Chapter 18

Untouchable Face

She has their entire conversation planned in her head. She knows what she is going to say and she's pretty sure she can guess what is going to be said to her. That's the beauty of knowing somebody for over fifteen years; you know them sometimes better than they know themselves. After her conversation with Namjoo about Bomi and Chorong, she had promised her fiancée that she wouldn't do anything stupid like confront Bomi about it but Hayoung knew the minute she made it, that it would be a promise she couldn't keep.

She needed to know what Bomi was playing at.

She needed an explanation.

Namjoo looked disappointed in her when she told her she was heading to see Bomi but Hayoung will apologise to her later and hopefully Namjoo will forgive her.

Namjoo told her that it was none of their business and interfering was only going to make things worse because then the secret is becoming less of a secret and more public knowledge. Therefore somebody is more likely to be hurt.

Of course Namjoo's right, she always is but Hayoung wouldn't be able to act the same way around Bomi until she discussed whatever is going on between her and Chorong.

If Namjoo doesn't forgive her later, she's going to endure the silent treatment until her fiancée has decided to forgive her.

It would be all well and good to pretend that they don't know anything if they weren't seeing Bomi or Chorong anytime soon, or if Bomi wasn't her best friend but it's her wedding in two months and Bomi, Chorong and Eunji will all be in attendance.

Since she was a little girl, Namjoo has wanted the big white wedding and Hayoung's determined to give her that with no distractions and nothing going wrong. A suspicious love triangle doesn't exactly fit into that plan.

The door behind her opens and she looks over her shoulder as a short-haired woman locks it behind her before heading towards the stairs. Running her fingers through her hair, she brings her attention back to Bomi's apartment and knocks sharply on the door.

"One second."

Bomi's voice floats through the door but Hayoung chooses to ignore her friend's request and bangs on the door again, harder this time.

"What the hell is your problem?" Bomi exclaims whilst she opens her front door. When her eyes fall on Hayoung, she frowns. "Where's the fire?" She jests lightly but the serious look on Hayoung's face causes her to frown deeper. "Is everything okay? Is it Namjoo?"

"Namjoo's fine," Hayoung deadpans. "We need to talk."

"And this talk required you to try and bang my door down?"

Hayoung scoffs and pushes past her friend because quite frankly she had grown tired of waiting for an invitation to come inside.

"Feel free to come in," Bomi mumbles under her breath quietly as she closes the door. "Seriously, what is wrong with you? What do we need to talk about?"

Hayoung turns to face Bomi and her face hardens ever so slightly. "I know about you and Chorong."

As soon as the words leave , Bomi pales. "What?" There's no possible way that Hayoung could know about her and Chorong, hell, her and Chorong doesn't even exist. Nobody ever met Lea so Hayoung can't have realised that Lea was in fact Chorong and their kiss had been in a vacant theatre so nobody saw.

She has to be bluffing.

Unless Chorong's told her but why would Chorong have told her?

Bomi rolls her eyes as she realises that Chorong wouldn't have told Hayoung, if she had told somebody, it would have been Namjoo and everybody knows that Namjoo and Hayoung don't keep secrets.

"I don't know what you're talking about, there is no me and Chorong."

"I knew that's what you'd say so why don't we just skip the part when you bother lying to me," Hayoung spits. "Don't forget, I know when you're lying."

"Hayoung –"

"What the are you playing at?"

"I'm not playing at anything," Bomi replies firmly.

The tall woman shakes her head. "Just tell me the truth," she requests softly. "You're my best friend; you're going to be my ing maid of honour, you're supposed to be able to trust me enough to tell me anything, even if the admission is going to be that you're sleeping with Eunji's girlfriend."

"I'm not sleeping with Chorong."

"I've got all day to discuss this with you Bomi and if you want to continue lying, feel free but it's not going to change the fact that I already know about your sordid little secret."

Hayoung's face hardens that little bit more when she's finished speaking. In all honestly, the only thing she knows is that Bomi has feelings for Chorong and thanks to Namjoo, that Chorong returns those feelings, but Hayoung saw how her friend's face paled when she told her she knew, so now she's fully aware that there is something more between Chorong and Bomi.

Whatever is happening between them doesn't stop at just hidden feelings.

If Bomi thinks that she already knows the truth, her defences have a tendency to crumble because she can't keep up the lies for too long.

Bomi swallows harshly at the glare being sent her way by her friend. Making people feel uneasy has always been one on Hayoung's talents and the glare mixed with the knowledge that Hayoung knows about her and Chorong is making her more nervous. She ducks her head and rubs the back of her neck before finding Hayoung's eyes once more. The tall woman's gaze hasn't wavered in the slightest and Bomi exhales heavily.

"There –" Bomi starts before stopping. "It's –" She stops once more before closing her eyes. "It was just a kiss, that's all, there's no affair Hayoung."

The confession causes Hayoung to drop her glare and she tilts her head to the side. "A kiss?"

"Yeah, there's no need to sound so surprised, you did know after all," Bomi tells her. "Congratulations, you successfully made me feel uneasy."

"I knew you had feelings for Chorong but that's it."

Bomi's heart sinks as she realises that Hayoung lied to her and now she's just admitted to kissing Eunji's girlfriend.

"I knew there was more to it than just feelings, I just needed to make you admit it," Hayoung tells her with a slight smug smile that annoys Bomi even more. "Now you've decided to be honest, I'll ask again, what the are you playing at Bomi?"

"I'm not the only one at fault here."

"No, but you're only the one in this room right now."

"Hayoung –"

"She's your best friend's girlfriend."

"Wow, thank you for reminding me about that. You know I completely forgot that Chorong is Eunji's girlfriend, why don't you remind me how much Eunji loves her and how Chorong is the one for her," Bomi states, her voice filled with anger. "Go on; give me a running commentary of my situation because clearly I don't already know."

"You know, I'm fully aware that you have loose morals and don't really care about the people you sleep with but I never pegged you as the person who didn't care about their best friend."

Bomi steps forward until she's only inches away from Hayoung. " you; you know I care about Eunji."

"Yeah because you're really showing that right now Bomi," Hayoung goads. "You know, when you and Sohee were acting as the most loved up couple in high school; I was the person Eunji turned to. Whenever you'd steal a kiss from Sohee, I was the person who had to dry Eunji's tears because that was all she wanted with Sohee. She wanted the girl she loved to love her back but you made that impossible."

"I didn't –"

"I'm not watching her go through that pain again and I'm especially not going to let you be the cause of her heartache for a second time!" Hayoung shouts and it's the first time in years, Bomi's heard her shout. "You can say you care about Eunji until you're blue in the face but if you did, you wouldn't be chasing her girlfriend behind her back."

Bomi's face falls as Hayoung's words hit home. Maybe her friend is right; maybe she's lying to herself when she says she truly cares for Eunji. Surely if she did, she'd have been able to stay away from Chorong.

She shakes her head, upset that Hayoung is planting doubts in her mind. Of course she cares for Eunji; she's not chasing Chorong because she wants to hurt Eunji.

She's just incapable of staying away from her.

"What's next Bomi? Should I keep an eye on you whenever you're around Namjoo in case you get bored of Chorong and decide you want a new challenge?"

It's happens before she can stop it. The palm of her hand connects with Hayoung's cheek in a hard, quick slap. Before she can even process her action, Hayoung's hand hits Bomi's cheek in a slap that's much harder than the one she gave her.

Bomi rubs her cheek before walking towards her front door; she grabs the door handle and swings the door open. "I think you should go."

Hayoung shakes her head and throws herself on the couch. "If you think I'm leaving you can think again."

Bomi runs her tongue over her top teeth whilst breathing heavily. Knowing full well that Hayoung means what she says and isn't going to leave, Bomi slams the door shut.

As Bomi rests against the door, silence descends over the pair of them. Hayoung watches her intently from her seat on the couch whilst Bomi does her best to avoid her friend's gaze. After several minutes of enduring what is undeniably the most uncomfortable silence she's experienced for some time, she clears .

"I would never try anything with Namjoo."

For the first time in a while, Hayoung drops her gaze from Bomi. "I know you wouldn't."

"Then why say it?" Bomi questions with genuine curiosity. "Is that really what you think of me? I made a mistake Hayoung, do you think I'm a who doesn't care about other people?"

"You don't Bomi," Hayoung says, fiddling with her fingers, her cheek still slightly stinging from Bomi's slap. "Before you start arguing with me, remember that they're your words, not mine. You told me yourself that you sleep with women and you don't care if they're in a relationship or not."

"That doesn't apply when the person they're in a relationship with is my friend," Bomi bites back. "Despite what you think, I do care about my friends."

"So you do have some morals."

Bomi scoffs lightly. "I don't have to listen to this. You have no right to act high and mighty with me. Before you met Namjoo, you were just as bad as me. Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled that you're about to get married and that you've found somebody you really love but you're not allowed to lecture me about promiscuity when you were never really a Saint yourself. I think that's a bit of the pot calling the kettle black don't you?"

"I never stole my friend's girlfriend," Hayoung bites back.

"I'm not stealing Eunji's girlfriend!" Bomi shouts at her before running her fingers through her hair. "We've kissed once and that was it, it was a spur of the moment thing and it's not going to happen again."

"When?"

"What?"

Hayoung stands from the couch and opts to rest against the back of it so she can face Bomi but remain some distance from her. "When did you kiss her?"

"A couple of days after New Year," Bomi tells her because there's no point lying about that.

"That's interesting because the two of you seemed rather cosy together before Christmas," Hayoung informs her. "At Yeouido Park during It's a Wonderful Life, Joo and I were watching you from our car and you seemed like you knew each other pretty well."

Bomi shrugs her shoulders. "I met her at your Halloween party, the same as you. It's not my fault we clicked straight away."

The corner of Hayoung's mouth curls upwards in a knowing half-smirk. "You clicked right away yet at Eunji's dinner, you barely said two words to her and I caught you checking her out."

Bomi pushes herself off the door and heads towards Hayoung. "What are you trying to say?"

"I'm saying that I don't believe all that's happened between you and her is a one-off kiss in January because you two have been flitting around each other since before January. I saw the way you looked at her back in December, there's more to this story than you've told me."

"I've told you everything."

"You're lying," Hayoung says but her voice is slightly calmer now. She takes a step closer to her friend. "I know I went off on one earlier but I swear it won't happen again. Just tell me the truth Bomi."

Maybe it's because she knows Hayoung won't relent until Bomi confesses or maybe it's because it feels freeing to finally get it off her chest. Whatever the reason, the words fall out of before she can stop them.

"We've slept together."

The last word has just crossed her lip when Hayoung slaps her once more.

Bomi brings her hand up to cup her stinging cheek. "What the hell?! You said you weren't going to go off on one again?"

Hayoung shrugs. "I'm not but you deserved that slap."

"It's not what you think."

"Really?" Hayoung raises her eyebrows. "Why don't you enlighten me as to how it's not what I think because right now, what I think is that you've just admitted to sleeping with Eunji's girlfriend behind her back?"

"Do you remember when Eunji mentioned my one-night stand with Lea?" Hayoung nods her head. "That was Chorong."

"What?"

Bomi rubs her eyes harshly. There's no going back anymore, she's already told Hayoung too much that she can't really stop. If she's honest, she doesn't really even want to because admitting what has been happening makes her feel like a weight has been lifted.

First she confided in Naeun and now Hayoung.

Even though it feels freeing admitting everything, she knows that she might be making a crucial mistake.

"The first night I met Chorong, I didn't know who she was," Bomi explains. "She told me her name was Lea and one thing lead to another and we slept together. I only found out she was Eunji's girlfriend the night of your Halloween party. I swear Hayoung, I didn't know."

"But now you do and it's not stopping you."

"You have no idea Hayoung," Bomi says quietly. "I want to stay away from her and I'm trying so ing hard not to go near her but I― …I just can't. This isn't some game to me okay, Chorong isn't a challenge and I do care about Eunji. I don't want to feel this way Hayoung-ah, I wish I didn't but I do and it's so hard."

"Bomi –"

"I know that Eunji is going to be hurt if she finds out and the thought of that is killing me," Bomi continues, ignoring Hayoung's attempt at an interjection. "No matter how hard I try to stay away from Chorong, I always end up giving in and seeing her. I can't help myself. Hayoung, when I thought she was Lea, I wanted to see her again. She was different than anybody else I'd ever met and I thought that maybe this girl wouldn't just be a one-night stand, maybe she'd be somebody I could actually have a relationship with. Then I find out she's Eunji's girlfriend and any thought of there being something more between us disappeared in an instant."

Hayoung watches as Bomi slides down the wall until she's sitting on the floor and buries her head in her hands.

"I didn't realise you cared that much for her."

Bomi raises her head from her hands. "I think I'm in love with her, Hayoung."

Hayoung doesn't berate Bomi for that comment because she knows that Bomi doesn't fall for people easily. After Sohee, it's almost as if Bomi put a guard up around herself that prevented people from getting close enough to her, making it impossible for her to fall for somebody.

If Namjoo were here, she'd be sitting beside Bomi right now, her arms wrapped around her whispering that everything would be okay but Hayoung's not Namjoo. She's never been somebody who displays emotion very well, even sometimes Namjoo has to tell her to hug somebody rather than feeling inclined to do it herself.

She also can't sit next to Bomi and tell her that everything's going to be okay because she doesn't believe for one second that it will be. If Bomi has fallen for Chorong, that will be the end of Eunji and Bomi's friendship, leaving Hayoung in the middle of her two best friends.

The silence must have been unnerving for Bomi because she speaks again. "I don't know what to do Hayoung, tell me what to do." Her voice breaks as she speaks and it's the first time she's felt like crying in a long time.

She can't actually remember the last time she cried.

Hayoung swallows hard. "You have two choices."

"What?"

"If you really love her and don't get me wrong Bomi, I actually believe that you do have deep feelings for her, you have to tell Eunji."

Bomi laughs harshly. "That will go down so well. 'Hey Eunji-ah, I think I love your girlfriend, hope we can still be friends'."

"What's the alternative?" Hayoung asks. "Continue sneaking around with Chorong until Eunji finds out from somebody else or worse, actually sees you together? She's going to be heartbroken either way but at least if you tell her, it's not going to be as bad as it would be if she found out you'd been lying to her. That both of you have been lying to her."

"I can't tell her Hayoung," Bomi whispers lightly. "I couldn't deal with it when she ignored me because of Sohee. You know? When I got accepted into Yonsei, I rang her number on instinct and it was only when she rejected the call immediately that I remembered that she had been avoiding me for months. She's been my best friend since we were four years old, I don't want to ruin that. I can't." A tear rolls downs Bomi's cheek as she's finished speaking.

"There's always option 2."

"What's that?"

Hayoung eventually slides down the wall and sits beside her friend. "Leave Chorong alone. I'm not talking about saying you will or try to do it, I actually mean leave her alone. Don't see her unless it's unavoidable, don't call her, and don't speak to her. Forget about her."

The thought of not being able to see or speak to Chorong is too daunting for Bomi to process so she simply shakes her head.

"I can't do that either."

Hayoung exhales heavily at her friend's stubbornness. "You can't keep doing whatever it is you're doing, it's not going to end well for anybody. You have to do something, either tell Eunji or forget about Chorong."

"You make it sound so simple."

"It's not though, I know that."

"You told me once that even if Namjoo had been with somebody else when you first met her, you would have pursued her because you knew she was the one for you."

"That was different, it was a hypothetical situation, and Namjoo was single when we met."

"But say she wasn't?" Bomi suggests. "Say she had been dating Eunji or me, would you have still had that prerogative?"

"This isn't going to help Bomi, this is all what ifs."

"Would you?"

Hayoung releases a long breath and rests her head against the wall. She waits several seconds before answering. "If I was in love with her and she was dating either you or Eunji, I'd probably be doing the same thing you are right now."

"Would you walk away?"

"It'd be hard."

"Then how am I supposed to?"

Hayoung wraps an arm around Bomi's shoulder and attempts to pull her into a hug. Bomi stiffens before complying and resting her head on Hayoung's shoulder. It's times like this Hayoung really wishes Namjoo was here.

"You need to decide who is more important to you, Eunji or Chorong?"

"That's not a fair question."

Hayoung bobs her head lightly. "Life isn't fair Bbom-ah, it never has been."


 

Looking up at the apartment building, she feels a sense of disappointment flood through her. If she goes inside, she's not going to leave happy. Hayoung stayed with her for another hour after their conversation and told her that no matter what happened, she'd always be there for her, even if she's pissed at her sometimes. Bomi appreciates that but she knows full well that if push came to shove and Eunji found out, Eunji would need Hayoung more than she does and Bomi would want Hayoung to be there for Eunji more than her, because it won't be her that's had their heart broken.

Nerves surface in the pit of her stomach and she rummages quickly in her bag in search of a cigarette. It is times like these that she really needs a cigarette to take the edge off, to calm her down. Remembering she's attempting to stop smoking, she huffs before popping a piece of gum out of the pack and throwing it into , grimacing slightly at the taste.

Her memory is a little fuzzy from the night she dropped Chorong off at her apartment after Namjoo's dance recital but after driving down several wrong roads, she finally found the vaguely familiar building.

Not that it really matters since Bomi has no idea what number Chorong lives at. She scours the buzzers beside the front door but her eyes don't fall on a Park Chorong or a Sana. It probably doesn't help that she doesn't know what Sana's surname is.

Deciding to just put it down to fate, she hits the button for flat 5a and waits for somebody to speak to her through the intercom. Maybe she'll be lucky and it'll be Chorong. Even if she gets the wrong apartment, somebody might be able to direct her to the apartment she's seeking. Bomi knows everybody in her apartment building from her snooty next door neighbour who always looks down her nose at Bomi or the twenty year old stoner who lives above her.

She's about to hit another button when she hears an unfamiliar male voice say hello.

"This isn't Park Chorong apartment is it?"

"No."

"You don't happen to know which apartment Park Chorong lives in do you?"

"What does she look like?"

Bomi smiles slightly that the man is being helpful. "She's quite petite and has long brown hair; she lives with another woman that has long black hair."

There's silence on the other line before the man clears his throat. "Oh yeah I know them, they're hot."

Bomi scowls at the comment but decides not to push it. "Great, do you know what number she lives at?"

"She always walks up the stairs past my apartment and there's only one floor after me so she's either in 6a or 6b, I don't know which one."

"Thank you," Bomi tells him as she glances at the names beside the buzzer for 6a and 6b. The resident in 6a is Kang and 6b is Minatozaki. "Could you do me another favour and buzz me in the building please."

"What's in it for me?"

Bomi rolls her eyes because is this guy seriously trying to flirt with her through an intercom. She doesn't answer him as she sees somebody coming towards the door. She steps back as the person opens the door and leaves the building. She quickly deposits her gum in the nearby trash can before catching the door as it's about to close and steps inside, just after hearing the man from the fifth floor saying hello. She heads toward the elevator only to see an 'out of order' sign across the doors. Is every elevator broken at the minute? The one in her apartment building has been broken for the past two weeks so even though she's accustomed to taking the stairs, she's not looking forward to climbing six flights of them.

She starts running up the flights of stairs until she reaches the fourth floor and her run is slowed down to a walk as she tries to catch her breath whilst climbing the remaining stairs. As she stands outside 6a, she places her hands on her hips and breathes heavily. She really should start doing more cardio; her fitness level has deteriorated dramatically.

Her use of cigarettes since the age of 16 hasn't helped either.

She knocks on the door and waits several seconds before it is opened to reveal a middle-aged woman.

Either Chorong's aged considerably since the other day or she has the wrong apartment. "Sorry, I think I have the wrong apartment, I was looking for Park Chorong."

The woman gives her a wide smile. "She's across the hall, such a lovely girl," the woman gushes and Bomi glances over her shoulder at the door to 6a. "Would you do me a favour?" She asks quietly before disappearing only to reappear with a piece of cake on a plate. "Would you give her this cake? I'm trying out some recipes and Chorong has kindly offered to be my taste tester."

Bomi half laughs but accepts the plate. "Of course."

The woman thanks her before saying goodbye and closing the door. Bomi furrows her eyebrows before turning around and walking towards the other apartment on the floor. She uses her free hand to knock on the door. It takes longer than it had with Mrs Kang but eventually she hears footsteps coming closer and when the door swings open, a mixture of relief and happiness floods through her when she sees Chorong.

"Bomi."

"You would have to live on the top floor."

"What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to talk to you," Bomi tells her before remembering the piece of cake. She extends her hand, offering the cake to Chorong. "This is for you."

Chorong frowns but takes the plate nonetheless. "Did you come round to give me a slice of cake?"

"Not this time," Bomi jests playfully. "Mrs Kang asked me to give it to you; apparently you're her taste tester."

"Why were you talking to Mrs Kang?"

"I didn't know what apartment you were in, the guy in 5a said you were on the top floor so I tried 6a first," Bomi explains. "By the way, the guy in 5a sounds a bit creepy, I'd watch yourself around him, he thinks you're hot."

"Minhyuk?" Chorong says with a small smile. "He's harmless."

"That's what they all say."

"He's all bark and no bite." Chorong says with a chuckle.

"Really?" Chorong nods her head. "You should watch out anyway." She suddenly feels jealous and cautious of the man.

She shakes her head quickly. Hayoung's right when she says Bomi has to let Chorong go, she can't start thinking about Chorong in that way again, even though right now it's pretty difficult considering Chorong's only wearing a tank top and some small shorts.

"You are aware its January right, that outfit isn't really appropriate," Bomi points out as she rakes her eyes over the brunette's body. "Aren't you cold?"

"Not really," Chorong answers quickly. "They're my exercise clothes,"

Bomi allows her eyes to trail over Chorong's attire one last time before she collects herself. As much as she is enjoying their conversation, she'd prefer to continue it inside her apartment rather than in the corridor. "How long are we going to talk before you invite me in or do you intend to leave me standing on your doorstep?"

"Sorry," Chorong says as she holds the door open wide enough for Bomi to come in. "How rude of me."

Bomi beams widely at the brunette before walking inside the apartment, hearing Chorong close the door behind her. She scans Chorong's home briefly, murmuring her appreciation at the place. It's quite bigger than her own apartment and more spacious.

"Is Sana here?"

Chorong is momentarily touched that Bomi remembered the name of her roommate before she shakes her head. "No, she stayed at her girlfriend's last night and then went straight to work so she'll be back later today."

"Is her surname Minatozaki?"

"Yes why?"

"That was the name next to 6b, that's why I was confused because I didn't see your surname listed."

"We just decided to go with her name since she found the place," Chorong explains. "Most people I know also know Sana so it doesn't usually create any problems."

"Is it alright if I sit down?"

"Of course."

Bomi takes a seat on the couch and waits a couple of seconds for Chorong to join her but the other woman remains by the kitchen counters.

"What did you want to talk about?"

"Firstly, I wanted to apologise."

"Apologise for what?"

"For the other night," Bomi clarifies. "When you were waiting outside my apartment and you were trying to talk to me, I was drunk and I must have been quite difficult to deal with, so I'm sorry."

"You don't need to be sorry," Chorong reassures her lightly before ducking her head briefly. "Do you remember much about our conversation?"

"Some elements are still a little foggy but I do remember parts. I'm sorry I kissed you."

"It's okay."

"No, it's not Chorong. It's not okay at all." She runs her fingers through her haphazardly. "We said that nothing was going to happen between us and then I forced something to happen. I shouldn't have done that; I had no right to put you in that position."

"You didn't force anything to happen," Chorong tells her quietly.

Bomi smiles lightly before tugging her bottom lip between her teeth. During the drive to Chorong's, she had debated whether it was the right thing to tell Chorong about Hayoung knowing or keep it a secret but after deciding that they're both already keeping too many secrets, Bomi made the conscious decision to admit it.

"Hayoung knows about us."

She watches as Chorong pales, much like she'd done earlier as she grips the counter behind her for support. "How?" The single word comes out in a hushed whisper of disbelief and fear.

Bomi shrugs gently. "I sort of told her."

"You did what?!" Chorong shouts. "Why on earth would you tell her about us?"

"I thought you knew," Bomi defends quickly. "She said she knew about us and I momentarily thought that maybe you'd told Namjoo."

"I haven't told anybody Bomi."

"I know that now," Bomi says. "Then she decided to inform me that she only knew I had feelings for you but I'd already confessed to kissing you by that point."

"Is that all she knows? That we've kissed."

Bomi ducks her head and lightly shakes her head. "She knows we've had ."

Chorong's eyes slam shut, this wasn't supposed to happen. Nobody was supposed to find out about them. She thought they'd been rather careful, admittedly there had been tension between the two of them but Chorong didn't think anybody bar her and Bomi would notice.

She thought she was a good enough actress to act normal around Bomi but evidently she was wrong.

She places one hand against and opens her eyes to look back at Bomi. The blonde is sitting on the couch looking incredibly apologetic.

"What's she going to do?"

"She's not going to tell Eunji."

"She told you that?"

"Well no," Bomi begins slowly. "But I know her; she wouldn't do that to me."

"I hope you're right."

Bomi rubs her hands on her thighs nervously. "She did kind of give me an ultimatum though."

Chorong drops her hand from . "What?"

"She said I either tell Eunji myself –"

"You can't," Chorong interrupts quickly.

"Or, we end things."

Chorong swallows hard. "There isn't anything to end between us."

"You don't honestly believe that do you?" Bomi asks, with a hint of curiosity. Chorong can't possibly be in that much denial.

Chorong doesn't answer; she simply asks a question of her own. "What are you going to do?"

"I don't want to lose Eunji as a friend," Bomi tells her and that answer alone is enough for Chorong to know what she's going to do but Bomi continues nevertheless. "Whatever's going on between us has to stop, really this time, not like last time. We can still be friendly to one another if we see each other but we can't go purposely go out of our way to see each other. Things are becoming far too complicated."

"I know."

She doesn't argue because if she argued, she'd be effectively suggesting that she and Bomi start an affair and that isn't something she wants to happen. Bomi's right, stopping whatever is going on between them before something else happens in the right decision.

Granted, the right decision would be to tell Eunji but that's something Chorong can't face.

The thought of not seeing Bomi and not speaking to her causes a surge of disappointment to flood over her.

Bomi stands from the couch and rubs her hands together. "I just wanted to say that and now I think it's probably best that I leave because the longer I stay here, the more likely I am to take back everything I've just said."

Chorong nods in understanding and starts walking slightly ahead of Bomi towards the front door. Bomi follows slowly behind her and it hits her that when she leaves this apartment, that's it. She's not going to be able to look at Chorong the same way again because it will be too hard.

If they're determined to stay away from each other, she can't just see Chorong whenever she likes.

Before she can stop herself, her hand reaches out and wraps itself around Chorong's wrist, gently spinning her around and pushing her back against the front door. Chorong furrows her eyebrows at Bomi's action but doesn't attempt to move. She observes Bomi's glazed eyes and the way her tongue subconsciously darts out to her lips.

She's seen that look in Bomi's eyes before and she knows exactly what it means.

Bomi steps that little bit closer and trails her hands along the hem of Chorong's top. She knows that she's completely contradicting everything she's just said but she doesn't want to leave on that note.

"We can't."

"I know."

Chorong swallows nervously as Bomi's hand dip underneath her top, skimming lightly over her stomach. Bomi wants to go higher, she wants to push the boundaries but she knows she can't. She shouldn't even be doing this right now. The sound of a moan escaping Chorong's lips at her touch makes it even harder to keep her hands where they are but she forces them in place.

"We shouldn't."

"I know."

Bomi raises her head so brown eyes meet chocolate ones and she leans in just a little.

"You've just said nothing can happen."

"I know."

Chorong leans that little bit closer to Bomi too.

"This is wrong."

The blonde nods silently. "I know."

She knows more than anything that this is wrong but if she's going to listen to Hayoung's advice and try to stay away from Chorong, she wants to have one last moment with her.

One last kiss because she's probably not going to get the chance again.

She's going to have to sit back and watch Chorong with Eunji whilst she does the decent thing for quite possibly the first time in her life and stays away so she wants something to remember Chorong by.

Not like she'd ever forget but she's helpless to the gravitational pull surrounding Chorong once more and she brushes her nose lightly against the other woman's.

She had expected Chorong to stop her when Bomi had spun her around but Chorong seems more than willing to let Bomi do whatever she wants.

Her lips hover over the brunette's as she presses her body further against Chorong's. Chorong closes her eyes and tilts her head back so it connects with the front door as Bomi trails her hands up Chorong's side, stopping just shy of her bra, feeling Chorong's heartbeat quicken at the movement. Knowing the effect she's having on Chorong makes her want to ignore Hayoung but instead she brings her hands back down to the other woman's hips.

It's safer territory.

She can't ignore Hayoung's second option because then she'd be left with the much more daunting one.

Chorong still has her eyes closed and isn't making any movement to push her away. She places an open mouthed kiss on Chorong's exposed throat before cradling Chorong's face in her hands.

"Look at me."

She needs Chorong to tell her to stop otherwise she won't be able to.

Chorong's eyes open lazily and she swallows nervously at how close Bomi is to her.

"Tell me to stop," Bomi all but pleads. "Tell me and I will."

She knows she should tell Bomi to stop but for once, she finds herself speechless. The lack of response from Chorong gives Bomi her answer and she slowly brings their lips together. As Chorong bites down on her bottom lip before soothing it with her tongue, Bomi moans.

She doesn't think she'd ever grow tired of kissing Chorong if they were dating.

Everything about it feels perfect.

Feels right.

The kiss is gentle but they can both feel the sense of finality in it which makes it all the more bittersweet and each woman wants to savour this moment right now.

Chorong's tongue tickles Bomi's bottom lip before it slides in, duelling with its counterpart. There's a familiar taste of strawberries and Bomi moves her hands back to the other woman's hips and give them a light squeeze. When Chorong pulls back, Bomi uses the opportunity to place delicate kisses on Chorong's collarbone leading to her neck. Her thigh falls between Chorong's legs before she can even register what she's doing but she revels in the guttural moan the brunette releases.

Yet it is that exact moan that causes Bomi to pull back. If they keep going, she's not going to be able to keep her hands to herself any longer and sleeping together was not part of her plan when she decided to come and see Chorong.

Chorong tugs her bottom lip between her teeth, her cheeks flushed and her eyes only just now flutter open.

"I know I shouldn't have done that," Bomi starts to say but Chorong holds her hand up.

"I shouldn't have let you."

Bomi runs her fingers through her hair and takes a step away from the woman. "I just wanted one last kiss."

Chorong murmurs her understanding.

"Sort of a goodbye kiss."

"I never wanted to be in this position Bomi."

"I know," she replies lightly before cupping Chorong's cheek, running the pad of her thumb across it softly and the action causes Chorong to nuzzle into her hand. "Is it weird to say I'm going to miss you?"

Chorong chuckles dryly. "You'll still see me."

"It's not going to be the same though."

"No, but we're doing the right thing."

Bomi hears Hayoung's voice in the back of her mind telling her that the right thing would be to be honest with Eunji but Bomi can't lose her friend.

"Yeah and I think it's about time."

She brushes past Chorong and opens the door herself. She doesn't look back at Chorong as she leaves the apartment. Once the door is closed, Bomi leans against it and closes her eyes. She can still taste Chorong on her lips and part of her just wants to go back inside and this time, not stop.

What if by doing the right thing for somebody else means you end up doing the wrong thing for yourself?

Bomi shakes her head. "Stop it," she mumbles under her breath before pushing herself off the door and starting to walk down the stairs.

As she reaches the ground floor, she's still trying to make herself believe that staying away from Chorong is the right thing to do.