Engagement

The Bet

Hakyeon walk in hands with his boyfriend nervously. He can feel his heart beating so fast and many things playing in his mind. He also worry if what that girl said is true. What should he do?

When they enter the party place, they can see Mr Jung is giving his speech on the small stage, in front of the guests. "Where is your mother?" Ask Hakyeon with his eyes wonder around the place. "I don't know. I can't see her too," reply Taekwoon as he also do the same as Hakyeon.

Suddenly they can heard Mr Jung calling for Taekwoon's name that make their attention turn to that man. That man is inviting hs son to be with him on the stage. "Just go," Hakyeon pat Taekwoon's arm softly with smile on his face. Taekwoon nod his head before he walk toward his dad. Suddenly feel nervous with the attention given to him.

"This is my son, Jung Taekwoon. He will finish his study soon and take over my company. I hope all of you can help my son and teach him what he need to know in business world," Mr Jung put his arm around Taekwoon's shoulder when that boy stand beside him.

Hakyeon smile widely as he look at his boyfriend proudly. He can see how nervous his boyfriend is that make he look cuter. And he know Taekwoon will be a good successful businesman. He trust him.

Suddenly he can feel someone stand beside him. "Aunty, you're here too?" Hakyeon look at the woman in shock. "Of course. I got invited too," that woman smile sweetly at the shock boy. She chucle before she pinch his cheek, "cute."

"So, I guess you and Taekwoon has been reconcile," continue the woman that make Hakyeon smile shyly.  "Yes, I am. Its look like I misunderstood on him. Hebin is lying to me," told Hakyeon with guilty. He still feel angry to himself for trusting that girl.

"Well, but because of that you become more matured. You already learn your lesson to not trust someone easily. I'm so proud of you, Hakyeon. You're such a nice clever person. You really suit to be with Taekwoon," praise the woman as she look at Taekwoon before she look at Hakyeon back.

"But, I'm feel quite worried. What if his mother does not like me?" Hakyeon told her his concern. That woman laugh before she hold his arm. "She will be so happy to know that her son found a beautiful boy like you," said the woman. But Hakyeon still feel insecure with himself.

"I'm just no one. I'm not from a wealthy respective family. I'm just a poor boy," sigh Hakyeon heavily as he look down.  "She does not care about that at all. What important for her is her son's happiness. Don't think too much," that woman pat his arm softly. Hakyeon look at her before he nod his head with a smile. Feel quite ease with the woman's words.

"I heard there's an important announcement that will be done tonight," inform the woman that make Hakyeon pay his attention to the father and son.

"Tonight, this party not only to celebrate my anniversary with my beautiful wife, but also as engagement party for my son," announce Mr Jung that earn hands louds clap from the crowd. Taekwoon look at his father in shock. He does not know anything about this at all. Haemi smile in happiness when she hear that. She sure her father can convince Mr Jung to agree on their engagement.

Hakyeon look at the men nervously before he look down to hide his face. The woman who realise his changes hold his cheek and make him look at her. "Don't jump in conclusion yet," said the woman with a smile before she look at the men back. Hakyeon also do the same as he try to calm his heartbeat.

"Let me introduce you, the one who will be part of Jung family. Please welcome, Cha Hakyeon to be on this small stage with me and my son," continue Mr Jung as he look at Hakyeon. That boy look at the man in shock before he start to feel nervous. Everyone is looking at him right now. "Lets go," the woman pat his arm before he lead them toward the stage together.

"You two are really look good together," praise that woman as she push Hakyeon closer Taekwoon. Both of them blush hardly before they look at each other and look down shyly. The woman then take out a small black box before she open it, revealing a pair of rings. 

"Hurry, put it to each other," said Mr Jung excitedly as he look at those two. Like he's the one who will be engage. Taekwoon take the ring and slip it over Hakyeon's finger.

"Perfect," said Taekwoon with a smile before he kiss Hakyeon's hand. Hakyeon smile shyly before he take the ring and slip it over Taekwoon's finger too. He also kiss Taekwoon's hand quickly because he feel shy. Slowly they look at each other before they give each other happy wide smile.

The guests clap their hands as they cheering for the new couple. Haemi look at them in rage. It should be her who get engage with Taekwoon. Not that boy. Why? How this can happen? Hebin who stand beside her also feel unsatisfied. She is the one who Taekwoon like first. It should be her on the stage. Not that poor boy.

The woman then stand at the middle of the boys before she hold their hands tightly. She look at them lovingly with soft smile on her face before she look at the guests. "Tonight, my son Jung Taekwoon and this lovely boy, Cha Hakyeon officially engage. After they finish their study, their marriage will be held and the date will be inform to all of you soon," announce that woman that make Hakyeon look at her in shock. That woman smile at him before she look at her son. 

"Mom, whats is this?" Whisper Taekwoon. "Its my present for you. Both of you," reply her.