Chapter 21

Untouchable Face

"Have you thought any more about what we talked about the other day?"

Chorong peers over her glass at Eunji who is staring at her expectantly. "We've talked about a lot of things these last few days; you'll have to be more specific."

Eunji sips at her own coffee before brushing some of her hair behind her ear. "About moving in together."

She swallows nervously at the comment. Truth is, she hasn't even contemplated Eunji's suggestion about moving in together, she hasn't allowed herself to. Her mind has been preoccupied with other things, mainly Bomi.

"I told you I would think about it."

"I know you did, it's just –" Eunji taps the edge of the table with her free hand as she sips her coffee. A small amount of froth remains on her top lip before she it away. "It's quite nerve wracking putting something like that out there and not being given a definitive answer. All I can think of is that you don't want to move in with me."

"I don't not want to move in with you."

"That's a double negative," Eunji states. "Does that mean you do?"

Chorong breathes in heavily. "I still need some more time to think about it. It's only been five days and there are things to consider."

"Like what?"

"You tolerate my daily morning and evening ritual now but if we had to share a bathroom, you may start getting annoyed at my prolonged use of the bathroom when you're trying to get ready for work."

"I happen to find your daily morning and evening ritual adorable actually."

"There's Sana to consider as well," Chorong says, ignoring Eunji's latest comment. "I don't want to just leave her on her own to deal with rent. She can't afford our apartment by herself."

"She could always ask Momo to move in with her or move in with Momo," Eunji suggests. "Why aren't they living together anyway? They've been dating for over two years."

Chorong sips her latte. "They tried living together for a couple of months last year and they started arguing more than normal," she tells her girlfriend. "They rushed into living together and now they're taking their time."

"Which is what you think we should do."

"I just don't want to rush into anything, there's no need to rush."

The auburn-haired woman bobs her head in agreement but Chorong can see the disappointment flash behind her eyes. She knows Eunji wants them to live together and maybe if she hadn't met Bomi, the decision to move in together would have been an easy one.

She'd have probably said yes straightaway.

Growing up she would love to read fairy-tales because no matter what happened, they always had a happy ending. Initially she thought her happy ending lay with Eunji but then she met Bomi and like with most things now, she's not sure anymore.

"I won't bring it up again."

The disappointment rests behind brown eyes and it's enough to make Chorong feel guiltier. She reaches across the table and places her hand over her girlfriend's. "I've not said no."

"I know."

At least Eunji has only asked her to move in together, it would have been ten times worse if Eunji had decided she wanted to become engaged. Chorong would have found that harder to say no to. Not because she feels desperate to marry Eunji but because she's not sure she could say no to a proposal.

If somebody risks everything by proposing, hearing the word no must truly be devastating and Chorong wouldn't want to inflict that on anybody.

The subject of moving in together is dropped after that and Chorong uses the silence to mindlessly flip through the magazine Eunji had bought earlier. It doesn't contain important world news, rather endless drivel and gossip about the celebrity world. Eunji has a slight interest in celebrity gossip but Chorong has never shared that interest.

"I'll be back in a second babe," Eunji states as she stands up and walks past Chorong towards the counter.

Chorong glances over her shoulder to see what has taken Eunji's attention and she feels her heart beat that little bit faster, only not due to excitement but rather nerves. Eunji is talking animatedly to Kyungsoo, the director of The Band's Visit. Even though she had been rather preoccupied with completing her impromptu audition to focus on the people that were judging her, she recognises the man immediately.

It's not like she hasn't told Eunji about the audition and her subsequent casting in the show on purpose, it just sort of slipped her mind whenever they were together. She had felt an uncontrollable need to inform Bomi but that need hasn't existed with Eunji. Her girlfriend has always been supportive of her theatre career and when Chorong received an audition for 'I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change' before her mom passed away, Eunji had been thrilled.

She had told Chorong that she would easily be cast; she was made to be on the stage.

That chance slipped through her fingers but when she finally received another chance, she didn't tell Eunji.

Now she is actually going to be on The Seoul Arts Center and she still hasn't told her girlfriend.

The person that she should have told first.

Eunji waves at her and she nervously waves back, not failing to notice how Kyungsoo waves at her as well, a small smile gracing his lips. She can feel her cheeks flush at the knowledge that they're talking to each other and he could possibly be informing Eunji about her audition.

Her girlfriend shouldn't have to find out second-hand yet that is looking more and more likely right now and Chorong isn't making any movement to stop it.

She swallows nervously as Eunji walks back towards her, Kyungsoo walking beside her. "Rong, I want you to meet Kyungsoo," she says as she comes to rest at the table. "We went to high school together; he was actually my date to a dance once."

Kyungsoo chuckles. "Obviously we went as friends," he clarifies before pushing his glasses further up his nose. "Thank you for the introduction Eunji, but we've actually already met. How are you Chorong-ssi?"

Chorong gives him a tight-lipped smile. "I'm fine thank you, how are you?"

Kyungsoo doesn't notice the furrowed brow Eunji is sporting but Chorong does and purposely avoids her eyes. "I'm okay; my wife is dropping hints about a birthday present she wants which is a little pricey so I'm trying to dissuade her but it will prove pointless."

Chorong bobs her head along with him politely.

"I hope you're preparing for rehearsals."

"I am, don't worry."

Eunji frowns harshly and Chorong wonders how much longer she can keep her eyes trained on the table for.

He glances over his shoulder as the barista calls his order. "That's mine so I better be going. It was nice to see you again Eunji," Kyungsoo announces before directing his attention back to Chorong. "I'll be seeing you at rehearsals Chorong-ssi and you must say thank you to Bomi for me because without her, my Dina wouldn't be anywhere near as good."

She flushes at the compliment. "Okay."

Kyungsoo walks away from the couple and Eunji uses his disappearance to sit back down opposite her girlfriend. "Do you want to explain to me what that was about? How do you know Kyungsoo? What rehearsals? What does Bomi have to do with anything?"

"I was actually going to talk to you about that later today," Chorong lies quietly.

"Talk to me about what?"

She scratches a non-existent itch above her eyebrow. "Can we maybe have this conversation somewhere a little bit more private?" She asks, noticing how the teenage girls sitting on the adjacent table seemed to be slightly more invested in this conversation than they should be.

"Why?"

"Eunji."

Eunji sighs before nodding and standing, grabbing her coat from the back of her chair and shrugging it on. She turns around to see Chorong still sitting on the chair. "I thought you wanted to go."

"I didn't mean right now."

"Well I'd rather have this conversation right now so we can do it here or at your place, your choice."

Chorong huffs quietly but shrugs her own coat on and stands, following Eunji out of the coffee shop.


 

She throws her keys onto the kitchen counter as Eunji closes the door behind her. The trip back to her apartment had been made in silence and it's unnerving for Chorong. She knows that Eunji is going to be hurt that she didn't divulge something so important but what is worrying her more, is how Eunji will react to the knowledge that she knows Bomi a little bit more than she's suggested.

Eunji crosses her arms as she rests against the door. "Well."

"Kyungsoo's directing The Band's Visit on The CJ Towol Theater and I'm going to be playing the character of Dina."

The confusion and slight anger disappears from Eunji's face and is replaced with a wide smile. "That's fantastic news, congratulations Chorong. Why didn't you tell me you were auditioning?"

"I didn't even know, it was a surprise."

"A surprise?" Eunji asks slowly. "Is that why Kyungsoo told you to thank Bomi for him? Did she organise an audition for you?"

Chorong pauses briefly. It would be easy to lie, she seems to be getting better at lying but for the first time in a long time, she actually tells her girlfriend the truth.

"Yes."

Eunji furrows her brows and runs her tongue over her top teeth. The happiness she showed on her face at the initial news has dissipated now. "Why on earth would Bomi organise that for you? Last thing I knew, you didn't really speak to her."

"I don't," Chorong says quickly and just like that, she's back to lying. "She drove me home after Namjoo's dance recital back in December. I told you about that."

Eunji nods but doesn't say anything so Chorong takes that as her cue to continue.

"She suggested that we make an attempt to get to know each other a little bit since I'm your girlfriend and you're her best friend. You told me that you wanted me to get along with her so I knew it was important for you so I tried my best," Chorong continues.

She probably tried a little bit too hard.

"She told me that she worked for the Hankook Ilbo and I told her that I was attempting to make my way onto theatre. I didn't think anything of it and I presumed she had forgotten but next thing I knew she was telling me that I had an audition for The Band's Visit."

"How did she find out about the show?"

Chorong shrugs her shoulders. "She found out Kyungsoo was directing it and since she knew him from high school, she must have decided to ask him."

"I know Kyungsoo too, she could have told me about it. You know I would have organised an audition for you."

"I know you would have."

"Helping you to achieve your dream is awfully nice of her; I don't remember the last time Bomi did something that nice for somebody she didn't really know."

"I don't know what you want me to say."

"Did she expect anything in return for this favour?"

Chorong frowns harshly. "What kind of question is that?"

"Don't get me wrong Chorong but you don't know Bomi like I do," Eunji states as she moves away from the door and comes to rest opposite Chorong, the kitchen counter acting as a barrier between them, even though the proverbial gap between them now extends further than a kitchen counter can.

At least on Chorong's part.

"When it comes to women, Bomi will do anything to get their attention."

"I thought she was your best friend, you don't seem to think too highly of her."

Eunji rubs her eyes harshly. "I'm not trying to be mean, I love Bomi and she's like a sister to me. I'm just telling you what she's like, even if you ask her yourself, she'll tell you exactly what I've just told you."

Chorong snaps her head up. "What's your point?"

"My point is, she could have had an ulterior motive."

"She doesn't want anything from me; it was just a simple act of kindness."

"If it was just a simple act of kindness, why didn't you tell me? Why did you keep it a secret for…how long has it been? Weeks? Months?"

"I only found out I'd been cast the day before the bridesmaids dress fitting."

"That was nearly two weeks ago," Eunji states. "Why didn't you tell me? Were you even planning on telling me? If Kyungsoo hadn't accidentally let it slip, would you have brought it up?"

"Of course I would." Chorong shrugs helplessly. "I've had a lot on my mind with the wedding and I guess it just slipped my mind."

"Slipped your mind?" Eunji repeats slowly. "You're finally able to do what you've dreamed about since you were a little girl and it slipped your mind. When you had your audition for 'I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change' last year, you spent days talking to me about it. It was the only thing you could think about; it was the first thing you talked about in the morning and the last thing you talked about before you went to bed. I find it incredibly difficult to believe that you forgot about this. "

"I had planned to tell you but then you asked me to move in with you and I started thinking about that," Chorong lies and her eyes flutter shut.

"I didn't ask you to move in with me, I asked you to think about it," Eunji defends lowly. "Are you trying to tell me that you're only capable of thinking about one thing at a time?

"That's not what I meant," Chorong bites back. "I just meant…moving in is a massive step so it occupied my thoughts more than my role on The Band's Visit."

"Have you told Bomi?"

Chorong shakes her head because she knows that definitely won't go down well with Eunji and will probably lead to an argument. "Why would I?"

Eunji leans back ever so slightly. "She organised a surprise audition for you, it seems like the least you could do is tell her that you got the part."

"I don't go out of my way to talk to her."

That's lie number three so far today.

Eunji taps her fingers against the counter. "When was your audition?"

"A couple of days after the New Year."

A short laugh is emitted from the auburn-haired woman. "When you spent the day with Sana?"

Chorong frowns lightly. "What?"

"When my mom came to visit and I wanted you to grab lunch with us, you said Sana needed you because she was having trouble with Momo. That was a couple of days after the New Year. Where you really with Sana?"

"No."

"So you lied to me."

"I wouldn't say I lied to you, rather omitted the truth."

"Have you lied to me about anything else?"

Chorong frowns shakily. "Like what?"

"Things haven't been the same between us lately and you can't pretend that you haven't noticed. Nothing's changed on my end but I'm thinking maybe something has with you."

"Nothing's changed."

"Is that why you always seem to stiffen whenever I try to be intimate with you?"

Chorong sighs heavily and shakes her head. "Why does it always seem to be about with you?"

"It's not always about with me," Eunji shouts, running her fingers through her hair. "I just want to know why my girlfriend doesn't seem to want me to touch her anymore."

"You're reading into things too much."

"That's not an answer."

"I don't have an answer for you, there's nothing wrong."

Eunji tugs her bottom lip between her teeth. "If you'd have told me that a couple of months ago, I'd have believed you but now –"

"Now you don't?"

The sound of keys in the lock causes both women to glance at the door and only seconds later, the door opens and Sana enters carrying two grocery bags. The bags block her view and it's only when she puts them down on the kitchen counter that she notices Eunji and Chorong standing a little way in front of her.

"I didn't realise you were in. I thought you were spending the day together," Sana states before she glances between the two women. "Have I interrupted something?"

"No."

Both women answer her at the same time and Eunji fiddles with her watch. "I was just going actually," she says as she brushes past Sana. "Nice seeing you Sana," she says before she opens the door and leaves the apartment, slamming the door behind her.

"What's going on with you two?" She asks lightly. Unlike her and Momo who share quite a few arguments every now and again, Eunji and Chorong hardly ever had arguments. The black-haired woman presumed it was just because they were still in the honeymoon phase of their relationship but the look on her roommate's face makes her think that the honeymoon phase might finally be over.

"Nothing."

"Chorong."

Chorong turns around to face her and just for a second, she wants to tell her everything.

She wants to tell her that she's having an emotional affair with Bomi that has been physical in the past.

She wants to tell her that she thinks her feelings for Bomi run a lot deeper than she ever anticipated.

She wants to tell her that she thinks she might be falling out of love with Eunji, but none of those things come out.

Instead she opens the fridge and pulls out one of the bottles of wine she has in stock for Eunji. "Do you want a glass?"

"You don't drink, Rong."

She holds her finger up. "I don't always drink," she corrects. "Now, I think I want to."

Sana frowns as the brunette opens the bottle and pours a substantial amount of wine into a glass. Sana grabs a glass from the cupboard and places it beside her glass. If she's insistent on drinking, she's not going to let her drink the entire bottle.


 

She pours the remaining wine into two separate glasses before carrying the glasses over to the couch, careful not to spill any wine. She has always been that little bit clumsy.

"You know, you really should have brought two bottles, we can finish one bottle far too quickly."

"Maybe we don't need two bottles, maybe we should just slow down on the first."

She hands the glass to her friend before taking a seat beside her on the couch with a laugh. "That doesn't make sense, you're being ridiculous."

Naeun laughs as well before taking a sip of her wine. "There's another bottle in my bag anyway."

"You're a girl after my own heart aren't you?"

Naeun smiles. "I think somebody already has your heart."

Bomi pauses at that comment. Ever since Naeun guessed that she was in love with Chorong, the dark-haired woman will make passing comments such as that. She knows that Naeun doesn't mean them in a negative way but that doesn't stop Bomi's heart from constricting a little each time because every time Naeun mentions Chorong, it's a reminder that she can't have her.

"Why didn't you give me the wine? I could have put it in the fridge," Bomi asks, trying to change the topic.

"It's red wine, I thought we could mix things up for once," Naeun replies as she swirls her wine around gently. "All we ever seem to drink is white. You do like red, right?"

"I like any wine," Bomi tells her, emphasising her point by sipping at her wine and appreciatively. "Do you know what you're organising for Namjoo's bachelorette party yet?"

"Can I detect a hint of smugness in that slightly condescending tone?" Naeun replies playfully. "I'm guessing you've sorted out Hayoung's."

"I have and I have to say, I think it's pretty impressive."

"Well it's going to have to be to beat my idea."

Bomi quirks her eyebrow in curiosity. "Colour me intrigued, what's your idea?"

Naeun sips her wine with a smile. "Gwangju." Bomi releases a loud chuckle at that revelation. "What's so funny?"

"That is exactly what I suggested to Hayoung and she was on board immediately."

Naeun's smile widens into a grin. "We've organised the same bachelorette parties for the pair of them, I swear Bomi, we're too alike it's rather scary."

"Since I'm supposed to be going on both bachelorette parties, it doesn't make sense to go twice."

"No, I guess it doesn't."

Bomi tilts her head to the side. "How do you think they'd feel about combining their bachelorette parties?"

Naeun shrugs her shoulders lightly. "It's supposedly their last night of freedom; would you want to spend that with your future wife? It certainly limits what you can do."

"What do you think they're going to do? My guess is that they'll both drink far too much and that's about as much excitement as we'll get from them. Hayoung has already forbidden a stripper, is Namjoo letting you get one?"

"I haven't actually broached the subject with her," Naeun replies quietly. "I don't think she'd appreciate one either though."

"So, Gwangju is going to play host to both Hayoung's and Namjoo's bachelorette parties, I don't think Gwangju is ready."

Naeun laughs loudly. "Are you going to let your hair down Bomi-ah?"

She thinks about how a joint bachelorette party will mean that she's going to be spending the weekend confined to the same hotel as Eunji and Chorong. She'll have to spend the weekend watching them be a happy couple whilst she pines pathetically over Chorong.

"Maybe I will."


 

Bomi finishes fluffing up the pillows before walking out of the spare bedroom. They had drunk the second bottle of wine a lot quicker than the first one and Naeun decided that she couldn't be bothered to get a cab home, instead announcing that she would be staying over.

Bomi didn't really have a choice in the matter but she doesn't mind.

She appreciates the company.

"The spare bed is all made up for you."

Naeun raises her head from the book she's reading on the couch. "Do you not trust yourself in the same bed as me?"

Bomi laughs. "Please, if anybody can't trust themselves, it's you. Let's not forget that you tried to kiss me the other day."

Naeun scoffs quietly. "It was Valentine's Day and you plied me with wine and chocolate, I wanted to show my gratitude," she explains before waving her hand in the air. "Besides, it was only a peck."

"Keep telling yourself that babe," Bomi replies with a wink before running her fingers through her hair.

Naeun opens to send a witty retort in Bomi's direction but a fierce knock at the front door distracts her. "Are you expecting somebody?"

Bomi shakes her head. "What time is it?"

"Nearly midnight."

The knock on the door becomes impossibly louder and Bomi rubs the back of her neck before walking towards the door and opening it slowly. The wide variety of horror movies she has watched since the age of 15 has caused her subconscious to create a scenario where there is a killer behind her door.

Even though that's ridiculous, she still takes care opening the door.

She allows herself to breathe a sigh of relief when she sees who is standing on the other side of the door. A wide smile graces her face at the sight of the brunette hair and brown eyes that appear to be slightly glazed.

"What are you doing here?"

Chorong stumbles forward, placing her hands on Bomi's shoulders to steady her.

"Are you drunk?" She asks, as she takes in Chorong's eyes once more and her unsteadiness on her feet.

"Are you?"

Bomi leans back ever so slightly at the stench of alcohol wafting towards her from Chorong's breath. She's definitely been drinking and Bomi's willing to guess that it wasn't just a glass or two. Chorong must have been drinking for some time. "How did you get here?"

The brunette tilts her head to the side as she attempts to remember. "I think I walked."

"You walked?!" Bomi states with shock lacing her voice. "From where? Do you know how dangerous that could have been? You're drunk and you decided to take a walk around Seoul at midnight. You're not in Cheongju anymore Chor–"

A finger pressed against her lips haphazardly silences her attempt at admonishing Chorong. "You're talking far too much."

Bomi grabs her keys from the cabinet beside the door. "You and I are going to get a cab and I'm taking you home."

"Will you stay with me?"

"That's not a good idea."

Chorong crosses her arms and pouts solidly. "Then I don't want to go home."

"Right now you're drunk so you're not even sure what you're saying."

Chorong seems somewhat hurt by that statement, even in her drunken stupor. "I know what I'm saying."

Bomi glances over her shoulder to inform Naeun that she needs to take Chorong home but won't be long and Chorong uses the blonde's momentary distraction to her advantage and slips past her into the apartment.

Sensing movement beside her, Bomi spins around and groans as she sees Chorong sitting down on the couch beside Naeun. With a sigh, she closes the door before walking towards both woman and taking a seat on the chair closest to Chorong.

"This isn't me taking you home."

"Are you on a date?" Chorong asks, a little bit too loudly in Naeun's direction. "Did you know that Bomi doesn't date?"

"We're not on a date," Naeun replies, clearly amused by the brunette's drunken antics.

Even though having a drunk Chorong in her apartment when they're supposed to stay away from each other isn't how she though the night with Naeun would go, Bomi has to admit, Chorong does make a rather adorable drunk.

"Chorong –"

"Have you slept with her?" Chorong questions seriously and Bomi feels herself blush at the forward question.

"Chorong, you need to stop talking."

"You're not allowed to sleep with Bomi," Chorong continues, pointing at Naeun and accidentally hitting the tall woman's cheek with her finger. "I forbid it."

"Chorong," Bomi tries once more.

Chorong turns her attention to the blonde and gives her a serious stare. "I forbid you to sleep with her."

"Naeun," Naeun supplies but Chorong isn't paying any attention to her.

"Thanks for letting me know," Bomi states, smiling lightly as Chorong shuffles closer to her.

Naeun emits a quiet chuckle at the drunken girl sitting beside her. "Maybe you should take her home Bomi."

"I don't think you should tell her what to do," Chorong bites back with a slur. "Maybe you should go home."

That statement causes Bomi to wrap her hand around Chorong's and she gently tugs her up before leading her towards the kitchen. She looks over Chorong's shoulder to see Naeun staring at them but with a tilt of her head, Naeun seems to understand that she wants privacy and resumes reading her book.

"You have had too much to drink and I am taking you home."

"I don't want to go home; I want to stay with you."

It shouldn't melt her heart but it does.

Staring into doe-eyed brown eyes is enough to make her resolve start crumbling.

"Maybe I should take you to Eunji's."

This time Chorong's shake of the head is lot more fervent than before. "I don't want to go there."

"Why not?"

"She's not happy with me," Chorong replies as she traces her finger down the side of Bomi's face.

The curiosity in Bomi peaks and she needs to know what's happened between Eunji and Chorong. "Why?"

Chorong shakes her head and shrugs her shoulders at the same time. "Why is she here?"

Bomi guesses that it was supposed to come out as a whisper but evidently Chorong doesn't know how to whisper when she's been drinking. It's loud enough for Naeun to hear and from behind Chorong, Bomi watches Naeun mouth the word 'she' in feign annoyance.

Bomi stifles a laugh before looking at Chorong. "Naeun's my friend; she's allowed to be here."

"I'm your friend so that means I'm allowed to be here too." Chorong beams widely, clearly proud at herself for making that point.

Bomi quirks an eyebrow, she can't really argue with that logic. "Chorong."

Brown eyes widen. "Do you not want me here?"

"Of course I do," she breathes out.

Chorong's smile grows impossibly wider before she leans forward with the intention of kissing Bomi. At the realisation of what's about to happen, Bomi steps back and creates more distance between them but ensures that she's still close enough in case Chorong decides to stumble about.

"You need to go to bed."

Chorong snickers like a schoolgirl. "Are you trying to get me into bed?"

Bomi chuckles but shakes her head. Her hand comes up to cup Chorong's cheek and she rubs it softly with the pad of her thumb. She sighs in contentment when Chorong closes her eyes at the touch. "Not this time," she whispers, fully aware that Naeun isn't really reading and is watching their interactions with bemused fascination. "Come on."

She grabs Chorong's hand and the brunette quickly entwines their fingers. It doesn't even cross Bomi's mind to disentangle them, instead she leads Chorong towards the spare bedroom and ushers her in before turning around to face Naeun.

"Guess you're getting your wish after all."

"My wish?"

"You and me in one bed," she replies with a wink. "I'll be back in a second."

Naeun grins and brings her attention back to her book. "Take all the time in the world Bomi."

Bomi steps forward and slaps her friend playfully on the arm before dashing back towards the spare bedroom in case Naeun decides to retaliate. She closes the door behind her and stills at the sight before her. Chorong is currently attempting to undress but appears to be having trouble with her sweater which is currently stuck half way over her head. Just enough to showcase her stomach and bra yet hide her eyes.

Even though she knows she shouldn't, she allows her eyes to rake appreciatively over the brunette's stomach and her tongue subconsciously her lip.

"I'm stuck," Chorong announces and Bomi chuckles. "Help me please."

Bomi takes a step forward and tugs the sweater back down to cover Chorong's body rather than take it off.

"Maybe you should leave that on."

"You want me to sleep in this?" Chorong asks with a tilt of her head. "But it's too thick to sleep in. I don't like sleeping in my clothes."

"I don't really think you should sleep in just your underwear."

Chorong sends a lop-sided smirk in Bomi's direction. "Why? Don't you trust yourself?"

Bomi tugs her bottom lip between her teeth. Chorong's probably not going to remember any of this in the morning so it's not going to hurt to be truthful. "No, I honestly don't."

"I don't either."

"You don't trust me?"

Chorong shakes her head quickly and dabs at her own chest with her finger. "I don't trust myself."

Bomi brushes some of Chorong's hair behind her ear. And the way Chorong is staring at her, it takes all the willpower she has to not kiss her.

"I know," Chorong says quietly.

"Know what?" Bomi questions as she pulls the cover of the bed back.

Chorong smirks. "I know about you."

"I don't know what you're talking about Chorong."

"I know."

Bomi chuckles softly before turning around to face her dresser. "Since you don't want to sleep in your clothes, I can give you some pyjamas if you want," she offers but Chorong has already climbed into bed and closed her eyes. Bomi walks around to the left side of the bed and takes a seat on the spot next to Chorong. "Chorong?"

Her eyes drift open slowly and she looks lazily at Bomi.

"Bbom-ah, can I ask you a question?"

Bomi Chorong's cheek with the pad of her thumb once more. "You can ask me anything you want."

"Do you –"

"Do I what?"

Chorong glances at her before sighing. "Do you like Naeun?"

Bomi laughs lightly and runs her fingers through Chorong's hair, revelling in the satisfied sigh Chorong makes. "I do, but as nothing more than a friend."

"Like we're friends."

"No," Bomi says lightly. "Not like our friendship."

"I really like you Bomi."

Bomi inhales heavily and turns her attention towards the bedroom wall rather than Chorong. "You are making it impossible for me to stay away from you," Bomi says quietly.

There isn't any response from the other woman and Bomi looks at the brunette only to find Chorong sleeping softly, her breathing levelled out. "All I want to be able to do is to hold your hand and kiss you without having to worry about anybody being hurt. I want to be able to climb into bed with you right now and wake up with you in my arms. Staying away from you is proving to be the hardest thing I've ever had to do and you're making it even harder for me when you show up at my place all drunk and adorable."

Dipping down she presses her lips against Chorong's temple, leaving them to linger longer than necessary. "Good night beautiful."

She sneaks out of the bedroom as quietly as she can; even though she's pretty confident Chorong won't wake up for anything right now. Flipping the light switch off, she shuts the door behind her, leaving it just slightly ajar.

"Is she okay?" Naeun asks as she peers over the couch at Bomi's re-appearance.

"For now, she's going to regret it in the morning though."

"Do you not want to stay with her?"

Bomi bites down on her bottom lip before entering her own bedroom. Naeun stands from the couch and follows her friend into the bedroom. "Bomi?"

"Of course I do."

"Then go back in there."

"It's not that simple Naeun," Bomi exclaims.

"You're in love with her Bomi and you've got the chance to be there for her and you're passing it up."

"She's practically unconscious right now," Bomi explains. "Besides, she might freak out if she wakes up in the morning and I'm next to her. I don't want that to happen."

"Trust me, she wouldn't freak out."

"I promised Hayoung I'd stay away from her."

"Clearly she didn't make the same promise."

"It doesn't matter because I did."

Naeun shakes her head slowly. "Why are you trying to do something that is inevitably going to make you unhappy? Why can't you let yourself be happy just once?"

"I am happy," Bomi defends.

"No, you're not."

"It doesn't matter Naeun."

"You're trying to do the right thing for Eunji but you do realise that you're going to eventually end up resenting her right?"

"What?"

Naeun crosses her arms against her chest. "She's going to be with the one person you want, you can't tell me that you're going to be okay with that."

Bomi pauses. When she thinks about Eunji and Chorong as a couple, she doesn't think too much about the future. She doesn't wonder what it will be like if Chorong remains a part of her life but not as a girlfriend rather as a constant reminder that she had a chance with her and didn't take it.

Naeun's right, she wouldn't be okay with that.

Instead of answering, Bomi opens the drawers of her dresser and tosses a pair of pyjamas in her friend's direction before pulling out a pair for herself. "Do you want the left side or the right?"

Naeun releases a sigh before gesturing her head at the bed. "The left."

"Perfect because I sleep on the right."

After both women change into their pyjamas, Bomi walks towards her bedside cabinet and opens the top drawer. She grabs the nose strips Chorong bought her for Christmas and plasters one over her nose.

"What are you doing?" Naeun questions as she climbs into bed.

"Somebody told me that I snore," she replies. "These are supposed to help and I thought you might appreciate the quiet."

"I'd appreciate a bed to myself," Naeun says playfully.

"Well that's not going to happen and if you don't shut up, you can sleep on the couch," Bomi replies with just as much playfulness in her voice.

She climbs into bed beside Naeun and rests her head against the pillow.

"Bomi?"

Bomi hums as a response.

"Do you think when Chorong forbad us to have , it included spooning?"