Chillax

Welcome to Waikiki
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As Jihyo made breakfast that morning, she finally took the time to eye the once spacious table now occupied elbow to elbow with seven wonderful girls.

Dahyun was animatedly talking about the new guests she met on the comedy skit as everyone ate. Chaeyoung and Momo were the ones listening the most intently, the latter hanging on every word that left Dahyun's mouth as she ate her second helping of eggs. Tzuyu was on her phone looking at the list of recipes she needed to learn before she went to work the next day, only catching snippets of the conversation from time to time when she looked up to eat. Sana, on the other hand, was looking at the oblivious Tzuyu, sending heart eyes from her seat across from her. Mina sat, silent as ever as she ate, and laughed occasionally at Dahyun's jokes. 

As for the 2yeon couple, things had been rocky after Nayeon's drunk escapade days ago. Jeongyeon had been avoiding the eldest every chance she got, opting to go to work at the most ungodly of hours at the day and choosing to sleep at her sister's house for "convenience", and it had taken its toll on the both of them from what Jihyo could see when they glance her way. That's why a sullen Nayeon sat in her usual spot, poking at her food quietly and sighing an unhealthy amount of times. The space next to her, Jeongyeon's seat, was barren―something that was becoming more frequent ever since the incident. And as much as Jihyo wanted to whack the both of them for causing needless drama, the two were grown adults and needed to communicate with each other if they ever want a stable relationship.

A little nudge or two wouldn't hurt though.

After finishing her meal and cleaning her dishes, Chaeyoung asked, "Hey Jihyo, it's getting really hot. Can I take out the swimming pool from storage?" She was referring to the blue inflatable pool that they bought from an online shopping site years ago that could barely fit two people―three if they push the limits.

"I don't see why not." Jihyo tapped Nayeon's shoulder. "Is there a booking today?"

"No, there's nothing today," she mumbled, not looking up from the mutilated eggs on the plate. No one else knew the reason behind Nayeon's dejected attitude, and Chaeyoung's face shot a million questions at Jihyo, wanting to know what was wrong with the cheerful woman. In response, Jihyo shook her head, mouthing an I'll tell you later as she shooed her off to get the pool ready. Dahyun shoved the remaining portions of her food in and went to help Chaeyoung followed by a resigned Tzuyu just in case they might need her if the box was on the top shelf.

"A swimming pool?" Sana's face was sparkling and her eyes twinkled in delight. Jihyo already had an idea what was happening in that head of hers. "What a treat."

"Back off the kids, Minatozaki, or else I'll personally lock you inside your room."

"You worry too much, Jihyo! I wasn't going to do anything." Despite her saying that, the Cheshire smile never left her face. Momo rolled her eyes as she took a bite of her toast; she was exasperated by her best friend but she knew it was all harmless. For the most part, that is. "Besides you should worry more about Momo. She's been practically eyeing Dahyun since she got here, if you know what I mean."

Momo's head shot up and flinched from the whiplash. A noise akin to a whine left at the mention of the name. "Sana!! Please stop talking!" She turned to the surprised Jihyo and pleaded, signature puppy eyes and all, with her, "Can you lock her up in the room now?"

From the corner, drinking the coffee that Chaeyoung brewed for her, Mina gave her own sly remark, "She didn't hesitate to throw you under the bus, Momoring."

"I only speak the truth and nothing but the truth!" Sana held her hands up in defense, playing innocent when she clearly was everything but.

Momo pointed a fork at her in accusation, "Oh yeah, I should say the same thing about you and Tzuyu! Don't think I don't know what you've been looking up for research on your laptop. You don't try to hide it too! Even Mina knows what you've been up to."

Stonefaced and passive, Mina turned to the disbelieving woman. "I can't pronounce half of the things you've searched on the internet, nor do I want to."

"Minatozaki Sana, what do you look up??"

As Jihyo was rolling her sleeves to suplex the Japanese woman, a loud sigh interrupted her rampage―Sana thanked her angels that she was able to prolong her death. The room fell silent as the eldest got up from her seat and stalked out of the kitchen to her room. The remaining occupants glanced at each other and then at Jihyo.

"It's a long story. I'll tell the whole thing when the maknaes finish setting up the pool up front. As for now..." Jihyo pointed to herself and then to Sana. "I'll be watching you, Minatozaki."

A shiver ran through Sana's spine. She was already playing with fire by flirting openly with Tzuyu in front of Jihyo, but she knew that the younger woman will keep true to that promise.

Momo snickered at the petrified squirrel, but Jihyo added, "I'll be watching you too, Hirai. And Myoui..." The woman in question tilted her head in wonder, what did she do? "You're doing great, sweetie. I approve of you and Chaeyoung." Jihyo gave an encouraging thumbs up at the Mina froze. Her mind was unable to process the blessing and opened and closed with unsaid words.

"YOU AND CHAEY

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter