Clown Comedy

Welcome to Waikiki
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Drip. Drop. Drip. The sound of dripping water echoed throughout the quiet guest house. The sun had set hours ago and everyone and their mothers were asleep. Well, everyone except one Myoui Mina. She took a sip of her coffee as she let her current situation seep into reality. The colorful inhabitants of the house helped mute the rational part of her mind with their not-so-normal mundane lives. Just the day before, Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung attempted to try out their new sport which ended up being a mix of curling and human bowling. By the end of the game, they totaled to three broken vases and two cups.

Mina uttered a hollow laugh and took a sip of her drink. She couldn't help but feel that she was outlier when in their company; all of them were all unique and close, and herself? She was just a guest a stranger. Though they treated her warmly, her insecurities told her that they were all faking it like everyone else in her life. In the silence of the night, the doubt that used to lay dormant during the day was wide awake and consumed her entire being. It told her that they were only using her for her money. The voice inside her head was right though. Her large bank account guarenteed their hospitality and kindness towards her, but the smiles directed to her were so genuine that she couldn't help, for just one moment, believe that they were real.

But she had been in this situation before, and she won't be fooled the same way twice.

Finishing the last of her drink, Mina placed her cup in the sink and rinsed it. She reached for the sponge, but the sound of metal hitting metal forced all of the muscles in her body to freeze up. She was pretty sure everyone was asleep, so who was at the door?! 

The tell-tale creaking told her that the unkn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter