Day 6

The Bet

Taekwoon wake up when he hear someone screaming and sobbing beside him. He rub his eyes before he look at his left and realise it come from Hakyeon. He can see that boy is sweating badly. Taekwoon know that boy is having nightmare. Taekwoon put his arm around Hakyeon and pull him closer. He hug that boy and keep patting Hakyeon's back. He continue doing that until Hakyeon stop sobbing and breathing calmly. He keep doing that until he also fall asleep. Thanks to him, Hakyeon able to sleep well that night.

 

Hakyeon open his eyes slowly. He blinks his eyes for few time before he turn around. His eyes become wide when he saw what time right now. He fastly stand up and run toward the kitchen. He can see Taekwoon in there, cooking something. "Taekwoon, why you don't wake me up? I'm already late to send the milk. Oh my god, my boss will fired me," nag Hakyeon as he ruffle his hairs harshly.

"Don't worry about that. I already sent the milks on behalf you," reply Taekwoon without looking at Hakyeon. "What? Really? But, why?" Hakyeon look at Taekwoon with wide eyes.

"Because you need to rest. Now go freshen up. Then we'll having our breakfast," said Taekwoon as he give a small smile at Hakyeon. That boy just nod his head before he walk into the room back. 

 

After the breakfast, they sit at the sofa side by side. "Thank you. Thank you for saving me. I'm very glad you are there last night. If not, I don't know what will happen to me. Thank you," Hakyeon look down and start to cry.Taekwoon fastly hug that boy. "Thank you. Thank you," mumble Hakyeon again and again against Taekwoon's shoulder.

"I will protect you, Hakyeon. No one can hurt you. No one can touch you. I'll do my best to protect you forever. Don't worry," whisper Taekwoon with his hand keep rubbing Hakyeon's back softly. Hakyeon pull away before he smile. He nod his head as he wipe his tears. Hakyeon then put his arm around Taekwoon's torso and pull him closer. He hug him tightly as he continue to cry. He can't throw the image that happen last night. That man has touch him. "I'm dirty," mumble Hakyeon that make Taekwoon push the boy softly before he cup Hakyeon's face and stare at him lovingly.

"You're not. He did not able to do anything to you. Stop thinking about it," said Taekwoon as he wipe the tears using his thumb. "You're not dirty. You're the most beautiful innocent person for me. So, don't cry," continue Taekwoon that make Hakyeon smile shyly. They smile at each other before they continue hugging.

 

"Thank you hyung," Hakyeon shake hand with the manager after he finish packing his things in the locker. "You're welcome. But, I'm sorry I can't help you. I thought you're safe last night. If I know he still here, I will not allow you to close this shop alone," said Leemin. He know his boss has set his eyes on Hakyeon. That why he never leave Hakyeon alone when that man is here.

"Its okay. Its not your fault," Hakyeon pat Leemin's arm with a smile. "So, where will you work after this?" Ask Leemin.

"I don't know. I'll try to find other works around here," reply Hakyeon as he look around. "How about if you work at my girlfriend's workplace? I heard they need more workers," suggest Leemin that make Hakyeon tilt his head.

"Never know you have a girlfriend?" Ask Hakyeon to tease the boy. "Well, we just start our serious relationship not long ago. So, about the offer. How?" Ask Leemin again. "Of course I want it," reply Hakyeon fast.

 

"Taekwoon," call Hakyeon when he enter the flowershop. "Hakyeon, how? Is everything okay?" Ask Taekwoon as he walk closer to the boy. Hakyeon nod his head with a smile. "Leemin hyung accompany me when I packing up my things. And Mr Song is not there. But, according to hyung, that man already not there this morning," told Hakyeon.

"You should report him, Hakyeon," said Hongbin suddenly. "I don't know," reply Hakyeon as he look down, feel hesitate. Taekwoon hold his hand when he hear hesitation in his voice. "No, its okay. Don't think about it. This night, let go out together," said Taekwoon that make Hakyeon's face change and look at him happily.

"Where?" Ask Hakyeon in cheer tone. "Secret. We'll go together after I finish my work for today," reply Taekwoon that make Hakyeon nod his head excitedly.

"You can go back home right now. And be careful," said Taekwoon before he give a peck on Hakyeon's forehead. "Okay," reply Hakyeon with wide smile on his blushing face. He walk out from the shop with his heart is pounding excitedly. He can't wait for tonight.

Taekwoon who saw how happy Hakyeon is also smile. He keep looking at the boy until he disappear from his sight. When he turn around, he can see Hongbin and the customers are looking at him. He just shrug his shoulders before he continue doing his work.

 

"Where Taekwoon want to bring me?" Ask Hakyeon to himself. He skip toward his house happily.

"I'm so hungry," Hakyeon can hear someone talking that make he stop his steps. He can see a woman standing not far from him and also from a tteokbokki stall. She looking at the food hungrily with cute pout.

"Hi Aunty. Do you want the tteokbokki?" Ask Hakyeon when he already stand beside the woman. "Oh, hello young man. Yes, I am. But I don't bring my purse right now," reply the woman with sad face.

"Let me buy it for you," reply Hakyeon before he walk toward the stall and buy the tteokbokki for both of them.

"Its so delicious. Its been long time I eat it," said the woman as she chewing the tteokbokki. Hakyeon just smile when he saw how cute that woman look with her chubby cheek. Both of them sit at the nearer park to eat the tteokbokki. "Thank you, boy. You such a nice person," said the woman as she look at Hakyeon with a smile.

"You're welcome. I'm happy to see you happy, aunty," reply Hakyeon with a smile. "You really a good generous boy. I'm glad you want to buy me this tteokbokki. Its hold so many memories for me," said the woman. 

"Cha Hakyeon, is such a coincedence for me to meet you here," said a girl that make Hakyeon look up. The woman too.

"Oh, Hebin ssi. What are you doing here?" Ask Hakyeon with a smile. A faking smile. 

"Well, I thought I want to take fresh air here. But its look like the air does not fresh anymore with your presence here," reply Hebin with a mock smile.  "I think your presence here that make the air become worst," reply the woman as she feel irritated with Hebin.

"Who the hell are you? I'm not even disturb you, old woman," said Hebin harshly that make Hakyeon and the woman glare at her.

"Please be more polite Hebin ssi. You're talking with someone older than you," said Hakyeon sternly.

"I don't care about her. Its you that I have problem with," reply Hebin as she look at Hakyeon. "Problem? I don't think I have do anything that make you angry with me," said Hakyeon. He does not has any mood to fight with anyone. 

"Yes, you have. You Taekwoon from me!" yell Hebin that make Hakyeon give judgeful look at her. "No, I'm not. You the one who break up with him when he told you that his parents do not want to give him money," Hakyeon remind her about that fact. 

"Wha... no, I'm not. At that time I'm not in right mind," said Hebin that make Hakyeon scoff.

"Yeah, I think you're not in right mind too right now. Because Taekwoon does not love you anymore. How can he still love you after you dump him just because he can't give you any money," said Hakyeon that make Hebin become angry. She slap the tteokbokki at Hakyeon's hand that make it fall on the ground.

"You don't think I'll let you happy with Taekwoon. He is mine. Remember that," said Hebin before she leave that place. Hakyeon sigh heavily before he look at the woman beside him.

"I'm sorry if what happen just now make you feel uncomfortable," said Hakyeon that make the woman shake her head.

"Its not your fault. By the way, what did she mean by you stole her boyfriend. Is it true?" Ask the woman curiously. Hakyeon take a deep breath before he tell the woman everything. Does not know why, but he feel like he can share this story with her. By the way, he does not know when will he meet her again after this. 

"So, you like this Taekwoon boy?" Ask the woman in teasing tone. "Emm yes I am. But I don't know if he like me too or not," reply Hakyeon as he look down.

"I'm sure he is. Who will not fall for someone kind like you. He will having great lose if he let you go," said the woman as she hold Hakyeon's hand.

"I hope so. Today he ask me out," told Hakyeon with wide happy smile. "A date?" said the woman that make Hakyeon blushing.

"Its not a date. He just want to bring me out," reply Hakyeon as he put his hands on his cheeks.

"It is a date. Hope you'll enjoy the date today," said the woman before her phone is ringing. Hakyeon just look at the woman talking with her phone. Maybe the caller ask her where is she right now.

"I need to go now. My husband is searching for me. He sound so panic just now. Like I'm not born in Korea," said the woman that make Hakyeon laugh. "It because he love you so much," reply Hakyeon that make the woman smile.

"I hope we can meet again later," said the woman as she hold Hakyeon's hand. "I hope so. I don't know why, but I feel so ease with you," reply Hakyeon before they hug. "Bye and good luck for your date," said the woman before she leave.

"Its not a date," reply Hakyeon half shouting. He watch the aunty slowly disappear from his sight. "Oh, I forget to ask her name," said Hakyeon when he realise about it.

"I should go back home right now and get ready for this night," Hakyeon talk to himself before he walk back to the house while singing happily.