A Whirlwind

Welcome to Waikiki
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Did you miss me?

 

This is an update for babyninja the rest of you can go home… ESPECIALLY ELCTEN

Also special shout out to LhalayneAisha14 for guessing the plot. Please close your third eye, you’re too powerful

 

 

Tzuyu was not the jealous type. How could she be? What was there for her to be jealous about anyway? She was Chou Tzuyu, after all; smart, beautiful Chou Tzuyu who was above feeling such petty emotions. With a face like hers, she could get anyone she wanted to, and there was already an abundance of admirers lined up just to receive a one-worded rejection.

 

 

After the fiasco with the air mattress, Chaemin had settled in comfortably well. When she saw him, Nayeon switched to grandma mode and pinched his cheeks, cooing at how handsome he had gotten. Jeongyeon and Jihyo were surprised at how tall he had grown. Meanwhile, Chaeyoung attempted to climb every stable surface so she could look down on him when they conversed.

 

Tzuyu, on the other hand, was unperturbed by the new addition. Chaemin was a good kid and they were familiar with each other, but she wasn’t as close to him as Jeongyeon or Dahyun. The two of them were acquaintances at best and she was comfortable enough around him since he radiated the same playful vibes as his sister.

 

However, she was slightly annoyed at how he looked at Sana.

 

 

During his second night with them, he announced that he wanted to stay for the entire duration of his break—a whole two weeks more—as they ate dinner. Jeongyeon, Jihyo, and Nayeon weren’t present because they had a meeting with the landlord, and they kindly suggested that they ate without them. Without the voices of reason (and Nayeon), the dinner was more chaotic than normal.

 

Chaeyoung pointed an accusatory fork at him, eyes narrowed in irritation. “You said you were only visiting for a night and then you were off to wherever you were going for vacation.”

 

However, Chaemin wasn’t intimidated by his half-pint of a sister and continued stuffing his face with pasta. “That was the plan, but things change, y’know? We had to cancel the road trip after Jae got the car checked up with the mechanic. It had some engine problems and we weren’t about to risk having our car break down at the side of the road in the middle of nowhere.”

 

“I don’t see why you’re here though. Can’t you stay with Mom and Dad?” Chaeyoung groaned. “They’re only like forty minutes away by train.”

 

“The house is getting renovated so I can’t, and I already told them I was staying with you.”

 

“Renovated? They got it fixed last year, what’re they doing now!”

 

Dahyun was quick to jump in to defuse their squabbling. “Don’t worry about your sister, Chaemin. Nayeon already said you can stay as long as you want so you don’t need to worry about getting kicked out.”

 

Chaemin beamed at the approval and shot a smug grin at his sister. The other residents, namely Momo and Mina, watched on as Chaeyoung got as red as the strawberries she liked to eat, sputtering at her best friend’s betrayal. The dynamic between the Son siblings was an interesting show to behold. It was akin to watching someone having a screaming match with a mirror—a futile attempt but still amusing to watch.

 

The conversation became more pleasant after that since the table switched to recounting funny stories, with most of them about Chaeyoung per Chaemin’s request.

 

With her chin resting on her hand, Tzuyu opted to quietly remain in her corner seat and simply watched Chaemin use his boyish charm to ingratiate himself to the new additions of the guest house. Much like his sister, he had a certain charisma that was absolutely magnetic, and he naturally thrived at the attention that would have otherwise daunted the baker.

 

It worked for the most part; Momo and Mina were comfortable with him as they laughed at his jokes and asked about his interests. Sana on the other hand…

 

“Oh! Chaemin, you have some sauce on your face,” Sana pointed to the corner of her own lip.

 

Chaemin blinked in surprise as swiped his fingers across his chin but ultimately missed.

 

Sana giggled behind her hand, a cute tune reminiscent of a bell chiming in the middle of summer, and grabbed one napkin from the stack at the center of the table. She stood up and leaned over to gently dab at Chaemin’s chin with her thumb ghosting over the corner of his lips. His cheeks were rapidly growing redder by the second, but he dared not move back, too mesmerized by the woman in front of him.

 

Huh? 

 

Tzuyu couldn’t help but catch how his eyes looked at her in that terrifyingly familiar way. She saw that look every breakfast, lunch, dinner.

 

“There you go!”

 

Ignorant to the boy’s embarrassment, the Japanese woman casually sat down and tilted her head. And there it was. That unhinged smile bordering between adorable and seductive; a sweet paradox that could cripple anyone to their knees. Not even the young man who modeled as an occupation was immune to the dazzling effects of Minatozaki Sana.

 

Tzuyu averted her eyes, away from Sana and away from Chaemin, and focused on moving the zucchinis on her plate in an effortless circle. She herself didn’t notice that her grip on the fork caused her knuckles to turn bone white, but the turmoil she didn’t understand kept her mind busy.

 

As always, Sana was being friendly, Tzuyu sighed. Just being friendly…

 

 

Having been the first to devour his plate—beating Momo somehow—Chaemin looked up with a satisfied stomach and a twinkle in his eye. “That was delicious! Who made the amazing pasta by the way?

 

“Sana did!” Momo replied, always ready to sing praises for her best friend’s cooking. “She made the pasta from scratch too.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter