Day 2

The Bet

Taekwoon open his eyes slightly when he hear the alarm. He groan as he turn around. He blink his eyes few times as he try to check the time. Its just 6 a.m. Its still too early. Before he can move to turn off the alarm, someone else do that first. Even with the dimmed light, Taekwoon can recognise that boy. He can see Hakyeon enter the bathroom before he come out few minutes later. He then open his cupboard and change his clothes. Taekwoon turn his head when Hakyeon start stripping. He glance few times and can't help but become captive with the body. When he realise what he's doing he fastly pull his blanket up, closing his face with his mind scolding himself for doing something inappropriate like that.

Few seconds later he can hear the footsteps out from the room. Taekwoon pull down the blanket and release a relief sigh. He can feel his heart beating loudly and fast. What is he thinking? He just got dumped yesterday and now he already found someone new. "Oh heart, why you reacting like this?" Taekwoon scold his heart childishly. Taekwoon does not realise when he fall asleep back. He just wake up when he can feel someone shaking his body and a sweet voice calling his name. 

"Taekwoon, wake up. You'll be late for your class," said Hakyeon still shaking Taekwoon body. That boy pull the blanket over his head as he curling under the blanket. Hakyeon shake his head as he smile before he pull the blanket away. But fastly he regret on that. Taekwoon is not wearing any shirt and just in his boxer. Hakyeon can feel his face become hot and red as he look away. While Taekwoon who still sleepy sit up as he mumbling how cold he feel right now. 

"Go wash up. I already prepare the breakfast," said Hakyeon still not looking at Taekwoon. He just leaving the room not even wait for Taekwoon's reply. Taekwoon ruffle his hairs as he stand up and take his towel before enter the bathroom. Then he realise his condition right now. He groan once again when he think about it. But, he think it fair. He saw Hakyeon's and that boy also saw his. 

Hakyeon can't help but feel shy on what happen. He slap his cheeks using both of his hand to bring him to reality. He can't act like this. Taekwoon trust him to accept his offer to stay at his house. He can't make that boy become uncomfortable. When hear footsteps approaching him, he fastly turn around and give a smile to the other boy. "Good morning Taekwoon," greet Hakyeon.

"Go... good morning, Hakyeon," greet Taekwoon back. He feel glad Hakyeon does not feel awkward with what just happen. But, seeing Hakyeon's beautiful smile make his heart stop beating for a second. Beginning his day with that smile is really nice. He think today will be a great day for him.

"Thanks," said Taekwoon when that boy put a cup of coffee in front him before he sit in front him with another cup of coffee. Hakyeon also make some pancake for both of them. And its delicious.

 

After the breakfast, they walk together to their college. They only take fifthteen minutes to get there. Taekwoon does not know their house is near with their college.

"Where are you going this morning?" Ask Taekwoon as they walking that make Hakyeon look at him. "I saw you wake up so early this morning and then you left. What are you doing actually?" Continue Taekwoon that make Hakyeon understand the question.

"Working. I sent milks around this neighborhood," reply Hakyeon that make Taekwoon look at him shockly.

"You work? How many works that you have actually?" Ask Taekwoon worriedly. Hakyeon just smile when he detect the worriness in Taekwoon's voice.

"Just two. Sending the milk and at the cafe," reply Hakyeon. Taekwoon nod his head as he think on something.

"I think I should work too," said Taekwoon that make Hakyeon stop his steps.

"Why?" Ask Hakyeon.

"Because I don't want to be a burden to you. You work so hard while me just staying at your house for free," reply Taekwoon without looking at Hakyeon.

"No need to do that," reply Hakyeon as he walk faster following Taekwoon who almost far. "I can work for us. Its not I'm too poor actually. I have money in my account. My parents left me enough money to live. My uncle too always bank in some money for me. But, I don't want to use it. I want to keep it for the future. By the way, I love my job," said Hakyeon as he give an assuring smile. Taekwoon look at him with soft smile on his face. He then nod his head but he will find a job.

 

As Taekwoon walk toward his class, someone put his arm around his shoulder that make Taekwoon jump little bit. He groan when he saw the rude boy. 

"How your first day?" Ask Sanghyuk as he smirk. Taekwoon really want to punch his face right now. "Disaster," reply Taekwoon. He just let that boy do what he want and continue walking toward the class. He having a good morning before this boy came and destroy his day. 

"Glad to know that," Sanghyuk laugh as he still leaning at Taekwoon. While Taekwoon glare at him like he want to eat him alive.

 

When he in his way to another class, Hakyeon stop him to give him the house key. He said he will go straight to his workplace after his class. So, Taekwoon need to go back by himself. He also told him that today he will come back home early. Taekwoon just nod his head and give a fighting peck on his forehead. Taekwoon really does not know why he do that. But he never feel regret when he saw Hakyeon's blushing face. He look so cute that make Taekwoon's day become better.

After his last class for that day, he go to the usual place where he and his friends always meet. He know he can find them there. He want their explaination. And he got more than that. He feel shock to see Hebin sitting closely with his friend, Daeni. While Hyuni with his other friend, Mike. He can see how happy they are right now.

"I still can't believe Taekwoon has nothing right now. He just same as those filthy people," said Mike as he put his arm around Hyuni's waist.

"Me too. Thats why we break up. I stay with him just because of his money. Now he got nothing, why would I stay with him. I already found someone else that richer than him," said Hebin as she put her head on Daeni's shoulder. 

"Its funny how he sound yesterday. He sound so desperate when he ask me if he can stay with me or not. Of course I say no when Hyunie told me about his condition. I don't want my reputation got ruin by him," said Daeni as he smirk.

Taekwoon just smile in disappointment when he hear everything from their mouth. The reality is so cruel for him. He thought they are his friends but they are not. Never been his friend. Never thought they be friends with him just because of he rich. Everything start to play in his mind. What they said to him, what they do with him, what they show to him. They make he think that poor people is not suitable for them. They make he change his thought.

"Why I never saw it before. I guess I'm too blind and stupid to realise about it," mumble Taekwoon as he leave that cafe.

 

He sit alone at the park, the same place he sit yesterday. He start to look this thing in different way. From the start when he accept Sanghyuk's bet. What he said to him about his friends. Then his girlfriend. Now he know her true face. His friends too. Thanks to this bet he can see who sincere to be with him, who's not. Thanks to this bet he found someone who accept him not because of his money. Not because he's the heir of JC Corporation. 

Without he realise the day almost dark. He wipe his tears that flowing down without he know before he stand up. He take a deep breath as he close his eyes tightly before he walk away from that place. Leaving every broken feeling there.