Chapter 16

Untouchable Face

The first date, if it can be classed as a date, she ever went on had been with a girl called Heeyeon. Heeyeon played the drums in the school band and Bomi developed a crush on her shortly after meeting her. Heeyeon accepted the offer of a date and as a result Bomi had dinner with Heeyeon and her parents one evening after school. When Bomi's mom picked her up, she kissed Heeyeon on the cheek and said goodbye.

Well, they were only 10.

They never went on a second one.

When she dated Sohee, they often went on dates, usually to restaurants or the movies but since they broke up, she hasn't actually been on a date and it's surprising how nervous she feels.

Whether that's because of who she's going on a date with or because she's not going on a date with the person she really wants.

Either way, the nerves are settling in the pit of her stomach.

She runs her fingers through her hair to try and give it a messy look before smoothing down her dress. She feels a little out of place in a dress, she doesn't normally dress up, saving dresses for formal occasions. She's much more comfortable in casual clothes but Namjoo had told her to make the effort and as usual, she didn't bother arguing with the redhead.

As she leaves her bedroom she's greeted with a wolf whistle from Hayoung as the tall woman rakes her eyes appreciatively over Bomi's tight fitting red dress.

"I take it that derogatory wolf whistle means you approve."

Hayoung smirks as she drapes her arm over the back of Bomi's couch. "I most certainly do, you're looking hot Bomi. You should definitely wear dresses more often."

"Careful Hayoung, what would Namjoo say?" Bomi teases lightly.

Hayoung smirk simply widens. "She'd say the exact same."

"I'll take your advice on board."

"You're putting a lot of effort in considering I didn't even think you liked Naeun."

"I never said I didn't like her."

"So you do?"

Bomi shrugs lightly. "I don't even know her Hayoung-ah."

"So? That doesn't usually matter to you; I'm willing to bet that you can only remember enough names of people you've slept with to fill one hand."

"What can I say?" Bomi says with a smile. "I'm growing. And for your information, I do remember more names than just one hand."

"My bad," Hayoung says as she holds her hands up. "Two hands then."

Bomi chuckles as she heads to the mirror beside her front door and starts to apply raspberry chapstick. The icy cold weather is playing havoc with her lips, constantly leaving them dry and chapped. Through the mirror she watches Hayoung jump off the couch when she hears a knock at the door. Namjoo had left to grab some pizza for the two of them whilst Bomi got ready for her date. Bomi had asked why they felt the need to spend the night in her apartment when she wasn't even going to be there but apparently they want all the juicy details when she gets back.

"Sorry I'm late, I started talking to Yongguk and completely forgot about ordering," Namjoo says as she hands the pizza over to Hayoung who accepts it eagerly. "You look hot Bomi; you should wear dresses more often."

Hayoung smirks as she opens the pizza box, putting a slice of pizza on a plate. "I said the exact same thing babe."

Namjoo beams and gives her fiancée a kiss before taking a slice of pizza straight from the box. Hayoung has always had a thing where she has to eat pizza off a plate whereas Namjoo just grabs a slice from the box and eats it.

She's tried to tell Hayoung that eating pizza her way results in less washing up but the tall blonde still insists on using a plate.

"Are you excited?"

Bomi turns to look at Namjoo with a soft smile. "You could say that."

Namjoo bites a mouthful of pizza. "You can't sleep with her tonight."

"Who said I was going to?"

Both Hayoung and Namjoo release a burst of laughter and even Bomi has to smile at her own statement.

"It's what you do Bomi but you can't sleep with Naeun, I'm forbidding it."

"Seriously, I hadn't even thought about it but just out of curiosity, why can't I?"

Namjoo takes another bite of her pizza as Hayoung grabs another slice from the box for herself. "Naeun's not like the rest of the women you sleep with, she's not just some late night hook-up, she's my friend so I'm asking you to be nice to her."

"I'm always nice."

"You know what I mean."

Bomi can see how serious Namjoo is about this and it's not just said in jest. "I promise Namjoo," Bomi tells her before running her fingers through her hair once more. "What pizza did you get?"

"Meat feast," Hayoung says with a mouthful of food.

Bomi feels water at the information, coupled with the scent of the pizza wafting through the air towards her. She heads towards the kitchen and looks hungrily at the pizza. Her hand reaches out to pinch a slice before Hayoung's hand smacks hers away.

"You're going out for dinner."

"Then you shouldn't have bought my favourite pizza and chose to eat it in my apartment," Bomi chastises but doesn't attempt to pinch a slice again. "I'm going to meet Naeun," she informs them whilst shrugging on her coat. She turns to them both with a stern face. "House rule is the same as always, do not have in my bed," she says seriously because she knows what the couple are like.

They still have the libidos of teenagers.

"But anywhere else is fine?" Hayoung questions with just as much seriousness as Bomi's voice had held.

Bomi picks up a cushion from her couch and throws it towards her friend, smiling triumphantly when it hits her squarely in the face. Quickly she grabs her keys and leaves her apartment, hearing the cushion hit the door as soon as it's closed.

She's just leaving her apartment building when she bumps into somebody trying to enter. "Sorry," she says automatically, as she looks at the person she's bumped into. "What are you doing here?"

"I was coming to see you."

"I'm on my way out."

Chorong bobs her head as she allows her eyes to rake over Bomi's body, admiring silently the way the dress clings to her curves perfectly. Subconsciously her tongue darts out to her lips before she brings her eyes back up to meet brown ones. "I can see that, you look –" The word beautiful catches in . "Formal."

"Is that a compliment?"

"It's a statement."

Bomi chuckles lightly. "Why were you coming to see me?"

Chorong scuffs her feet against the sidewalk. "I wanted to thank you for what you said to Eunji this afternoon with regards to Jinsol," she explains quietly. "You didn't need to lie."

"I think that little white lie is the least of our problems," Bomi tells her before tilting her head to the side. "And you couldn't have said that by phone?"

"I didn't just want to tell you that."

Even though she'd quite like to stay and talk with Chorong, she has to go and meet Naeun. Besides, she doesn't want to have a conversation with the woman in the blistering cold and she obviously can't invite Chorong up to her apartment since Namjoo and Hayoung are up there.

"I'm supposed to meeting somebody so I can't really stay and chat," Bomi tells her as she tries to move past the brunette but Chorong simply steps in her way. "Chorong," she chastises softly.

"I just want to ask you a question and then I'll go."

Bomi exhales heavily, the longer she spends with Chorong, the harder it is to keep her hands to herself. "What is it?"

"Last night Eunji told me that on the day we met, she was on her way to meet you."

"I don't know what date that was."

"15th January," Chorong supplies.

Bomi shakes her head slowly but the look Chorong is sending her makes her pause to think. It had been over a year ago, how good a memory did Chorong think she had. She rubs her forehead as she thinks before realisation hits her and her hand stills.

"A couple of days earlier I'd had an interview for the Hankook Ilbo and I was told I got the job that day," Bomi explains. "Eunji said we should celebrate and since Yeouido Park was closer for us both than my apartment at the time, I suggested we met there."

"Did you take a magazine or something?"

Bomi frowns at Chorong, curiosity and confusion etched all over her face. "What? What does that have to do with anything?"

"It's important."

"Yeah I did," Bomi tells her as she remembers more about that day. "I started reading the new Spider-Man because Eunji wasn't there yet, she's always had a problem with punctuality. Except that day she never showed," Bomi states as she tugs her bottom lip between her teeth. "She sent me a text saying something had come up and she couldn't make it," Bomi says slowly before scoffing quietly. "You were the something that came up."

"Yeah."

Bomi releases a short laugh. "So you were the adorable brunette who slipped on the ice."

"I guess," Chorong replies because even though it was obviously her, she finds herself blushing at the word adorable and doesn't want to sound arrogant.

"How ironic," Bomi says before fastening her coat. "I really need to get going, I'm going to be late," she tells the other woman before moving past her and this time Chorong doesn't step in her way. "Chorong –."

"Yes."

Bomi breathes out slowly before shaking her head. She wants to tell Chorong how she feels annoyed at herself that by insisting she and Eunji met in Yeouido Park; she had unwittingly introduced Eunji and Chorong.

If it wasn't for her, the two women might never have met.

Her heart sinks at the tragic irony of the situation.

But she can't say that so instead she settles on some advice.

"Be careful walking home, it's icy out here."


 

She steps out of the cab at the requested meeting place and pays the cab driver before glancing at her watch. The conversation with Chorong added to the incredibly slow taxi driver had made her fifteen minutes late. When Naeun had suggested meeting in a bar before going to grab something to eat, Bomi had easily agreed because she never says no to a drink but now as she stands outside the bar, she wishes they'd just gone for dinner. Naeun had chosen to meet at Alley Pub's bar, the very same bar she first met Chorong in. Shrugging off her slight displeasure at the obvious unfortunate act of fate, she pushes open the door to the bar and walks in.

