Nailed It! (Satzu)

Welcome to Waikiki
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Idea from Kimcharmie_SNSD

 

 

Tzuyu never thought she'd feel like a third wheel in the comfort of her own home. She walked inside the kitchen to get a snack, but instead found Jeongyeon and Nayeon, now aptly called the "Parents" by everyone else in the house, pecking each other's lips occasionally as they talked about how stupidly in love they were.

It was a personal attack against Tzuyu's single .

Of course, 2yeon didn't notice her at the doorway—how could when they were too absorbed with eachother. The two were in their honeymoon phase after confessing the night before, but everyone secretly counted down the hours until their bickering would fill the house again. So far, it had been six hours and they guessed that the duo wouldn't last for ten. 

The tall woman felt a weight on her left side, and she glanced down to see a certain squirrel clutching her arm as she looked at the newly formed couple as well. "Aren't they cute." She tilted her head up to meet Tzuyu's eyes and pouted cutely. "When are we going to be like that, Chewy?"

"Don't get your hopes up." Tzuyu stated coolly. She attempted to slip her arm away from Sana's vice-like grip, but she stubbornly held on. She sighed in defeat and flopped down on the couch with Sana in tow. Laced with a hint of irritation, Tzuyu asked but rather demanded, "I'm starting to lose feeling in my arm, you know. What do you want now, Sana."

"I just wanted to cuddle with you, is that so bad?"

Tzuyu sighed, heavier than the last. What a flirt, Tzuyu thought bitterly. She had grown tolerant of admirers and their advances ever since she graduated high school, but Minatozaki Sana was another type entirely. Due to her personality, her actions blurred the lines between friendship and courtship, and quite simply Tzuyu didn't want to wrack her head trying to understand her.

"Yes, it is. I don't cuddle with anyone unless it's with Gucci."

Narrowing her eyes at the name, albeit a little strange, Sana was never one to lose to competition. She finally let go of Tzuyu to cross her arms in front of her chest. "Gucci? Who's that?" Each word was pronounced slowly to annunciate each syllable, as she watched for any sign in Tzuyu's honest eyes that would indicate of a secret lover that no one told her about.

At the mention of her beloved dog, Tzuyu's face lit up like a Christmas tree and a smile spread from ear to ear. Sana's hand itched to get her phone out and snap a picture of something as rare as Tzuyu's smile, but she refrained from doing so when Tzuyu scowered her phone for one decent picture of 'Gucci.' When the younger finally found a suitable picture, she shoved the screen at Sana's face, almost slapping her with the phone.

Sana squinted her eyes, analyzing each pixel. "A dog?"

Nodding her head enthusiastically, Tzuyu answered with overflowing happiness, "He's my dog. Isn't he adorable."

Not as adorable as you, Sana bit back that thought. "Very cute. Where is he now?"

Tzuyu's mood visibly dampened and her shoulders sagged from her otherwise perfect posture. "I couldn't bring him with me to Korea because the guest house doesn't allow dogs. I had to leave him back at Tawain with my parents." Her voice reduced to a whisper as she stared at the picture sadly. Tears pricked from the corner of her eyes from what Sana could see. 

Not able to resist herself any longer at how cute Tzuyu was being, Sana grabbed her shoulders and held her head against her chest. She nuzzled her cheek at the adorable expression as Tzuyu's face turned red in a full-blown blush.

"You are seriously so precious I can't handle this."

"S-Sana!" Despite her best attempts to yell out from her where her face was smushed into Sana's chest area, it came out more like a disgruntled yelp. Her arms, treachorous things, found their way around Sana's slim waste in a comfortable embrace. "I can't b-breathe."

"Sorry." She sheepishly let go, and Tzuyu fixed her hair as she sat back up. "Do you have work today?"

"No," she said as fingers combed her straight hair. "Jackson closed the bakery for today to focus on his wedding, but he gave me the keys just in case I wanted to work. I'm not going to make more melon bread for you if that's what you're asking."

"Eh?! No more? Why not!"

"I've been taking home melon bread for the past month, I think everyone's sick of it by now. Plus it's a lot of work, and I'm not planning to spend this day off baking for you."

"Why not! Baking doesn't seem so hard for me, and if you won't do it, I will!"

"Do you know how to bake?"

"Well..." She recalled the batch of burnt muffins from her first attempt and her face scrunched up as she remembered the taste.

Tzuyu, seeing the disgusted expression, knew to shut her down immediately before she got any ideas. "No."

"For all you know, I could be a better baker than you if you at least let me try." spread into a sly grin. "I think you're just scared that I'll beat you. Isn't that right? Chou Tzuyu."

With that, the gauntlet had been thrown down and Tzuyu's pride was being challenged by an over-enthusiastic woman that could barely last a day without stubbing her toe into their furniture. Her neck visibly tensed in annoyance at this infuriating woman and crossed one leg over the other—damn, if she wasn't so mad right now, Sana would've thought that this Tzuyu was extremely y. "Okay. I'll take you up on that. If you're that confident, if you're that sure that you can beat me, then you should be able to make what I can make, right? I'll call Jackson right now and tell him we'll be using the bakery today."

Tzuyu stood up to get her phone from her room as Sana glared at her retreating form, nose flaring in anger and eyebrows knitting tensely. She let the anger simmer into embers before it was washed by pure, unbridled dread.

HOLY , I CAN'T BAKE.

 

Tzuyu flicked the lights of the bakery on, and one by one each light illuminated the darkness of the vast room. It was impeccably clean, characterized from a day of no use, but that was going to change as Tzuyu took out the needed supplies from the cabinets and checked them off in the list she had in her head. Sana stood at the side, inching closer to the door, while Tzuyu busied herself with taking out utensils that she had never used in her life as a cook. Right when her fingers found the handles, it unexpectedly turned, startling the jumpy Sana.

A woman entered the room, raising an eyebrow at the Japanese woman she had yet to meet before she waved her hand at the tall maknae. Sana had to admit, the stranger was gorgeous and her sense of fashion rivaled that of the elegant Mina—from her black stiletto heels, to her chic skirt, and to the cardigan that loosely draped her shoulders, she was a beauty. But who was she and why was she here?

"Elkie, can you help me get the mixer while I set the ingredients," Tzuyu called from over her shoulder.

The woman, Elkie, put a hand on her hip and huffed. "If I remember, Jackson always puts the mixer on the top shelf and I don't see a stool anywhere. Shouldn't that be your job, Zhou Ziyu."

Were the two of them friends, Sana thought.

Tzuyu narrowed her eyes at the sass she was receiving and clenched her jaw tightly, an insult locked and loaded in her head.

 As opened, she was interrupted, "I'll buy you lunch if you don't say what you're about to say."

"Fine with me."

Or maybe more...

"Wait, stop right there." Sana motioned to Elkie. "Who is she?"

From her place crouched in front of the fridge and unable to see Sana, Tzuyu understood from the confusion in her tone. "That one is Elkie. I asked her to come act as a second judge."

Said woman glared at where she assumed Tzuyu was in the room, "What do mean by that one, you punk." She turned to Sana with a polite smile and shook Sana's limp hand. "Nice to meet you, Sana. That kid asked me to come over from my super busy schedule," she sent another pointed look at the carefree maknae behind the refrigerator door, "for something very important that she neglected to tell me. What am I doing here, Tzu?"

"Again, you're here to judge Sana's baking. She said she can bake better than me, and I wanted a third party's opinion."

"So in other words, I'm here because you're hurt. Yeah, I got it. I didn't know you got so petty while you were away."

Sana's eyebrows almost touched her hairline, she couldn't believe her ears. Someone was insulting Tzuyu, of all people, and not the other way around?!

Tzuyu emerged with several eggs in hand and a killer look in her eyes. "If Jackson wasn't busy being in love with his wife, I would've asked him, but instead I downgraded with you." She dropped the eggs into an empty bowl and leaned her arms on the counter.

Clutching her heart in faux pain, Elkie walked over and high-fived the clever, tall brat. Sana thought that would play over differently in her head with more slapping than high-fiving. The grinning woman patted Tzuyu on her head and looked her over from head to toe, "I'm glad you finally stopped growing. I was afraid that if you grew anymore that you'd need to crouch down when you go through a doorway. So how's the weather like up there?"

"How long have you been waiting to use those on me?"

"Since you came back,"  Elkie snickered, causing Tzuyu to roll her eyes.

"Good to know I was missed. But anyways," Tzuyu looked up to meet the gaze of the Japanese woman watching their verbal tennis match. "Sana, that one," she pointed her thumb at the woman that uttered an indignant grunt at the comment, "used to work here with me and she more or less knows her way around this place. She's going to judge harshly."

"Don't listen to her, I'm not going to be harsh." She lightly slapped the back of the taller girl's head, not too much to hurt but enough to tell her to shut her big mouth. Their relationship reminded her of herself and Momo, and she giggled at the thought. "Did you call anyone else or are we going to start?"

Rubbing her head, Tzuyu shook her head. "Jieqiong couldn't make it because she had a date, so it's going to be just you and I."

She made a mental note to call Jieqiong later and chew her out for leaving her alone with this savage. She side-eyed Tzuyu from where she stood behind her and made a face for Sana to laugh at. "Great, I'm stuck with you." Tzuyu looked back to see what was funny, but Elkie composed herself and stood nonchalant under the scrutiny. She stuck her tongue out when Tzuyu turned away.

"Anyways, your goal for today, Minatozaki, is to recreate this." The baker walked into the secluded room at the corner that was used to chill the pastries  below room temperature and wheeled out a cart presenting a three-tiered wedding cake. The shape at all wasn't complicated but the designs on each tier—Sana gulped—were as intricate as a puzzle, and were those flowers on the cake?! Sana stepped closer to inspect if they were real, but Tzuyu intercepted and kept her a safe distance from her masterpiece.

"Recreate that!? I don't think—"

"Oh," Tzuyu hummed and leaned to stare at Sana's eyes, worried and nervous of her own capabilities. "You said you can bake better than me, so you should be able to perfectly recreate a cake I personally made. Don't go back on your word, Minatozaki."

Sana stepped forward, their chests a breath away from touching, and scowled at the smugness directed at her. She wasn't going to back down that easily. "And I won't. Just you watch, I'll make the best cake you've ever seen and I'll personally feed you your own words."

"I'll look forward to that."

"Uh, should I leave the room? The is really awkward for me." The two ignored her but separated nonetheless. Giving her phone to Sana, Tzuyu told her how to navigate it to the instructions she wrote for her and gave her an encouraging thumbs up inspite of her competitive spirit. She took Elkie's arm and dragged her the front section of the store where the chairs

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter