Chapter 37

Untouchable Face

A.N.: There is a slight M scene there. M-ish to be precise, as its narrative is way too direct and short to be classified as M. But yeah, just a heads-up.


 

Most people go through the five stages of grief when somebody they love passes away; it's just a natural way of coping. Some people also go through those stages of grief after a painful break-up. With Chorong, she's currently progressing through each stage, not skipping a single one.

The first step, denial, has been the one Eunji's lingered in the longest. She can't lie and say that part of her is not still floating in and out of this stage because part of her still refuses to believe her relationship with Chorong is over, even though she knows it is. Since finding out about Chorong and Bomi, she hasn't allowed herself to cry. The wedding was an anomaly and only due to shock but since then, she's refused to shed a single tear over the two women.

If she starts crying, she doesn't think she'll be able to stop.

Eunji has definitely dealt with the second step, the anger. Her anger has been more directed towards Bomi than towards Chorong. They're both at fault, she understands that but rather than blame the two of them, she's found it easier to blame Bomi.

It's easier to blame anybody other than the person you're irrevocably in love with.

She dipped into the third stage of grief briefly and tried to bargain with Chorong. Her bargaining mainly took place through phone calls, Eunji uttering the phrases, 'we can try again' or 'I can be better' repeatedly. She's actually rather disgusted by how pathetic she must have seemed. She hates that Chorong has the ability to bring out the side of her that she loathes.

When you love somebody, you love everything about them and you're often initially blinded to their negative aspects but when that love disappears, so does the blind spot you originally possessed. Now Eunji's negative aspects are clear for Chorong to see and vice-versa.

Depression is the stage she's currently in. Every time she sees something of Chorong's in her apartment, her heart twinges with sadness. She still finds it difficult to believe the concept that her yearlong relationship has ended in the blink of an eye. Now it's over and because it ended so brutally, Eunji has to wonder whether the past year has been a waste.

She'll never know whether Chorong loved her in the same way Eunji has always loved her but that has never stopped Eunji from being utterly in love with her.

Possibly the most difficult notion she has to deal with is that she's spent a year giving her heart to somebody who didn't appreciate it or want it.

She hasn't reached the fifth and final stage of acceptance just yet. Eventually she'll be able to accept not only that she can't have Chorong but that Bomi can, but at this moment in time, she's not there yet.

Understandably, it isn't going to happen overnight, even if Chorong and Bomi want it to.

Considering Chorong didn't want to move in with her, for reasons she now understands, she has a plethora of items scattered around Eunji's apartment. If she opens her fridge or her kitchen cupboards, she'll find a myriad of healthy food which is undoubtedly going to go to waste now Chorong's not here to eat it. She could never stomach any of the food, no matter how much Chorong wanted her to like it. Chorong's mug still resides beside the sink and her toothbrush remains in the bathroom.

This is all she has left of Chorong now.

Items which Chorong will eventually come to collect and memories which will gradually start to fade as time passes.

Grabbing a cardboard box, she writes Chorong's name on it before beginning to pack away all of her belongings. The longer she has to look at them, the longer it will take her before she can start thinking about moving on. Eunji opens her dresser and commences removing Chorong's clothes, folding them and neatly placing them in the box. Her fingers run across the final sweater in the drawer. This one isn't Chorong's but it may have well been since Eunji never actually had much of a chance to wear it.

The sweater was something she bought herself a couple of years ago. When Chorong discovered it, she immediately claimed it as her own and slept it in nearly every night she stayed at Eunji's, claiming it was too comfortable not to wear. Chorong said it was customary for a partner to steal something from their better half, be it a hoody or another item of clothing.

Sighing heavily, she folds the top and places it in the box. It may be her sweater but it reminds her too much of Chorong, she'll never wear it again.

The other day when she saw Chorong sitting in the park, she didn't know what to expect when she sat down beside her but the conversation didn't spiral in the direction she hoped. If anything, their conversation only allowed Chorong to prove once more that she and Eunji are not going to have a happy reconciliation.

The way she talks about Bomi is the same way she once talked about Eunji. Chorong's eyes light up at the mention of Bomi and Eunji's heart breaks when she sees it.

Picking up her phone, she dials the number she's learned off by heart. After several rings, Chorong answers.

"Eunji?"

The sound of her voice causes Eunji's eyes to flutter shut. "Hello Chorong."

"I must say, this is certainly a surprise."

"Are you okay? You sound out of breath."

"It's pouring with rain so when you called, I'd been running so I could reach my apartment."

Eunji nods her head even though Chorong can't see her. "I'm packing up your belongings, when do you want to collect it?"

She hears Chorong open and close a door and guesses she must have reached her apartment. "Whenever is best for you. You needn't have packed up my belongings though, I would have done it for you."

"I wanted it to be over and done with," Eunji confesses. "Come over as soon as you can. Like I said, I don't want to prolong this any longer than necessary."

"In that case, I could come now. Unless that's too soon."

"I'll leave the door unlocked for you, just walk in," she replies before hanging up without giving Chorong a chance to say anything more.

One thing is for sure, talking to Chorong doesn't become any easier as more time passes.


 

"Are you sure this is something which needs to be done today?" Sana questions as she locks her car before following Chorong inside Eunji's apartment building. "Surely this is a job which can be saved for another day."

Chorong sighs heavily as she notices the 'out of order' sign hanging across the elevator. "I think Eunji would prefer it if any trace of me was removed from her apartment as soon as possible."

"Are you going to return her belongings to her? I distinctly remember seeing her scarf on the back of the couch this morning."

Chorong shakes her head as the two begin ascending the stairs. "Not today."

"Why not?"

"She didn't ask for them," Chorong tells her. "My logic is that if I don't return them to her today, she'll have to come and collect them at another point which will give me another chance to talk to her."

They reach Eunji's floor and pause outside the door. "Do you want me to come in with you?"

"Thank you but I think it might be best if you wait outside, we need to talk on our own." She pauses before hugging Sana. "I really appreciate you coming with me today."

Sana smiles softly. "Of course I'd come Chorong, but don't forget, I have a date with Momo tonight so if you're going to be a long time, come out and let me know so I can reschedule. I'm not leaving you alone today."

"You needn't reschedule, Bomi is coming round later tonight so I won't be alone." Chorong smiles sadly. "Besides, I can't foresee this conversation lasting too long, I doubt Eunji will want to talk to me."

Even though she knows it's unlocked and Eunji told her to just come in, Chorong still knocks to announce her presence before opening it. "Eunji?" She spies a couple of boxes on the kitchen floor and closes the door behind her. "Eunji, I'm here."

Eunji exits her bedroom and runs her fingers through her hair before gesturing to the boxes. "I think that's everything, although I might have missed something. If I have, I'll send it to your apartment."

"I'm sure you haven't missed anything." Chorong opens one of the boxes and scans the items before frowning as she removes the first sweater. "This isn't mine Eunji, it's yours."

"You stole it from me the first night you stayed over and you never gave me it back."

"I wouldn't say I stole it."

In spite of herself Eunji smiles. "It became your go to sweater to sleep in. I don't want it; you might as well keep it. I won't be wearing it."

"If you're sure," Chorong nods in acquiescence before replacing the article of clothing back inside the box. "I suppose I should be leaving."

"I guess so; you've got what you came for." Chorong picks up one of the boxes. "Are you going to be alright carrying them?"

"I have Sana waiting outside; she'll give me a hand."

"Right."

Chorong walks towards the front door and taps it with her foot, a sign for Sana to open it. She does so before accepting the box from her. She thanks her before watching her walk down the stairs. Turning back around, Chorong walks towards the next box before pausing.

"Bomi didn't do anything with Sohee." The words leave before she can stop them. She's not entirely sure why she felt the need to tell Eunji but she doesn't want the other woman to believe Bomi's as fickle as she clearly expects her to be.

"She managed to resist temptation, good for her."

"You and I both know you don't mean that, you wanted something to happen between the two of them."

"Only so you could see that Bomi isn't the person you think she is."

Chorong puffs out an exasperated breath. "Your opinion of Bomi has been destroyed because of what has happened."

"I think what has happened has given me a good reason to change my opinion of her."

"She's your best friend."

"No, she was my best friend."

Chorong's tongue darts out to her lips. "Bomi makes me happy Eunji, I know you probably don't want to hear that but it's true." Chorong fiddles with her fingers. "Although I'm with Bomi, it doesn't mean I don't want to have you as a friend. Eunji, I don't want to lose you from my life."

"I don't want to lose you from my life either." Eunji sniffs lightly before crossing her arms over her chest. "But none of that matters because I don't think we can be in each other's lives."

"Why not?"

"Because I'm still in love with you Chorong," Eunji shouts before collecting herself. "No matter what has happened, I can't just stop loving you. Do you honestly believe you and I can be friends when I know every day, you're with Bomi? When I know how happy she makes you. It will be a constant reminder that I couldn't make you happy."

"You did make me happy."

"You might think it will be easy to stay friends but it won't be. When you look at me, you see the person you always have. When I look at you, I see the person who broke my heart. I don't want to be reminded of that every single time I see you but I will be."

Chorong bobs her head lightly. "I will continue to apologise to you for as long as you find necessary. I will continue to apologise until you truly understand how sorry I am for what happened."

"I don't need you to apologise constantly," Eunji tells her. "You know, you can apologise once and mean it wholeheartedly but apologising repeatedly doesn't necessarily mean you're any sorrier. It just means you can't think of what else to say to make everything better."

"So are you saying that we can't be in each other's lives?"

"No, that's not what I'm saying." Eunji curls a strand of hair behind her ear. "I'm saying that right now, I can't imagine anything more difficult."

Chorong closes her eyes.

"But there's one thing you have to understand Chorong. In time, I may be able to forgive you and have you in my life but I…I can't do that with Bomi."

"You don't have to completely cut her out of your life."

"You don't understand."

"Then explain it to me."

Eunji sniffs. "I don't have the strength to let her back into my life; you broke my heart but Bomi broke me. In my life, I trusted her the most out of anyone and she hurt me more than I ever thought possible. So you see, it's not as simple as you think for me to let her back into my life because if I did, I would be terrified that one day she'd hurt me again. I wouldn't be able to cope with that."

Chorong tilts her head to the side. "But if you and I are going to eventually end up being somewhat amicable with one another, Bomi will be there too. You can't have me in your life without having Bomi as well."

Eunji clears . "Then I suppose we've reached a dead end."


 

Chorong unlocks her front door before pausing to give Bomi a quick peck. There's something so incredibly invigorating about being able to kiss one another without worrying or fearing somebody might see them. Bomi fists her hands into Chorong's coat, and pulls in her for another kiss. She pushes Chorong against the front door before kissing her with more fervour.

"Bbom-ah," Chorong breathes out. "We need to go inside. I don't really think Mrs Kang will appreciate it if she comes out and catches us like this."

Bomi pulls back with a lazy smile. "I'm sorry, I just…it's hard to keep my hands off you." They haven't had since Gwangju and although Bomi wants to bring the issue up, she understands it's not the most pressing one they have to face.

Bomi opens the door, allowing Chorong to step inside first and Chorong's stomach flips at the chivalrous action. As they get to know each other more, she's learning how amazingly gallant Bomi can be, whether it be opening car doors for her or surprising her with flowers. Once they're both safely inside, Bomi closes the door. Chorong throws her keys into the bowl on the kitchen counter noticing that Sana's keys are absent. She mentioned her date with Momo but she hadn't stated where they were spending the night. Chorong can only hope they settle on Momo's, she doesn't want Sana and Momo to interrupt her night with Bomi.

Her date with Bomi.

Removing her coat, she throws it on the back of the couch, covering Eunji's scarf which still rested there. Chorong carries the takeaway they picked up on their way to her apartment into the kitchen and begins unpacking the takeaway boxes.

She glances at Bomi to find the woman still standing by the door. "You are allowed to remove your jacket you know, or are you planning on going somewhere?"

Bomi chuckles before doing as requested. She hangs it up on the coat hook beside the door and drops her bag to the floor. Walking towards Chorong, she wraps her arms around her waist and drops a kiss on her shoulder. "Why would I want to be anywhere but here?"

Chorong smiles widely and nestles comfortably into Bomi's hold as the other woman starts peppering kisses up and down her neck. "There's a bottle of wine in the fridge if you care to open it."

"Would you like a glass?"

Her eyes flutter shut as Bomi's lips make contact with her neck once more. "No, thank you. I'll just have water."

Bomi's arms loosen their hold on her and Chorong can hear Bomi opening the fridge.

"You don't mind if I have a glass do you?"

Chorong spins around so she's facing Bomi. "I wouldn't have offered if I minded."

Nodding slowly, Bomi starts opening the cupboards in search of glasses. Eventually she finds them and grabs a wine glass and a regular one for Chorong. She fills a glass with water and hands it to Chorong before opening the bottle of wine and pouring herself a rather large glass.

Bomi sips her wine slowly before making her way around Chorong's apartment. "How come we spend practically every night at my apartment? " She asks, admiring all the home comforts Chorong's place has to offer. Every item seems to have a personalised touch. "Your place is cosier than mine."

Chorong opens the takeaway boxes and starts dishing out the food for the pair of them. "You mustn't forget that while you have the freedom of living alone, I happen to live with a rather boisterous and nosey roommate."

"You say that as if I dislike Sana," Bomi replies. "I know I haven't really met her much but she seems sweet. You wouldn't be best friends if she wasn't."

"She is my best friend but it doesn't alter the fact she loves gossip and has a habit of spreading it."

"What gossip can she possible spread? I think the secret of us might already be out," Bomi says with a grin. "Can I go leave my bag in your room?"

"You don't need to ask Bomi, what is it you said to me? Mi casa es tu casa."

"You're going to regret saying that when I start leaving my underwear everywhere," she tells her with a short laugh. She picks her bag off the floor before heading towards Chorong's bedroom. Since the last four dates they've had have culminated in staying the night at her apartment, Bomi suggested they have a change of scenery and stay at Chorong's. Now she's here, something feels different. This apartment had been Eunji's second home for nearly a year and Bomi can't help but feel as though she's invading it.

She drops the bag haphazardly in front of the dresser before glancing around the bedroom. She hasn't actually stepped foot in Chorong's bedroom before. Her eyes land on a photograph which rests on the bedside table and swallows hard. Taking a couple of steps forward, she touches the photograph gingerly before tracing it with her finger.

After their break-up, she didn't expect Chorong to erase every single trace of Eunji from her apartment but she has to admit, she presumed photographs would have been one of the first items Chorong moved.

After her break-up with Sohee, Bomi burned nearly all of the photographs of the two of them, finding it hurt too much to look at them and be reminded of a happier time.

"Are you okay in here?" Chorong questions as she appears in the doorway. "It doesn't take this long to drop off your bag." Bomi turns around at the voice, now holding the photograph. Chorong tugs her bottom lip between her teeth. "Bomi –"

"You and Eunji look happy."

"That's because we were."

Bomi stares at the photograph for a couple more seconds, memorising the way Eunji's mouth rests against Chorong's cheek and how Chorong's smile reaches her eyes. She places it back in its original position. "When was it taken?"

"We'd been dating for a couple of months. It was my parents' wedding anniversary and they came to Seoul to celebrate. Just in case you were worried, that picture was taken long before I met you."

"It's a lovely photograph," Bomi tells her before brushing past Chorong. "We should eat. The food is probably going cold."

"We can heat it up, that's what microwaves are for." Chorong catches Bomi's wrist, stilling her. "Are you alright?"

"Of course I am, why wouldn't I be?"

"You came into my bedroom with a smile on your face but now your entire demeanour has shifted and your smile has disappeared."

Bomi pinches the bridge of her nose. "You know, you never told me what you and Eunji discussed when you bumped into her in the park."

Chorong furrows her brow. "Yes I did."

"Not in detail."

"We talked about Sohee and why she called her."

"Is that it?"

"That was the general gist, yes."

Bomi tugs on her ear gently. "Did she say she wanted you back?"

"Not in so many words. I told her that we could be friends, that I don't want her to be out of my life. She told me friendship isn't what she wanted from me but that's about it. If you're asking me if she physically said the words 'I want you back', then the answer is no."

"Friendship," Bomi mumbles. "That's all you want from her."

"Is that a statement or a question? If it's the latter, where is it coming from?" Chorong tilts her head to the side. "Is this because of the photograph?"

"That's not answering my question."

"So it was a question." Chorong closes her eyes. " I would love it if we could remain friends but I do not want to reignite my relationship with Eunji."

"Why haven't you moved the photograph? Put it in a drawer, hidden it from view or done something. I would have."

"Are you jealous of a photograph Bomi?"

Bomi shakes her head. "I'm not jealous of a photograph, I'm jealous of what it represents. You had a yearlong relationship with her and that picture proves that at one point, you were blissfully happy with her. You have all these memories with her, memories you can't erase, memories I can't replace."

Bomi curls some hair behind her ear before grabbing Chorong's hand and leading her towards the bed before sitting down. "When you and Eunji were dating and I realised I liked you, I became insanely jealous because she could do everything I wanted to do with you. She could hold you and kiss you and spend every minute of the day with you while I stayed on the side-lines, wishing that I could have that with you, even if just for a second."

"I don't want –"

"What happens if you stop saying no to her Chorong?" Bomi asks. Her voice breaking as she speaks. "I don't want to lose you, not when I've just got you."

Chorong opens before closing it when no words form. It's the first time she's heard Bomi sound so vulnerable. She has noticed Bomi doesn't seem to be good at opening up so this is coming as quite a shock to Chorong.

Cupping Bomi's cheek, Chorong forces her to look at her. "I am not going to get back together with Eunji. I love you."

"You loved her once upon a time."

"Is this all because I forgot to move the photograph?" Chorong huffs and stands from the bed. She grabs the photographs and opens the drawer before dropping the picture inside. "Is that better?"

"Do you think I'm over-reacting Chorong? You want Eunji to be part of your life and I hope that for your sake, she can be, but she's your ex-girlfriend. I think I have a right to be worried that one day, you might realise you've made a mistake leaving her for me."

"How long have you been keeping this inside?"

Bomi rubs the back of her neck. "Since the wedding," she admits.

Chorong takes a seat beside Bomi once more and holds her hands. "Listen to me; you have no need to worry about Eunji. She and I are over and I will not leave you for her." Chorong brushes some of Bomi's hair out of her eyes. "But since Eunji is the prime topic of our conversation, I have to tell you something. Earlier this morning she called me. She wanted to let me know she's packed up my belongings. I collected them before I met you."

"Why didn't you tell me? I would have come with you."

"I highly doubt flaunting our new relationship would have helped matters," Chorong says lightly. "Sana gave me a hand."

"I see. What happened?"

Chorong tugs her bottom lip between her teeth before playing with Bomi's fingers. "She said she might eventually be able to forgive me."

The corner of Bomi's mouth curls up. "That's fantastic; I'm really pleased to hear that." She ducks her head nervously. "Did she say anything about me?"

Chorong closes her eyes before swallowing a bob in . "No." She knows she shouldn't have lied but she doesn't want to hurt Bomi, not when she's already vulnerable.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Of course you can."

"What made you fall for me?"

Out of all the possible questions which could fall from Bomi's lips, she hadn't been expecting that one.

"Everything." She places a kiss on Bomi's pulse point. "You're y." Another kiss is placed underneath her ear. "Funny." Her lips move towards Bomi's cheek. "You make me feel safe." She kisses the corner of Bomi's mouth. "Most importantly, you're you. I defy anybody not to fall for you."

Against her better nature, Bomi blushes. "You're not so bad yourself."

Chorong releases a burst of laughter before burying her head in the crook of Bomi's neck. "Now can I ask you something?"

"Shoot."

"I've been waiting for the right time to bring this up and I suppose now is as good a time as any. The other day, when Sohee appeared…" Chorong leans back so she can look directly at Bomi. "You called me your girlfriend."

"Did I?"

"Not in those words but you said, 'I can't talk to my ex-girlfriend when my current one is here.'"

Bomi grins lightly. "I'm not hearing a question Chorong."

"Did you mean it?"

"Why wouldn't I?" Bomi questions. "Maybe I could have done it in a more romantic way but I kind of took it for granted that we were together. Was I wrong?"

"No," Chorong says quickly. "I just wanted to make sure you meant what you said and it wasn't just a slip of the tongue."

"I meant it." Bomi grins and places her hand on Chorong's thigh. "Consider yourself my girlfriend." Chorong beams happily. "How about we just stay here and eat the food in bed?"

Chorong grimaces at the mere thought. "I am aware that eating in bed may appeal to some people but everybody forgets about the aftermath of eating in bed. Crumbs and pieces of food many end up in the blankets and you end up discovering them for the next few days."

"Is that a no?"

"I didn't say no but I would prefer to eat on a plate, preferably sitting at a table."

"I can handle a few crumbs," Bomi teases playfully. "Unless of course you want to do something else…" She allows the statement to linger in the air.

"Like what?"

Bomi rolls her eyes because Chorong is actually not playing dumb; she has no idea what Bomi is alluding to. She places a kiss on the corner of Chorong's mouth. "What do you think?"

Chorong's eyes widen as Bomi's fingers begin undoing the buttons on her shirt. "Oh you mean –"

Bomi continues undoing Chorong's buttons before sliding the shirt off her shoulders. She kisses Chorong tenderly, pushing her back so she's lying on the bed. "Yeah, ual . As you would say."

Chorong can't help but laugh at the words. "You know, I think I prefer it when you use cuss words. It gives it a little something extra."

Bomi drops kisses down Chorong's neck, scraping her teeth against one of Chorong's favourite spots, as her fingers gently trail over the other woman's rib bones, leaving goose-bumps in their wake. "Noted."

Chorong grabs the hem of Bomi's dress and gives it a forceful tug, a silent command to remove it. Bomi sits up and obliges immediately before straddling Chorong's thighs. "You are gorgeous," she whispers before capturing Chorong's mouth with her own. When Bomi's tongue meet Chorong's, both girls release a guttural moan.

"Remind me again why we haven't been in this situation since Gwangju?" Bomi asks, although she isn't really searching for an answer. Her fingers play with the button on Chorong's jeans before popping it open."

"We have had other things on our mind."

Bomi pulls the zipper of Chorong's jeans down teasingly before tugging on them. Chorong raises her hips to aid the other woman in removing the jeans. As Bomi's eyes trace over Chorong's underwear clad body, she doesn't believe she'll ever grow tired of seeing Chorong like this.

Of being with Chorong like this.

"God, you're ing beautiful."

Chorong blushes at both the obscenity and the compliment. "You're not so bad yourself," she repeats Bomi's earlier words before sitting up ever so slightly and unclasping her own bra. Bomi's eyes noticeably darken at the sight before her tongue darts out to her lips hungrily.

Bomi reattaches her lips to Chorong's neck, nipping and biting in between soft kisses, shivering when Chorong's blunt nails scratch her back. She rocks her hips forward and Chorong's breath grows heavy. Her left hand comes to rest on Chorong's left while nimble fingers tweak and pinch a rosy . Her right hand falls and brushes against the damp patch of Chorong's underwear causing Chorong's eyes to flutter shut the second Bomi's fingers caress her. The girl raises her hips and Bomi drags the underwear down her legs before tossing them over.

When Bomi finally touches her bare center, the only sound which can be heard in the room is the strangled moan Chorong releases. Once Bomi's fingers begin moving, Chorong's eyes slam shut and she tugs her bottom lip between her teeth.

"Yes."

Eager to please, Bomi swipes her thumb across the swollen nub, evoking a hip buck from Chorong and yet another strangled moan.

Chorong tangles her hands in blonde locks, tugging gently as Bomi raises her head from abusing the skin around Chorong's before crashing their lips together as her fingers start working inside the girl. With every and curl, Chorong's breath grows increasingly ragged and her moans increase in volume. Her hips keep bucking frantically and her hands tighten in Bomi's hair, painfully so.

The unmistakable sound of the front door opening and closing causes Chorong's hand to shoot down to Bomi's wrist, stilling her ministrations.

"What's wrong babe?" Bomi asks. Chorong's eyes are still tightly shut and Bomi can feel herself growing concerned. "Are you alright? Did I do something wrong?"

Chorong brings her hand up to cover Bomi's mouth, silencing anything else she may say. Confused, Bomi stays where she is until Chorong gives her a bob of the head, a sign she takes to mean she can continue. Within seconds, Chorong's hand is stopping Bomi once more.

Bomi rests her forehead against Chorong's, concerned. "Why are you stopping me? Am I hurting you?"

"I think we are not alone anymore."

"What?"

"Chorong, are you in?"

Bomi grins wickedly. "Oh, it’s fine, I can be quick."

The uncomfortable sensation between her legs tempts her to agree to Bomi's suggestion but she can't pretend she isn't slightly aghast at the mere though. "We are not continuing this with Sana in the next room, she'll hear us."

Bomi buries her head in the crook of Chorong's neck. "Not if you're quiet."

"We can't."

Relenting, Bomi rolls off Chorong and sighs heavily. "I can't believe this. I know I said earlier I liked Sana but her timing leaves something to be desired."

"Chorong?" Sana's voice echoes through the apartment. "We're home."

Chorong reaches for the blanket at the foot of her bed and throws it over her, causing Bomi to laugh. "Are you seriously trying to hide from your roommate?"

Her hand reaches for Bomi's before tugging her underneath the blanket to join her. "Momo's here as well. If we stay quiet, they might just go to her room and not even realise we're here."

"Our coats are out there, so are the takeaway boxes." Bomi pecks Chorong's nose. "Are you ashamed of me?"

"Oh no Bomi, let's get one thing straight. I'm not ashamed of you, I'm ashamed of them, do you realise how much they'll love this?"

Bomi smirks before climbing out of the bed and throwing her dress back on.

"Hiding isn't going to make them go away. They know you're here."

"Unnie?"

Chorong growls through frustration at Sana's voice before wrapping the blanket around her and climbing out of bed, trying to ignore the uncomfortable sensation between her legs.

"I'll be out in a minute Sana."

Chorong runs her fingers through her hair before walking across to Bomi and doing the same. Bomi grins. "Can I help you?"

"I don't want them to know what we've just been doing."

Bomi bobs her head in understanding. "Then you might want to put on some clothes," Bomi tells her, tugging ever so lightly on the blanket. "Although I appreciate the sight, I don't think Sana and her girlfriend will."

Chorong collects her clothes and shrugs them on as quickly as possible. "I hope you understand you're about to be interrogated by Sana and Momo."

"I think I can handle it." She reaches for Chorong's hand. "Shall we go and face them together?"

They start walking before Chorong stops them and kisses Bomi lightly. "You have no idea how disappointed I am we were interrupted."

"Don't worry; we'll make up for lost time eventually."