The Force Returns

Welcome to Waikiki
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"How are you doing, shortie? You missed me?"

"CHOU TZUYU, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE!"

With a wide grin in her face and happiness exuding from her body, Chaeyoung recklessly dropped her paintbrush on the tarp and stripped the apron off her body. She jumped over the pile of brushes, paints, found objects, and ran to the direction of the Taiwanese woman that matched her excited grin like a mirror. When she was close enough, Chaeyoung hopped up and was swept off her feet onto her best friend's strong arms. Tzuyu spun them around as if she weighed a feather and she giggled at the energy she had long missed when she was miles away from her second home.

With a paintbrush still in her hand, Mina looked on with a slight frown, trying to understand where the unknown jealousy that erupted in her chest came from.

"TOL!"

"SMOL!"

Tzuyu placed Chaeyoung safely back on earth and held onto her shoulders just in case she felt sick from the spin. Despite the ride, Chaeyoung's light never left her eyes. She lightly assaulted Tzuyu's shoulder with a barrage of slaps.

"YA! When did you come back to Korea?! As your best friend, I get the best friend priviledge of knowing first before anyone else!!"

"Even before Dahyun?" Tzuyu fake flinched each time Chaeyoung tried to hit her, but she was enjoying every second of Chaeyoung's playful demeanor. She was reminded of their younger selves as their act continued.

"Especially Dahyun!"

"What about Jihyo?"

"Uhh..." At the mention of the woman that practically adopted Tzuyu as her daughter, Chaeyoung hesitated. "Nevermind, I take it back. Jihyo comes first."

"Speaking of, where are the parents and the old lady? Are they in the house?"

"They're at a meeting with the landlord. They told me they'll come back after lunch, but I don't know when exactly that is. The meeting seemed really important, Nayeon brought her briefcase with her when they left."

At the mention of the suitcase that had no real purpose but to make Nayeon look more professional, Tzuyu nodded her head slowly while her eyes caught a figure attempting camouflage into the background. She jerked her head at the woman, also catching Chaeyoung's attention, and commented without thinking, "Is that the lady with the broken nose?" Without hearing her friend's answer, she walked closer to the woman and held her hand out. "Hey, I'm Chou Tzuyu. Nice to meet you."

 "Myoui Mina." She replied, still trying to understand the feelings she had towards the new person and her relationship with the small tiger. Mina remained rooted the place she stood before Chaeyoung left to greet her giant of a friend. "I'm staying at the guest house for a while."

Tzuyu hummed, her eyes scrolled up and down the woman to size her up. She gave Chaeyoung props for crushing on her; beauty and elegance radiated off of her effortlessly. "I know that already. Jihyo clued me in when you first came. I'll be staying here too, so we'll be seeing more of eachother from now on." From how Mina's face showed subtle signs of being uncomfortable, Tzuyu, not wanting cause fights with anyone just yet, backed off and grabbed her abandoned suitcase by the handle. She walked to the front door and raised her voice so Chaeyoung could hear, "I'm going to put my stuff in the room and get something to eat. Call me if you need help getting something from a high shelf."

"Wait, Tzu! You should wait for—" BANG. The door shut before Chaeyoung could finish. "Sana to make lunch." She sighed and scratched her head. A paintbrush returned to her hands as she went ba

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter