Chapter 27

4419

{Chapter 27: Alone on the radio{

J.E.R.K

 

Appreciation chapter for Ikon <3

 

 

 

Where the two of us lovingly walked together, I’m alone at that place.

Where the two of us took a selfie together, I’m alone at the café.

Even when I take the bus or the subway, there’s only you in my eyes.

Your image covers my eyes; the world is entirely a sadness.

 

 

 

Changbin sat on the bus as images of Hani drew in his mind – the girl sitting at the front seat with her headphones on.

 

*I am always alone in the places where we used to be together*

 

Changbin snapped off his trance when he saw Hani walking in the streets outside as his reflexes immediately gave in

 

“Stop the bus, stop the bus!” he shouted as the bus immediately jerked as Changbin ran down.

“Hani, Hani” he called as he ran towards the girl with long hair and brown overcoat as he placed his hand on her shoulder

“Yang Hani” he called as the girl immediately turned back

“Neh?” she muttered as Changbin took a step back
“Ah….mianhae” he muttered when

“A-aren’t you…Seo Changbin?” the girl asked as Changbin nodded awkwardly

“Nice to meet you, oppa” the girl bowed as Changbin bowed, walking away.

 

Changbin sat at the bus stop as he thought of Hani.

But days like that soon decreased where minutes turned to hours; hours to days; days to months and months to years…

 

Where things for leisure no long existed both for her and him- always caught up in the realities of being human;

 

Yang Hani and Seo Changbin remained forgotten by almost everyone, well, except Stray Kids and them.

 

***

 

 

“Hey guys, how about a soju party after this?!” Chan cheered

ME BBQ BBQ!” Jongin said raising his hands up

“Let’s go and celebrate!” Minho cheered

 

Stray kids – Best male artist.

We realized Hani’s dream after two long years.

I often get hallucinations of Hani, everywhere and anywhere.

Maybe I still haven’t got used to living without her.

 

The band’s van slowed down in traffic as Changbin stared at the drizzling weather outside and the bright lights at the café outside

 

Love and fall”

 

The café look pretty from outside as the large glass windows separated the beautiful world inside the café from the rainy drizzly weather outside

Changbin smiled as he saw a girl sitting with a guy with his back faced to him, the girl in a neatly knitted dress as her reddish brown hair fell just above her shoulders, bearing a striking resemblance to her – Hani.

 

“These hallucinations seriously gotta stop” – Changbin smiled as he looked at the girl busily arranging some paper works, glaring at the guy from time to time.

 

“Changbin hyung, where do you want to go?” Felix’s voice brought him back to reality

“Uh-oh, anywhere where you want” Changbin said as Felix nodded

“You guys should just get married soon” Woojin said as Felix proudly snuggled close to Changbin

“Yah, I have a persona to maintain” Changbin muttered as he turned to look at the girl one last time but the van now speeding away after the traffic was cleared.

 

 

***

 

“You make me drive around 300 kilometers to see you, great” Hani rolled her eyes as she locked her apartment.

“Just come soon, I’ve been waiting for nearly ten minutes now” June cursed as Hani angrily walked to her car, driving off

“I always knew ikon TV was a bad idea” she muttered as June chuckled

“Who knew it would be such a great hit” he laughed as Hani made a face

“I’m hanging up” Hani muttered

“Wait, wait, wait” June said as Hani sighed

“Mwooo?!” she shouted as she drove through the traffic

“Just talk to me until you reach the café” June said as Hani hung up the call, turning on the radio as she listened to the songs playing on the radio

 

 

Rainy days like today bring many good memories as well as sad ones.

Do you also have a person you think of when it rains?

A friend? A lover?

Tonight’s “Vibe with Kim Hanbin” will bring nostalgia and reminiscence to every listener.
Here is “ON RAINY DAYS” by B2ST.

 

 

KOO JUNHOE, FOR THE LAST TIME STOP CALLING!” Hani shouted

“Let’s at least listen to the radio together” he sulked as Hani sighed

“Vibe with Hanbin is on isn’t it? I need you to listen to it” June said as Hani sighed turning on the volume of the radio as the song came to a close.

 

Today, I have very special guests who are also my closest friends.

 

“Annyeonghasaeyo listeners, I am Kim Jinan, the y Jay”

 

“And I am Song Yunhyung, Yun, the cute guy”

 

(pffftttt Guys *sigh*)

 

“Welcome Yunhyung and Jinan hyung, so, on rainy days like today, how do you feel?”

 

“I feel amazing, the rain sounds so serene and peaceful. Just a time where you’d want to grab a book and a cup of coffee”

 

“Gurae, Yunhyung-sshi, on rainy days like today, I too like writing lyrics and getting inspiration for writing new songs for our fans and everyone around the world”

 

“Rainy days are also the perfect time to miss someone”

 

“So do you miss anyone right now, Jay-sshi?”

 

“We always have people we miss on certain times. But on days like today, I miss home the most, my eomma and appa and noona. How about you, our DJ?”

 

“There’s a certain someone I miss on such days especially because she likes rainy days a lot too. Though we can’t be together, I just hope she’s listening to our show on the radio right now”

 

“Aigoo Hanbin-sshi, is she your girlfriend?

 

“Aniyo, she’s the one who made me into a DJ. Remember when we were doing iKON TV where we could do our own bucketlist? I wanted to give a shot at DJ-ing after that”

 

“You probably watched Radio Romance, didn’t you?”

 

“Oh yes, that served as an inspiration. There’s also another member who is thankful to the same person as I am, our very own June has left us an audio message for her. Let’s give it a listen”

 

“Annyeonghasaeyo listens and annyeonghasaeyo Hani-sshi. It’s June”

 

“Yah Koo June” Hani muttered as June chuckled

“I am just thankful to you” he gave a small laugh

“Jerk” she chuckled

 

“There were certain times when I thought I couldn’t go on anymore and wanted to give up. Even while shooting iKON TV, you’d say that shooting with me was the hardest. But even though you always scolded me, you always did that because you wanted me to improve.

During those time when I loved drinking and clubbing the most, you’d lock me up in the dorm and ground me for hours. More than just a PD for the show, you endured with our dramas and kept up with us and helped us fulfill our dreams.

Hanbin hyung being a DJ, Bobby hyung getting the chance to release his first solo, Yunhyeong hyung’s mini cooking show, Jinan hyung’s opportunity to record an OST, our first appearance in variety show which Donghyuk always wanted, Chanwoo’s opportunity to pitch at the baseball games and my dream to publish my poetry officially, it’s all thanks to you.

So thank you Yang Hani-sshi, you’ve not only been a nice PD who always shouted at me but also a good dongsaeng who always looked after her oppas and a best friend.

Geumawo”

 

“Ahh~ that message was certainly a touching one. Don’t you think?

 

“Neh, Neh we are indeed thankful to our PD-nim”

 

“Though she’s not near us now”

 

“Neh that’s correct”

 

“Yah, the radio is not where you can play around like you’re in a dorm” Hani chuckled, driving

“We’re just thankful” June said proudly

“You never settle, don’t you?” Hani sighed.

 

“To say to Hani-sshi how much thankful we are to her, who is miles away from us right now, here is our song “Jerk”, so cheer up Hani-sshi. Stay strong. Here is ‘jerk’ by ikon”

 

Inside the radio booth, Hanbin chuckled as the song played at the bg as he showed Jinan and Yunhyung the text he received from Hani

“Are you really thankful to me or are you just searching for excuses to promote your song?”

 

 

 

Hani sat with June in the café as the guy stared at her, sipping his coffee

“Ah mwo?” she muttered as June looked at her smiling

“Inside ‘Love and fall’ café, here I sit staring at this beautiful short hair maiden” June narrated as Hani sighed, face-palming herself

“Get a grip oh?” She said glaring at June

“You’re my inspiration to write new poems” June teased as Hani angrily arranged her paper work

“Let’s be done and go home soon oh? I have to drive miles to get home again after this” Hani said as June rolled his eyes

“Your dad told us already” June scoffed as Hani glared at June

“Tell what?” she asked gritting her teeth

“That you’ve moved back to Seoul” June said proudly as Hani covered her face with her hand

“Make that future tense, I’m moving only a few weeks later” Hani said as she took out the documents that were due to be filled up by June

“Fill in every detail” Hani said as June looked outside

“Gosh, it’s drizzling” June muttered as he looked at the traffic outside.