Chapter 20

Untouchable Face

Chorong brushes some of her hair out of her eye as she rummages through her pockets for the key to her apartment. Behind her, Eunji is quietly humming to herself as she waits for her girlfriend to open the door.

"Do you want my key?"

Chorong shakes her head. "I know I have it somewhere." She continues to search before picking up her bag and checking that. Seconds later she pulls out the set of keys and waves them proudly at Eunji. She unlocks the door and enters her apartment, hearing Eunji close the door behind her.

Since the restaurant they ended up after the dress fitting had been closer to her apartment rather than Eunji's, they decided to spend the night here for a chance. It's unusual but for some reason, Chorong always prefers to stay at Eunji's place rather than Eunji stay here. Maybe it's because Eunji's place is smaller and feels more homely than hers or maybe it's because she has a roommate whereas Eunji doesn't.

Whatever the reason, now Chorong feels out of place in Eunji's apartment and it doesn't feel homely anymore. That's why she suggested her place because then she didn't have to spend the night feeling uncomfortable.

"How come we hardly ever stay at your place?" Eunji questions as she picks up a photo frame containing Chorong and Sana from one of their performances.

"You live alone," Chorong states in an obvious fashion. "I live with Sana, she'd disturb us."

Eunji chuckles softly. "You told me she's never here at night, she's usually with Momo."

She did tell Eunji that because it's true. Why the two women aren't living together yet perplexes her when they practically spend every night together in one of their apartments. "You're staying here tonight."

Her girlfriend puts the photo frame back on the coffee table and walks towards her girlfriend who is standing in the kitchen. "Have you ever thought about maybe staying at my place for longer than a couple of nights?"

Chorong swallows hard. "Are you asking me if I've ever thought about moving in together?"

Eunji curls a strand of hair behind her ear. "Are you telling me you haven't?" Eunji retorts as she rests her elbows on the kitchen counter separating her and Chorong. "I mean, we're always spending the night at my place and don't you think it would just be easier if you didn't have to leave to grab some clothes before coming back for the next night?"

"Do you not think it's too soon?"

"We've been together for over a year," Eunji says simply. "I don't want to freak you out or anything so if you're not ready, just say no. I'm not going to push you into living with me."

If she's being honest with herself, she knew this question was coming. Eunji's right, they do spend most nights together and moving in together is the next natural step to take in their relationship but Bomi constantly plagues her mind nowadays and she doesn't think moving in with Eunji is going to do any good.

If anything, it's going to make things worse, should she ever find out.

"I'll think about it," Chorong replies after a minutes pause.

"That's all I ask."

Chorong smiles and pecks her girlfriend's cheek. "Do you want a glass of wine?"

"Please."

She opens the fridge and grabs the bottle of wine which is resting on the bottom shelf. Opening one of her cupboards she reaches for a wine glass only to curse silently under her breath that Sana has moved them to a higher shelf. Eunji comes up behind her and jumps, reaching above her, confidently grabbing the wine glass and bringing it down.

"Thank you," Chorong says gratefully as she closes the cupboard. She's told Sana that the wine glasses need to stay on one shelf because any higher and she struggles to reach them. Part of her thinks Sana finds it funny that she can't reach.

She pours some wine into the glass before handing it to Eunji and placing the wine back in the fridge.

"You know you don't need to buy alcohol just for me," Eunji tells her once again because she's already had this discussion with her girlfriend. Every time she spends the day or the night at Chorong's apartment, her girlfriend always has a bottle of wine in the fridge should she want something to drink.

Occasionally Chorong will have a couple of sips and a few times she's actually had a glass of wine to herself but that has only happened on rare occasions such as Eunji's birthday.

"I don't mind," Chorong replies. "Your apartment is always filled with food for me, why shouldn't I cater to your needs?"

"My needs?" Eunji questions playfully. "You make me sound like an alcoholic."

"I'm saying nothing."

Eunji gasps lightly and smacks her girlfriend's in a playful manner. "How dare you."

Chorong chuckles before taking her girlfriend's hand in her own and leading them towards the couch before sitting down. "What did you want to talk to me about?"

"There's no beating around the bush with you is there?"

"Sorry," she mumbles quietly. She hadn't meant the question to just come out that quickly but ever since Eunji told her she needed to talk a couple of hours ago, Chorong hasn't been able to stop thinking about what could be on her girlfriend's mind.

Of course the curiosity about what Eunji wants to talk about has been coupled with the knowledge that Bomi is in love with her.

She still can't wrap her head around that announcement.

If she hadn't been in the adjoining cubicle and heard it inadvertently, would Bomi have ever told her?

It's understandable that Bomi hasn't told Chorong her true feelings because announcing you're in love with somebody isn't something you just say, especially in their predicament. She knew Bomi felt something for her but part of her still worried that she was a game to the blonde.

Bomi's past and what she's been told about the woman made her slightly worried that Bomi was using her.

Knowing that the blonde is in love with her has caused those worries to be subdued somewhat but there are still a few lingering in the back of her mind.

"Some of the 10th graders at my school are going on a skiing holiday the second week in March," Eunji tells her girlfriend before sipping her wine and placing the glass back on the coffee table.

Chorong frowns slightly at the fact that Eunji didn't put her glass on a coaster. It's such a simple thing to do and she has asked her girlfriend time and time again to do it but Eunji seems to ignore her and constantly puts it straight on her wooden coffee table.

She's sure Eunji doesn't do it on purpose but it frustrates her nevertheless.

She picks up one of the coaster and slides it under the glass.

Eunji grimaces guiltily. "Sorry, I guess I forgot."

Chorong brings her eyes to the other side of the table where the wood has been stained by a water ring. "You always do," she mumbles, too quiet enough for Eunji to hear. She pinches the bridge of her nose before looking at Eunji again.

"Where are they going skiing?"

"They're going to Bormio, an Italian skiing resort for ten days."

"Wow, fancy."

Eunji brushes some of her hair out of her eyes. "Well, Yoseob was supposed to be one of the teachers going on the trip."

"Who?"

"Yoseob, you've met him before," Eunji tells her. "He's middle aged, very small and teaches Math."

Chorong visualises the description her girlfriend gives her and soon enough, the image of Yoseob fills her mind. It's a little cloudy since she has only met him once. Eunji had a work party to attend and Chorong played the doting girlfriend and accompanied her, even though Eunji had warned her that the work parties were always insanely boring and told her she didn't have to come.

Chorong had gone anyway because she wanted to meet the people Eunji worked with every day. She wanted to show her girlfriend that she was interested in her job.

Interestingly, she never accompanied Eunji to the annual Christmas party.

"Supposed to be going?"

"He's not going to be able to now. His wife has just found out that she has cancer and obviously he doesn't want to leave her."

"The poor woman," Chorong murmurs quietly under her breath. "As awful as that is, what does it have to do with you?"

Her girlfriend fiddles with her fingers nervously. "I put my name down to be a chaperone months ago and they told me they didn't need me but now they do. They've asked me to take Yoseob's place on the trip."

"You're going skiing?"

"I can tell them I can't make it; I can make up some excuse if you don't want me to go."

Chorong swallows before shaking her head. "No, don't be silly. I'm sure you'd love to try skiing, why would you want to pass up the opportunity to go on a skiing holiday?"

"The bunch of adolescents that I'm accompanying is a pretty big turn off."

Chorong chuckles softly. "I'm sure they're not all bad, didn't you tell me that one of your Arts students was lovely and reminded you of somebody?"

"Yoobin," Eunji confirms. "Yeah, she's one of the few 10th graders I actually like. She reminds me of Bomi actually."

"Really? How?"

Eunji shrugs her shoulders. "I don't really know. In terms of her looks, she looks exactly how Bomi did when she was 16 and personality wise, she's very Bomi. It's hard to explain."

"Is she going on the trip?"

"Yeah, but one person that I like shadowed between thirty others that I don't like isn't very good odds."

Chorong gives her girlfriend's hand a squeeze. "I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time."

"So you're okay with me going?"

"Why wouldn't I be?"

Eunji shrugs again and picks up her glass of wine. "I don't know."

Chorong scratches an itch above her eyebrow. "Why did you say that Hayoung and Namjoo wouldn't like the news? What problem could they possibly have with you going on holiday with your school?" Chorong asks in a confused manner. "You said the trip was the second week in March so you're not going to miss their wedding."

"No, just their bachelorette parties."

"I thought they hadn't decided what to do for their bachelorette parties yet? I know Namjoo hasn't."

Since the two women had some of the same friends, Chorong, Bomi and Eunji had been told that they were expected to attend both parties instead of just one.

She thinks back to the meal after the dress fitting where Namjoo had explained to her bridesmaids that the plans surrounding her bachelorette party had yet to be finalised as she looked at Naeun expectedly.

As the maid of honour it is duty to arrange something.

She quietly wonders what Bomi will arrange for Hayoung.

"Hayoung hasn't either," Eunji says. "At least not officially but I heard Bomi talking about Gwangju as an idea and if that's the case, there's a high probability I'll miss it. I'm going to be landing back in Seoul on March 21st and if I know Hayoung, she won't want her party night to be that close to her wedding."

"Neither will Namjoo," Chorong adds. "It's hardly your fault; the school has requested that you go on this trip. They'll understand."

"I'm telling Hayoung tomorrow, I'm supposed to be having lunch with her and Bbom, if she shows up."

"Why wouldn't Bomi show up?"

"She's been really distant lately. I don't know if something is wrong with her or whether I've done something to upset her or piss her off but she seemed to be avoiding me."

Chorong swallows nervously. "I'm sure you're just being paranoid."

Eunji looks at her girlfriend briefly and nods slowly. She had been paranoid regarding Chorong's faithfulness to her so her girlfriend is probably right; she's probably just paranoid about Bomi.

She finishes her glass of wine in one fell swoop and ensures that she places it on the coaster this time.

"Do you want another glass?"

Eunji shakes her head before covering as she yawns. "I'm good thanks babe; I could do with just going to bed."

"I'll just wash your glass and then I'll be in." Picking up the glass, she scoots past Eunji and heads towards the kitchen.

Her eyes drop momentarily before she forces them open. She's just finished washing the wine glass when hands wrap around her waist from behind and lips starts placing feather like kisses on her shoulder.

Chorong stills at the contact. She and Eunji haven't been intimate since before Christmas, nearly two months ago and she knows that Eunji has been wondering why, even if her girlfriend doesn't voice her concerns.

It's ridiculous and unbelievably stupid but somewhere in the back of her head is the thought that by allowing things to progress with Eunji, she is being dishonest and unfaithful to Bomi.

Why that bothers her though, she doesn't know. For all she knows, Bomi engaged in ual with Naeun a couple of weeks ago after their date and who knows if Naeun is the only girl that has captured Bomi's attention in the last couple of months.

Bomi doesn't have to prove anything to Chorong; she doesn't need to be faithful to her so for all Chorong knows, the blonde could have a harem of women in her apartment every night.

Just because she admitted to Hayoung that she was in love with Chorong doesn't mean she's decided to become celibate. Perhaps the knowledge that she's in love and can't act on it is pushing Bomi towards other women.

She shakes her head at her thoughts. She's the person in a relationship; she shouldn't feel guilty about hurting Bomi's feelings.

She should feel guilty about hurting Eunji. Her girlfriend.

When her momentary paralysis seems to have ended, she spins around in her girlfriend's arms and presses her lips against Eunji's. Her hands find a home on the auburn-haired woman's hip as Eunji's tongue makes contact with her own.

For the briefest of moments, she loses herself in Eunji's touch. She loses herself and just enjoys the feel of Eunji's lips against her neck once more. She forgets about everything else, but the moment is quickly shattered.

As her girlfriend's hand trail underneath her sweater, she's reminded of the last bittersweet kiss she shared with Bomi.

How Bomi's hands had delicately run over her skin, trailing her stomach as lightly as possible yet she still managed to leave a lasting impact.

How Bomi's hands had moved higher, much like Eunji's are doing right now.

How Chorong wouldn't have told Bomi to stop if the blonde hadn't stopped herself.

She pulls away from Eunji and pinches the bridge of her nose.

"What's wrong?"

"I'm just really tired." She feigns a yawn to try and make her reason sound more plausible. "I just want to go to bed."

Eunji leans forward and resumes kissing her girlfriend's neck. "I thought that was where we heading."

"I thought you were tired too."

"I suddenly feel wide awake."

Chorong swallows hard and closes her eyes at the sensation running through her body as Eunji's mouth continues kissing her neck, nipping lightly every now and again. "I'm not in the mood, Eunji."

That causes Eunji to pull back and she runs her fingers through her hair. "You never seem to be in the mood anymore, what's going on?"

"Nothing is going on, I'm just tired. Are you suggesting that because I don't want to have with you right now, there has to be something wrong?"

"No, of course not," Eunji replies quickly as she attempts to backtrack. "It's just…" She fiddles with the hem of Chorong's sweater in her fingers and Chorong doesn't stop her because she knows that Eunji isn't going to try anything else. "I miss you, I feel like something has shifted in our relationship and not in a good way."

"What do you mean?"

"I don't want to sound pathetic and that all I care about is but we haven't slept together in months and every time I try to start something, you always push me away," Eunji explains before ducking her. "Do you not find me attractive anymore?"

The question is asked with such fragility and worry that it breaks Chorong's heart. She stares at her girlfriend's auburn locks that frame her face perfectly, the very locks that she used to love wrapping around her finger as they kissed. The dark brown eyes that she used to be able to spend hours just staring into because they had some mystical power over her. The body that is fit for a model and that Chorong spent hours envying because Eunji didn't seem to have any body issues.

Sometimes when they've slept together, Chorong has wanted to cover up because she doesn't look as good as Eunji but Eunji constantly tells that she looks perfect and that she loves her.

Everything about her.

And Chorong loves everything about Eunji, she does. She just wonders whether it's in the same way.

"Of course I do, you're gorgeous Eunji."

"Is something else wrong then?"

Chorong's tongue subconsciously darts out and her lips. "Nothing is wrong, I'm just…I'm really not in the mood tonight."

Eunji tugs down on her bottom lip and Chorong can tell that her girlfriend doesn't believe her. That Eunji knows something else is the matter, something that Chorong won't admit to.

"I might head back to my place tonight."

"I thought you were staying here," Chorong questions nervously.

"I was –"

Chorong entwines their fingers. "I don't want you to leave, I want you to stay." She gives her girlfriend a tender kiss to the cheek to ensure that her girlfriend believes her and sighs in relief when she feels Eunji smile against her lips. "I'm sorry."

"You have nothing to apologise for," Eunji tells her. "I'm sorry for pushing the whole issue."

"You're not pushing it." Chorong brushes some of her hair behind her ear. "Do you want to go to bed?"

Eunji bobs her head slowly and kisses Chorong softly one last time.


 

Her fingers drum against her desk anxiously, her eyes fixated on the clock which hangs above Sunyoung's office. She only has thirty minutes left before she can finish work. Since it's Valentines Day and she's single, she and Naeun have agreed to drink, eat chocolate and enjoy each other's company.

Who needs a relationship?

For the first time in weeks, she has actually managed to keep her workload under control and all the necessary articles are written and ready.

If she has to take one positive from trying to stay away from Chorong, even though she's pretty sure it's the only one, it's that she's now more focused on her work. Sunyoung hasn't accused her of being lazy in about two weeks and that's a record for the woman.

Whether her ability to focus is because she's free of distractions or simply because she needs a distraction she's not sure.

"Have you decided what we're doing for my bachelorette party yet?" Hayoung asks as she sits on Bomi's desk, kicking her feet aimlessly. "Don't try to be hilarious and organise a male stripper as some form of joke."

"What about a female stripper?"

Hayoung thinks about it for a while and the corner of curls upwards before she shakes her head. "Namjoo would kill me if I had a stripper."

"Noted," Bomi mumbles under her breath. The idea of a stripper hadn't even crossed her mind so being told she can't organise one doesn't really bother her. "You may be surprised to hear that I've actually had a brilliant idea."

"Really?"

Bomi nods. "How would you feel about a road trip to Gwangju?"

"Gwangju?" Hayoung repeats. "How do you think I'd feel about that Bomi-ah? Of course I want to go to Gwangju."

Bomi smiles proudly. "I thought you'd approve."

Hayoung grins at her. "Although obviously when you say road trip, that's not going to be happening. We're flying."

She pales at the thought of flying. Hayoung isn't aware of her fear of flying because Bomi's never admitted it to anybody but Eunji, but Gwangju has always appealed to her and the fact that they can drive there made it even more appealing. "What's wrong with a good old fashioned road trip?"

"We live in Seoul, you are aware of how long it will take us to drive there right?" Hayoung states. "If we head to Gwangju on Friday after work, by the time we get there, we'll have to drive straight back. That will be the worst bachelorette party in history."

Bomi exhales heavily. "Right, of course."

Hayoung her head to the side. "Hold up a minute, are you afraid of flying?"

"What? Of course not. I just thought a road trip would be fun."

"You are," Hayoung says, ignoring her friend's denial. "Why would you suggest Gwangju if you're afraid of flying?"

"I thought we could drive," Bomi answers quietly.

Hayoung sighs lightly before fiddling with her fingers. "I guess it's back to the drawing board for you then, good luck coming up with something better than Gwangju."

"We don't need to change plans; we can still go to Gwangju."

"No offence Bomi, but I'm not spending two hours with you on a plane while you freak out about being in the air and worry that the plane is going to crash."

As frightening and truthful as that statement is, her friend's eyes lit up when she mentioned Gwangju. Even though she doesn't want to fly, she's not letting her friend down.

"I'll be fine, we're going to Gwangju."

"Are you sure?" Hayoung asks carefully because no matter how much she wants to go, she doesn't want Bomi to do something she's afraid of just for her. "I don't mind doing something like paintballing or a drunken girls' night out."

"Gwangju was my idea and that's what we're doing."

"When?" Hayoung questions with a hint of glee in her voice.

Bomi shrugs her shoulders. "Why don't you figure out when you have a weekend free from wedding planning and we can book the tickets."

Hayoung bobs her head quickly and opens to say something but the sound of Bomi's phone vibrating against the desk causes to close. Bomi picks it up and blinks quickly when she sees the name Chorong flashing at her.

"Are you going to answer that Bbom?"

Her finger hovers nervously over the reject button before she sighs lightly. "Do you mind?" She questions and although Hayoung huffs, she jumps off the desk and returns to her own desk. When she's confident that her friend is out of ear-shot, she presses the answer button.

"Hello."

"I wasn't sure you were going to answer."

"I almost didn't."

Chorong sighs into the phone. "I'm glad that you did."

Bomi presses her hand against her forehead at the sound of Chorong's voice. How is it possible for the brunette to have this much of an affect over her?

"How can I help you?"

"Can you meet me?"

"Is something wrong?"

"No."

Bomi glances around to double check that Hayoung isn't lingering somewhere. "I'm not sure that's a good idea."

"Please," Chorong pleads into the phone.

She tugs her bottom lip between her teeth and bites down hard. "I'm at work."

"After you've finished then?"

If she keeps making excuses then Chorong will keep batting them away and continuingly ask Bomi to meet her. So in order to save them both some time and effort, Bomi sighs reluctantly into the phone.

"Where?"

"Yeouido Park, by the entrance closer to your office?"

She looks at the clock before starting to drum her free fingers against the desk once more. "I'll be there in about an hour."

"Thank you Bomi."

"Okay."

She hangs up before Chorong can say anything else and buries her head in her hands. She only needed to do one thing, stay away from Chorong. It's been two weeks since she decided to take Hayoung's second option and Hayoung's and Namjoo's dress fitting five days ago had been the first time she had seen or spoken to the brunette.

That meeting had been unavoidable though.

Meeting Chorong in an hour on the other hand is completely avoidable yet it's not going to stop her.


 

In an attempt to keep her hands warm, she shoves them into her pockets. Her dad always has cold hands due to his poor circulation and it seems that she has inherited that unfortunate trait. She leans against the railing of the ice ring and waits for Bomi. People constantly skate past her and when she looks at them, she can see couples holding hands, couples stealing a kiss before falling and couples helping each other back up.

Today is Valentines Day after all; they're all probably enjoying a date with the person they love.

A woman skates past her quickly before falling rather ungracefully and even though she can imagine that fall hurt, Chorong has to stifle a laugh. Somebody else is laughing quietly to themselves as they skate towards her and extend their hand to help the woman up. Chorong watches the couple silently and her heart pangs with jealously at the simple yet somehow romantic gesture.

She's never been ice skating before and even though she's walked past this ice rink countless times by herself and with Eunji, she's never ventured onto it.

"Did you call me to come here so we could skate?"

Chorong brings her attention from the ice rink and over her shoulder to see Bomi standing a short distance away from her, suitably dressed for the cold weather with all the usual apparel, a hat, scarf and a pair of gloves. She turns around so she's facing the blonde and can't help but smile at the pinkness gracing her cheeks.

She's unsure whether the pinkness is due to the cold weather or if Bomi is blushing.

Since the dress fitting the other day, the knowledge that Bomi is in love with her hasn't left her mind. It's all she can think about. Right now as she stares at the blonde, that knowledge hits her full force once more.

Bomi is irrevocably gorgeous, it's irrefutable to try and deny that and from what Chorong has been told about Bomi, she can have anybody she wants. Something which she apparently uses to her advantage.

As a result, the fact that Bomi wants her and that she's in love with her is overwhelming.

Even though she knows Eunji wants her, there's something about Bomi wanting her that's different. Eunji wants her because she's her girlfriend whereas Bomi doesn't do relationships. Instead the blonde opts for one-night stands, never allowing herself time to care for somebody.

Yet Bomi cares for her.

She's in love with her.

Something about her has caused Bomi to fall in love with her and she doesn't know what.

"No," Chorong replies after Bomi clears . "I can't skate."

Her head tilts to the side and she sends a lop-sided smile in the brunette's direction. "You can't skate?"

"In fairness, I've never actually attempted ice skating so I can't say with absolute certainty that I can't skate. I may be great at it."

"You never know."

"That may be true but I guess until I try, we won't find out."

Bomi takes a seat forward and exhales heavily, watching the steam leave . "Do you want to try now?"

Chorong glances over her shoulder to the ice rink. "Not really."

"Really?" Bomi says as she comes to stand beside her friend. "I personally find ice skating rather freeing."

"You fall over."

"Only if you're not very good."

"Are you good?"

Bomi shrugs her shoulders lightly. "I'm alright, not magnificent but I know how to skate. My dad used to take me to this rink every Christmas when I was little."

"I'm sure you're simply being modest."

The blonde gives Chorong a half smile before crossing her arms and resting them on the railings. "Why did you call me? This really contradicts the whole staying away from each other thing."

"I'm aware that calling you out of the blue was disregarding what you told me the other week but I just –" Chorong scuffs her feet against the ground nervously. "I wanted to see you."

Even though her heart soars with adoration at that statement, Bomi shakes her head. "Chorong –"

"I know calling you and requesting that you meet me after work was incredibly bold. I mean, it's Valentine's Day, you could have had company this evening or plans so I apologise if I've disrupted anything."

"You do realise you ramble right?"

"I have been told that, yes."

"As long as you already know." She tugs at her hat gently, pulling it down that little bit further so her ears received more protection from the blistering cold. "It may have bold of you to think I wouldn't have company or plans but it was correct nevertheless."

"Why don't you have plans?"

"I just don't," Bomi deadpans. "Shouldn't you be spending today with Eunji?"

"I'm supposed to be seeing her in about an hour," Chorong answers quietly. "Its parent-teacher conference night at her school tonight, although I'm sure most parents won't show since its Valentine's Day and they probably already have plans. Eunji isn't going to finish work till about 8."

Bomi glances at her watch to see that it is a little after 6.30. "I'm sure she'll have something amazing planned for you, she's always loved Valentine's Day. She's a hopeless romantic at heart."

"She's not the only one," Chorong murmurs quietly before furrowing her eyebrows lightly. "Are you not a fan of today?"

Bomi gestures towards the path behind them with her head, silently asking if Chorong wanted to walk with her rather than stay still. The walk will probably help warm them up a little. The other woman bobs her head and follows Bomi lead until they reach the path where she switches positions so she's walking beside the blonde.

"It's not a real holiday; it's just a day that stores and companies use as a way of making money from couples. If you're in a relationship then there's an added expectation to do something romantic and if you're single, you feel like because you have to watch couples fawning over each other while you eat chocolates to yourself and complain about how you don't have somebody to spend Valentine's Day with," Bomi explains, remembering the first Valentine's Day she endured after breaking up with Sohee. She had spent the night complaining to Hayoung about how it was an unfair day and biased towards couples. Why didn't they have a day dedicated to singletons?

Two bottles of wine later and a box of chocolates to herself, Bomi swore never to let Valentine's Day affect her again.

"Wow, pessimistic much?"

"You say pessimistic, I prefer the term realist."

Chorong allows herself to laugh before scuffing her feet against the ground as she walks. "Perhaps the reason you dislike Valentine's Day so much is because you don't have somebody to spend it with?"

Bomi tugs her bottom lip between her teeth. "I'm spending it with you right now."

Even though she shouldn't be here and she knows that Chorong is going to leave shortly to spend the rest of Valentine's Day with her girlfriend, she can't pretend that it isn't nice to see Chorong.

She used to smile at the sight of Chorong but now she's realised that she's actually love with her, she smiles whenever the brunette crosses her mind. Right now, she just wants to take Chorong's hand in her own and act like they're a couple.

Just for a second.

Nobody would know.

Chorong's cheeks hold a tinge of pink and she ducks her head. "Have you ever spent Valentine's Day with somebody?"

Bomi places her right hand in her pocket so she won't be tempted to hold Chorong's left hand. "Yes."

"With Sohee?"

She swallows nervously but nods her head. "Yeah, with her."

"What did you do?"

"Why are you so inquisitive all of a sudden?"

Chorong flinches at the question; she didn't want to annoy the blonde. "I guess nosiness is one of my bad traits."

"You have bad traits?" Bomi says, genuine surprise lacing her voice "Somehow I find that hard to believe."

When Chorong's cheeks darken, Bomi mentally berates herself for saying that because what is happening right now between the two of them is the polar opposite of staying away from each other.

"I'm sorry for prying. I had no right to ask you that."

"I cooked for her and then we watched movies at my house, how cliché right?"

"There's nothing wrong with cliché."

Bomi scoffs silently, not believing Chorong. "It's not what I had initially wanted to do. There was a fair in town for a couple of weeks and the dates coincided with Valentine's Day so I wanted to take her there."

"Why didn't you?"

She glances at Chorong. "We'd only been together for two months and she didn't feel comfortable with the idea of flaunting her lesbian relationship to the world, yet."

A couple of joggers run past Chorong and the shock causes her to step closer to Bomi, almost as if she's seeking protection. Bomi notices the movement in the corner of her eye and even though her head is ordering her to put some distance between them once again, she doesn't move.

