Chapter One

Work Of Art

 

Hi I’m Choi Minhee and I’m currently 20 years old.  I live in Mokpo with my parents and older sister.  Yes Mokpo is Super Junior’s Lee Donghae’s hometown.  I don’t want to talk about him.  I was currently getting ready for my graduation.  I actually skipped a few grades so that’s why I’m able to graduate college so soon.  I’m majoring in fashion and business.  It’s my dream to be able to open up my own clothing line.  Jinhee unnie, my older sister, was currently curling my hair.
 
“Minhee stop moving around so much! You’re going to make me burn yourself!” She told me.
 
“This is taking too long unnie!” I complained.
 
“It’s not my fault that you have a lot of hair!” She told me. “Just stay still. I’m almost done.”
 
“Arasso unnie.” I pouted.
 
“Are you excited?” Unnie asked me.
 
“I’m just nervous unnie. I can’t believe I’m graduation college!” I told her.
 
“Don’t be nervous. It’s just like high school graduation so just breath and remain calm.” She told me.
 
“De. Are you done yet unnie?”
 
“Just a couple of more strands.” She told me. “Now hold still.”
 
After unnie was done, she handed me my dress and I walked to the bathroom to change into my dress.  My parents bought me a black and white strapless dress that went up to my knees.  After I was done changing I headed towards our living room.
 
“Omo is that my Minhee?!” I heard umma saying.
 
“I don’t think that’s Minhee honey. I think it’s one of Korea’s top super model.” Appa added in.
 
“Umma. Appa. You’re embarrassing me!” I whined which caused them all to laugh.
 
“We’re just kidding but honey you look so beautiful.” Umma smiled at me.
 
“Thank you umma.” I smiled back at her.
 
“I’m so proud of my beautiful daughter. I can’t believe she’s graduating college!” Appa said.
 
“It’s such a shame that Donghae can’t be here for your graduation.” Umma smiled sadly at me.
 
“Umma why are you bringing up Donghae?! You know they don’t talk anymore!” Unnie said.
 
“She’s right honey. Why bring up that name now?” Appa added.
 
“I’m sorry Minhee. I didn’t mean to bring up his name.  Today is suppose to be your day.” Umma told me.
 
“It’s okay umma.” I smiled weakly at her. “We should head to the university right now.”
 
“Alright. Let’s go.” Appa said and we walked towards the car.
 
It does that Donghae is not here for this important moment in my life.  But why would I care anyways?  I already know that he’s not going to be here… it’s been two years now.  I shouldn’t have any hopes. 
 
We finally arrived at the university and I went my separate way because I have to go meet up with my classmates.  I found my two friends, Sohyun and Hanbyul, and walked over to them.
 
“You’re finally here! What took you so long?” Sohyun complained.
 
“Sorry. There was traffic.” I grinned at her.
 
“Wow. Who’s this super model?” Hanbyul teased me.
 
“Whatever. You’re prettier than me.” I told her.
 
“What are you talking about? You’re the prettiest among the three of us. Even Sohyun agrees.” Hanbyul told me.
 
“She’s right. You are pretty.  That’s why all these guys chase after you.  I’m so jealous.” Sohyun said.
 
“Whatever.” I rolled my eyes at them.
 
It was finally time for our graduation.  The supervisor had us get in a line and we started walking towards the field.  This is it. I’m finally going graduate! I can officially become a working woman!  The ceremony went really well and my parents made me take a lot of pictures.  They were taking lots of pictures too.  They’re so embarrassing!  After taking pictures with everyone, my parents decided to treat me out for dinner.  Dinner went by fine and we all enjoyed each others’ company.  We were heading out of the restaurant when I heard someone calling my name.  It was one of my fashion design professor!
 
“Hi Mrs. Kwon.” I smiled at her and bowed to her.
 
“Hello Minhee. Congrats on graduating.” She smiled at me.
 
“Thank you. Mrs. Kwon this is my family.” I told her and pointed to my family.
 
“Hi. I’m Mrs. Kwon. I was one of Minhee’s fashion design teacher.  She was one of my top students too!” She told my family.
 
“That’s good to hear. Thank you for taking care of our Minhee.” Appa smiled at her.
 
“It’s no big deal.  I enjoyed having her in my class.  She has a lot of talent.” She smiled at us. “Which brings me to why I called you Minhee.”
 
What did she need to tell me or talk to me about?
 
“What is it Mrs. Kwon?” I asked her.
 
“There’s a job offering in Seoul.  They need a stylist and I thought of you.  I know it’s not designing clothes but you may never know.  The pay is really good and they’re going to provide you with an apartment so you don’t have to worry about rent or anything.” She told me.
 
“A stylist? Where at?” I asked her.
 
“YG Entertainment needs a stylist for their artists and I’m close friends with the owner.  He told me he’s looking for one and if I have any recommendations.  I recommended you.  What do you say Minhee? It’s a big break for you.” She told me.
 
YG Entertainment? So that means I would be involved with the entertainment world?   Would I see Donghae?  Why am I even thinking of Donghae?  
 
“Minhee ah. You should take the job.  You’ll get experience with this job.” Umma told me.
 
“You should take it Minhee ah.  You should explore the outside world! It’d be a great experience for you! We’ll come and visit you.” Unnie told me.
 
“You should do it honey.” Appa told me.
 
“Alright. I’ll take the job.” I smiled at them.
 
“Alright. I’ll call Mr. Yang and have everything sort out. You’ll be leaving next week. I’ll give you a call when everything’s planned.” Mrs. Kwon told me.
 
“De. Thanks a lot.” I smiled at her and she just nodded her head and left.
 
I can’t believe I’m going to Seoul.  I can’t believe I’m going to be working at YG Entertainment!  My family’s right… this is a big break for me!
 
Donghae’s POV
 
The members and I just got back from a photo shoot and we were all so tired.  I just wanted to go straight to my room and knock out.  I can’t believe it’s been two years since Super Junior debuted.  I can’t believe I actually achieved my dreams!  I’m thankful for everyone who has helped me get to where I am today.  It that my dad isn’t here with me anymore.  It was a really hard time for me but I had the members and all my close friends there for me.  I was lying on bed trying to sleep when I heard a knock on the door.  Leeteuk hyung walked in.
 
“Are you sleeping already?” He asked me.
 
“I’m trying to. Did you need something hyung?” I asked him.
 
“Ani. Just wanted to tell you that we have a special stage at Inkigayo in a few days.” He told me.
 
“Okay hyung. Thanks for telling me. Night hyung.”
 
“Night Hae.” He told me and left the room.
 
I was having a great dream until my phone woke me up.  Who the heck is calling me this early?!  I looked at my screen and it was my girlfriend calling me.
 
“Oppa did I wake you up?” Yoona asked me.
 
“De.” I told her.
 
“Sorry oppa.” She said.
 
“It’s okay. Did you need something?” I asked her.
 
“I just wanted to know if you wanted to hang out today.” She told me.
 
“I can’t today. I have a schedule. I’m sorry.” I told her.
 
“It’s okay oppa. Maybe next time then?” She asked.
 
“Next time for sure. I promise.” I told her.
 
“Okay oppa. You better keep your promise.” She told me.
 
“I will. I’ll talk to you later.” I told her.
 
“De. I love you oppa.” She told me.
 
“I love you too. Bye.” I told her and hung up on her.
 
I’ve been going out with SNSD’s Im Yoona for a few months now.  She makes me really happy and I’m glad she accepted me.  I tossed my phone back on my bed and went back to sleep.  It’s not like I have days like this. I just wanted to sleep in and catch up on all the sleep I missed out on.  A few hours later, hyung woke me up because he said we had to go to the SM studio to practice our routine for our special stage on Inkigayo.  We all headed towards the building and began on rehearsing sessions.
 
Minhee’s POV
 
I can’t believe I’m in Seoul!  Mrs. Kwon and YG Entertainment arranged everything for me already.  The apartment that I’m staying at is so nice!  I can’t believe an apartment can be this nice!  I was finally done unpacking and settling in.  I heard my phone ringing.  It was unnie!
 
“Unnie!” I said.
 
“Did you unpack and everything?” She asked.
 
“De. I’m settled in.” I told her.
 
“That’s good. I’m glad that you accepted this job.” She told me.
 
“Are you going to visit me?”
 
“I will when I’m free. I promise.” She told me.
 
“You better keep your promise!” I told her.
 
“Alright. I just called to see if you’re settled in.  I’ll call you later.” She told me.
 
“Bye unnie. Tell umma and appa that I love them.” I told her.
 
“Alright. Bye Minhee.  Take care of yourself.”
 
“De. Bye unnie.” I told her and hung up.
 
My phone rang again and this time it was an unknown number.
 
“Hello?” 
 
“Hi. May I speak to Choi Minhee?” The person asked.
 
“This is Choi Minhee.” I answered.
 
“Hi Miss Choi.  I work at YG Entertainment and the president told me to call you and ask if you were busy this evening.”
 
“Hi. I’m not busy this evening.” I replied to her.
 
“That’s great.  Can you stop by the building please?” 
 
“De. I don’t know how to get there.” I told her.
 
“I’ll text you the directions. We’ll see you see Miss Choi.” She told me.
 
“De. Thank you.” I told her and she hung up on me.
 
I decided to take a quick nap and then head to the YG Building.  After a few hours of napping, I woke up and went to get ready.  After I was done getting ready, I headed towards the YG Building.  I followed the directions that she gave me and I finally arrived.  The building was huge!  It was so modern and the architecture was amazing!  I can’t believe this is the YG Building!  I was in awe.  How can a building be this amazing?! I’ve never seen anything like this before.  I just stood in front of the building admiring it.
 
“Why are you standing there and staring at the building?” I heard a voice asking me.
 
I turned around and saw a really handsome guy in front of me.  He was tall and he had gorgeous eyes!  He was really handsome too!  I know I said that but he’s really handsome.
 
“I was just admiring the view! This building is amazing.” I told him.
 
“How’d you even get passed security?” He asked me.
 
“What does that have to do with anything?” I asked him.
 
“That’s none of your business. You’re not allowed to be here.” He told me harshly.  
 
He has such a nasty personality!  Why does he have to be handsome with a nasty personality?!  What a freaking jerk!
 
“Me being here is none of your business.” I snapped back at him.
 
“Yah how dare a VIP talk to me like that?!” He raised his voice.
 
“What the hell is a VIP?! I’m not a VIP!” I raised my voice too.
 
“So you’re saying you’re an anti of Big Bang?! Get out now or else I’m going to call security!” He shouted.
 
“What the hell is a Big Bang?! And no! I don’t have to get out!” I shouted back.
 
“Why you!” He shouted and walked towards me and grabbed my arm and dragged me the opposite direction of the building.
 
“Stop touching me you moron!” I shouted and yanked my arm away from his grasp.
 
“Get out now.” He told me coldly.
 
“You’re not the boss of me, you jerk.” I told him.
 
“I’m going to call the security on you!” He said.
 
“Go ahead you dip !” I shouted at him.
 
“WHO ARE YOU CALLING A DIP ?! HOW DARE YOU CALL ME THAT?!” He shouted.
 
“You’re not special .  I can call you anything you want.” I rolled my eyes at him.
 
“Why you-”
 
“Is something wrong Mr. Kwon?” A security guard asked him.
 
“This anti fan somehow managed to get through the security. She’s not allowed here.” He told the security guard.
 
“Come with me Miss.” The security guard said and pulled me away from the building.  I turned back and saw that idiot smirking at me.  I take back what I said about him being handsome.  He’s an ugly beast.  I freaking hate him!
 
Wait if the security guard knows him then he works at YG too?!  Great I hope I don’t have to see his ugly face.  The security guard brought me out the gate and started walking away.  
 
“Wait!” I called him and he turned around.
 
“Yes?” He asked me.
 
“I’m not an anti! I don’t even know what Big Bang is and I wasn’t trespassing!  I’m the new stylist for YG Entertainment and the president called me earlier and told me to stop by!” I explained but it didn’t look like he believed me.
 
“Sure and I’m the president of YG Entertainment.” He laughed and walked away.
 
What am I going to do now?!  How the hell am I going to enter?  I’m going to get fired if I don’t show up!  It’s all that idiot’s fault! Wait until I get my hands on him!  I was pacing back and forth.  What am I going to do?! I’m so dead if I don’t show up!
 
“Excuse miss but are you okay?” I heard a voice asking me.  
 
I saw a guy with shades on.  He was handsome and he had really big lips. Great.  Is he going to be a jerk too?!
 
“D-de.” I answered.
 
“Why are you pacing back and forth in front of the building?” He asked me curiously.
 
“I’m suppose to meet with the president of the company because he hired me as the new stylist. I was on my way inside the building but some guy called security on me and they won’t let me in.” I told him and I was on the verge of crying.
 
“Don’t cry. Come with me. I’ll bring you inside.” He smiled at me.
 
“Y-you believe me?” I asked him.
 
“De. Why? I shouldn’t believe you?” He asked.
 
“Ani. The guy before thought I was an anti.  He said something about me being an anti of Big Bang. I don’t even know what Big Bang is.” I told him.
 
“You don’t know Big Bang?” He asked me while laughing.
 
“De. What’s that?” I asked him innocently.
 
“Big Bang is an idol boy group produced by YG Entertainment.” He explained.
 
“Ah I see.” I told him.
 
“You’re so cute.” He grinned at me. “I’m Choi Dongwook.”
 
“I’m Choi Minhee.” I smiled at him.
 
“We’re both Chois!” He said. “Let’s go shall we?”
 
“De.” I said and followed him inside the gate.  We were about to enter the building when I saw the same security guard walking towards us.
 
“You again. What did I say?! You’re not allowed to enter!” He yelled at me.
 
“She’s with me.” Dongwook-ssi told him.
 
“But she’s an anti and she was trespassing.” He told Dongwook-ssi.
 
“How can she be an anti when she doesn’t know who Big Bang is.  And Mr. Yang hired her as a stylist.  Mr. Yang told me this himself.”
 
“I see.” The security guard said and walked off.
 
“Wait.” Dongwook-ssi called him.
 
“Yes?”
 
“Apologize to her.” He said.
 
“What?”
 
“You misjudged her and yelled at her. Apologize.” Dongwook-ssi said.
 
“It’s fine. He doesn’t have to apologize.” I cut in.
 
“Apologize or else Mr. Yang will hear about this.” He warned the security guard.
 
“I’m sorry.” He bowed at me and left.
 
“You didn’t have to do that.” I told him.
 
“I don’t like it when other people mistreat innocent people.” He told me. “Let’s go.”
 
I followed his lead and walked into the building.  The building was even prettier inside!  Why is everything so nice and modern?!  We went into the elevator and arrived at the top floor.  He told me to follow him and we stopped at a room and he knocked on the door.  We both walked into the room and the room was filled with toys!  It looked like I was in the future!  The room was so futuristic!  There was a man sitting in a table and he was on the computer.
 
“Hyung. You have a visitor.” Dongwook-ssi said.
 
“Who is it?” The man said and looked up at us.
 
“She said she’s your new stylist.” 
 
“Ah. Choi Minhee?” He smiled at me.
 
“De. Hi I’m Choi Minhee. It’s nice to meet you and thank you for hiring me.” I bowed to him.
 
“I’m off now. It’s nice meeting you Minhee ah. I’ll see you around.” He winked at me. “I’ll see you later hyung.”
 
“Have a seat Minhee.” He told me.
 
“De sir.” I replied.
 
“Just call me Mr. Yang.” He smiled at me.
 
“De. Mr. Yang.” I told him.
 
“Mrs. Kwon told me a lot about you and she would always rant on and on about you.  She loves you and asked me to give you a chance.  Since she is a close friend of mine I decided to hire you.  You won’t let me down right?” He asked me.
 
“De Mr. Yang. I won’t let you down. I’ll work really hard and I’ll make you proud.” I told him.
 
“I like you already.” He smiled at me.
 
“Thank you.” I told him nervously.
 
“Don’t be nervous around me.  We’ll be family from now on.” He smiled.
 
“De.” I smiled weakly at him.
 
“For now, you’re going to be the stylist for my idol group Big Bang.  I’ll give you other projects when the time comes but for now just be their stylist.  You’ll travel around with them and help them with their wardrobe and everything else.  If you have any questions or need any help, their manager will help you.” He explained to me.
 
“De.”
 
“The boys are really nice and friendly.  Don’t worry about them being mean.  I think you’ll get along with them.” He told me.  “Do your best okay? If they give you a hard time feel free to tell me.”
 
“De.” I told him. “I’ll do my best.”
 
“I know you will.” He said and we heard a knock.  “Ah you guys are here.”
 
“Why did you need to see us hyung?” I heard a voice asking him.
 
“You guys are here because you guys are meeting your new stylist.” He said. “Stand up Minhee. This is Big Bang.” 
 
I followed his request and got up from my seat and turned around and saw a group of guys.  There were five of them.  They were all good looking but the middle one caught my eyes.  It was the jerk!
 
“YOU!!!” We both yelled at each other and pointed our fingers at each other.