Chapter 7: Handong

A Gift(DREAMCATCHER)

 

1501c28fca6bf554876171217526.jpg

Two weeks later, the school holidays already started. The people in the city spend their holidays together while the girls just stayed in house without thinking about their vacations. They all just watched the vacation channel on the television.

"Unnie, I'm bored. My friends went to another country for their vacations and why we had to spend our school break in this house," Gahyeon grumbled.

"Yeah Jiu unnie. Since our parents passed away we never had been to any place during school holidays," Yoohyeon added.

"It's not like I don't want to go on vacation, I don't know which one is the best locations to spend our holidays. Besides, Dami isn't complaining anything about holidays like you girls," said Jiu.

"Dami's only interest in books and kendo only!" Siyeon looked towards Dami who still was with books all the time.

"Okay so where do you girls want to spend time on our holidays together?" Jiu let her sisters choose their vacation places.

"Hiking!" Siyeon suggested her only idea that always inside her mind.

"Hiking? Last time you went hiking you almost got attacked by a bear. Now which animal will attack you? A polar bear?" said Handong.

"Well how about you? You want to suggest going to China and visit your family?" Siyeon words makes Handong zipped .

"Siyeon, how many times did we tell you. Do not bring that past things up. You make her look like an outsider." Jiu grabbed Siyeon's hand very hard as she asked Siyeon not said that.

"It's okay Jiu unnie. Siyeon unnie was just joking," Handong just make a calm smile. Its true that Handong was not their real sister or even their real family.

Its was happened when Handong was 12 years old...
~~~~~~~~

"Handong, I'm really sorry. We can't save your parents." The doctor said to Handong as she cried out loud, after heard the breaking news about her parents passed away due to car accident. The nurse at the room tried to calm the child down as they felt sorry to her.

The funeral was held in a dark cloud weather, same as Handong's feeling when her parents were buried in front of her. After the people that attended the funeral were gone and left Handong alone, she talked to the tombstones like she talked to her parents.

"Mom, Dad... What do I have to do now..." The tears fallen down as it's didn't stop. Then, someone approached from behind and patted on Handong's shoulder.

"Miss Handong, it's time. Let's go."

"Yes, Sister Arlene," Handong walked out from the graveyard and get into the car.

She opened the window and looked at her parents grave for the last time before she went to the orphanage house. She had been stayed there for 7 months before her new parents came and took her to Korea which she stayed now. When she arrived at her new home, she was so scared and didn't want to get out from the car. Suddenly, a girl with brown hair came out from the house after she heard that a new family already arrived. When she saw Handong was so frightened as she didn't want to come out from a car, the brown hair girl get into the car to calmed down Handong. She started her first conversation with Handong.

"Hi, what is your name?" the girl asked Handong but Handong couldn't understand the girl's native language. So, the girl pointed to herself and said her name.

"Jiu."

After Jiu introduced herself, she pointed her finger to Handong to let Handong introduced herself. Finally, Handong understand what did Jiu just did it. She said her name to Jiu.

"Handong."

Jiu chuckled and that makes Handong felt relaxed. Then, Jiu took Handong out from the car carefully and get inside to the house where the other sisters waited for their new family member. Jiu introduced them to Handong and they were happy. Handong was glad because there still someone that love her. Handong started to learn Korean with helped from her new sisters. That's how Handong came to be part of the family.
~~~~~~

"Yeah Siyeon unnie, your joke was too harsh, you know?" Gahyeon felt sorry to Handong.

"Tsk whatever," Siyeon rolled down her eyes like she never does anything wrong.

"Okay back to our discussion, anyone else want to suggest?" Jiu asked.

"What about the resort?" Sua suggested.

"The resort will be a great, I agreed with Sua unnie's,” said Handong.

"Same with us," Gahyeon and Yoohyeon also agreed.

"Dami, what about you?" Jiu said to Dami. She just showed a thumbs up  which meant that she also agreed.

"Well Siyeon, you have to agree although you don't like it."

"Ugh.. Fine. I agree," said Siyeon while rolled her eyes to Handong.

The Next Day.

“Everyone done bring your things?” said Jiu.

“Yes!”

"Okay, let's go!"

The girls got into the car and started their vacation to the beach resort where Jiu booked. They were lucky because there still one resort for them although its on the holidays.
Yoohyeon, Gahyeon and Siyeon began to make noise at the back. Dami put on her headphone and read her book. Sua just fell asleep. Jiu and the butler just chatted around at front. Handong looked out the window and watched the sky.

"Hey Handong, are you okay? You kept quiet since yesterday. Are you not excited?" Sua asked her fourth sister as she woke up because she couldn't sleep with noise from the sisters at the back.

"Yeah.. I'm fine. I'm really excited we going on vacation." Handong just smiled to Sua as nothing happen to her.

4 hours later without stop their journey, they finally arrived to the resorts.

"Okay girls, welcome to the paradise!"

The girls grabbed their bags and went to the reception. They check-in to their rooms and changed in their swimming suits. Sua, Siyeon, Yoohyeon and Gahyeon  ran to the beach and jumped into the water. Jiu and Handong just watched over her sisters played in the water. Dami didn't want to swim as she with her book only.

"Dami, why you didn't join your sisters together?" Jiu asked.

"Not interested,” Dami just said it shortly.

"You know what, you have to let go of your books and try to have some fun," Jiu advised her sixth sister and grabbed her to the beach.

"Handong, you don't want to join?" Jiu asked Handong.

"Nah it's okay unnie. By the way, I want to buy drinks at the stalls. I will be back.”

"Okay, be careful."

Handong went to the stalls to buy some drinks for her sisters when suddenly she bumped onto a few men.

"Hey pretty girl, be careful." said the unknown man.

"Sorry sir." Handong bow down to them as she wanted to go back but the men were tried to stop her.

"Hey, are you leaving so soon. Come with us. We have a small party at there," one of the man invited Handong.

"Thank you for your invitation but I'm really sorry. I'm with my sisters, and they waited for me." Handong refused.

Suddenly, the men grabbed both of Handong hands and covered as they wanted to kidnap her. Handong struggled very hard but the men was so strong. She cried and didn't know what will happen to her. Then, someone whispered in her mind.

"My beautiful Handong, don't be afraid. I will help you. I will give you a gift"

The men suddenly stopped when they saw a girl in front of them who looks like Handong.

"Who are you? Her twins?" the men just laughed.

"Nope, I'm her" the girl just smiled as she tried to scare them.

"Huh? Try to be funny?” The men gave an evil smiled.

"No, I already told you that I'm her" they heard another voice from back and saw there's another girl who looks like Handong. The men didn't believe, and they thought it's just a trick.

"When did you put a hologram, pretty girl? You trying to scare us?" The man asked angrily to Handong.

"A hologram? You think a hologram can do this?" A girl suddenly spread to another clones as it become to 10 clones. The men let Handong go and they ran away.

Handong can't believe what she saw. The clones come to her and they disappeared. Then, Handong felt tired like she jogged along 5 km. She also realized that she has a dream catcher on her hand.

"So this is 'gift' that Jiu unnie was talked about" she mumbled herself.

Then, she went back to the resort where the sisters was waiting for her.

End of Chapter 7