Naeun's sitting at the bar with her back to Bomi, currently paying attention to her phone. As Bomi closes the door behind her, Naeun looks over her shoulder and a smile crosses her face before a small amount of relief floods through her at the sight of Bomi.

She was getting worried she was being stood up.

"You came."

"Did you think I wouldn't?" Bomi asked with genuine curiosity before taking the available bar stool beside the tall woman.

"I wasn't sure," Naeun replies.

Bomi shrugs off her coat. "I'm sorry I'm late, something held me up."

Naeun waves the apology off. "It's okay, do you want a drink?"

"I'll have a glass of white wine please," Bomi replies and Naeun quickly catches the bartender's eye and orders two glasses of white wine. "You look nice," Bomi tells her as she takes in the dark-haired woman's appearance.

Naeun smiles gratefully before raking her eyes over Bomi's dress. "So do you, although I think nice might be a slight understatement."

"Well I try," Bomi jokes playfully.

Naeun chuckles before paying the bartender for the drinks. Bomi takes some money of out her bag as well but Naeun places her hand over Bomi's, stilling the action. "It's my treat."

"I'll get the next ones."

"You know Namjoo called me earlier, she wanted to give me tips for tonight; I think she really wants this date to go well."

The bartender places the glasses of wine on the bar in front of the women and Bomi immediately takes a sip. "She's engaged now; she wants to spread the romance. What were the tips?"

Naeun trails the rim of her glass with her index finger. "She told me to be friendly and wear a skirt because you like skirts."

Bomi tilts her head to the side as she glances once more at Naeun's attire.

She does like skirts.

"But the main tip she gave me was not to put out for you."

A short burst of laughter is emitted from Bomi. "She told you not to sleep with me?"

Naeun nods slowly. "Not on the first date anyway. Do you often sleep with women on first dates or something?"

"I don't often have first dates so I can't really answer that question."

"Neither do I."

Bomi tilts her head to side once more. "You don't?"

Naeun shakes her head. "When I first came to Seoul, I began a relationship and even though it ended about a year ago, I guess I'm a little worried about putting myself out there again because I don't want to end up heartbroken again." Naeun removes her glasses so she can rub the lenses lightly. "I suppose a part of me is still hung up on my ex too," the dancer continues before grimacing. "I'm sorry; ex-partners aren't the best topic of conversation for the first date. In fact I'm pretty sure it's a first date don't."

"No, it's okay. I don't mind if you talk about your ex," Bomi replies because it's nice to know that she's not the only one who's hung up on somebody right now. She takes another sip of her drink before speaking again. "How long were you together?"

"Two years," Naeun answers slowly. "What's your excuse for not having first dates?"

"Weirdly enough it's the same reason," Bomi tells her. "Except I'm not still hung up on my ex."

"But you are hung up on somebody?"

The words leave before she can stop them. "Somebody I can't have." Naeun bobs her head before taking a sip of her wine. "This has turned into a strange conversation for a first date," Bomi says lightly. "Aren't they normally supposed to consist of questions to help get to know each other?"

"We have asked questions, they're just not the normal ones," Naeun states before removing her glasses once more so she can rub her eyes and Bomi is struck yet again by how dark they are. She can remember thinking Naeun had nice eyes the first time they met at Namjoo's dance recital. "There's nothing fun about me Bomi, I'm just here and there."

Bomi chuckles softly. "I like that."

"Good."

"Do you want to know something funny?" Bomi asks and Naeun nods her head. "Namjoo made me promise that I wouldn't sleep with you, guess she told us the same thing."

"At least she's consistent."

Naeun shifts slightly and her left hand comes to rest on Bomi's thigh. The blonde glances at the hand, tempted to cross her legs disrupting the contact but she leaves it be.

Naeun tugs her bottom lip between her teeth. "Do you want to grab another drink after this or just head straight to dinner?"

"I honestly don't mind."

"How about another drink and then we head off?" Naeun suggests.

"How about we shake it up a bit?"

"What do you have in mind?"

Bomi rummages in her purse and pulls out some won notes. "How do you feel about tequila?"


 

It's three hours later when the women stumble out of the restaurant, giggles erupting from the pair of them as they make their way down the street, arms linked tightly together, mainly to support one another.

The one more drink rule in the bar extended to another glass of wine and two more shots of tequila before they decided to head to the restaurant where they proceeded to order more wine. Normally, Bomi doesn't drink this much on a date, she likes to keep a clear head but Naeun makes her feel at ease and comfortable and the serene woman seems to like alcohol as much as she does.

"We should not have ordered that second bottle of wine," Naeun states as they start walking down the street, even though she doesn't know where they're heading and she's not sure Bomi knows either.

"I think you'll find our mistake might have been the third bottle of wine."

Naeun holds one finger up and nods. "You're right."

"I always am."

Bomi hadn't expected to enjoy this date with Naeun but she's having a lot more fun than she's had in a while. She's not exactly sure when it happened but over the night, the dynamics between them have shifted.

Their evening together has changed from a date to friends catching up.

Instead of one person paying the bill, they each decided to pay for themselves but split the cost of the wine. Instead of holding hands whilst they walk, they're linking arms and instead of thinking about sleeping with the woman, Bomi's contemplating seeing her again.

Only this time as friends rather than a potential romantic interest.

She's never really had many female friends, Eunji, Hayoung and Namjoo are the only ones that have ever played a major part in her life. Normally she doesn't seek out friendships with girls and she's not even sure whether she can class Chorong as a friend right now because everything has become so complicated between the two of them.

It would be nice to add somebody else to her list of female friends and Bomi feels like Naeun would be a perfect fit. They're surprisingly alike and Bomi enjoys her company. She doesn't want to ruin a potentially good friendship by sleeping with her.

"Where are we going?" Naeun asks, a lot louder than she probably intended. "Do you live around here?"

"Are you suggesting you want to come back to my place?" Bomi states with a quirked eyebrow. "You wouldn't be going against Namjoo's advice now would you?"

Naeun chuckles. "Don't take this the wrong way but I could do with a bed just for sleep, no extra-curricular activities."

"Extra-curricular activities?"

"I'm not having with you Bomi."

Bomi places her hand over her heart feigning hurt. "I'm heartbroken."

Naeun laughs before bumping her hip against Bomi's. "Seriously though, where are we going?"

Bomi scans their environment before sticking her arm out to hail the passing cab. As it pulls over just a few metres in front of them Bomi pushes Naeun in the direction of the car. "Back to my place, I have more liquor."

During the cab ride, Bomi attempts to send a text to Hayoung and Namjoo telling them to leave her apartment. She may have made several mistakes but she's pretty sure the order was clear enough. Just as the cab pulls up outside Bomi's building, her phone beeps signalling a new text. She widens her eyes in an attempt to read the text before requesting Naeun's glasses.

The dark-haired woman laughs before handing her glasses over and watches as Bomi put them on, squinting immediately.

"These don't work," Bomi complains as she hands them back to Naeun.

"Is one of you going to pay me?" The annoyed voice of the driver wafts through the cab and Naeun huffs in exasperation before handing over the fare, making sure he doesn't receive a tip.

Stepping out of the car, Bomi squints again at the text. The words appear jumbled and she can't make out the reply for the life of her. "What does this say?"

Naeun takes the phone from Bomi and scans the message. "Gone home," Naeun reads slowly. "You took too long. I'm pretty sure she's used a few swear words too but I can't really see."

Bomi huffs loudly before taking the phone back and throwing it into her bag. She links her arm with Naeun's again as they enter the building before Naeun starts pressing the elevator button repeatedly.

Bomi shakes her head and points to the stairs. "Broken."

The women start to climb the flights of stairs in order to get to her apartment and as they reach the final step, Naeun trips up and Bomi wraps her arm instinctively around the other woman's waist to keep her steady.

"Somebody clearly can't handle their alcohol."

Naeun laughs before shaking her head. "The stairs were in my way. What apartment is yours?"

"4B," Bomi tells her.

"In that case, I think you have a visitor."

Bomi frowns before following Naeun's gaze to see Chorong standing outside her door, arms crossed, her face stoic as she stares at Bomi and Naeun, her gaze dropping to the hand wrapped around Naeun's waist.

If Bomi had been sober, she would have sworn that Chorong's eyes contained hurt but she's not sober.

Bomi clears before starting to walk again, completely by-passing Chorong as she unlocks the door of her apartment. She pushes it open before turning to face Naeun. "There's some vodka in one of the kitchen cabinets, help yourself and I'll be there in a second."

"Do you want me to leave so you two can be alone?"

Chorong mutters the word 'yes' under her breath, too quiet for Naeun to hear but just loud enough for Bomi to hear. She frowns at the brunette before shaking her head. "No, I don't want you to leave; I'll only be a few seconds."

Naeun doesn't bother arguing and heads towards the kitchen as Bomi closes the door behind her and it's just her and Chorong in the corridor.

"Three times in one day, this really is a pleasure."

Chorong rolls her eyes. "You're drunk."

"And you're not."

"I'm going to go; I can't have a proper conversation with you if you're drunk."

"Actually you're more truthful when you're drunk," Bomi slurs as she stumbles forward ever so slightly. Chorong grabs Bomi by the waist to keep her steady and when Bomi looks up, her nose brushes again Chorong's. A drunken smile crosses her face. "Hello."

Chorong rolls her eyes once more and releases her hold on Bomi, waiting to make sure she's steady on her feet. "How much have you had to drink?"

Bomi starts counting on her fingers before shrugging her shoulders.

"I'm going home; I'll leave you to your date." Chorong's voice is filled with jealousy and since Bomi's drunk, she's not trying to mask it as much as she should. Her date with Naeun is all Chorong has been able to think about since Eunji mentioned it to her this morning. When she visited Bomi earlier and noticed her attire, Bomi looked amazing but the knowledge that she had dressed that way for Naeun made Chorong's stomach flip. She's also a little disappointed Bomi didn't tell her where she was going, as if she was trying to hide it from her.

Although why should she had told Chorong? It's not like they're a couple.

Bomi doesn't need to tell her anything.

She starts to walk away from Bomi towards the stairs but a hand grasping her wrist gently, stops her immediately. She's reminded of their kiss the other week and with one touch; Bomi once again has control over her.

"What do you want to talk about?"

"It doesn't matter, I shouldn't have interrupted your date; evidently you had hopes for something more to happen."

"Do I detect a hint of jealousy?"

Chorong shakes her head fervently. Even though her jealousy is obvious, she still can't bring herself to admit it. "Why would I be jealous?"

"Why wouldn't you be? I'm hot," Bomi states as she gestures to herself.

"And incredibly modest," Chorong says and despite herself, she smiles at the drunken blonde. Relief floods through her that Bomi is turning her jealously into a joke rather than dwell on it. "You never told me you were going on a date."

"I didn't want to."

"Why not?"

Bomi swallows nervously before leaning against the wall to keep her balance. It's ironic how the last time she went to Alley Pub's Bar, it had been Chorong who was drunk and incredibly adorable at the same time as she watched on and now she's the one who's drunk whilst Chorong watches on.

"Why are you here?" Bomi asks quietly, avoiding Chorong's question completely.

"I wanted –" Chorong cuts herself off mid-sentence. "I wanted to see you," she admits shyly.

Bomi sends a drunken smile in the brunette's direction. "That's sweet."

Silence descends over the two women and Chorong watches as Bomi's eyes flutter shut before opening again. Chorong bites down on her bottom lip before speaking. "Are you going to sleep with her?"

"Naeun?"

Chorong scoffs. "Unless you have a hoard of women in your apartment, yes Naeun."

"I'm not a hoarder," Bomi tells her seriously. "I don't like clutter."

Chorong doesn't crack a smile. "Are you?"

"Are you still sleeping with Eunji?"

The brunette flinches at the question. Truth is, she hasn't engaged in ual with her girlfriend since before Christmas but she doesn't tell Bomi that. "She's my girlfriend."

Bomi sneers. "I'm young, free and single," she shouts as she waves her hands in the air.

The door to 4A opens and a short-haired woman stands in the doorway, hands on her hips. "Whatever's going on out here, can you maybe take it inside your apartment Bomi-ssi?"

"I'm really sorry we disturbed you," Chorong replies. "My friend is rather intoxicated and it appears to be a rather formidable challenge trying to talk to her at the moment but I'll ensure she keeps the noise down."

"Make sure you do," the woman says in a rather irritated tone before slamming the door.

"Ignore her," Bomi spits as the noise from the slammed door reverberates around the corridor. "Last time she had a party, she never invited me so I can do what I like."

"Evidently."

Bomi tilts her head to the side and gives Chorong a lop-sided smile. "Why do you care what I do or who I may or may not sleep with?"

This time it's Chorong's turn to swallow nervously. "I don't," she says adamantly. "I just…I thought you were maturing from somebody who just has one-night stands."

"Who said anything about this just being a one-night stand?"

For the briefest of seconds, hurt flashes across Chorong's face before she collects herself. "I didn't think you did relationships."

"And I thought you weren't jealous," Bomi states proudly.

Chorong huffs and throws her arms up in the air before turning around. This conversation was going round in circles and there's only so many times she can deny being jealous when she actually is. "I'll leave you to your date."

This time when Bomi grabs her wrist, she doesn't just stop the brunette; instead she tugs her backwards. Chorong stumbles a little at the force Bomi used to pull her back and rests her hands against Bomi's shoulders to steady herself.

"What are you doing?"

Bomi doesn't answer; she simply leans forward and kisses Chorong. Chorong allows herself to respond for a second, the taste of raspberries is disguised by the smell of alcohol and at that realisation the kiss is over as Chorong pushes the blonde away from her.

"You can't do that Bbom-ah."

Bomi pouts before burying her head in the crook of Chorong's neck and Chorong lets her because right now, it feels too good being this close with Bomi to step back. "I know but I can't help myself when I'm around you," Bomi mumbles into the other woman's neck. "I don't want to pretend our kiss never happened."

Chorong shudders momentarily at the feeling of Bomi's hot breath against her neck. She knows she should let the blonde go inside, preferably to bed alone, and go home herself but there's something about the sudden vulnerability lacing Bomi's voice that stops her.

"We have to."

"Why?"

"Because I have a girlfriend," Chorong states and she's well aware of how she's beginning to sound like a broken record. "Eunji, your best friend."

Bomi places an open-mouthed kiss on Chorong's pulse point and Chorong could have sworn she heard Bomi mumble "I want you" against her neck. Bomi pulls away and rests against the wall once more.

"I should have met you first."

Chorong frowns. "What?"

"In Yeouido Park, if I'd have been paying attention instead of reading my comic, I could have met you before Eunji."

"How?"

Bomi's eyes flutter shut for a second before she forces them back open. "Because I would have helped you up rather than Eunji."

Chorong's heart starts beating that little bit faster at Bomi's statement. "You saw me fall?"

Bomi shakes her head and brushes her lips against Chorong's in the briefest of touches. "I wasn't paying attention but I wish I had been."

"You can't change the past."

The corner of Bomi's mouth tugs upwards. "Unless you have a delorian or a TARDIS."

Chorong laughs at Bomi's comment and she has to admit drunken Bomi is rather cute. She lets herself look at Bomi's outfit again and suddenly the memory that Naeun is still waiting in Bomi's apartment comes back to her. Another surge of jealousy flows through her only this time it's intensified because Bomi never actually said she wasn't going to sleep with Naeun.

"I need to go."

"Stay."

Chorong's face softens at the fragility of Bomi's voice. "You have company."

"You could join us?"

Chorong's eyes widen. "Is this your vulgar way of suggesting we have a ?"

Bomi bursts into laughter, sliding down the wall as she loses her balance. "I don't want a ," Bomi tells Chorong in between laughs. "I would never share you."

She's not even sure whether Bomi realises what she's just said but Chorong's heart soars with adoration. She holds her hands out to help the other woman stand up and when Bomi places her hand in Chorong's, they both feel the spark.

Chorong wraps her arm around Bomi's waist before opening the door to the blonde's apartment. There's no immediate sign of Naeun but on the coffee table is a bottle of vodka and two glasses. "Maybe you should go to bed rather than drink more."

"Alright mom."

"I'll leave you to it," Chorong says as she releases her hold on Bomi.

"I'll call you," Bomi offers.

"I have a feeling you're not going to remember this conversation in the morning."

Bomi leans forward and places a kiss on Chorong's cheek, lingering there longer than she should and the scent of alcohol is rather overpowering for Chorong. "I'll remember."

"There you are," Naeun states as she returns from the bathroom. "I thought you'd passed out or something."

Bomi spins around to stare at her potential new friend. "No such luck I'm afraid," she glances at the vodka bottle before back to Naeun. "Are you going to pour us some or not?"

Naeun obliges and starts pouring the vodka into the glasses. "Should I pour three glasses?" She questions uneasily as she looks at Chorong who is glaring at her harshly.

"I don't drink," Chorong says automatically. "And I'm not staying. Goodbye Bomi."

Bomi taps her index finger against her lips, quietly signalling she wants a kiss from Chorong. Chorong can't believe how bold Bomi is being. She's acting like she's saying goodbye to her girlfriend and wants one more kiss before she goes. Chorong glances at Naeun out of the corner of her eye but the dark-haired woman has her attention solely on ensuring she doesn't spill any vodka on the coffee table.

Bomi taps her lips again, this time more impatiently and even though she knows she shouldn't, Chorong steps forward and presses a chaste kiss on her lips before opening the front door and leaving the apartment.

As she walks down the stairs, she tells herself that the only reason she kissed Bomi was because the blonde wouldn't give up until she did, but once again, she's only lying to herself.