"Is that the only time you've been with somebody on this day?"

"No," Bomi replies. "We had another Valentine's Day together but she spent it in Gangneung with her granddad because he was unwell."

"And now you don't like the day."

Maybe Chorong's right; maybe she doesn't like the day as a result of being single. Sure she's spent a couple of Valentines Days in bars picking up single women who are depressed that they're alone but the only time she's actually enjoyed Valentine's Day had been when she spent it with Sohee.

"As lovely as this conversation is, I don't think you wanted to see me to discuss my reasoning behind disliking today."

"No, I didn't."

"Then why did you want to see me?" Bomi questions softly. "We're not supposed to be seeing each other."

She's well aware that she is sounding like a broken record but that doesn't mean that what she is saying is becoming any less true.

"You didn't have to come."

Bomi gives her a half-smile. "Of course I was going to come, Chorong."

It's true, she would probably always come if Chorong asked her to. Naeun was right, no matter how hard she wants to stay away from the brunette, all Chorong needs to do is call her and she's there without too much of a fight.

A part of her hates the hold Chorong has over her without even trying.

Chorong takes a seat on a nearby bench and waits silently for Bomi to sit beside her. The blonde complies immediately and removes her hat, running her fingers through her hair.

It's just one of her many nervous habits.

"Kyungsoo called me the other day."

She whips her head up at Chorong's announcement. Even though she expected him to cast her in The Band's Visit, especially after sending Bomi a thumbs up after Chorong's audition, the fact that Chorong hadn't mentioned the play again caused her to worry that he hadn't casted her.

"What did he say?"

Chorong's face breaks out into a wide grin. "I'm going to be Dina."

Bomi beams at the news, her smile matching Chorong's. Her arms wrap around the other woman before she can stop herself. Chorong relaxes into the hug and smiles as Bomi gives her a slight squeeze with glee.

As Chorong buries her head in the crook of Bomi's neck and inhales the smell of Bomi's perfume, she wonders maybe whether she's in love with her. It's obvious that she has feelings for her and she doesn't bother denying them but she hadn't contemplated the possibility of being in love with Bomi.

She hadn't let herself contemplate it because she wasn't sure how Bomi felt and because she has a girlfriend. Now that she knows how Bomi feels, it causes her to question how deep her feelings actually are rather than pretending that her feelings are just superficial.

After a couple of seconds too long, Bomi releases her hold on the other woman and shuffles further back on the bench.

"Sorry."

"Don't be."

"I can't believe you're going to be on The Seoul Arts Center, performing in the Towol Theater" Bomi gushes with pride. "That's unbelievably amazing Chorong-ah. I knew you'd get a part; Kyungsoo would have been an idiot if he didn't cast you. You're a star."

Her heart warms at the compliment. "I wouldn't have been able to do it without you," Chorong replies. "I still can't believe you organised an audition for me. I don't think anybody has ever done something that nice for me, you really have no idea how much it meant to me."

"I think I have a pretty good idea."

Chorong trails her tongue along her top teeth. "One day I will return the favour and give you something that you've always dreamed of. What do you want? And I'll do my best to arrange it."

Bomi smiles and rakes her eyes over Chorong's body subtly. If she had been asked that question a couple of months ago, her answer would have probably been something shallow and superficial but now she knows exactly what she wants.

Yet again, what she wants is something she can't have.

A couple of months ago she wouldn't have organised something as extravagant as an audition for somebody she barely knew. Chorong was changing so much about her without even trying.

"I told you, give me a free ticket for your opening night and I'll consider your debt paid," Bomi tells her with a playful glint in her eyes.

"So you still want to come to my opening night?"

Bomi her head to the side. "Why wouldn't I?"

"You said we had to stay away from each other."

She looks at the distance, or rather the lack of it, between them on the bench and chuckles dryly. "Yeah, because we're doing such a good job of that right now."