Day 3

The Bet

Hakyeon open his eyes slowly before he turn around and turn off the alarm. He blink his eyes few times before he turn his body back. Snuggling into the comfortable warmness as he smile. Then he realise some weight on his waist that make he look under the blanket. His eyes become wide when he saw Taekwoon's arm around his waist and their legs also tangled together. He look up and found that they are too close to each other. Their face only few inch to touch. He can feel Taekwoon's hot breath on his face that make his face become hotter. He bet his face also become red like tomato already. He bite his lips as he scan Taekwoon's face. He never realise how handsome this boy is before. Carefully his fingers caress Taekwoon's face. How perfect he look. So handsome. 

Hakyeon fastly pull back his hand when he realise how inappropriate action that he do right now. He lift Taekwoon's arm and put it down slowly. Then he sit up and walk toward the bathroom. After he finish changing his clothes, he look at Taekwoon once more before he leave for work. 

Taekwoon wake up by himself for today. He look at his left and found that he already alone on the bed. He sit up as he stretching before he stand up. He wash up and change his clothes. When he walk out from the room, he bump to Hakyeon who in his way toward the room to wake him up. Taekwoon fastly wrap his arms around Hakyeon's waist to catch him when he almost fall because of that impact.

"Are you okay?" Ask Taekwoon still holding Hakyeon's waist. 

"I'm... I'm fine," reply Hakyeon stuttering as he look down to hide his blushing face. Taekwoon who realise about their position fastly help Hakyeon to stand right. He rub his neck as he look down too to hide his red face. "Emm lets have some breakfast before we go to the college," said Hakyeon to break the awkwardness.

"Okay," Taekwoo follow Hakyeon with happy smile toward the dining table. As they eating the breakfast, they keep glancing to each other. Do not know why, their heart still not calm down and keep beating fast. 

As yesterday, Taekwoon and Hakyeon go to their own way when they arrive at the college. Like yesterday, Sanghyuk disturb his morning too. "How your second day?" Ask Sanghyuk. "Terrible disaster. But I'm feel better," reply Taekwoon as he smile slightly. That sight make Sanghyuk froze as he blink his eyes to make sure if he just imagine something or what. He just stand there as he look at Taekwoon enter his class.

"Sanghyuk, are you okay?" Ask Jaehwan as he pat Sanghyuk's shoulder. That boy look at his friend before he nod his head. "Yeah, I'm fine," reply Sanghyuk. "Lets go," Jaehwan put his arm around Sanghyuk's shoulder and drag him into their class.

During break, Taekwoon sit alone under a tree. He take out the lunch box make by Hakyeon and eat it. He thought he can it peacefully, but of course not. Suddenly a boy sit beside him that make he jump little bit. When he saw who the one disturb his peaceful lunch, he immediately frown.

"Can I eat with you?" Ask Sanghyuk as he blink his eyes cutely. Taekwoon roll his eyes amd continue eating. He does not even bother to reply the question because he know whatever his answer is, that boy will just stay there. "Can you do that again?" Ask Sanghyuk suddenly that make Taekwoon give 'what' look at him.

"Smile. Can you show me your smile again?" Continue Sanghyuk that make Taekwoon give another 'what' look at him. "When did I do that?" Ask Taekwoon as he continue eating his delicious lunch. 

"This morning. You smile even when it just small smile, but it still a smile that something unusual. Its something rare and I want to see it again," said Sanghyuk. He does not want to give up. "Why should I? Will you pay me?" Ask Taekwoon still not looking at him. But before he can reply, someone speak first.

"Wah, its look like these two enemies have been friends already," said Daeni as he walk closer to them. That voice make Taekwoon and Sanghyuk look behind them. Taekwoon just sigh before he turn his head back and continue eating his lunch. "Why you need to be so arrogant with us, Taekwoon? We are friends right?" Said Mike. Taekwoon really want to punch his face right now. Both of them are standing in front Taekwoon as they look at Taekwoon with annoying smirk.

"Hi guys. What do you want?" Ask Taekwoon as he look at both of them lazily. Sanghyuk who does not know what actually happen just sit there without saying anything.

"Just want to see how your life after being poor. Its look like you still alive. And you still have money to buy your lunch. Are you working right now? Where do you live now?" Mock Mike but still does not give any effect to Taekwoon as he show uninterested face.

"Yeah I'm still alive. I'm just being poor, not being crazy. This lunch, I'm not buying it. Someone made it for me. I'm not working, but will do it. And I live at a house. Don't worry. I'm not sleeping in sauna or under a bridge. If you don't have any question, please leave," reply Taekwoon before he continue eating his lunch. He really want to eat in peace, but its look like it just a dream.

"So arrogant. Its look like you already adapt to this kind of life. Well, congrates to you. And you two are suit together because he like to be friend with poor people like you," mock Daeni before he leave Taekwoon and Sanghyuk. "If you need some money, you can just call me. But, you need to work first. Bye, Taekwoon and your new friend, Sanghyuk," said Mike before he also leave. 

Taekwoon just roll his eyes but still does not stop eating his food. Sanghyuk just stare at Taekwoon in disbelief. "What happen, Taekwoon? Why they acting like that?" Ask Sanghyuk still not believe those two saying something like that to Taekwoon.

Taekwoon who already finish eating just raise his hand, signalling that boy to wait. He chew his food as he put the empty box into his bag back. He then drink his water before he give his attention to the boy beside him.

"Well, as what we agree, I'm a poor people for this week. So, they do not want to be friend with a poor people like me," said Taekwoon that make Sanghyuk gasp in shock. He know how bad those boys are but he does not expect their behaviour are worst. How can they do that. Taekwoon is their friends and whatever happen, they should help Taekwoon. Not doing something mean like this.

"Hebin also break up with me," continue Taekwoon that make Sanghyuk's eyes become larger. "For the same reason," before Sanghyuk can ask why, Taekwoon told him first. Now Sanghyuk feel guilty. "I'm sorry. Because of that bet you lost your friends and also your girlfriend," said Sanghyuk as he show his regret face. Taekwoon just put his arm around that boy's shoulder and pat it softly.

"Its okay. Thanks to that I able to see their true self. I don't regret on that," reply Taekwoon as he give a slightly smile at Sanghyuk before he leave him alone. Sanghyuk blink his eyes few times before he stand up and run after that boy.

 

Taekwoon walk around the town for a while after his class ended. He want to find a job even for just few days. Then, he saw a shop that need new worker. Its a flowershop. He fastly enter the shop and meet the owner of the shop. After little bit interview, he is accepted by the owner. He learn that the owner name is Lee Minjung. He call her Mrs Lee. He will start working tomorrow. Taekwoon know Hakyeon does not want him to work. But still he feel quite uncomfortable if he does not do that. He look at the time at his phone and realise Hakyeon's shift almost end for that day. Hakyeon finish early for today and Taekwoon think it better if he pick him up at the cafe.

"Welcome to Sweet Cafe," said a worker there when Taekwoon enter the cafe. "Emm can I meet Hakyeon?" Ask Taekwoon as his eyes wonder around the cafe to find that boy.

"Please wait for a while," said the boy before he walk into a room. Taekwoon take that time to look over the cafe. Its look nice. The decoration is cute and beautiful too. It also big and spacious. Then he can see a man staring, no glaring at him from behind the counter. Is he the worker? But he wear different clothes. Not long after that, Hakyeon walk out from the room and smile at him as he walking closer. But, the glaring man stop Hakyeon and talk to him.

Taekwoon does not know why but he does not like this man. He can see that man look like scolding Hakyeon. Then he can see Hakyeon turn around with his long face and pouting lips. He can see Hakyeon mumbling on something as he walk closer. He bet that boy is cursing on that man. "Taekwoon, what are you doing here?" Ask Hakyeon when he stand in front Taekwoon with smile on his face.

"Just want to pick you up. Lets go back home together," said Taekwoon as he ruffle Hakyeon's hairs. He glance up and he can see that man tense up and still glaring at him.

"You already finish your work for today right?" Ask Taekwoon that earn a nod from Hakyeon. "If thats so, let go," continue Taekwoon as he put his arm around Hakyeon's waist and hold him tightly. Hakyeon blushing hardly when he feel Taekwoon's sturdy arm around his waist but he just let that boy do that. He just look at that boy and smile at him. Taekwoon smile back automatically before they walk out from the cafe together. They look like a happy couple for everyone who saw them. 

That night, they eat outside. They stop at a famous shop that sell the delicious jajangmyeon Taekwoon insist that he will pay for the dinner tonight. "Where did you get the money?" Ask Hakyeon as he look at Taekwoon. "You don't steal it right?" Guess Hakyeon that make Taekwoon give a disbelief look at him. "I'm not. I got this money from Sanghyuk," reply Taekwoon as his eyes fix at the worker who bring two bowl of jajangmyeon toward them. When the worker put the food in front them, it make their mouth watering. The smell also delicious.

"Why he give you money?" Ask Hakyeon when he remember about what Taekwoon said just now. Taekwoon take the chopstick and separate it first before he give it to Hakyeon. "Because I smile at him," reply Taekwoon that make Hakyeon laugh. "Just because of that?" Hakyeon can't believe what he just hear.

"Yes. He said my smile is something rare. Because I don't smile frequently. With my exfriends and my exgirlfriend too I don't do that," explain Taekwoon that make Hakyeon nod his head. 

"But, you always smile at me," Hakyeon state the fact. "Because you are special. When you smile, I can't help but smile with you. I don't know why," reply Taekwoon as he smile at Hakyeon. His confession make Hakyeon smile shyly.