Chapter 19

Do You Trust Me?

Jeonghan stared at the text message. He knew he shouldn’t, but there was something about Jisoo that attracted him. Not to mention he felt a sense of comfort when he was around Jisoo, like he had known him since forever. So he took a shower and dressed himself in his favourite light blue hoodie and ripped jeans. He hoped he was presentable enough. He didn’t know why, exactly, but he wanted to look good in front of Jisoo. 

“Oh, you’re here!” Jisoo pulled out a chair for him as he greeted Jeonghan. Not used to being treated so nicely, Jeonghan suddenly became awkward. He might look like a quiet person, but he was actually very talkative. 

Unknown to Jeonghan, Jisoo was silently admiring how good Jeonghan looked. Short pink hair really suited him. And the light blue hoodie he was wearing made him look so soft and adorable. Jisoo resisted the urge to reach out and ruffle his hair.

“T-thanks.” He smiled shyly at Jisoo and sat down, his face heating up slightly. To be honest, Jisoo didn’t expect Jeonghan to agree to meet him at the cafe. Perhaps...No. He wouldn’t give himself false hope like he had done 7 years ago, only to be broken-hearted 7 years later. 

“I ordered your food for you, I hope you don’t mind.” Jisoo informed him. Jeonghan nodded his head, not wanting to be rude. They sat in awkward silence while waiting for the food to arrive. Jisoo broke the silence. 

“So umm...why did you agree to meet me?” Jeonghan noticed that his nose crunched up a little when he was speaking. Cute, he thought. 

“Well...I don’t know either. Maybe I just wanted to see your face.” He grinned at Jisoo mischievously. He felt like he could be himself around Jisoo. It was the same feeling. 

Jeonghan was exactly like how Jisoo had remembered, not that he would ever forget Jeonghan even if Jeonghan had forgotten him. His personality stayed the same, no matter how much his appearance had changed. He still acted like a child despite his looks. Over the years, Jeonghan had just gotten more and more good-looking. He was skinnier now, though. His cheekbones were hollow, enhancing his features. 

“Enjoy your food!” The waiter said as he served up two plates of pasta. 

“How did you know I liked pasta?” Jeonghan raised his eyebrows. 

“Lucky guess.” Jisoo shrugged his shoulders and tucked in. So Jeonghan hadn’t changed that much. His favourite food was still pasta. 

“I’ll pay.” Jeonghan offered after they had finished their meal. 

“I can pay, it’s okay.” 

“You already paid for two rides back home for me. It’s time I repay you.” Jeonghan insisted, leaving Jisoo with no choice but to let him pay. He muttered under his breath, 

“You can repay me by giving me a hug.” 

“What was that?” Jeonghan walked over to his side. 

“U-uh n-nothing!” Jisoo stammered. Jeonghan smirked at him, as if daring Jisoo to look straight at him and say it really was nothing. He put his arms around Jisoo, whispering in his ear, 

“Is this enough to repay you?” Jisoo froze. He hadn’t expected Jeonghan to actually do it, much less hear it. Oh God, this was so embarrassing! Jeonghan’s voice was like an angel’s. Sweet and soothing. But yet, that voice had broken him into pieces. 

But Jisoo just couldn’t get enough of it. Couldn’t get enough of Jeonghan. He was falling into an endless black hole, but he never wanted to come out. Jeonghan was his weakness and his strength. 

He was intoxicating. 

 

 

Author’s Note: the plot twists>.< im sorry everyone who thought this was gonna end with mingyu and jeonghan getting married but thank you for reading and subscribing anyways!