18

The Winners Heart [jungsoo/hopesoo] (COMPLETE)

Episode 18 of the Winners Heart♣


Hoseok laid there in the hospital bed with pondering thoughts. He held his phone, debating on calling Jisoo or not.

He soon gave up and let the phone slip out his hands as he suddenly began to feel tired for the 3rd time today. He's been getting weaker and weaker and he's not sure if he'll make it out of here alive.

After that day that Jisoo scratched his arm, he got sick. But Hoseok knew it was his fault because he lied to Jisoo and told her he wasn't sick anymore when the doctors actually told him he got worse. He didn't blame Jisoo at all.

He covered it up so well. The makeup to hide his pale skin, the almost fake smiles he plastered on his face the whole day and the way he was secretly limping due to the tiredness. He just wanted to spend his last days with her before he leaves this cruel, unfair world.

Hoseok lets a tear fall down his cheek as he regretted not saying the things he was supposed to say to her. He wanted to confess his feelings but he thought it'd be selfish, considering her recent family problems. 

Now, all that doesn't matter. It's not like shell randomly show up when he needs her. It never worked that way with Hoseok. 

There was a light knock on the door and Hoseok peered through the small window on the door but he didn't see a figure until the door opened. 

"Eomma?" Hoseok choked out as his only shining hope walked towards him.

"Hosoek, my baby!" Ms. Jung cried as she held her only son in a tight hug. Hoseok felt his shirt getting wet and soon realized she was crying and he couldn't have felt more guilty.

"E-eomma...I'm sorry I worried you, I'm fine," hoseok said with a reassuring smile which only made her cry more.

"Do you know how scared I was when I heard you left the hospital! How could you do that? Did you give up already? You accepted you want to go ahead and die alre-"

"Yah! I said I'm fine, I just had something very important to do..." Hoseok nearly yelled as Ms.Jung flinched at her son's sudden tone.

Hoseok deeply sighed before apologizing to his mom, "I'm sorry for yelling, I'm just tired of feeling suffocated in this room, its been 3 years...Our family really is cursed isn't it" 

Ms.Jung pursed her lips as her grip on Hoseok's arm loosened. "Was this thing more important than your life?" She asked and looked him in the eyes for an answer.

Hoseok didn't know how to respond, in fact, he didn't want to respond, but the more he thought about it, the clearer it became.

"Yes..", he answered and Ms.Jung accepted his answer because she knew what it was.

She pretended to not know the fact that she saw Hoseok out and about in the park having the time of his precious and wilting life with a girl she's never seen before. She was like an angel the way she made Hoseok smile like his life depended on it. She resembled that of a magnolia flower, Ms. Jung was left in awe.

She felt happy that Hoseok seemed to finally be enjoying his life more, but not until she found out he never came back to the hospital. 

"If you want to see her again, you can just call her to visit you instead of risking your life like that", Ms.Jung ended up confessing as Hoseok gave her a shocked expression. 

"H-how did you-"

"You can't hide everything from me Hoseok and I'm more than positive that she doesn't know you have leukemia, call her before it's too late", Ms. Jung said before planting a light kiss on Hoseok's forehead and leaving him there to gather his thoughts. 

Hoseok grabbed his phone and dialed the number Jisoo saved on his phone a while ago. He didn't think she would pick up but after the 3rd ring, his heart jumped.

"Hobi?"