Chapter 22

Untouchable Face

She wakes up to the unmistakable smell of fried chicken floating towards her from the kitchen. Momo normally cooks it for her and Sana if they're suffering the side effects of a hangover so the smell isn't new to her. In fact it's become rather synonymous with hangovers.

A fact that is rather apt right now.

Her eyes flutter open and even though the searing pain in her head makes her want to slam them shut again, she forces them to stay open.

She really shouldn't drink.

It takes longer than it should before she realises that she isn't actually in her own bed and she isn't in Eunji's.

Both she and Eunji have a picture resting on their bedside cabinet of the pair of them from her dad's birthday. It's always been one of her favourite pictures because they had only been dating for a couple of months and they look incredibly happy.

Their smiles are genuine and their arms are wrapped around one another just to have that little bit more contact.

If they were to have a photo taken now, Chorong thinks the smiles would be forced and there would be more distance between them than necessary.

She hates what is happening to them and how it's her fault.

The bedroom she is in is rather bare and Chorong presumes nobody usually sleeps in it because there aren't many home comforts. Her bedroom is filled to the rim with home comforts and she feels at home there but this room is quite empty. She peers underneath the covers to see what she is wearing and breathes a sigh of relief when she recognises last night clothes.

At least this isn't a repeat of the last time she drank a little bit too much; at least she didn't end up engaging in ual with a stranger. Or even worse, Bomi.

That thought coupled with the sight of her clothes causes her to remember where she is.

She's in Bomi's apartment.

After drinking two more bottles of wine with Sana, she had bid her goodnight. Granted, Sana was close to practically forcing her to go to sleep before she decided to go of her own accord. Once the black-haired woman had retired to her bedroom, she had sneaked out of their apartment as quietly as she could and started walking towards Bomi's.

She can't really remember what possessed her to head to Bomi's, she can just remember wanting to see her.

After rubbing her eyes she pinches the bridge of her nose and exhales heavily as the memories from last night start to return to her.

One by one, the pieces of the puzzle slowly get put back together until she remembers pretty much everything that happened last night.

How she ignored Bomi's advice about going home.

How she forced Bomi to let her stay.

How she questioned Naeun about the relationship she shared with Bomi.

How she had tried to kiss Bomi and Bomi had rejected her.

She buries her head in the pillow at the final memory. She had tried to kiss Bomi and the blonde had merely stepped away from her. It mortifies her at how embarrassing she must have been last night.

She really shouldn't drink.

Sitting up in bed, she feels a wave of nausea hit her quickly but she manages to push through it and swivels her body around before placing her feet on the carpet. It's only then that she notices the glass of water and two advil tablets on the bedside cabinet. She smiles gratefully at Bomi's obvious kind gesture before swallowing the tablets, washing them down with a mouthful of water. She stands up slowly, careful not to make any rushed movements in case her nausea decides to resurface this time overwhelming her before she has a chance to fight through it. Standing up she starts walking towards the bedroom door, catching her reflection in the mirror as she passes it and the sight causes her to freeze.

She slept in her make-up.

She grimaces as she touches her face. Sleeping in make-up completely contradicts her rigid nightly routine.

She stares at her reflection a little longer before shrugging the worry off. Even though she understands the importance of looking after her skin, right now, it's the last thing on her mind. She's more worried about facing Bomi.

Taking a deep breath to calm her nerves she opens the bedroom door and heads towards the kitchen, following the smell of fried chicken. The strong rays of sunlight peeking through Bomi's drapes cause her to squint the more she walks.

At the sound of footsteps, Bomi raises her head from her phone and sends a tight-lipped smile in Chorong's direction. She swallows her mouthful of food before dropping her piece of chicken onto the plate. "Good morning sunshine, how are you feeling today?"

"I have an incessant pounding in my head and sudden waves of nausea hit me when I least expect it," Chorong begins, walking closer to Bomi and stopping on the other side of the counter.

"I put some tablets and a glass of water by your bed."

"I saw. Thank you, I'm sure they'll work perfectly when they kick in."

Bomi smiles lightly. "I hope they do, I've suffered enough hangovers to know that they're not pleasant."

"Do you have one right now?"

Bomi her head to the side. "A hangover?" Chorong bobs her head at the question. "No, why?"

"I've found that fried food, in my life, is synonymous with hangovers. Sana and Momo always prepare fried food for it."

A slight chuckle is emitted from the blonde. "My only excuse is that I love fried chicken."

Chorong laughs at her the blonde's statement before swallowing nervously. Bomi takes another bite of her chicken before speaking. "Is something wrong?"

"I'm embarrassed."

"Why?"

"My memory is pretty much intact from last night and I'm embarrassed by my actions."

Bomi smiles lightly. "You don't need to be embarrassed; I actually thought you were rather adorable last night."

Chorong rubs her hand over her forehead. "I'm still sorry."

"Don't be, you have nothing to apologise for."

"I was half expecting to wake up next to you after my apparent clinginess last night," Chorong states quietly and briefly glances at Bomi to gage her reaction.

"I didn't want to make you uncomfortable; I slept in my own bed."

"You wouldn't have made me uncomfortable."

The confession is uttered so quietly that Bomi has to strain her ears to hear but it causes her to smile shyly. "I did come and check up on you a couple of times last night and once this morning."

"You did?"

"I just wanted to make sure you were okay," Bomi tells her with a shrug of her shoulders. "I found that sleep eluded me most of last night, probably because I was worried about you." Chorong's heart swells with adoration at that. The thought that Bomi couldn't sleep because she was worried about her is something she didn't expect to hear. "Do you want something to eat or drink?"

"A black coffee is fine, please."

Nodding she turns to the freshly brewed coffee in the pot and pours some into a mug before passing it to Chorong. "I'll make sure to invest in some soya or almond milk for the next time you want coffee."

She's not even aware of what she's just said. The implication that Chorong will be having coffee here again in the morning and that the thought doesn't even faze Bomi.

"There's something I wanted to ask you about last night."

Chorong glances at the blonde, fearing what words are going to come out of . Part of her fears that Bomi is going to mention the attempt at a kiss.

She's not sure she can take the embarrassment.

"When I suggested taking you back to Eunji's, you said she wasn't happy with you. What's happened between the two of you?"

She's actually managed to somehow forget about her argument with Eunji but Bomi's question brings it back to the forefront of her mind and guilt swirls in the pit of her stomach at the fact that Eunji found out about her audition second-hand.

"Can I sit down?" Chorong asks, gesturing to the couch behind her.

"Of course."

Chorong carries her mug carefully over to the couch, ensuring she doesn't spill it, before sitting down. Bomi finishes off her bite before following dotingly and sitting down beside the brunette. Chorong sips her coffee, revelling in the warmth of it before hesitating slightly. Bomi smirks and pushes a coaster in her direction.

"I remember at Eunji's dinner party, you seemed to have a thing about using coasters. I have to admit, it doesn't really bother me if you get water rings on the table but since you seem opposed to the idea, there you go," Bomi tells her before collecting a coaster for herself and placing her mug down.

She has to stop herself from beaming at the simple gesture. All she can think about is how Eunji never uses them and Bomi is using them even though she doesn't care one way or the other. It's such a little thing, something that shouldn't matter to her, something that she shouldn't compare Eunji and Bomi on.

Yet she does.

"Thank you."

"It's not a problem."

Chorong sends a small smile her way. "Eunji found out I'm going to be on The Band's Visit."

Bomi's brows furrow. "Surely that's something to celebrate, I mean, I'd have thought she had been over the moon."

"That's just it though, I didn't exactly tell her."

"What do you mean?"

She curls some hair behind her ear. "We were having coffee and Kyungsoo appeared. Long story short, she introduced me to him and he told her that we already knew each other and inadvertently mentioned Dina and rehearsals. I told her the rest of the story, not that I really had a choice but the initial knowledge didn't come from me even though it should have."

"Tell me she was at least pleased."

"She was but I think it was overshadowed by the fact that I hadn't told her and by the fact that it was you who organised the audition for me."

Bomi swallows hard. "You told her that?"

"You have Kyungsoo to thank for that as well."

She rubs her forehead before breathing out heavily. "How did she take that news?"

"She thought you had an ulterior motive, she said that when it comes to women, you will do anything to get their attention," Chorong explains and she tugs her bottom lip between her teeth. "What she said, that's not true is it?"

Bomi subconsciously her lips and runs her fingers through her hair, staying mute.

Chorong swallows. "She's right isn't she?"

"Chorong –"

Whatever she is about to say is caught in as Naeun emerges from her bedroom, covering as she yawns.

"Is it still morning or have I slept through the afternoon?"

Bomi chuckles. "Only just morning, you can certainly sleep."

"So I'm not a morning person, sue me," Naeun replies before sending a small smile in Chorong's direction. "Is that coffee fresh?"

"Yeah, help yourself."

Chorong watches the interactions between the two women with a frown and pure curiosity. She hadn't expected Naeun to stay the night and since she's just emerged from Bomi's bedroom, it means they shared the same bed.

Who knows what could have happened.

The sheer though makes her stomach flip with jealousy.

"I need to go, Sana's probably wondering where I am."

Bomi places her hand on Chorong's knee stilling her. "Please don't go." She shuffles impossibly closer to the other woman. "Nothing happened between Naeun and I, Chorong, if that's what you're thinking. I swear."

"Why would I care?"

"I don't know," Bomi states quietly. "But you look like you do."

Chorong swallows because Bomi's right; she can't pretend that she doesn't care and the reassurance from Bomi certainly curbs her jealousy slightly.

"Naeun-ah," Bomi says as she brings her attention to the dark-haired woman who is now scrolling through her phone, a mug of coffee in her hand. "Would you mind giving us a minute?"

Naeun looks up from her phone with a frown before noticing the stare Bomi is sending her and she slowly bobs her head. "I actually quite love being on the phone in bed I'll have you know," she tells both women before disappearing into the bedroom.

"You didn't need to get rid of her."

"I know."

Chorong curls more hair behind her ear. Silence descends over the pair of them and after a couple of minutes, Chorong clears . "Tell me you didn't organise that audition for me because you wanted something to happen as a result. Be it  or some affair; tell me you were doing it as a friend."

"I organised it for you as a friend, I promise."

"But Eunji was right; you do normally have ulterior motives."

Bomi exhales before pinching the bridge of her nose. "I have had in the past, yes."

"Like?"

"Just a few girls in the past, I haven't exactly been completely honest with them. I've been who they wanted me to be," Bomi frowns lightly, "I'm the first person to admit how selfish I am when it comes to women and a complete ."

"Bomi –"

Bomi places her hand over Chorong's. "The first night we met, you said that I saw as a challenge and you were right. It has always been a challenge to me; there's always been a certain thrill about being able to have the girl you know you can't have." She flinches as the words leave ; she probably should have phrased that better.

"So I'm a challenge to you?"

"No."

"But you've just said –"

Bomi shakes her head. "I know what I said but it came out wrong. Girls have been a challenge to me in the past, I'm not going to deny that but that all changed when I met you. You are so different to any other person I've ever met Chorong and I don't know what it is about you. Maybe it's your smile or your eyes. Maybe it's the fact that I always feel comfortable around you but whatever it is, you are not a challenge to me," she tells her before cupping her cheek. "The last thing you are to me is a game, you mean so much more to me than that. I can't even describe how much you mean to me and it's actually scary the effect you have on me. I need you to believe me. Trying to stay away from you is the hardest thing I've ever had to do."

Chorong blinks back tears. "Bomi –"

"I want you but I know I can't have you because you're Eunji's girlfriend. But I don't want you because I can't have you; I want you because you make me a better person. I told you that I never claimed to be a Saint because in the past, I couldn't have been further from being a Saint when it came to girls. But I can't bring myself to be the same person I've always been around you. Chorong, I'm changing for the better because of you."

Her heart soars at Bomi's heartfelt confession and before she can even contemplate her actions, her lips are pressed against Bomi's. Bomi closes her eyes at the sensation and places her hands on Chorong's hip, nibbling on her lower lip ever so lightly. The kiss doesn't deepen, it doesn't have to. Neither woman feels the need to deepen the kiss in order to prove a point.

"Why are you making it so hard for me to stay away from you?" Bomi whispers, her forehead resting against Chorong's.

"Because I can't stay away from you either."

"What are we going to do?"

Chorong closes her eyes before answering. "I don't know."


 

Both women stay as they are for several minutes, neither one wanting to shatter the perfect moment. It's a couple of seconds later that the moment is shattered by a knock at the front door. Bomi huffs playfully before standing up. "I swear I've never been so popular." Chorong chuckles quietly at the blonde. "Who is it?" Bomi shouts because if it's nobody important, they can leave. She's not letting some salesperson ruin her morning with Chorong.

"It's me Bbom-ah."

Chorong stands up at the voice, panic in her eyes. "That's Eunji."

Bomi rolls her eyes good-naturedly. Of course she recognised her friend's voice; she didn't need Chorong to state the obvious. "Why would she knock? She has a key," Bomi states, mainly to herself rather than Chorong.

Chorong's eyes widen and she drags Bomi towards the bedroom, as far away from the front door as possible. "My girlfriend has a key to your place and you didn't think to tell me that when I've showed up here. What if she'd just opened the door and caught us?"

"But she didn't," Bomi replies calmly, matching Chorong's whisper. "Besides, there's nothing for her to catch, we're not doing anything."

"Not right now but what if she had come in two minutes earlier or if she'd have come round the night you and I met?"

"She came round in the morning."

"What?!" Chorong whispers harshly. "I could have still been here; she could have found us together."

Bomi shakes her head slowly. "I guess it's a good job you left then isn't it," she tells her and there's a tiny bit more malice in her voice that she would have liked. Chorong leaving before she woke up still bothers her. Chorong should have stayed with her because she was meant to but leaving before Bomi woke up, certainly bruised her ego and even though it's stupid, Bomi hates that. "Since you're clearly worried about being caught, why don't you wait in the bedroom?"

Chorong wants to stay and tell Bomi that she didn't mean for it to come out like that but the nerves flooding through her at the knowledge that Eunji is behind the front door cause her to retreat to the bedroom.

Regrettably the same bedroom that Naeun is currently residing in.

True to her word, Naeun is sitting up in bed scrolling through her phone. She glances up at the sudden visitor to the bedroom.

"Can I help you?"

Chorong closes the bedroom door behind her but doesn't turn around to face the other woman. "Bomi has company; I'm just waiting here for the time being."

"I'm guessing whoever she's talking to doesn't know you're here."

Chorong rests her head against the bedroom door. "No, she doesn't."

Naeun bobs her head; it doesn't take a genius to work out that Bomi's visitor must be Chorong's girlfriend. "Do you want to use my iPad? I'm not using it," she asks and the question causes Chorong to turn around. "Who knows how long we'll be stuck in here."

"You're not stuck in here, you're free to leave."

"I think you underestimate how much I love being on the phone in bed doing nothing, Bomi's not getting rid of me anytime soon."

Chorong frowns lightly. "Don't you have work?"

"Only one dance class and it's this evening," Naeun replies, tossing the iPad to the other end of the bed, close to Chorong. "Besides, I don't really want to get in the middle of what's happening out there. As much as you probably don't like it, you're stuck with me."


 

She waits until Chorong has closed the bedroom door behind her before opening the door. "Meungji," she breathes out. "Since when do you knock? I know I said the key was only for emergencies but that never seemed to stop you from using it in the past."

"I left the key at my apartment," Eunji explains. "Can we talk?"

Bomi opens the door wider, inviting her friend in. She rubs the back of her neck as fear creeps through her stomach at this talk with Eunji.

It doesn't take a genius to realise that Eunji has clearly come round to talk about Chorong's audition and why Bomi organised it for her.

She closes the door once Eunji is inside and starts walking past Eunji towards the kitchen. "Can I get you a drink or something to eat? I could make you chocolate chip pancakes."

Eunji smiles softly. "As tempting as that offer sounds, I'm fine, thank you."

Bomi bobs her head as Eunji scans the apartment, her gaze falling on the two coffee mugs resting on the coffee table. Bomi follows her gaze and momentarily breathes a sigh of relief that Naeun took her mug into the bedroom with her.

Three mugs would have been harder to explain.

"Do you have company?"

"Naeun's here."

Eunji tilts her head to the side. "Should I leave you two alone, we can have this talk another time?"

Bomi shakes her head. "It's fine, she's in the bedroom."

"Are there still no romantic feelings between the two of you?" Eunji asks curiously because according to Namjoo, Bomi and Naeun seem to make a cute couple, they're perfect for each other, in her words.

"No, she's just a friend and that's all she's ever going to be," Bomi states louder than necessary in the hope that Chorong will hear too and stop being jealous, even though part of her finds Chorong's jealously endearing.

"That's a shame; I think Namjoo wanted you two to work."

She knows Namjoo wanted them to work, Namjoo told Naeun that and Naeun told her. She crosses her arms over her body protectively. "What did you want to talk about?"

"Chorong's going to be on the CJ Towol Theater," Eunji announces and Bomi can see the glint of happiness that resides between her friend's eyes. She knew that Eunji would be so proud of Chorong, even if mitigating factors, such as Bomi's involvement, made her forget about Chorong's achievement. "She's going to be starring as Dina in The Band's Visit, but you already know that don't you?"

Bomi swallows nervously, Chorong didn't inform her whether Eunji knows that Bomi has already been told or not. "I knew she was auditioning, obviously, but I didn't know she got the part," Bomi says, deciding to pretend her knowledge about Chorong's situation is limited.

The auburn haired woman stares at her for a little longer before her shoulders relax and Bomi knows she said the right thing under the circumstances. "I just don't understand why you would organise an audition for somebody you barely know so I was hoping you'd enlighten me."

"It was a spur of the moment thing," Bomi tells her quietly.

"That's not really a reason."

"I bumped into Kyungsoo and I remembered how my mom had mentioned he was directing a play in The Seoul Arts Center in amidst of telling me that he was now married," Bomi starts before wringing her fingers together. "Chorong told me that she wanted to be on that theatre, it was just a passing comment, but I remembered it and when I bumped into him, I decided to see if he'd give her an audition. It wasn't something I really planned, it just happened. I thought you wanted me to get along with her, that's all I was trying to do. I was trying to be friendly."

"We have different definitions of friendly though Bomi."

Bomi flinches at that and she's reminded of the first night she met Chorong when Chorong told her they had different definitions of nice but she doesn't say anything to argue because Eunji's right.

"You didn't –" Eunji starts before cutting herself off. "You didn't have an ulterior motive, did you?"

The vulnerability in her friend's voice pains her to hear. She had organised the audition as a friend so at least this time she doesn't have to lie.

"No, I didn't have an ulterior motive."

She doesn't expect Eunji to believe her so she's surprised when her friend relaxes before taking a seat on the couch. "When Chorong told me that it was you who organised the audition for her, I immediately thought you wanted something from her," Eunji states as she buries her head in her hand. "I'm supposed to be your best friend yet I immediately think the worst of you. I'm a terrible friend."

But it's Bomi who is the terrible friend.

"I've hardly got the best track record when it comes to girls so I can't really blame you for thinking the worst. I would if I was you."

"I guess my paranoia flared up when I found out that you'd done something nice for Chorong, and I judged you. I shouldn't have done that."

Everything Eunji is telling her makes Bomi feel guiltier by the second. Eunji's feeling guilty for thinking the worst in Bomi when she's actually thinking the right thing. In the beginning of their relationship, friendship, whatever the thing they have is called, Bomi had wanted Chorong. She purposely flew to Cheongju just so she could see Chorong's face and she'd be lying if she said she didn't want Chorong to appreciate that as more than a friend would. If Eunji ever finds out about her and Chorong, that Bomi has been lying to her, there's no coming back for them.

Their friendship will be over.

"I'm not interested in Chorong."

She's back to lying and it's surprising how hard that is for her to say.

"I know that, deep down I do anyway," Eunji replies. "Like I said, I'm paranoid and I thought the worst of you and I am really sorry about that."

"It doesn't matter."

"Of course it does Bbom. I'm supposed to be your best friend, I shouldn't judge you and accuse you of wanting something just because you used to do it in your past. I know you're not the same person you used to be."

"Eunji, I'm not mad at you."

How can she be mad at her friend when Eunji is right? Bomi does want Chorong.

"I'm so sorry Bomi."

Bomi exhales before paying closer attention to her friend and it's only then she can see tears b in her eyes. Silently she takes a seat beside her friend.

"This isn't just about her audition is it, what's wrong?

"I don't know what to do Bomi."

"About what?"

Eunji sniffs. "I don't know what's wrong but my relationship with Chorong is crumbling around me and I don't know what I can do to stop it."

Bomi opens to speak but closes it shortly afterwards. She can't handle listening to Eunji complain about her relationship to Chorong when it's her fault they're having relationship trouble.

"I didn't mean to suggest the worst, I just…I don't know why she didn't tell me about her audition or that she got the part, why she kept something that big a secret and I had to find out from somebody else. I thought maybe there might be a reason she kept it to herself. It makes me wonder whether she's lied to me about anything else. If so, how many times?"

"I'm sure she's not lied to you, maybe she was just waiting for the right moment to tell you."

"I wish I could believe that."

"Eunji –"

"I thought about proposing to her you know," Eunji exclaims and Bomi's eyes widen. "I thought she was the one and I even found a ring that I knew she'd love but I didn't want to rush her so I decided to ask her to move in with me instead, I thought we could take our relationship one step at a time."

"You asked her to move in with you?"

Chorong hadn't told her that.

"What did she say?"

Eunji shakes her head. "She hasn't given me a proper answer yet but I know she doesn't want to. She doesn't have to say no, it's obvious from her face. I don't want to lose her Bomi but I have a feeling I am."

"Eunji –"

"I am so in love with her and it's killing me that there's something wrong, something I can't seem to fix."

"I'm sure you're just reading too much into it."

"She flinches whenever I touch her, Bomi."

Bomi shakes her head. "Don't be ridiculous."

"When we first started going out, we couldn't stay away from one another."

Her eyes flutter shut at Eunji's statement and jealously pools in the pit of her stomach at the thought of Eunji and Chorong in that way.

"But now, we couldn't be more opposite. Every time I try to start something, she always has something she needs to do, somewhere she needs to go."

Bomi tilts her head to the side. "So you two haven't –"

"Not since before Christmas."

That fact shouldn't give her pleasure. It shouldn't provide her with some form of comfort.

But it does.

"Eunji, why don't you try telling her this instead of me?"

"I've tried talking about it but –"

"Maybe you should try harder."

Eunji chuckles dryly and brings her attention fully to Bomi. "Thinking there's something wrong and actually being told there's something wrong are two different things. I don't want to be proved right Bbom-ah because if I am, that's it. Our relationship will be over."

Bomi wraps her arms around her friend and Eunji collapses into the hug. She already felt guilty now her guilt has just intensified to maximum levels.

As she listens to Eunji cry quietly on her shoulder, all she can think about is how Chorong is currently hiding from her girlfriend in the bedroom and that unfortunately for Eunji; their relationship might already be over.

And Bomi hates herself for playing a part in that.

Even though she said she didn't want anything, Bomi ended up making chocolate chip pancakes for Eunji because she knew that they would make her friend smile.

Thankfully they did.

"Thank you for listening Bomi, I'm sorry again."

"You need to stop apologising; you've not done anything wrong."

Eunji sends a shy smile in her friend's direction. "Can I ask you something?"

"Of course."

Eunji tilts her head to the side and tugs her bottom lip between her teeth. "I'm supposed to be going on a skiing trip with my school in a couple of days for two weeks."

"You are?"

Eunji bobs her head. "I'm going to be missing the hen night; I thought Hayoung would have told you."

Bomi doesn't say anything. The prospect of spending a weekend in Gwangju with Eunji and Chorong hadn't been something she'd been looking forward to, so she can't pretend that finding out Eunji is going to be absent isn't going to make easier.

If not more dangerous.

"Do you think I should cancel? I don't know whether it's the right time to be going away."

"Maybe all you and Chorong need is some space, maybe when you come back, everything will work out between the two of you."

"Do you really think so?"

No.

"I don't know but neither do you. There's no harm in seeing what happens."

Eunji sighs but nods her head. She wraps her arms around Bomi quickly and whispers a quiet thank you in her ear before opening the front door.

"I'm not sure if I'll see you before I go."

"Have a good trip, stay safe Eunji-ah."

Eunji nods slowly and walks through the door before pausing and turning around. "I forgot to say, thank you."

"You just thanked me."

"No, I forgot to thank you for organising the audition for Chorong. I wish it had been me that organised it for her, but I'm glad she's going to be able to fulfil her dream. So thank you for helping her. I know it didn't seem like it at first but I do appreciate it, she belongs on the stage, it shouldn't matter how she gets there."

"You don't need to thank me for that."

Eunji shakes her head. "I do," she says finally before waving goodbye and closing the door behind her.

She barely has time to reflect on what Eunji's just said when Chorong bursts out of her bedroom and immediately heads towards Bomi.

"Chorong."

Chorong shakes her head and doesn't stop, instead attempting to brush past Bomi and open the front door.

"Chorong," Bomi tries again, gently grabbing Chorong by her wrist in order to stop her. "Will you just wait for a second please?"

"I've just heard everything Eunji said, about how she doesn't know what's wrong in our relationship, do you know what that was like to hear?"

"I have a pretty good idea considering I'm to blame as well," Bomi states. "She confided in me about her relationship worries and I'm half of the reason she's having those worries."

"She's questioning our relationship Bomi, I felt like crying when she was pouring her heart out to you."

"Chorong –"

Chorong swallows hard before running her fingers through her hair. "We're breaking her heart, you do realise that right?"

"I know." Bomi sighs heavily. "We could always tell her."

"Tell her? Tell her that we've slept together and that the reason she thinks something is wrong is because there is something wrong, something that she isn't going to be able to fix," Chorong exclaims worriedly. "It will destroy her."

"Then what do you suggest we do?"

Chorong's tongue subconsciously darts out to her lips. "I need to go talk to Eunji," Chorong replies as she opens the front door. "I'll see you on Friday for the trip, right?"

"Of course."

Chorong gives her a genuine smile before she closes the door behind her. Bomi sighs and rests her forehead against the door.

"Is it safe to come out yet?"

In spite of everything that has just happened, she finds herself chuckling softly at Naeun's question. "Yeah, it's safe."

Naeun emerges from the bedroom carrying her coffee mug. She looks to the left to see Bomi leaning against the front door and her heart twinges with sadness for the blonde. She wants to ask if she's okay or if she wants to talk but right now she's not sure that's what Bomi wants.

She places the mug down on the kitchen counter and frowns at the plate of pancakes. "You made pancakes and never offered me any, are you aware of how rude that is of you, Bomi?" She says playfully and even though it takes a couple of seconds, she hears Bomi laugh.