Puppy Love (Dahmo)

Welcome to Waikiki
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Beta'd and co-written by DeadlyChaos42

I couldn't have done it without him.

 

Momo rubbed the remaining sleep in her eyes, as she fastened the laces of her shoes with a profound tug for the umpteenth time since she sat down to fix it. She was dressed in clothes she didn't mind getting dirty, wearing an oversized shirt tucked into faded jean shorts, as she waited for Tzuyu to come back after mysteriously returning to her room about...

Momo glanced at the watch on her wrist. Twenty minutes ago?

What's taking her so long? The dancer wondered, scratching her head in confusion. She and Tzuyu had planned to go to the animal shelter just yesterday, she couldn't possibly forget about it that easily.

An annoyed groan erupted from the pale girl wrapped tightly inside her blankets when she felt something roughly shake her catatonic form. Inside the School Meal Club room, Tzuyu grew increasingly more frustrated by her friend's inability to wake up before a reasonable hour of the day. Here the great Chou Tzuyu was, playing cupid for her best friend and giving her a cute date without the hassle of asking—with this, she surmised, Dahyun will stop keeping her awake at night with date ideas and let her get her much needed sleep.

"Wake up!" Her voice was strained, trapped between a half-whisper half-shout that traveled to Dahyun's ear. The other woman answered by curling further into a tight ball, ignoring reality to remain in her sweet dreams just a while longer.

Tzuyu gritted her teeth, the veins in her neck becoming more prominent as a result, and took a fistful of Dahyun's blanket in a tight grip. This tofu girl was already ruining her own date before it even started, so Tzuyu resorted to other options. Desperate times called for desperate measures. It was time for Plan B.

The tall woman whispered an apology unheard by its receiver and mentally counted down in her head. She hoped that her friend wouldn't be too mad.

Three.

Two.

One. With the strength of a lion, Tzuyu pulled the covers off the bed, taking with it the sleepy lump of her best friend to the floor. Discombobulated by the sudden wake-up call, Dahyun flailed wildly inside her snare for a good second before Tzuyu tugged the blankets again and she unraveled like an undone burrito. Face first on the floor, a sense of deja-vu flooded her; she was becoming more acquainted with the floor lately, she thought in spite of the haziness of her sleepy consciousness.

The sight of Tzuyu crouching over her was the unexpected picture she received when she reluctantly opened her eyes. Oh no, she did not look happy.

"Morning." Dahyun wheezed, all the breath in her lungs having left because of her nasty landing.

 

Tzuyu's fierce eyes softened; she really was sorry for the rough treatment, but thirty minutes had already passed and Momo was readily waiting. "You'll thank me when you two get married, so go get—nevermind, that'll take too much time." Taking a look at Dahyun's sleep-wear of a silly graphic t-shirt and the bottoms of a track suit, she decided that it was good enough considering where she was going later on in the day. Shaking her head of her worrying, Tzuyu took the tired woman's ankles and started forcibly dragging her out of the room and into the hallway; on the other hand, Dahyun didn't have the energy to resist the small ride and instead her sleep deprived self giggled stupidly at how high the ceiling was when she was on the floor.

This must be what Chaeyoung sees all the time, Dahyun grinned at her own joke while the cool floor slid from under her.

Momo's head snapped up from her phone, and she turned around when the sound of padded steps grew closer. Her face brightened when Tzuyu finally appeared from around the corner, but she tilted her head when she saw another person was being used as an overgrown mop to clean the floors.

"Eh?"

 

"Sorry it took a while," Tzuyu grunted—pulling deadweight across the house was enough exercise she'll be having that day. "I just got a call from the bakery and they need extra hands for a job, so I can't come with you today." She dropped the legs with a thud, wiping the nonexistent sweat on her forehead. "But thankfully, Dahyun's free and would love to go with you, Momo. I hope you won't mind the downgrade with your date."

"Momo?!" The mention of the name was enough to rouse Dahyun from her sleep-induced delirium, and she quickly shot up to her feet, accidentally kicking Tzuyu in the stomach in her frenzy to look decent in front of her crush. Callused fingers threaded through tawny waves as Dahyun attempted to straighten her knotted hair, however she only succeeded in making it look more like a bird's nest. She eventually gave up and settled with restraining it in a tight bun high atop her head. "I probably look like a mess, huh?" She replied bashfully.

Momo grinned at the disoriented girl, happy at the pleasant change in company. "You look cute." Her statement earned her an even more adorable look from the younger girl complete with a blushing face and cute pout. Even when Dahyun dressed like an old geezer, Momo always found a way to compliment and coddle her.

A thought struck her like a bolt of lightning. "Wait just one second; I'll be back." Dahyun ran off and disappeared into the bathroom, returning with water dripping down her face. Momo's owlish expression asked the question for her. "I had to brush my teeth. And wash my face. At the same time." Momo patted her damp cheeks gently, finding that Dahyun's silliness became more and more endearing as each day passes. Dahyun cursed her own paleness, her cheeks must be stained scarlet with the amount of blood rushing in.

Eventually, they made their way to the door and walked outside to a beautiful clear day.

Behind the scenes, Tzuyu backed away into the hallway where Chaeyoung and Sana peered from underneath the reception desk, having a conversation of their own.

"Don't you think not telling her was a little... I don't know, mean? Devious? I only agreed to set them up so Dahyun would stop keeping me up at night."

"It's fine, Chaeyoung." Sana dismissed while patting her friend's naive little head. "They'll be too preoccupied with each other to be mad at us. By the time they get back, they'll probably be making out and half-way into planning their twentieth date."

"I guess..." Chaeyoung's voice trailed off. "But I'm a little worried about Dahyun. She isn't exactly..." She halted to rephrase her sentence, looking for the words she couldn't grasp. "...the best with animals."

 

"The ends justify the means, right?" She shrugged. "How bad could it be?"

 

"You're a little sadistic, aren't you."

"I like to think of it as being morally gay."

The small girl, mouth agape and wide eyes staring, had to think for a second to comprehend

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter