Like Rain and Tea

Welcome to Waikiki
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Stepping outside the hustle and bustle of the airport, a strong breeze kissed a tanned face, blowing her hair back as gently as a lover's caress. Her tall figure and perfect proportions distinguished her from the nameless masses that passed through the busy intersection, yet she paid no heed to the people that whipped their heads to catch a glimpse of her beauty and instead looked down at the phone in her hand. She hesitated to push the call button on the contact name labeled Thomas the Train Engine but inevitably thought better of it.

She smirked. It wouldn't hurt to take a page from Dahyun's books and surprise them just this once.

 

In a large house with a distinctly Hawaiian theme, a little tiger ran through each of the rooms, taking small things here and there without speaking a word to the other women in the house that looked at her strangely as she passed by. Though the soreness still lingered In her muscles, she worked tirelessly to push the huge canvas out of her and Dahyun's shared room, through the hallway, and out of the front door to the tarp-covered patio. And she meant it when she said it was huge. The width of the canvas barely fit through the doors and she didn't know how she was able to fit the entire length through the narrow hallway, but she was able to do it alone and with a little help from all of the divine beings that she prayed to before she started moving. 

Mina looked at the tired Chaeyoung, lying on the large tarp near the canvas made for giants, through the open door and watched her roll over to sort the many brushes and paints she had collected over the years. Mina and Sana had asked her multiple times if they could help, but each time they were given a cheeky smile and a shake of her head.

Dont worry, she said every time, this isn't as hard as it looks.  But each grunt and yelp that echoed through the house made the two think otherwise. 

Worry flashed through Mina's eyes every second Chaeyoung took to push the canvas through the house and she watched from the side just in case she needed the extra help. Without her noticing, Mina would sometimes pull from the other side when Chaeyoung was preoccupied talking to Sana and she would then act casual when the younger girl shifted her gaze at her. Why couldn't the others be here to tell this stubborn girl to rest, Mina sighed.

As luck would have it, everyone except Sana and Mina were gone for the day. Momo went to the dance studio in the morning and she wouldn't be back until late into the night. Dahyun, on the other other hand, was requested to come in as a substitute for a comedy show after the main host fell in ill. Nayeon, Jeongyeon, and Jihyo were in a meeting with the landlord to discuss the building and the rising rent. No one present in the house was able to tame the little tiger and Mina cursed her fortune.

"So...what do you think she's doing?" A voice uttered behind Mina and she felt a weight on her right shoulder. Sana leaned her head on Mina, round eyes scanning the tiger throwing paint at the canvas haphazardly. "To me, it looks like she's trying to swat a fly with a paint brush."

"I don't know. When I asked, she said she had an idea and didn't say anything else."

Sana hummed in agreement and shrugged her shoulders. "Why don't you help her out, Minari?" She lifted her head and nudged her with a shoulder. "I have to go grocery shopping for lunch, so I can't do it but I know you can since you're not doing anything. You also haven't properly talked to her ever since she woke up from that night. This is your chance, Mina-chan."

 Mina's eyes focused on her house slippers as she took to consideration Sana's suggestion. She did want to ask how Chaeyoung was doing, but she felt that waiting days to show her concern would've given the other girl the idea that she didn't care. But Mina did care. She was only afraid to hear the resentment in Chaeyoung's voice after forcing the normally happy-go-lucky girl to run herself to an early death for an ungrateful person like her. 

Sana watched Mina intently. The woman doesn't talk much and she especially doesn't like talking about her feelings, but Sana promised herself that she'll get Mina to open up for her sake. However, this girl was just as stubborn as Chaeyoung.

Sana took Mina by the arm, surprising her, and shouted to the artist, "Hey, Chaeyoung! Do you mind if Minari helps you out!"

"Huh? Mina?" With one last flick of her wrist, Chae

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter