Suits and Dresses Part 1

Welcome to Waikiki
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jackson ended the call with his fiancee with a sigh and a quiet I love you before sadly looking at the dinner he cooked taunting him on the table.

She told him that she was going to stay later than usual at work to figure out what she was going to do after the modeling agency canceled days before the shoot because of unknown reasons. Throwing away weeks of negotiations, she was forced to start anew, contacting other agencies for models and signing contracts, and expected to expedite the process in a span of a few days since the deadline was nipping at her heels and ready to rip her to shreds if she did not meet it.

To add to that, the stress of the wedding preparations were taking its toll on her if the bags under her eyes were anything to go by. It was frank to say that she was almost going bald from the amount of hair she was pulling out from the mountain of problems she needed to resolve. 

Jackson twirled a noodle around his fork lethargically. Without her, the cozy apartment they owned became empty to him. Empty, cold, heartless. Even after years of living there since the first day he moved to Korea, he wouldn't call the place home unless she was there with him to laugh at his pouting face and add warmth to the house. If she hadn't been so adamant about it, he would have canceled the wedding so she could focus on her project alone, but she was a tenacious woman and had decided that she was going to see it through to the end as a big middle finger to the agency that dared to cancel on her.

That was his girl, alright. He couldn't be any more proud of her for that, but he wished that she could come home more often.

And what was he going to do with all this food? Jackson was against wasting so that was not an option. Fishing the phone out of his pocket, he went through his contacts for possible people that could come and eat food with his lonely self.

Mark? He was on vacation and so that was a no.

Jinyoung and JB were off on a soul searching roadtrip around the country so that was also a big no.

Youngjae? Yugyeom? BamBam? They were all out of the country.

His thumb landed on the name of his cousin and smirked. If he was able to tell his younger self that he would someday be in the position to call Chou Tzuyu, the kid that used to steal food from him whenever she was hungry, for a dinner invitation, he would call himself crazy. But alas, she was good company and he had food, so he might as well try to call his extremely beautiful cousin over.

His extremely beautiful, model-like cousin. His extremely beautiful, model-like cousin that probably knew other extremely beautiful, model-like women.

Huh...

Jackson scratched his chin in thought; a grin slowly widened as the gears whirled in his head. He texted his lover to ask how many models she needed for her photoshoot, and a minute later he was given an answer.

Nine? Easy.

Calling his cousin, he waited for a few rings before it was answered by a groggy voice, "What do you want."

"It's so early, how are you already sleeping?" He laughed. "But anyways, I have a favor to ask you―a really big favor. How quick can you come to my house?"  He heard shuffling from the other line that was probably Tzuyu getting up from her bed.

"Give me twenty minutes."

"That's great! Thanks, Tzu. I also made spaghetti in case you were hungry." A sleepy grunt was her final answer back. Aside from being extremely beautiful and model-like, he was happy that his gluttonous cousin was dependable when he needed her to be.

That night, Jackson shared his thoughts with Tzuyu over a plate of spaghetti, going as far as to beg on his knees when her face exhibited a smidge of reluctance. Eventually, she relented and agreed on the condition that she could use the bakery anytime she wanted for a month and she will be exempted from being part of the taste testing team when testing cakes.

Jackson agreed to her conditions readily and proceeded to text his wife the news. Tzuyu also texted the eight people she knew would be willing to do it if she asked them personally.

 She sent a single message to the group chat titled Workers of Waikiki.

Help.

 

A day later, the group of nine women found themselves standing in front of a refurbished warehouse that acted as the temporary site for the photoshoot.  

Jeongyeon squinted at the delapidated walls as she shielded her eyes from the harsh sun. "Are you sure this is the right address? When I said I was going to help, I didn't agree to sell my kidneys to fund your online shopping addiction."

Tzuyu ignored her comment and opened the iron doors wide for everyone to walk in. The inside wasn't as old and rusty as they assumed. It was quite the opposite; the wide room was organized cleanly into separate rooms divided by curtains―probably meant for changing―and photography equipment kept at a corner yet to be set up. The windows located at the upper portion of the walls were opened to stream natural light into the room, making the scene with its lace and white sheets almost like a scene stolen from heaven. It made Chaeyoung's aesthetic-loving heart full with appreciation. A single tear rolled down her cheek from the sheer joy she was feeling at that moment.

The only occupant of the large warehouse, a woman bent over multiple laptops typing away in a frenzy, popped her head up at the sound of nine footsteps echoed throughout the hollow building. The photographer dropped what she was doing and strutted over to her models, grinning madly at the sight of the hidden beauties she never knew existed until today. Her eyes roamed, looking them up and down, and she nodded in satisfaction with what she saw.

She turned her head to the only familiar face of the group. "How did Jackson rope you into this, this time?" she said with a hint of a giggle.

"He gave me food." Tzuyu stated as if it was the most obvious answer in the world.

The woman laughed and finally addressed the other eight women that were standing beside the tall makae with a low bow. "Thank you all very much for agreeing to meet me in such short notice. If any of you need help, don't be afraid to contact me at anytime. I'm not exaggerating when I say that you girls saved my career." She raised her head where everyone could see her beautiful face without obstruction. "My name is Hwang Eunbi, but I'll be more comfortable if you called me by my nickame, SinB. I'll be working with you today as the photographer, so let's all get along, 'kay?" A chorus rang out and then they transitioned to introducing themselves one by one.

As SinB observed the group, she found that they subconsciously paired themselves into charming duos. Nayeon and Jeongyeon kept eyeing each other not so discreetly from other sides of the room―whether it was meant to be flirtatious or from irritation, SinB had to admit that their chemistry was powerful. Momo had her arms around Dahyun in a loose embrace. Tzuyu's eyes had the habit of landing on Sana when she stared off into space and Sana absolutely glowed whenever she caught the other girl staring. Chaeyoung had an arm slung around Mina's shoulders comfortably while Mina slightly leaned towards her.

And Jihyo? Her presence alone was stunning enough to catch anyone's eye.

She was already devising the gameplan in her head to which groups each were going to fall in for her project.

Very interesting. 

Chaeyoung raised her free hand. "I have a question actually. What exactly are we doing today? Tzuyu said that we were going to help out in a photography project, but she wasn't exactly specific with the details."

SinB shot a glare at the tall maknae. "Since someone convenietly forgot to explain, I'll give you the rundown. To keep it short, you'll be modeling some special outfits for a fashion magazine. Depending on how well you all do today and how well I can edit the photos before the deadline, you may also find yourselves in next month's issue whenever it comes out."

"What's the theme?" Nayeon excitedly asked, she would be jumping for joy if Jeongyeon didn't have a hand on her shoulder.

SinB crossed her arms and observed the group as she answered, "You'll figure it out when you see the outfits I've prepared for you all today. But first things first." She walked up and gently nudged Momo, Tzuyu, Jeongyeon, and Mina onto one side and pointed to the changing station in the corner. "You four will be waiting over there while I get situated with what you're going to wear. And please, save your questions for later. Just trust me." 

 The photographer then turned to Nayeon, Sana, Chaeyoung, and Dahyun. "You guys will be waiting in the other changing room opposite of theirs. Remember, no peeking."

Jihyo nervously scratched her head as she watched her friends disappear behind the curtains. "What about me?"

Red lips widened into a grin. "Just wait around for a little more. I have special plans for you."

The groups chattered good naturedly inside their respective changing rooms about what outfits SinB had planned to give them. There wasn't anything inside except individual stalls for more privacy as well as tall mirrors that were self explanatory, so the groups paced around the cramp space in anticipation. 

Outside on her chair, SinB saw the text signifying that the rest of her team had arrived in the parking lot with the rack of clothes that the two groups were going to model and in addition, the make up artists she worked closely with had replied to her desperate message and were on the way. She leaned back and gave a sigh of relief. This half baked plan was actually coming together nicely. 

She raised her head when the familiar pitter patter of shoes on cement approached her and saw that it was the short haired woman, Jeongyeon she recounted.

"Hey SinB, can you tell me where the bathrooms are? I couldn't find one inside."

That was always the most asked question whenever SinB used this place. "Yeah, this place doesn't come with one, but if you go outside and turn left, it's just straight ahead."

"Thanks!" Jeongyeon smiled politely and walked through the iron doors of the warehouse. SinB could've sworn that she turned right instead of left but decided that she was probably going to find it one way or another.

A few moments later, the once passive set was brought to life when a flurry of people started walking in and out with racks cradled in their arms and various other boxes being lifted inside near the equipment. SinB's mood changed instantaneously from the laid-back woman that Jihyo just met to the renowned professional that earned her the success of being featured in a popular magazine. She attempted to shri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter