21.

The Winners Heart [jungsoo/hopesoo] (COMPLETE)

Episode 21 of The Winners Heart ♥

"Jin-ah" jisoo called sweetly before opening her brother's door. Jin looked up and quckly put his phone away in a panicked manner Which caused jisoo to be curious.

"Who were you texting?", jisoo asked as Jin got up from his bed and walked up to her. 

"Uh, well its was just...my boyfriend", jin said feeling embarrassed by it. 

Jisoo wasnt too suprised at his answer, all those nights Jin would come back home late at night talking to some guy at the front door wasnt so secretive. 

"Mm, okay as long I get to meet him you don't have to feel uncomfortable" jisoo said with a slight smile and jin sheepishly chuckled.

"Anyways, was there something you need? Food, a drive, a talk, help with homework?" Jin asked eager to help his sister with whatever she needed. 

"Actually there is something you can do. Can you make really good soup?" Jisoo asked and jin nodded almost immediately. 

"Extra healthy, like anti cancer , you know?" Jisoo explained and jin laughed and nodded.

"I got it, dont worry" jin reassured her, not questioning why she needed that kind of soup.

Jisoo and Jin have gotten closer in the past few weeks. Jisoo always wanted a sibling and now that she has one shes not one to let go easily. 

They've been hanging out a lot to make up for 17 years of lost time together. Jisoo couldnt be more happier than she is right now. She felt like life was finally going in the right direction for her but Jisoo has always been unlucky in the worst situations. It just seems like the universe is letting her rest for Just a little while..

_________________________________

Knock 

Knock

I peep through the small window to Hoseoks room and see that he's fast asleep. 

I purse my lips deciding to go in or not but eventually open the door and quietly slip through.

I set the wrapped up bowl of soup on the table and pulled up a chair next to me and gently held his hand. 

He looked pale and skinny, he must be starting his new treatment already. 

I felt a small squeeze on my hand and see Hoseok with his eyes slightly open. 

"Oh did I wake you, im sorry, I just bought you some food" I explained and he gave me that sunshine smile evnthough we both know he's in pain.

"Thank you baby, you're the best" he said before sitting up and giving me a peck on my cheek.

"Im sorry I havent called you since that day, I've been getting so tired lately with the side affects of this treatment" Hoseok explained and I nod understanding what he's going through.

"You have nothing to apologize for, youre in a crucial state, I'd rather have you here getting rest than dying to call me everyday when you're not well" I smiled.

I then bring the bowl of soup out its bag and grab a spoon. "Can I feed you? its healthy soup, its supposed to help with cancer and all that" I say and he chuckles.

I swirl the soup around with the spoon and bring the spoon up to Hoseoks dry lips and his eyes literally shot fireworks.

"W-woah! That's amazing! It taste so good how did you make this?" Hoseok exlaimed with shock from how good the soup was and grabbed the whole bowl from my hands.

I laugh and shrugged off his compliment "Im a pretty good cook", I say while gently rubbing my nose trying to hide my guilty smirk.

As Hoseok continued to eat his soup, I couldnt help but think of what happened in class today.

Jung Hoseok

Jung Hoseok

Jung Hoseok

His name rang like bells in my head but I couldnt figure out where I've heard it from. Plus the way everyone reacted in class today was strange.

Did hoseok have some type of reputation i wasnt aware about? 

I sighed in disappointment at the thought of Hoseok hiding something from me again.

"Jung Hoseok..."

I heard a spoon clank and looked up at Hoseok to see a frightful expression on his face. 

His eyes looked so much darker than they usually were, it was scary just staring at them but then his expression suddenly softned as he chuckled nervously.

"How'd you know my surname" he says with a fake smile plastered on his face and I was quick to make up a lie.

"Uh, I saw it on your visitor sheet" I said and he seemed to believe but I have a feeling he didnt. 

"Hobi...are you okay?" I ask him as his face became paler than before. "Do I need to call the nurse?" 

I felt his forehead and body and he was burning up. "N-no im fine...just stay here with me" he barely whispered and grabbed my hands and placed them on his cheeks.

I slightly flinched at how cold they were. there was something terribly wrong. 

"Hoseok, baby you need the nurse okay I'll be right back" I said with teary eyes and combed my hand through his hair only to be shocked by some of his hair coming out. 

we both looked at the hair in my hand with scared expressions as Hobi began to feel the top of his head only to have more hair coming out.

I didnt know what else to do but to run and get the nurse. 

I came back with the doctor and nurses as Hoseok looked like he was on the verge of passing out. 

"Escuse me Miss but you'll have to exit this room", one of the nurses said and tried to push me out the room but I didnt fight back knowing how these things work. 

"Dont wait for me..." Hoseok said loud enough for me to hear before the door was finally shut it in my face. 

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••