City of Stars (Dahmo)

Welcome to Waikiki
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In the dead of night, after hours of rehearsals and script reading, Dahyun used her hand to cover the yawn that tumbled from recklessly. She was in the company building, looking over the words that started to dance into disfigured shapes and circles as she felt the moisture build up in her eyes—curse the horrid lighting in this building and her small stamina reserves. She was all alone, the last to go back home, because she insisted that she wouldn't leave until she nailed her parts all in one go.

That had been two hours ago.

The pale girl took off her glasses and wiped the water near her eyes with the pads of her hand. She squinted at the clock above her head—it's midnight already. The thin stack of paper, her script, sat on the table and Dahyun sighed deeply. The phone in her pocket buzzed to catch her attention, and she unlocked the screen to be met with thirty messages, one from Tzuyu and twenty-nine from Chaeyoung, saying the same thing: when is she coming home? Her reply was belated since the last message they sent was five hours ago, but she atleast wanted to tell them that she was on her way home now and they, Chaeyoung, needed to stop spamming her with stupid puns.

Dahyun walked through the barren hallways, the flickering lights as the only haven from darkness, her old friend. Who was she kidding; she was deathly afraid of the dark. The quiet made her skin crawl and her heart hammered inside her rib cage, and the incessant echoes that followed each step made her book it to the elevator, smashing the buttons as hard as she can while she looked over her shoulder ever other second. The doors open and she threw herself inside. She breathed a sigh of relief, pounding her chest lightly to calm the violent beating.

She looked at her phone to distract her mind from her irrational fears and found a notification glaring in the lockscreen from, not Chaeyoung or Tzuyu, but from Momo. Her eyes widened in realization; oh yeah, Momo's also working in the same building to choreograph a dance.

"Did you leave yet?" Dahyun read the sentece aloud, echoing throughout the small, four-walled death trap. The girl furrowed her brows and tilted her head at the question.

Not yet, her fingers typed the characters on the screen, where are you?

 

And that was how she found herself, fingers wrapped on the door handle and peering through the windows like a creep into a practice room with only one figure present inside. Dahyun's breath hitched at the back of .

She was everything; fluid, powerful, precise, like art in motion. Her body moved and flexed with purpose, planning in her head what she wanted to do in a beat Dahyun was unable to hear from the outside. The person's back was the only thing Dahyun can spy and if anyone asked her at that moment, at that time, who that person was, she would answer a hundred and one women before would eventually shape into a simple name.

Momo.

Well, that was sappy. Chaeyoung must be rubbing off of her.

The door opened with a click, swinging with a creak, and that was enough to have the unknown dancer spin on her heel to meet her expected guest.

HO MY GOD LOOK AT THOSE ABS!!

Dahyun oggled the woman's choice of clothing, dressed in a crop top with the word "HOT" emblazoned on her ample chest in bold red letters and sweat pants that fitted her sinfully well, and she prayed to the Almighty hoping that her gay wasn't showing in front of this clueless woman. Momo was wiping sweat from her neck as she glistened like an angel.

A sweaty angel, but still an angel.

Momo smiled the smile that Dahyun dubbed as "Owow's smile," innocent in nature as her face scrunched up cutely that made her squishy cheeks extra super squishy.

If there was a physical embodiment of "UWU", Momo would be it. So, this juxtaposition of the common adorable Momo behavior with her dancing along with her body was just way too much for one person to handle, much less a big gay like Kim Dahyun.

"Hi, Dahyunnie!" Oh Lord, help her; she's so cute even when she says her name. "You came!" She bounded awkwardly to her and took Dahyun's clammy hands into her own.

"Y-yeah." Eyes up, Kim Dahyun. Look at her eyes, remember Jesus is watching. "I texted

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter