Needed Confirmation

Welcome to Waikiki
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyoung woke up to the chirping birds, sunshine streaming through the curtains, and a soft song resounding through their home courtesy of Jihyo. Chaeyoung snuggled closer to her blankets and pillows. She intended to take advantage of the calmness rarely in the house and go back to sleep for a few more minutes. Her eyes closed and she was falling back to sleep. Almost.

A loud snore broke the peace that Chaeyoung treasured and she sat up to inspect the thing that made that unholy sound. A lump of blankets and pillows laid down on the bed closest to the window. It was vaguely human but she couldn't be too sure. Chaeyoung was unable to clearly see their face because they were tightly bundled in their coccoon and had no sign of being conscious anytime soon. Chaeyoung grabbed a fistful of the blankets and pulled the sleeping mess onto the floor. As expected, the person woke up in a jolt and attempted to untangle themselves from the blankets with a confused shriek.

The short young woman crouched towards the struggling caterpillar and peered down to get a good luck at her best friend. She grinned a Cheshire smile, raising an eyebrow at the person looking like Ronald McDonald's younger sister.

"Really, Dahyun? A clown? You couldn't find anything better than that to scare me with?" She didn't bother lending a helping hand to her best friend. Chaeyoung grabbed her phone from the nightstand and flashed a peace sign while Dahyun shouted curses at the blankets that didn't let her go. She took a quick selfie of herself and Dahyun and sent it to Tzuyu.

"Chaeng, that was abuse!! I am going to call the police for hurting your favorite unnie like this!" She rolled onto her back to yell at the amused Chaeyoung, wriggling like a worm to free herself from the confines of her blankets. "After all those years I raised you, this is how you treat me? I see how it is." Dahyun rolled over to her stomach and attempted to wiggle her way to the door.

Chaeyoung laughed and took the edge of the blanket to unroll the sulking Dubu.  She pulled roughly and Dahyun unraveled to the floor with a frustrated oof. She refused to look at the laughing Chaeyoung and rolled on the floor in mock anger. Playfully teasing her best friend, Chaeyoung got on top of the older woman and hugged her with her entire body.

"Dahyunnie, don't be too angry," she replied with puppy dog eyes. She snuggled closer and Dahyun's straight face started to falter under Chaeyoung's affection. "I'll make you kimbap later." At the mention of food, the blonde haired comedian lifted her head and her face broke out into a full blown grin.

Dahyun wrapped her arms around her small friend and the two giggled together.

"Ah," Dahyun gave Chaeyoung a quick smirk, "I knew you missed me, Chaengie. You can't resist your favorite Dubu." She pinched her cheeks and acted cutely in front of her. As cute as she can when she looks like a clown.

"You got me there." Chaeyoung got up from on top of her and helped Dahyun to her feet. "But I can't take you seriously when you're," she gestured to Dahyun's white powdered face and smudged red lipstick, "looking like that."

Dahyun gave her a thumbs up and walked to the nearest bathroom. Chaeyoung walked to the kitchen to where Jihyo was preparing breakfast for everyone else. Jeongyeon went to work early and Nayeon was still sleeping. Mina was surprisingly not already at the kitchen table. Chaeyoung noticed that she was an early riser and she was usually the first to sit down, waiting for breakfast. Chaeyoung greeteed Jihyo a good morning and questioned, "Where's Mina?"

Taking a plate to put the eggs, Jihyo turned her head and replied, "I think she's still sleeping. Mina was up late last night beating up Dahyun. You should ask her when she gets here."  She opened the cabinets to take out the salt and pepper. "Better yet, can you wake up Mina and Nayeon to tell them that breakfast is almost ready."

Without needing to turn her head, Jihyo also called to the blonde haired woman that walked in with a now bare face, "Dahyun, can you prepare the table for me?"

Dahyun walked over to Chaeyoung to whisper, "I still don't know how she does that..." Chaeyoung shrugged her shoulders in response.

"What was that, Dahyun?" Jihyo asked.

"Nothing, Jihyo. I'll get right on it!" Dahyun scurried off to do her task.

Chaeyoung's first stop was the so-called 3Mix room. Opening the door, the first sight that greeted her was a snoring Nayeon sprawled on her bed with the blankets kicked to the floor. Chaeyoung scratched her head in thought, how was she going to do this. Nayeon was notorious for being a deep sleeper and it was extremely difficult

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter