat the food left and unsold at the cafe. So that he does not need to cook.
Taekwoon finish eating his late supper and stand up. He pick the dirty plates and put it in the sink. He want to wash it but fastly stop by Hakyeon. "Let me do that," said Hakyeon as he push that boy softly.

"No, let me do that. I might be a spoiled brat before but I know how to appreciate people. You already cook for me. So, let me wash the dishes," decline Taekwoon as he push Hakyeon softly. Taekwoon does not wait for that boy to reply and just begin washing it. Hakyeon just smile as he nod his head.

Well, in their way here, Taekwoon told him what happen to him. From his parents stop giving him money to his exgirlfriend matter and lastly his friends. Hakyeon can't help but feel pity on him. Taekwoon feel glad he met Hakyeon tonight. If not, he must be dead in coldnes or hungry. He able to get a place to stay and also food to eat. Not to mention, able to sleep on a bed. He start to feel regret accepting the stupid bet. He really want to tell his bastard friends about the bet but he can't. But, because of that he able to know and see the real behavior of his best friends.

Taekwoon walk out from the kitchen when he finish washing the dishes when he found Hakyeon sleeping soundly at the living room. Why he sleep here? Then he remember why. Hakyeon give him his room while he sleep here. He really hate that. He kneel beside that boy and stare at the sleeping boy. This boy is a pity. When Hakyeon told him what happen to him in his life, it make he feel so glad on his life. Hakyeon before live with his uncle after his parents passed away. But, his aunt did not like it because she said he just a burden and keep abusing him when his uncle is not at home.

Because of that, after he finish the highschool, he move out from his uncle's house. And here he now. Alone and busy doing the part time. Taekwoon also just realise that they studying at same college. Why he never saw him before?

Taekwoon yawn as he stand up and walk toward the room. In few seconds later, he walk out with a blanket in his hand. He carefully put it on Hakyeon's body and careful correcting his posture. He does not want this boy hurt his neck tomorrow. He then once again yawn.

"Good night," mumble Taekwoon as he look at Hakyeon before he enter the room to sleep. Hoping tomorrow will be better.