Chapter 19

Untouchable Face

After she broke up with Changsub, she had spent several days lounging about in her home, not changing out of her pyjamas and wallowing in self-pity, disappointed that her relationship had come to an end. For a week, she kept a box of tissues close to hand just in case her tear ducts were still working after the inordinate amount of tears she had managed to produce as a result of the break up.

Even though it had been her choice to terminate the relationship, she still grieved the end of her first relationship. She had dreamed of marrying Changsub when they first started dating so to realise that that wasn't going to happen anymore made her start crying and then she found herself unable to stop.

Changsub was after all, her first love. He will always hold a special place in her heart and even though she knew breaking up was the right decision; it still stung for quite a while afterwards.

After Bomi told her that they needed to end whatever was going on between, she felt the need to cry. Even though the only relationship they had shared had been a tentative friendship filled with stolen kisses, she felt like Bomi had broken up with her.

They weren't a couple yet something definitely ended when Bomi left her apartment.

That had been a week ago and she hadn't spoken to or seen Bomi since then and unsurprisingly, it's been rather difficult for her. She's found herself wanting to phone Bomi just to see how she is or to ask how she plans to spend Valentine's Day. She tells herself it's because she's interested in Bomi's life from a friend perspective but deep down she wants to know whether Bomi's struggling as much as she is or whether Bomi is spending the romantic holiday with somebody.

Not speaking to Bomi proved most difficult yesterday after she received some rather important news. Her first instinct had been to call Bomi and share the good news but after she finished dialling her number, she remembered that they weren't supposed to talk to each other unless it was unavoidable.

That they had to try and stop what had been happening for the sake of Eunji.

So she placed her phone back in her bag and decided that she would just tell Bomi the news the next time they saw each other.

Unfortunately, she didn't anticipate that the next time she would be seeing Bomi would be in the company of everybody else.

If she thought the dinner party back in November had been uncomfortable then right now surpasses that by quite a way. She sits awkwardly on the couch whilst everybody starts talking around her and she quietly hopes that the afternoon will be over shortly.

She doesn't know how much longer she can take in everybody's company without somebody noticing her tense posture and worried demeanour.

With everything that happened with Bomi, she had completely forgotten about her bridesmaids dress fitting with Namjoo and the rest of her bridesmaids and as a result, the date had somewhat sneaked up on her. Namjoo had told her over a month ago about the day, ordering her to save the date. She also informed her that her fellow bridesmaids would be Seungyeon and Yookyung from high school and Naeun from her dance school would be maid of honour.

She was thrilled to hear that Seungyeon and Yookyung were going to be bridesmaids as well because she hadn't seen them since graduation. Namjoo on the other hand had stayed in contact with them. Not that Chorong is surprised, Namjoo was keen to remain friends with everybody once high school finished.

When she first found out that Naeun was going to be maid of honour, Namjoo had followed up the announcement by apologising to Chorong for not picking her. Although she didn't mind because until she met Eunji, she hadn't really seen Namjoo that much since leaving high school. They occasionally talked on the phone and arranged a trip to a nearby coffee shop every couple of months but they weren't best friends.

Besides, Namjoo does see Naeun every day at work.

Even though she had no need to apologise, Chorong still appreciated the apology.

She had no problem with Naeun being maid of honour and Chorong initially saw an opportunity to befriend one of Namjoo's friends but now that she knows who Naeun is and that the raven-haired woman has some form of interest in Bomi, Chorong's not as quick to extend the hand of friendship. A sense of uneasiness fills her stomach at the thought of sharing Namjoo and Hayoung's special day with both Naeun and Bomi.

Granted the feeling of uneasiness that is currently spreading through her could also be due to the presence of Eunji and Bomi in the bridal store along herself and Naeun.

She steals a glance at the dark-haired woman chatting animatedly to Namjoo in front of the mirror and scowls slightly even though nobody can see her. Naeun's the type of girl Chorong envied during her school's days, the natural beauty who can have anybody they want and who everybody wants to be with. She looks perfect, not one strand of black hair is out of place and the thick rimmed glasses she is wearing just showcase her dark eyes wonderfully.

Even though she's not the biggest fan of Naeun right now, even Chorong has to admit that the other woman is gorgeous.

She's not surprised Bomi wanted to date her.

Despite seeing her flawless appearance, Chorong also sees somebody that quite possibly spent the night with Bomi and she hates that she doesn't know what happened between Naeun and Bomi on their date. She has no right to be curious but no matter how hard she tries, she can't help but wonder whether they slept together.

At the dinner party in November, Hayoung made it pretty clear that Bomi partook quite often in one-night stands and Chorong should know how true that is since she was after all, supposed to just be a one-night to the blonde.

She shakes her head in an attempt to rid those thoughts as she watches Bomi walk over to Naeun and starts talking to her but Chorong is too far away to hear what they are discussing. Somehow, Namjoo's bridesmaids fitting had turned into both hers and Hayoung's bridesmaids fitting which means that she is now sitting in a bridal store surrounded by Hayoung, Namjoo, Eunji, Bomi, Yookyung, Seungyeon and Naeun.

Obviously just being in the store with Namjoo, Yookyung, Seungyeon and Naeun wouldn't have been awkward enough.

On the bright side, she has been able to speak to Yookyung and Seungyeon for the first time in years. She's pleased to find out that Yookyung and Taehyung are still very much together and they actually married in a small ceremony two years ago. Seungyeon on the other hand is working in the music business, something that Chorong always expected the woman to do after graduation.

"Are you okay?"

Chorong lifts her attention away from Bomi and Naeun to see Namjoo standing in front of her, her head tilted to the side in perfect curiosity.

"Do you not like the dresses I've picked?" She questions with a hint of disappointment. "I thought you liked the colour red. I can always ask Hayoung if we can change the colour or the style but I think it might be a bit too late now."

Chorong glances at the other women who are currently wearing their bridesmaid dresses, she had yet to try hers on because they were taking it in turns so Namjoo and Hayoung could pay close attention to how each dress fit on every woman and currently it was Eunji's turn to try hers on. "There's no need to do that, the dresses are perfect Joo," Chorong clarifies, settling her friend's doubts.

Her friend takes a seat beside her. "Then what's wrong because you look like a sad panda right now?"

"I'm just feeling a little under the weather," Chorong tells her. "Once it's passed, I'll be fine."

She knows her friend is lying but Namjoo accepts the answer without question. She thinks back to a week ago when Hayoung admitted that she didn't know whether Bomi and Chorong would do anything whilst Chorong was in a relationship with Eunji. Namjoo knew immediately that her fiancée was lying to her and that Hayoung did know whether they'd do anything.

Her eyes always shift to the right whenever she lies.

It's a tell that Namjoo first noticed within a couple of months of dating but has chosen to keep her knowledge a secret because it can come in handy sometimes.

Hayoung remained calm and pleasant during dinner with her parents but as soon as they left Namjoo and Hayoung alone, her fiancée started to murmur to herself and she tidied away the dinner plates with a tensed body. Namjoo didn't need to ask why Hayoung was angry because she already knew.

Her fiancée felt conflicted because she is friends with both Bomi and Eunji and therefore, she didn't know what to do.

In their friendship, Bomi has always been the central point. Eunji's best friend is Bomi and Hayoung's best friend is Bomi. Naturally, Hayoung felt more of an allegiance with Bomi, but she knew that the situation was wrong and something had to be done.

Namjoo tried to calm her down and they both made a promise not to interfere. After all, it wasn't really any of their business. She thinks deep down that she knew Hayoung wouldn't be able to keep that promise so she was unable to stay mad at her for very long.

Namjoo had been scouring takeaway menus when Hayoung returned home after her conversation with Bomi and proceeded to inform her of everything that had happened between them. At first Namjoo didn't want to hear anything because she expected that Bomi wouldn't want more people to know about the unfortunate situation she found herself in, but Hayoung had simply told her that they had promised to never keep secrets from one another.

As a result, it's not only Hayoung that feels conflicted.

Namjoo wants Chorong to be able to open up to her like Bomi has opened up to Hayoung but she knows Chorong well enough to know that's not going to happen. If there is one thing Namjoo prides herself on, it's her patience so she'll wait until Chorong feels comfortable enough to tell her.

"You know you can talk to me Chorong. If you wanted to, you should know that I'm pretty open-minded," Namjoo tells her; mainly so her friend knows that she has the choice to talk to her should she want to.

"Talk to you about what?"

The redhead's eyes dart in Bomi's direction for the briefest of seconds before she shrugs her shoulders. "Anything that's on your mind."

Chorong breathes in deeply. If Hayoung knows about her and Bomi, chances are so does Namjoo and this is Namjoo's way of asking her to talk to her. Chorong wants to, she wants to be able to be open about her feelings to somebody but in the middle of the bridal store isn't the best place for a frank discussion. Instead she sends a grateful smile in her friend's direction.

"Thank you for the offer Namjoo, I'll definitely keep that in mind."

Namjoo bobs her head lightly, slightly surprised at her friend's reaction. She had been expecting Chorong to say she didn't have anything to talk about. She glances up as Eunji appears from the fitting rooms and pats Chorong on the knee. "It's your turn to try on your dress."


 

Standing in front of the mirror, she glances at the woman staring back at her. She's always been somewhat comfortable with her appearance, at least behind the masquerade of clothing. It's a different story when she's wearing underwear or nothing at all. She knows she's not the most attractive person in the world but she became happy with her appearance some years ago.

She just needs to come to terms with her body issues now.

But now, as she stares at the woman looking back at her, she barely recognises herself.

There are dark circles beginning to form underneath her eyes because she hasn't been able to sleep properly for weeks. Every time she closes her eyes, she pictures Bomi and when she finally falls to sleep, she dreams about what would happen should Eunji ever find out. The dream is always the same, Eunji spits the words 'I hate you' and 'I never want to see you' at her and then she wakes up in a cold sweat.

Whilst she used to look in the mirror and focus on her pores or the persistent bit of fat around her stomach that she couldn't shift, now she's focused on what type of person she has become.

For the first time in a long time, Chorong doesn't notice her pores or the fat on her stomach.

She always thought that the day she stopped worrying about them would be the day she was truly happy in her body.

It turns out that those worries have just been replaced by another set of worries.

Yet more things she dislikes about herself.

"Chorong, are you stuck in your dress?" Namjoo shouts from the store. "That's happened to me before."

Chorong responds by opening the curtain and leaving the fitting room area and entering the main area of the store, coming face to face with the other women. Her cheeks flush as six pairs of eyes fall on her, two sets lingering over her body for a little longer than necessary.

She spins at Namjoo's request before standing still as Namjoo observes her dress, ensuring it fits everywhere.

"It fits," Namjoo says with glee as she claps her hands softly. "Everybody's dresses fit; we don't need to make any alterations." She kisses her fiancée on the cheek. "We can cross off bridesmaids' dresses on our checklist."

Hayoung smiles at the redhead. "Unless somebody decides to gain a few extra pounds," Hayoung says as she stares at the other women. "I hope you're all listening to this, no gaining weight until after the wedding."

"You look amazing babe," Eunji states as she comes to stand beside her girlfriend.

Chorong flushes a little bit more but appreciates the compliment because it reassures her. "Thank you," she replies gratefully before looking at her girlfriend's dress. The betrothed couple had decided to go for the same bridesmaids' dresses but different shades of red. Namjoo's bridesmaids were going to be wearing a light shade of red whilst Hayoung's bridesmaids would be wearing crimson coloured dresses. "So do you."

Eunji reaches for her girlfriend's hand and entwines their fingers. "After this fitting and the meal, I need to talk to you."

Chorong swallows nervously. "That sounds ominous."

"It wasn't supposed to," Eunji says as she starts to backtrack. "It's nothing bad; well nothing too bad but you might not like the news. In fact, I'm pretty sure Hayoung and Namjoo won't like the news either."

"Okay, consider me intrigued," Chorong tells her. "I don't understand why you can't tell me now."

"I just want to tell you in private," Eunji says as an explanation.

Worry floods through her at the thought that Eunji needs to talk to her. Stereotypically, hearing the words 'we need to talk' in a relationship isn't a good thing.

"Is everything okay?"

Eunji nods slowly. "Yeah, of course. Don't worry about it," she whispers lightly before pecking her girlfriend's lips.

Even though she's been told not to worry, it doesn't stop her from worrying.

"Relax babe," Eunji orders lightly. "I didn't mean to worry you." She cups her girlfriend's cheek before giving her a chaste kiss. "I love you."

Her girlfriend heads towards Yookyung and Seungyeon and immediately starts a conversation with them. That's one of the things Chorong loves about Eunji, her ability to form a friendship with anybody, no matter how long she's known them. She's completely comfortable with starting a conversation with somebody she doesn't know and her ability to make people feel at ease results in forming friendships easily.

When they had their first date, Chorong had expected to encounter several awkward silences. She thought that it was natural on first dates. After all, she still endured them with Changsub sometimes after they've been dating for over a year. She was pleasantly surprised when they didn't encounter any at all. Eunji made her feel comfortable and their conversation just flowed naturally, almost as if they'd known each other for months.

Over a year later and that comfort and easiness hasn't dwindled.

So why does Chorong feel the pull towards Bomi when she has everything she's ever wanted in a relationship with Eunji?

She heads towards the mirror on the opposite side of the bridal store and observes her dress once more. Namjoo has chosen a really lovely dress for her bridesmaids to wear and Chorong actually likes the apparel.

Her breath hitches as Bomi comes into view behind her through the mirror. She daren't turn around, choosing to focus on the blonde through the shield of the mirror instead.

"You look –" Bomi starts before cutting herself off. "That dress is –" She cuts herself off once more and Chorong watches her run her fingers through her hair haphazardly. Bomi decides to settle on a comforting smile and sends it her way, knowing full well that Chorong is observing her every move in the mirror.

What she had really wanted to say was that she looked beautiful, that the dress is perfect for her and she looks better than anybody else in this bridal store but she doesn't.

Bomi turns around and starts walking away from Chorong towards everybody else. The brunette turns around slowly and tugs her bottom lip between her teeth. "Bomi?"

The blonde halts immediately at the sound of her name falling from Chorong's lips. She spins back around to face the brunette. "Yes."

Chorong ducks her head so her eyes are entranced with the white carpet. She wants to tell Bomi that yesterday she received a phone call from Kyungsoo telling her how her audition went. She wants to tell Bomi that because of her, she's going to be starring in her first Towol Theater play and she wants Bomi to congratulate her but she's unable to form any of those words.

She's temporarily mute and it's unnerving for her so instead, she shakes her head. "Nothing, it doesn't matter."

Bomi bobs her head lightly but doesn't make any sign of moving. "Chorong?"

Chorong raises her head to meet Bomi's eyes and instantly feels spellbound by the intense brown eyes staring back at her, a mixture of want and lust hidden behind them. "Yes."

"Red is definitely your colour."


 

"Five dollars says that woman is going to cry within the next minute."

Bomi follows Naeun's gaze to see a bride-to-be trying on a wedding dress at the other end of the store, an older woman standing beside her, gushing proudly.

Obviously the mother.

"Who? The bride or the mother?"

Naeun tilts her head to the side for a moment. "The mother."

Bomi chuckles and holds her hand out for Naeun to shake. "Okay, I'll go with the bride-to-be then."

Both observe the other two women for several more seconds before the mother starts dabbing at her eyes with a tissue. Naeun gives Bomi an over-exaggerated fist pump before holding out her hand. "Pay up lil' Bomi."

"Damn, I've left my money in my other dress," Bomi retorts as she glances down at her bridesmaids dress. She's not really sure why they haven't been allowed to change back into their normal clothes yet but she doesn't bother arguing with Namjoo or Hayoung.

"You owe me a drink," Naeun compromises before grabbing her stomach as it rumbles. "Holy, I am so hungry, I could actually eat a three-course meal and still have room for more. How serious do you think Hayoung was about not gaining weight?" She questions with a playful glint behind her eyes.

"She was definitely serious and if I were you, I wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of her."

"Speaking from experience there?"

Bomi nods slowly before looking around the store to gage how far away everybody is from her and Naeun, trying to decide whether it's safe to talk to her about Chorong. Deciding it is, she leans back on the couch. "Let's just say you're not the only person who knows about my –" Bomi exhales heavily. "Let's call it my secret."

"Really? How did that happen? I thought you wanted to keep things to yourself."

"I didn't just decide that it would be more fun to tell people," Bomi replies seriously. "Hayoung told me she knew and things spiralled from there."

"A mess."

Bomi nods along with Naeun's statement. Naeun looks to her left to where Chorong is sitting beside an auburn-haired woman. She had only learned a couple of hours that her name was Eunji and she was a friend of Hayoung. When Bomi had told her that Chorong was in a relationship with one of her friends, Naeun hadn't expected the friend in question to be Bomi's best friend.

Yet something else she learned a couple of hours ago.

"I didn't think the friend in question would be your best friend," Naeun whispers so nobody else can hear them. "Why didn't you tell me that part?"

"I already feel bad enough about it without admitting it to you."

"Chorong looked really good in her bridesmaids dress today," Naeun tells her. "She looked better than me in fact but in my defence, red isn't in my colour."

"Were you checking her out?" Bomi asks playfully although her voice holds a serious tone.

"Why, would you be jealous if I were?" Bomi frowns for a second before relaxing when Naeun offers her a small smile. "You're cute when you're possessive over her."

"I'm not possessive over her," Bomi retaliates. "She can do what she wants."

Naeun glances to over her shoulder to see Chorong and Eunji chatting animatedly and when Bomi follows her gaze, her heart sinks at the normality of their actions and focuses on how happy they both look. "She seems happy."

Maybe it's the sparkle in Chorong's eyes or how her hand reaches across to Eunji's arm or the wide smile on her face but Bomi finds herself nodding. "Yeah, she does."

She wants Eunji to be happy but a small part of her hoped that maybe Chorong wasn't too happy with Eunji and that was why she felt a pull towards Bomi. She feels terrible for thinking that but clearly looking at the pair of them right now proves her wrong.

"How is the whole following your heart thing going?"

"It's not," Bomi deadpans. "I can't do that to Eunji so I'm staying away."

Naeun releases a loud burst of laughter causing everybody to look at her with quirked eyebrows. "Sorry, I just remembered something funny I saw earlier. Don't you just love it when that happens? One minute everything is fine and then you remember something funny and you just crack up."

Everybody simply stares at her, some with curious looks on their face but Namjoo is grinning widely at her. "I do that all the time."

Satisfied at the explanation, everybody returns to their conversations leaving Bomi and Naeun to theirs.

"What was so funny?"

"You saying you're staying away."

"Why is that funny?"

"When you were telling me about her after our date, your entire face lit up at just the mention of her name," Naeun replies honestly. "Bomi, it's obvious that you're in love with her, I mean I could see that without even really talking to you about her. You can say you're staying away from her all you want but you won't be able to do it."

"Yes I will, I care about Eunji too much to ruin our friendship."

"I don't want to sound mean or blunt Bomi but –" Naeun starts before brushing some hair behind her ear. "You've slept with her girlfriend; can you honestly tell me that your friendship isn't already ruined to some degree?"

"I want to do the right thing."

"For who?"

"What?"

Naeun places her hand over Bomi's. "Who do you want to do the right thing for? Her or yourself? Trust me on this, is not the same thing."

 

She takes one last glance in the mirror at her bridesmaids dress in the fitting room with a half-smile. After Hayoung threatened that she would be organising Bomi's bridesmaids dress, she had presumed that it would be a tacky and horrible dress that didn't suit her at all.

Something bright orange or luminous yellow.

Luckily, the red dress she is wearing is really nice and she presumes that it is all Namjoo's doing rather than Hayoung's.

Not that she isn't grateful for that.

She undresses slowly, stripping down to her underwear and hanging the bridesmaids dress on the hook on the wall. She's always felt on show in fitting rooms, even though she's in private, something about the situation has always made her feel a little uncomfortable so she prefers to get the process over and done with as quickly as possible.

Her jeans are in her hands when somebody starts to pull the curtain open. She grabs the end of it quickly before it opens completely.

"I'm in here," she shouts, hoping that the person trying to enter is somebody from their group of friends.

"I know, you idiot."

She calms down at the voice before releasing her grasp on the curtain. As soon as her grip relaxes, Hayoung pulls the curtain open and steps inside, closing the curtain behind her.

"Hayoung, what the hell?" Bomi protests as she holds the dress against her body to cover herself.

Her friend rolls her eyes in a playful manner. "Oh please. There's no need to be shy Bomi-ah. I've seen you in less than your underwear before."

"What? When?"

Hayoung chuckles dryly. "You really shouldn't drink vodka, on your 21st birthday I saw more than I cared to."

Bomi flushes as she thinks back to her 21st birthday. She had drunk an excessive amount of alcohol to the point where she couldn't even remember how she got home that night. The only thing she could remember was being violently sick the following morning. She thought that had been bad enough but now she's learned she must have flashed her friend or exposed herself in some way, Bomi feels mortified.

"Look on the bright side, at least you're hot."

Bomi holds the dress even tighter against her body suddenly feeling self-conscious. "Even if you have seen me , that doesn't give you the right to barge in her whilst I'm changing."

"You let go of the curtain, I presumed that meant it was okay to come in."

"I let go because I was relieved to hear your voice instead of a stranger," Bomi explains. "It wasn't an invitation Hayoung-ah."

"I thought talking in private might be more beneficial for you than talking in front of people."

Bomi frowns harshly. "If you're planning on slapping me again you can leave because I'm really not in the mood."

"I'm not going to slap you, don't worry."

"Then what do you want?"

"I just wanted to make sure you were okay," Hayoung tells her softly as she rests against the wall. Her tone is unbelievably soft and Bomi listens carefully, absorbing the moment because she's not used to hearing Hayoung speak like this. "I know it must be inconvenient that Chorong's here."

"Can we not talk about this right now?" Bomi hisses. "In case it's escaped your notice, the situation between me and Chorong isn't something I want to be public news."

"Everybody's in the store talking about the wedding, nobody can hear us Bbom."

Even though that doesn't provide much comfort to her, she finds herself answering Hayoung's earlier statement regardless. "It's more than inconvenient Lie, it's ing horrible."

Hayoung grimaces lightly. "Namjoo wanted us to combine the bridesmaids' fittings," Hayoung explains. "I told her not to but she really wanted to and you know I can't say no to her."

"It's just, you told me I had to stay away and now she's here," Bomi says as she runs her fingers through her hair. "I'm not blaming you okay, I just…you don't have any idea how hard it is for me to not be able to go up and start talking to her."

"I can imagine."

"No, you can't Hayoung," Bomi bites back. "Because you've never been in this situation."

"Bomi –"

"I understand why you told me to end things, don't get me wrong, I know you were only trying to do the right thing but you have no clue what's going on between me and Chorong right now."

"You never know, it might get easier over time," Hayoung suggests, even though she doesn't even believe that herself.

Bomi scoffs. "Staying away from her isn't going to make me forget that I'm in love with her Hayoung."

Hayoung's mouth opens slowly before she closes it again. "You're in love with her?"

"I told you that."

"No you didn't," Hayoung states. "You said you thought you were in love with her."

Bomi realises that Hayoung is right, this is the first time she's actually admitted to being in love with Chorong and the surprise declaration has not only shocked Hayoung, it's shocked her. Still, she doesn't bother arguing with herself. "I wasn't sure whether I was or not," she explains. "Then after I told her that nothing more could happen between us, I just wanted to head back to her apartment and take everything back. I wanted to tell her to ignore me and it's not because I don't care about Eunji, it's because I don't want to lose Chorong. I'm in love with her, Hayoung."

"Out of all our friends, why you?"

"I guess I'm just that lucky," Bomi murmurs sarcastically before resting against the opposite wall from Hayoung. "Do you still think staying away from her is the best option?"

"If I'm being honest, I thought the best option was for you to tell Eunji."

"I can't do that, I told you."

Hayoung exhales heavily. "Bomi, this isn't just a crush. If you're in love with her girlfriend, it isn't going to go away and Eunji needs to know. She's planning her future with somebody that might not love her back."

"Chorong loves her back," Bomi replies instantly.

Hayoung's answer is just as quick. "Are you sure about that?" She quirks her eyebrow as she asks the question. "What if she doesn't Bomi? What if she loves you?"

"She doesn't love me."

"How do you know?" Hayoung asks with genuine curiosity. "Look, I know I told you to stay away from her but that might have been the wrong advice and I apologise but I was shocked at everything you told me. I thought…no, I hoped that you'd get over your feelings for her and everything would work out but that's not going to happen. It can't happen if you love her. Somebody is going to end up hurt no matter what but if you keep lying, it's only going to make things ten times worse."

"A week ago you were happy with my decision to end things with Chorong."

"I wasn't exactly doing cartwheels Bomi. I made a mistake, I should have only given you one option, tell Eunji. That's the only decent thing to do."

"I know Hayoung but I can't," Bomi replies. "You have to understand that."

"I do."

"Staying away from Chorong is going to work," Bomi says adamantly. Whether she's trying to convince Hayoung or herself, she's not too sure. "I'm going to make sure it does."

Hayoung runs her fingers through her hair. "In the past week, have you spoken to Eunji?" Bomi shakes her head. "Have you spoken to her today?"

"Not really."

"How is staying away from Chorong going to work if you end up staying away from Eunji too?" Hayoung questions lightly. "You're her best friend; she's going to notice that you're avoiding her."

"Hayoung-ah, a week ago you gave me some advice and now you're changing your mind," Bomi tells her. "I've ended things with Chorong and you know what, I don't even know how she feels about me so I'm not going back on my word. I just need a couple of weeks and my friendship with Eunji will be back to normal."

"I don't think that's going to happen Bomi."

Bomi shakes her head fervently. "It will."

Once again, she's not sure who she is trying to convince.


 

She waits silently until she hears the curtain opening once more and somebody leaves. She's not sure whether it's Hayoung or both Hayoung and Bomi. After a couple of seconds, she hears their voices disappear signalling that both of them are back in the main part of the store. Her head falls back against the wall as she allows her eyes to close. She hadn't meant to eavesdrop but then she heard Hayoung mention her name and her curiosity peaked. As a result she found herself listening intently to everything Hayoung and Bomi said.

They obviously didn't know that she was next door to them.

She had just finished changing out of her dress and was about to head back to everybody else when the conversation began and she remained rooted to her spot, unable to move.

Unable to leave.

Even though the other women have left, she's still unable to move and her mind is replaying the conversation she has just heard.

She can't believe it.

What Bomi has just admitted changes everything.

"Babe?"

She clears before answering. "Yeah?"

"Are you okay?" The voice asks her and she can see their shadow underneath the curtain. "You've been in there quite a while."

"I'm fine," she replies quietly. "The zipper on my skirt became stuck and I spent ages trying to fix it but everything's okay now."

"Okay, well I think Namjoo wants us to leave and head for the meal so how much longer will you need to change?"

She pulls back the curtain with the bridesmaids dress in her hands. "I'm ready now; I was just about to leave when you came to check on me."

Her girlfriend entwines their fingers together and gives her a chaste kiss. "You really did look amazing in that dress Rong."

Chorong flushes lightly at the compliment and how sincere it is. "Thank you."

"Are you sure you're okay?"

Chorong bobs her head lightly. "Yeah, I'm just hungry."

"You and me both, I think my stomach is going to start eating itself if we don't eat soon."

She laughs at her girlfriend before following her back into the main part of the store. Her eyes immediately find Bomi but the blonde woman has her back to her and Chorong is actually grateful because right now, she has no idea what to do with her newfound knowledge.