Day 4

The Bet

"Why you wake up so early, Taekwoon?" Ask Hakyeon as he look at the boy who wearing his sweater. "I want to follow you," reply Taekwoon.

"What? No, you should sleep more. I don't want you to be sleepy at your class today," said Hakyeon. He give disapprove look at him. Taekwoon just ruffle Hakyeon's hair when he saw that face as he smile. "No need to worry. I don't have any class today. I'll sleep later," reply Taekwoon. "Lets go," Taekwoon pull Hakyeon's hand out from the house. 

Hakyeon ride the bicycle with Taekwoon sit behind him as he hold a boxes of milk. They talk and talk as they sent the milks around the neighbourhood. They change their role half of their journey with Taekwoon is the one who cycle and Hakyeon sit at behind. After they finish their work, they went to a hill together and watch for the sunrise. It such a good moment for both of them.

"Its fun," said Hakyeon in their way back to their home. "Yes it is. I hope we can do this everyday," reply Taekwoon as he look at Hakyeon that make the latter to smile.

"Oh yeah  I forgot to tell you. I got a job," inform Taekwoon. "What? Why? I already told you its okay. I can work for both of us," said Hakyeon as he pout. 

"I know. But I want to. I never work before. I can't let you work by yourself. I want to help you. I don't want to be a burden for you. By the way, I want to feel how it is to hold my own money," reply Taekwoon that make Hakyeon think before he nod his head. He need to respect Taekwoon's decision. 

"Where?" Ask Hakyeon short. "At the flower shop, not far from Sweet Cafe," reply Taekwoon.

"I'll come to give you a cup of coffee when I got chance," said Hakyeon as he grin. Its look like he already plan to do that. "Okay. I will wait for that," reply Taekwoon. Without they realise, they already arrive at their house.

"When will you start?" Ask Hakyeon as he open the door. "Today. My work start at 8.30 a.m. Just for today, Saturday and Sunday. At other days, I'll start after my class ended," reply Taekwoon.

Hakyeon just hum before he take the apron and start to cook their breakfast. Taekwoon take this chance to take a shower. After he finish, Hakyeon already finish his cooking. When Hakyeon saw that boy walk out from the room, he take off the apron and go to the room to fresh him up. Taekwoon take this chance to make coffee for both of them.

"What are you doing, Taekwoon?" Ask Hakyeon after he finish showering.

"Coffee?" Said Taekwoon as he bring two cups toward the dining table. Hakyeon sit on the chair and take a sip of the coffee.  "Its delicious. I think you're more suitable to work at the cafe," praise Hakyeon as he smile. Taekwoon look down to hide his blushing face as he mumbling thank you.

 

"Be careful," said Taekwoon when he sent Hakyeon out to go to college.  "Okay. You too. Fighting for your first day," said Hakyeon with wide smile on his face.

"I will," reply Taekwoon as he too. He wave his hand back after Hakyeon wave his hand to him before he disappear through the door.

Taekwoon continue to smile as he look at the close door. He can't help but feel shy on what just happen. He feel like he just send his husband out to work. He turn around to get ready for his work but stop his steps when he hear the sound of door opened.  "Hakyeon? Whats wrong?" Ask Taekwoon when he saw that boy standing in front of the opened door. He look like thinking on something. Taekwoon just stand there waiting for that boy to tell him or do something.

Hakyeon take a deep breath before he approach Taekwoon. He tip toe slightly and give a peck on Taekwoon's cheek. "I just want to give you a good luck kiss," said Hakyeon without looking at Taekwoon that make he miss the chance to see Taekwoon's blushing face. Hakyeon fastly dash out from the house as he put his hands on his cheeks. He can feel his cheeks burning up. He scold himself as he walk toward the college. He mumbling how stupid he is to do something embarassing like that.

While at the other side also feel hot on his cheeks. Taekwoon still standing at the same spot as his eyes grow wide. He can't believe what just happen. Hakyeon just kiss him. Taekwoon's hand touch his own cheek where he think Hakyeon's lips land off. He feel funny in his stomach. Feel like some tingly feeling. His heart also beating fast. Slowly his lips stretch wider as his eyes twinkle in happiness. He then skip toward the bedroom with his hand still on his cheek. He feel so so happy. He believe his day will be better. He will work harder for both of them.

 

Taekwoon start his first day nicely. He got assign under a boy at his age named Lee Hongbin that he learn later is Mrs Lee's son. Hongbin teach him how to wrap the flowers and also how to take care of them to make sure they still fresh. Taekwoon also need to learn on their names so that he will not get confuse when the customer asked him. Taekwoon does not do any other works yet. He just sit at the counter and read a book about flower. Through that, he learn more about flower. And he got interested on it seriously.

 

Hakyeon does not know how he ended up in this kind of situation. He's now on the floor with his books lying beside him. Hebin pour the beverage drink on Hakyeon's head. It start when Hakyeon accidently bump to that girl. He already apologize but of course its not enough. Mike push him down that make he end up on the floor. 

"Dirty poor people like you should know your place. How dare you touch me," mock Hebin as she smirk. Her friends just laugh when they saw Hakyeon already drench. Hebin then walk away from that boy as she feel satisfy with what she do. But, of course its not the end. This boy look good to be her new toy. She will make this boy's life in this college become more miserable. 

Hakyeon just sigh as he roll his eyes. He does not want to get any trouble. Thats why he does not fight back. When he pick up his books, he can feel someone kneel beside him. That boy help him to pick up the books.

"Thanks," said Hakyeon when they already stand up. "You're welcome," reply that boy with with cute nose. 

"What happen?" Ask another boy that Hakyeon assume that boy's friend.

"Hebin make him like this," reply that boy. "," said another one.

"No, its okay. Its my fault. I should pay attention to my surrounding," said Hakyeon as he give an assurance smile.

"No, its not. That girl always act like that. She really is a . You know what, she leave his boyfriend just because he can't get any money from his parents anymore. How absurd is that, right?" Said the boy that make Hakyeon tilt his head. Why he feel like he already heard that story. 

"Yah, don't spread gossip here," said his friend as he glare at the boy. "By the way, I'm Sanghyuk, Han Sanghyuk," continue that boy with smile.

"I'm Lee Jaehwan," the boy with cute nose introduce himself.

"I'm Hakyeon, Cha Hakyeon," Hakyeon introduce himself as he bow slightly. Suddenly he realise on something. "Oh my god, I'm late," said Hakyeon as he look at his watch. "Bye guys. Nice to know you two," said Hakyeon before he leave those boys alone.

 

Hakyeon sigh in relief when he arrive at the cafe at right time. "Hakyeon, Mr Song want to meet you" told Leemin, the manager.

"What? Why?" Ask Hakyeon as he give desperate look. Leemin just shrug his shoulders. Hakyeon roll his eyes before he take a deep breath.

He knock the door and enter the room when the owner allow him to enter. "Why you want to meet me, sir?" Ask Hakyeon when he already stand in front HanGyu who is sitting at his table.

"How your work? Is everything okay here?" Ask that man as he look at Hakyeon. That question make Hakyeon feel weird. "Emm my work is fine, sir. Everything is okay," reply Hakyeon.

"Good," reply HanGyu who keep looking at that boy. Hakyeon just stand there silently waiting for that man to talk more. But, that man just stare at him without saying anything. And that stare is so uncomfortable for Hakyeon.

His eyes scan Hakyeon's body. He his lips as his eyes still that boy's body. He actually like Hakyeon since the first time he meet him. He want to take this boy immediately but he doesn't have chance. He already has a wife and also another job. Thats why he can't stay at the cafe for long. He just come once per month to monitor this cafe. He keep trying to find Hakyeon's fault to make sure he got punish and left alone late at night. But, when he give Hakyeon extra job, he always not alone. Another worker, to be specific the manager always accompany him. He think that manager know his plan and thinking.

"Emm if you don't have anything to say, can I continue doing my work?" Said Hakyeon to break the silent. Hakyeon fastly walk out from the room when HanGyu nod his head. Without he know, that man keep staring at Hakyeon's bubble as he walk out from the room. He really want Hakyeon so badly. And he need to make plan now or he will never able to get that boy. He will leave tomorrow and he need to do it tonight. 

 

"Thank you. Please come again later," Taekwoon bow slightly at his first customer. "Nice work," praise Mrs Lee as she pat Taekwoon's back softly.

"Thank Mrs Lee," said Taekwoon as he look down to hide his blushing face. He never work before. So, having a praise like this make he feel proud. "But, I think its better if you smile while you serving the customer," suggest Hongbin. 

"I can't smile easily," reply Taekwoon that make Hongbin give judgeful look at him. "Why?" Ask Hongbin. "Because I can't. Its my personality," reply Taekwoon that make Hongbin sigh.

"Yeah, you can't change yourself easily like that. Don't worry. You no need to smile. Let this boy smile while you can just be yourself. I think I'll get more customer after this," support Mrs Lee with smile. Hongbin pout as he glare at his mother.

 

Taekwoon wait for Hakyeon patiently outside the cafe. The flower shop close a little bit earlier than the cafe. So, here he is, waiting for that boy to come out and go back home together. Suddenly he feel like someone tapping his shoulder that make he turn around.

"Are you waiting for Hakyeon?" Ask that boy. From his uniform, Taekwoon can see he work at the cafe too. "Yes, I am," reply Taekwoon as he nod his head.

"Sorry if you think I'm nuisance, but are you two have any special relationship?" Ask that boy that he learn his name is Leemin from the nametag at the uniform.

"We just housemate," reply Taekwoon honestly. He can see that boy look like want to tell him something. "Whats wrong?" Ask Taekwoon that make Leemin sigh.

"Emm nothing. You can wait for a few more minutes. I'll be the one who close this cafe tonight. So, don't worry," said Leemin before he turn around and leave him alone. Taekwoon just tilt his head before he shrug his shoulder.